Warriors: Legends of the Clans (Warriors Novella) Spoiler Page

This book includes Spottedleaf’s Heart, Pinestar’s Choice, Thunderstar’s Echo.

• Spottedleaf’s Heart: Young apprentice Spottedpaw is determined to become a warrior…until she realizes that to save her Clan, she must become its next medicine cat.
  • Pinestar’s Choice: Discover what drove Pinestar, once leader of ThunderClan, to abandon the warrior code, betray his Clan, and become a kittypet.
  • Thunderstar’s Echo: In the earliest days of ThunderClan, its first leader faces down a new threat—and forges a new tradition for all the warrior Clans.

341 Replies to “Warriors: Legends of the Clans (Warriors Novella) Spoiler Page”

1. Magmawing
    April 22, 2017 at 11:02 am

Hi Kate
    I just got this novella and I think it okay although I think that it not that great of it stories like for instance Spottedleaf & Thistleclaw together (seriously?) and Spottedleaf never did learn her lesson about blinded by loved especially with Firestar. For Pinestar’s Choice, I can’t believe that Oakstar still has a revenging grudge against RiverClan especially since it created Mapleshade to be a very dangerous cat in the Dark Forest and having Cloudberry as medicine cat from RiverClan. Also I still hated Ravenwing for not being concerned about the kits’ welfare since it goes against the warrior code:”No warrior may neglect a kit in pain or in danger, even if that kit is from a different Clan.” (remember Graywing from RiverClan in Code of the Clans).

Now Kate, can I ask you a few questions on if they’re going to be another novella like for instance…

Will there be a super long novella on the four leaders (Redstar, Birchstar, Swiftstar, and Dawnstar) on what they think after driven out SkyClan from the forest? I love seeing them being scolded by StarClan for not helping SkyClan and not listening to their medicine cat especially Redstar from ThunderClan since Thunderstar was Skystar’son.

Will there be a novella on Cloudberry becoming the ThunderClan’s medicine cat and Oakstar reaction on it especially after Mapleshade?

• Magmawing
      April 22, 2017 at 10:16 pm

didn’t vicky leave warriors to write her own books?

• Kate
        April 24, 2017 at 12:46 pm

She’s writing her own books as well as Warriors novellas.

BlogTeam Administrator, Leader

• Magmawing
          April 24, 2017 at 12:52 pm

Kate can you give my ideas to Vicky to see what she think about them? I hope that she makes some novellas about this:

• Bramblepaw
          June 11, 2017 at 2:16 pm

If she is stuck, here are some cats that we really want to hear about!
          Rock
          Half Moon
          Fallen Leaves
          Gorseclaw, Spottedpelt, or Birdflight
          Oakstar
          Squirrelwhisker and Eaglestorm
          Russetfur (why she joined ShadowClan)
          Oakheart
          Rainflower
          Blackstar
          Onestar
          Darktail
          Barley
          Reedshine
          Birchface
          Blue Whisker
          Dappletail (her kit?)
          Sol

Hope you can write about these cats! Their stories can be very interesting!!

PS: pls make a super edition on STARCLAN!!!

• Bramblepaw
            June 11, 2017 at 2:25 pm

And also Hawhheart!

• Kate
            June 12, 2017 at 1:12 pm

Thanks for the suggestions! A great list 😀

BlogTeam Administrator, Leader

2. April 22, 2017 at 9:07 pm

All right, it’s time for my reviews of Legends of the Clans. I actually really enjoyed Pinestar’s Choice and Thunderstar’s Echo, but I felt that Spottedleaf’s Heart was a bit lacking for reasons I’ll explain later. So, here we go.

Thunderstar’s Echo
    It was very nice to take a visit to the early days of the Clans again. Taking place after Moth Flight’s Vision, the five leaders have all received 9 lives and gotten the suffix -star. It was nice how Blue Whisker, one of Moth Flight’s kits, was mentioned a few times. We also saw a few BlogClanners, which is always cool. So Thunderstar and Lightning Tail go to fight the dogs, and they both get killed. Well, only Lightning Tail actually gets killed, Thunderstar only loses a life. I liked how Thunderstar was the one who started the tradition of sitting vigil for a deceased cat for one night after their death. I also had never thought that a leader and a normal warrior could go through some sort of nasty thing and only the leader survives, at the expense of one of their lives. And at the end of the book, Thunderstar and Violet Dawn have kits, one of which was named after Lightning Tail (Lightning Stripe)
    There was one thing that slightly confused me about this book, which was that “said” was used quite a lot. I’m going to assume that was intentional because using it that many times couldn’t have been an accident. I’m going to do a bit of searching around to see if I can figure out why.
    So all in all, I really liked this novella.

Pinestar’s Choice
    This was my favorite novella out of the book. It was great to see a good, solid reason for Pinestar to leave ThunderClan to become a kittypet. We also meet Firestar’s grandmother, which was cool. Jake also makes yet another appearance, and Talltail is mentioned by him, so we’ve got that consistency. Pinestar and Shanty’s relationship was also rather interesting. I don’t know about you, but I ship it! So I was sad when Shanty died, and what happened when her Twolegs ran out pretty much made me tear up in English class. We also get another one of those instances where the leader only loses a life while the normal cat dies. I hope to see more situations like that in the future. During Bluestar’s Prophecy, I had found it difficult to sympathize with Pinestar’s leaving to become a kittypet, but after reading Pinestar’s Choice I was surprised to find myself agreeing more with his choices.
    I would personally give this novella a 10/10, I think it was very well written.

Spottedleaf’s Heart
    So my biggest problem with this book wasn’t Thistleclaw and Spottedpaw’s relationship. It was actually the fact that Spottedleaf first wanted to be a warrior, and only became a medicine cat because of the whole “Thistleclaw’s training in the Dark Forest he’s evil I can’t be with him” drama. In Bluestar’s Prophecy, Spottedpaw wanted to be a medicine cat so badly, but she couldn’t because there were already two. When Goosefeather retired, she was able to become Featherwhisker’s apprentice. It seems like we have so many ThunderClan medicine cats who didn’t actually want to be medicine cats. Look at Goosefeather, Yellowfang, Cinderpelt, Jayfeather, Alderheart, and now kind of Spottedleaf. I just found this too contradictory of Bluestar’s Prophecy and why can’t we just have a medicine cat who wants to be a medicine cat for once? It’s not a bad job!
    Then there’s Thistleclaw. So the Erins needed a reason to throw him into the Dark Forest, I’m fine with that. But Thistleclaw loved Snowfur so much in Bluestar’s Prophecy. And the fact that he kinda fell in love with an apprentice was kind of… strange. Like Pinestar and Leopardfoot strange, but on a whole other level. People seem to… um… not like this. I watched a video by the YouTube account Quiet Rage (there was quite a bit of language so I wouldn’t recommend the younger BlogClanners go watch it) and this person seemed… how do I put this lightly… furious. But I’m not going to start ranting about it now.
    Anyway, I was slightly disappointed by this novella.

So, that sums up my thoughts on Legends of the Clans. What do you all think about these newest novellas?

• April 24, 2017 at 11:19 pm

Goosekit/paw didnt want to be a medicine cat either, and by the time he got his full name he had accepted it and went bonkers because of all his dead buddies.

ladies & gentlemen
      we got 'em

• Silverkit (Silversong)
        April 25, 2017 at 2:46 am

Very blunt, Lily 😛

Happy mew year! 😸

• Mintkit(feather)/Mint That Grows Where Feathers Fall
        May 17, 2017 at 2:28 am

😛

When in thorns, look for roses

• Hazeltuft
      October 7, 2017 at 4:52 am

What about Leafpool? She’s always wanted to become a medicine cat.

3. April 25, 2017 at 6:47 pm

I enjoyed reading about Spottedleaf’s early days in Spottedleaf’s Heart because it painted a completely different picture of Bluestar (an annoying cat who kept sticking her nose where she wasn’t needed) and Thistleclaw (an affectionate cat who was willing to play with kits). However I was a bit puzzled at how Spottedleaf went from being an ambitious young warrior apprentice to a sweet, wise and quiet cat we know from The Prophecies Begin.

Pinestar’s Choice was also very interesting as you could slowly see Pinestar spending more and more time with the kittypet’s throughout. It shows how Warrior cat’s prejudice against kitty pets is very wrong. I also found it intriguing to see Pinestar’s view on certain scenes we’ve seen before, such as the scene seen through Bluestar’s eyes in Bluestar’s Prophecy when he leaves the Clan and also when Lionpaw finds him with the two-legs, which I believe was in Code of the Clans.

Finally Thunderstar’s Echo was much better than I expected and I loved how it revealed more about the early Clans. I found it heart-breaking when loyal, trustworthy and reliable Lightning Tail died (he is like Graystripe 2.0) and I agree with Dewpaw’s comment above about how interesting it was to see a Clan leader lose a life beside a warrior who dies, very sad plot there. Very good over all!

• Mintkit(feather)/Mint That Grows Where Feathers Fall
      May 17, 2017 at 2:29 am

Yes! I liked Spottedleaf’s Heart because it gave the characters more interesting and layered personalities, which is a part of Warriors that I really like.

When in thorns, look for roses

• Shadow of Shiny Purple iPhone
        May 17, 2017 at 4:43 am

I loved Spottedleaf’s Heart and found it to my favorite of the three novellas! It actually showed Thistleclaw as a bad cat and gave us insight into Spottedleaf!
        It also gave us some really funny videos to watch

• Jayfrost
          May 17, 2017 at 5:24 am

Yay, another person who actually likes Spottedleaf’s Heart. 😀

BlogTeam Administrator

• Jayfrost
        May 17, 2017 at 5:20 am

Finally! People who like Spottedleaf’s Heart. 😀 I was beginning to worry that I was the only one. ^^ Though I can’t agree that Thistleclaw was sweet in it, he was creepy for pursuing such a young cat (which I believe was rather the point), but I love how it handled Spottedleaf’s character. ^^

BlogTeam Administrator

• October 31, 2019 at 4:38 pm

I loved spottedleaf’s heart, people don’t dislike it, they are only saying its dark, which alot of people are ok with! I actually like this darker side of warrior cats and could be very important too for younger readers. You should make more books that go a bit darker, it’d be an intresting take on warriors.

Warrior cats and Undertale

4. April 25, 2017 at 6:53 pm

Very passionate comment there Shiver! But I think that it’s totally reasonable. Thistleclaw is now my all-time fav villain!!! Yeah!!!

5. Foolish Foxey
    April 26, 2017 at 1:54 am

While I have read none of the latest installments and have merely heard of the summaries and read them and I’ve heard them various places so I believe this isn’t unbiased as Vicky has confirmed what I’ve seen on her Facebook. Therefore, I will start my rant:

If this was directed for 15 and beyond, I would understand. If this was 13 and beyond, I’d be a little shocked, but understand. But this is rated 8+.I have seen a second grader reading these books and started reading them at fourth grade myself. Lets just say, I nor anyone in my family would be pleased to find pedophilia OR abusive relationships. Gore is kind of the limit with these types of books which is probably enough to be 10+ or for people who can tolerate stuff like this so I won’t go further. But one thing is – pedophilia as shown with Thistleclaw and Spottedleaf is not okay for children to be reading. I get people of all ages read it whether they’re 16 or 20, but elementary school kids read it too. Reading about a pedophile is way too inappropriate for them to be seeing. (I’m not directing this at Kate who I know doesn’t write the novellas but it’s just a rant to get my opinion out there). Also, besides children it’s also quite inappropriate and triggering to put that stuff there at all. Seriously? Vicky’s reasoning in her Facebook says she needed a reason to make Thistleclaw go to the Dark Forest. Dustpelt took his own niece as a mate – is he in the Dark Forest? It probably is hard to find a reason but as long as the fans think he deserves it, then why does it matter? And his character in Bluestar’s Prophecy and Spottedleaf’s Heart just don’t match up. Finally, the pedophilia has triggered certain fans who’ve been victims of pedophiles and reading this triggered memories and just hurt them. You can tell it’s not okay. It just isn’t. I feel like the plot needed more thought before that was added in and I have no idea why that was even allowed in a book that’s coverjacket says “8-12”.

Second of all, the Shattered Sky Bonus Scene really ticked me off especially at Bumblestripe. He basically pressured Dovewing into a relationship for the whole series due to his celebrity crush on her for her amazing mary-sueishness admirable senses and her going on the water patrol. But now he’s pressuring her to have his kits, to “try again”. Not only does that imply something very awkward but that is also quite abusive of him because no one, not even annoying Dovewhinewing deserves something like that. Kids should not be hearing about things like that. I know I’m being quite picky but I feel this could be toned down. I also feel like the Erins are running out of ideas which is how things like these are born. I don’t know. I’m growing out of Warriors since it’s really long and my life is devoted to Wings Of Fire now.

Finally, I know that my message was harsh and blunt and very rude but I felt I needed to get my opinion out. I’m sorry if I offended anyone… 🙁

• Ebonypaw (Ebonygaze)
      April 29, 2017 at 2:03 am

Thistleclaw is in the Dark Forest for training in the Dark Forest while knowing they were evil.

• Brightstorm (Bright Flash In Storm Cloud)
      May 3, 2017 at 8:50 am

Hello Foxey, I respect what you’re saying and it’s very well written, but I don’t agree with it. Here’s just a few points I want to say:

-To a certain extent, we need to remember that these are cats and not people, despite how anthropomorphic they are. They don’t have the same social taboos about age differences in relationships as we do.

-Thistleclaw, in my opinion, finally got a solid villain treatment that I feel he’d been missing for the entire series. Is he creepy? Yes. Is he corruptive? Yes. Does he feel his actions are justified despite them being obviously morally wrong? Yes. He finally became a flesh and blood villain to me, before he just seemed like a plot device that drove Bluestar to become leader.

-This is not the first time this level of age difference has happened in the Warriors series. Feathertail, who was a newly made warrior in Firestar’s Quest, had a romantic relationship with Crowpaw, who was just being BORN in Firestar’s Quest. Dustpelt, who had become a warrior when she was still a kit in the nursery, is obviously attracted to Fernpaw in Rising Storm despite the fact that she had only JUST left the nursery. Ashfur was fond of Squirrelpaw even as a kit, when he’d been a warrior since right after the battle with BloodClan and she wasn’t born until AFTER Firestar and Sandstorm returned from rebuilding SkyClan.

-Warriors has had some other mishaps in relationships. Lilyheart and Snowbush, Hawkwing and Pebbleshine, Breezepelt and Heathertail, and many others are 1st or 2nd cousins. Dustpelt is Ferncloud’s uncle as well as mate. Graystripe’s parents were brother and sister. Needless to say, the Erins aren’t always perfect with their family trees.

-We’ve seen villains trying to manipulate she-cats into having their kits to carry on their evil legacy. Slash did it with Violet Dawn the very first time we see them. In Crookedstar’s Promise, he sees Thistleclaw training in the Dark Forest (which would roughly be around the time of Spottedleaf’s Heart) and he mentions that he can already tell Whitestorm won’t follow in his pawsteps, so him being eager to have more kits seems like a logical thing. Tigerstar tried to manipulate all his children even from beyond the grave, and when he was still alive he made implications that he would do just that if it meant destroying Firestar.

-Thistleclaw also isn’t above preying on the weak, as we’d seen before when he basically ordered Tigerpaw to murder an innocent kit in Bluestar’s Prophecy. He sees an opportunity with Spottedpaw because she is so trusting and eager to be an asset to her Clan, and he pursues it. This again confirms him as evil, because he feels no remorse for what he’s doing, and even feels it’s justified.

-I think that this story creates a discussion even among the very youngest readers of Warriors about how abusive relationships such as these happen, which I think is something that needs to be talked about. It doesn’t always get the point across to say “Don’t let this happen to you, tell an adult.” but instead to put the lesson into context as a young person who is being approached by someone like this. Spottedleaf doesn’t do what she needs to do until the very end, but knows she should have earlier on, and that sends an important warning to readers of all ages that when something begins to not feel right, it usually ISN’T right, and they hopefully will become more cautious about overly friendly adults and what to do in such a situation.

-Warriors has always had a way of bringing difficult subjects out for discussion without things getting inappropriate for the age group these books are written for: Scourge and BloodClan are an allegory for gang mentality, the abusive treatment of its members, and the violence it creates in the community as a whole. Crowfeather, his mates, and kits, are the warring sides of a divided family who has gone through divorce with children like Breezepelt caught in the crossfire and make bad decisions from the instability. Tigerstar’s pureblood obsession and Stonefur’s murder is a very barebones explanation of genocide. Hollyleaf’s reoccurring fear of thunderstorms and fire are symptons of post traumatic stress disorder. Rusty coming to ThunderClan is an immigrant facing ridicule and trying to prove themselves as worthy of living among their neighbors. This is just another subject that they’ve chosen to create a conversation about among the readers, which I fully support.

End rant.

• Amberstorm233
        May 3, 2017 at 9:25 pm

Not to be rude, but I eant to point something out with your first point. The Erins themselves have said many times that these cats are less like cars and more like mini furry people.

• Brightstorm (Bright Flash In Storm Cloud)
          May 3, 2017 at 9:39 pm

I had never heard that be said, thank you for informing me.

• Amberstorm233
            May 4, 2017 at 1:05 pm

You’re welcome.

• Butterflypaw(flower) Who Loves Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
          May 5, 2017 at 7:09 pm

But wouldn’t that make Warriros innopropriate anyway since they lick each other…?

Yeah… I’ve never heard that before either but… There’s still major things these cats have and do that humans don’t. They just have human traits and flaws. But they have claws, paws (no fingers), can climb trees (at least some can) and have a different… Immune system… I guess… So I don’t know who said “mini furry people” but to me, that just sounds kind of weird… The cats are a little inbred and have age differences partly because of the Warrior Code too, which is bad because inbreeding is a real problem, but… The whole Thistleleaf thing didn’t go all the way through since they didn’t become mates, and if it had, there’s more things these cats have that only cats do than they have human like. They still eat raw squirrel, vole, fish, bird etc. and do other things too which make them obviously cats even if they have human traits 😛

• Butterflypaw(flower) Who Loves Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
            May 5, 2017 at 7:17 pm

I like to look at them as just cats sometimes and not like people at all because it’s kind of fun to compare them to people but then compare them to what they really are-cats. If a person kills a person, they’ll be guilty of murder, but if a cat kills a cat… It would depend on if they were wild cats or house cats or if one was wild and one was a house cat

But if Warriors really was about “mini furry people” I wouldn’t like it as much 😛

They still walk on four legs and meow/purr/hiss/growl

• Butterflypaw(flower) Who Loves Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
              May 5, 2017 at 7:24 pm

But if the whole Thisleleaf thing still happens to make some people uncomfortable then I guess it all comes down to the readers and what they think about it and the Warriors fans that want to be writers too (like me) can learn from the mistakes in Warriors. Nothing is perfect and Warriors has other mistakes too, but we can learn from them and do the best we can 🙂

• Butterflypaw(flower) Who Loves Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
                May 5, 2017 at 7:26 pm

Like what Brightstorm was saying, it can teach people that when you think something’s not right, it probably isn’t, but for the people who have already experienced stuff like that and don’t want to relive it, I understand it wouldn’t be good. So the best we can do is just see what most people think and make sure it’s okay next time 🙂

• Jayfrost
              May 5, 2017 at 9:00 pm

Uh, I’m pretty sure cats killing cats is still murder in Warriors, unless it’s self-defense or defense of others, just like for humans. Wasn’t that the entire point of the first series? 😛

BlogTeam Administrator

• Butterflypaw(flower) Who Loves Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
                May 6, 2017 at 1:05 am

Yes but in real life it’s not always. I didn’t word that right did I? 😛

• Jayfrost
                  May 6, 2017 at 4:49 am

Haha, it’s alright. ^^

BlogTeam Administrator

• Jayfrost
            May 5, 2017 at 8:59 pm

They eat like cats and aren’t as opposed to displays of affection and such as humans, but in their mannerisms, values, intelligence, and a whole lot of other ways, they are far more human than cat. Falling in love at all makes them more human than cat, and since they’re intelligent like humans, we should hold them to the same standards as humans with their moral choices. Among those is adults pursuing minors romantically. I’m pretty sure Thistleclaw’s “relationship” with Spottedpaw was meant to be read as him being creepy, and the whole point was to show in more depth how selfish Thistleclaw can be, that he doesn’t care what it will do to such a young cat to pursue a relationship with her, because he cares more about what he wants than what she wants.

BlogTeam Administrator

• Butterflypaw(flower) Who Loves Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
              May 6, 2017 at 1:08 am

That makes sense and I kind of meant to say that. They have human intelligence and human traits, but they still have cat skills and senses. I really just don’t like the idea of them being “mini furry people” because that just sounds kind of weird 😛

(And yes Thisleclaw is pretty creepy 😛)

Now that I think of it Bumblewing and Thisleleaf are a lot alike except for the age difference in Thistleleaf but both Bumblestripe and Thistleclaw are quite creepy…

• Jayfrost
                May 6, 2017 at 4:49 am

Gotcha. ^^

Yeah, I liked Bumblestripe before, but as of Shattered Sky he’s really starting to get creepy. :/

BlogTeam Administrator

• Brightstorm (Bright Flash In Storm Cloud)
                  May 6, 2017 at 9:43 am

Oh good it’s not just me that’s finding him to be straying into the creeper zone 😅

• Jayfrost
                    May 7, 2017 at 6:27 am

That conversation between him and Dovewing at the end of the book was just… creepy. He was being really pushy and just not respecting her boundaries.

BlogTeam Administrator

• Ebonypaw (Ebonygaze)
                  May 6, 2017 at 3:07 pm

Same.

WHO NEEDS A MAP?

• Ebonypaw (Ebonygaze)
        May 6, 2017 at 3:07 pm

I agree here.

WHO NEEDS A MAP?

• Mousedapple
      May 3, 2017 at 8:48 pm

I agree with Foolish Foxey entirely. I’m a victim of real-life pedophilia, and seeing the “relationship” between a full-grown warrior and a cat fresh out of the nursery is appalling. Real-life predators can use fictional characters to manipulate their victims into thinking their abuse is okay, and that’s why pedophilic, incestuous, abusive and otherwise toxic relationships are not okay to present in childrens’ media, regardless of species.

the angriest calico tabby

• Brightstorm (Bright Flash In Storm Cloud)
        May 3, 2017 at 9:35 pm

You’re very brave to be so open about your experience, Mousedapple. I’m sorry if my opinion upset you, it was not my intention to trigger anyone. I too have survived abuse of different kind than pedophila but know how painful it can be to hear/read another talking about something they know nothing about what it’s like to live with the memories of, my sincere apologies.

• Amberstorm233
        May 3, 2017 at 9:47 pm

I know you don’t know me or anything and I do apologize if I’m overstepping my boundaries, but I’m sorry that happened.

But all in all I agree. It’s hard to avoid incest in something like warriors, but other than that, I don’t think ThistlexSpotted should’ve been a thing.

6. Fireflykit

Alderheart-unwillingly

Riverclan:
    Mudfur-willingly (kind of)
    Mothwing-willingly
    Willowshine-willingly

Windclan:
    Hawkheart-unwillingly? (Suggested by the way he was a warrior before)
    Barkface-willingly
    Kestrelflight-willingly

Shadowclan:
    Yellowfang-unwillingly
    Runningnose-willingly
    Littlecloud-willingly (kind of)
    Puddleshine-UNWILLINGLY TOTALLY

• Mobile Galaxy J5 Rainy hasn't signed in (Rainpaw)
      April 29, 2017 at 4:56 am

Wow 😮
      There should be more willing MCs

• Rainpaw
      April 30, 2017 at 4:31 pm

What about the original medicine cats (such as Cloud Spots)

• Ebonypaw (Ebonygaze)
        April 30, 2017 at 6:38 pm

And Shivering Rose.

7. Snowflower
    April 30, 2017 at 4:09 am

Kate, who is Clarissa Hutton? She wrote Thunderstar’s Echo.

• Kate
      April 30, 2017 at 4:15 pm

Oh! That’s lovely! Clarissa is one of my editors. 🙂 She’s lovely. I didn’t realise she was writing for the series too. ❤️

BlogTeam Administrator, Leader

• Snowflower
        May 2, 2017 at 2:45 am

That’s great! c: I’ll admit that Pinestar’s Choice (Vicky’s final Warriors book) was my favourite, but her novella was great as well. I was so happy to find out who Thunderstar’s kits were. You don’t think you can ask her which one of his kits was the bright ginger tom, do you? I know it’s either Feather Ear or Shell Claw.

8. Lynxflame
    May 1, 2017 at 3:56 pm

Kate, would you say nothing that is now written in a book is canon?
    Like, when you ore Vicky stated something someone asked, but the thing you answered was not written in a book, it is not canon?

• Kate
      May 2, 2017 at 11:17 am

This is purely my interpretation of Warriors Law and Lore: nothing that cannot be referenced to an ISBN is not strictly canon. If an Erin said it, it’s closer to canon than if a non-Erin said it, but the books are the word. 🙂

BlogTeam Administrator, Leader

• Lynxflame
        May 4, 2017 at 8:24 am

Okay thank you!
        I wish the wiki would only take in the book cites and put the things you confirmed outside the books into an extra section, it is so confusing there are cats created and suddenly deleted again, I don’t know anymore who is who and who is real and who is just fiction!

• lazy unsigned stoatkit
          May 6, 2017 at 1:38 am

Some cats got created, then deleted, because Su Susann’s missing kits projects were “canon” for a while, but then confirmed not-canon, and taken down. From what I’ve heard about the Wiki, they’re strict about layout and stuff, and non-canon things aren’t allowed, thus, the cats by Su were taken down.
          And I agree with Kate; not in a book, not canon, unfortunately. Su and the Wiki worked hard on the new characters.

• Brightstorm (Bright Flash In Storm Cloud)
            May 6, 2017 at 1:48 am

Does anyone know why they were suddenly confirmed as non-canon?

• May 6, 2017 at 1:53 am

Here’s the link to the FB post where Vicky confirms them non-canon:

*raises head above ruined parapet, adjusts hard hat* Is it safe for me to come out now? Wow. In my head, I've written…

Posted by Vicky Holmes: 1/3 of the Erin Hunters! on Monday, 24 April 2017

{Unfortunately, after this, Su got lots of hate 🙁
              Su, if you’re reading this, I’m really sorry about what happened.}

this is a siggy

• Amberstorm233
                May 6, 2017 at 2:27 am

Sorry to interject, but that made me mad. I understand not being a fan of missing kits, I wasn’t. But it wasn’t her fault Vicky said they weren’t canon. I find it rediclous that a bunch of fans banded together and block her. That was just so childish and immature.

• Brightstorm (Bright Flash In Storm Cloud)
                May 6, 2017 at 8:37 am

I mean I thought they were just her OC’s that the wikia had adopted to kinda just fill in the blanks but never confirmed them 100% canon. That’s awful they did that to Su. The wikia is weird rn, Lionheart had all his children removed and is no longer Frostfur’s mate?

• Ebonypaw (Ebonygaze)
                  May 6, 2017 at 3:10 pm

Agreed. The wiki makes me angry.

WHO NEEDS A MAP?

• Jayfrost
                  May 7, 2017 at 6:20 am

Those cites are being removed because they were from the Missing Kits series, which has just been confirmed to be non-canon. The wiki can’t keep anything that’s non-canon.

BlogTeam Administrator

• Ebonypaw (Ebonygaze)
                  May 16, 2017 at 2:50 am

I think Su Susann’s OCs should still be on the wiki. There could be a tag saying they’re non canon and are characters of Su Susann. The fact that Vicky approves of the Missing Kits project is why I think they should stay there.

• Jayfrost
                    May 16, 2017 at 3:50 am

Vicky declared them definitively non-canon. The wiki has a strict policy against including anything non-canon. Its purpose is to provide canon information about Warriors to anyone who would want it – allowing non-canon information would contradict that.

BlogTeam Administrator

• October 31, 2019 at 4:47 pm

Whats the missing kits project?

Warrior cats and Undertale

9. Snowyfoot
    May 6, 2017 at 12:16 am

I hate the thought of SpottedxThistle. I mean he loved Snowfur and he was pretty much hitting on a kit! His son was almost a full grown warrior and her NSA her faith in StarClan to make everyday visions seem like signs

I"M MELTING IT'S SUMMER!!!!!!!

• Sunsong
      May 8, 2017 at 8:15 pm

I’d like to disagree that he loved Snowfur. As he never really showed that he did, not here or in BP or in CP, and he calls her weak and soft in Crookedstar’s promise in the context that the strong are the best. I think he was just using her to get what he wanted, a kit to follow in his paw steps, and when he doesn’t get that, as Whitestorm is a good cat, he moves on to someone he thinks he can manipulate. Kinda like Tigerstar did, he didn’t love Goldenflower or Sasha, to him it was to get what he wanted and a fling and he uses his children. Thistleclaw is a huge predator, (kinda creepy to see in a book kids read but I believe that it can be used to teach kids if the parents choose too, as he is blatantly a villain), and we now have a good reason for him to go to the DF.

• Waffles
        May 8, 2017 at 8:35 pm

Well, he definetely did show his feelings for Snowfur in BP. 🙂 And Tigerstar and Goldenflower did love eachother (source: WWiki)

Christmas. That’s my siggie.

• Sunsong
          May 8, 2017 at 9:48 pm

Goldenflower loved him, but he didn’t love her. (WWiki, his page “A Daisy and Toadstep kinda relationship” aka more or less a one-night stand.)

And Affrection=/= love. He showed her affection but behind her back, as we know from the dark forest, he considered her soft and weak. Maybe because I’m been cynical to love for most of my life, due to generations of similar events happening. People like Thistleclaw don’t truly love people, they use them. So I see him using Snowfur, then using Spottedpaw to be completely in character.

• Jayfrost
          May 9, 2017 at 7:39 am

The wiki says that Goldenflower loved him (which I personally headcanon that she didn’t, but that’s just me), but that Tigerstar probably didn’t love her.

BlogTeam Administrator

• Quietstorm
            May 17, 2017 at 1:17 am

I think that Thistleclaw did love Snowfur, it was pretty obvious in BP, (maybe when he called her weak that was his way of greiving. it sounds weird, but just think about it) but Im guessing having a kit to follow in his pawsteps was at least a big motivator in their relationship nevertheless. He moved on to young, impressionable Spottedpaw to help acheive that when it looked like Whitestorm was good at heart.

10. Frostflower
    May 6, 2017 at 9:36 pm

Eek I finally got the book 😀 😀

• Waffles
      May 8, 2017 at 8:35 pm

Yay! Tell us what you think when You’re Done reading it! 😀

Christmas. That’s my siggie.

11. Bluebellkit
    May 10, 2017 at 8:14 pm

Kate sorry to bother ya but since Honey Pelt and Blue Whisker both had foster fathers those Skystar and Thunderstar who do you think fostered Spider Paw and Bubbling Stream

• Flashtail
      May 17, 2017 at 2:17 am

I believe that Milkweed fostered Bubbling Stream.

Meh

• Snowflower
        May 19, 2017 at 4:55 am

Yes, but Thunderstar’s Echo states that Blue Whisker is Thunderstar’s foster daughter.

12. Jayfrost
    May 17, 2017 at 1:19 am

I think he loved her, but not enough to ignore his own ambitions. I don’t think it was his way of grieving, I think that’s just the sort of cat he is, that he loved Snowfur but he looked down on any cat who wasn’t willing to fight to get what they wanted and kill in the name of their Clan. I dunno. 😛

BlogTeam Administrator

13. Ravenclaw
    May 17, 2017 at 3:31 am

what happened to Blue Whisker’s kits from the manga at the end of Moth Flight’s Vision? It stated she had three kits but in Thunderstar’s Echo it doesn’t say anything about her kits and only shows Milkweed’s third litter. Kate can you get clarification for this please and thank you.

• Snowflower
      May 19, 2017 at 4:56 am

That scene from the manga happened a little bit farther into the future.

• Ravenclaw
        May 20, 2017 at 3:26 am

oh okay thank you for clearing this up for me.