Building up a Character- Squirrelflight by Morningwillow

Morningwillow talks about Squirreflight and her personality.Β

Squirrelflight has always been a character I have had mixed feelings with. When we are first shown her as a main character is when she is introduced in the first book of the new prophecy series. If you asked most people what they thought of Squirrelpaw, most would say she was annoying, stupid, arrogant even. I am one of these people. I love Squirrelflight, but not Squirrelpaw. Many fans say their favorite of the two Firestar daughters, Leafpaw and Squirrelpaw, is Leafpaw, and it makes sense. Leafpaw is a shy young cat who loves caring for cats she loves. Even the Ultimate Guide it says at a young age Leafpaw cared about her clan and had a deep desire to help them in times of need. On the other hand we have Squirrelpaw, a spoiled princess who gets whatever she wants. She was the prime example of that one kid you don’t want to watch, but you are forced to because your family thought it could bring some ‘maturity’ into you. The sad part is this kind of does a flip flop. Squirrelpaw goes to Squirrelflight, a mature young she-cat who isn’t scared in the face of danger, but knows when to back off. Then we go from Leafpaw to Leafpool, a scared she-cat was extremely foolish and then went and gave up her possessions willingly. I don’t think Leafpool matured much at all, went back more even. I grew to like Squirrelflight and began to grow a dislike of Leafpool. I think the Erins did an amazing job with bringing up Squirrelflight. I hope they can bring her the same way in ‘A Vision of Shadows’.

And that’s my first Entry of ‘Sharing Tongues’. I hope to make this a constant thing on the sight, with good feed back. I will be working under the name Morningwillow, as a new character to see. I hope you guys liked it, and let me hear some feedback!

17 Replies to “Building up a Character- Squirrelflight by Morningwillow”

1. Mintkit(feather) Is An Amazing Magical Unicorn
    April 19, 2017 at 1:26 pm

This was a very good article! One of my favorite parts of Warriors is seeing the characters develop, and this is a great example of it. I look forwards to the other entries in “Sharing Tongues”.

When in thorns, look for roses

• Mintkit(feather) Is An Amazing Magical Unicorn
      April 19, 2017 at 1:33 pm

Ooh, fast mod!

When in thorns, look for roses

• April 19, 2017 at 2:53 pm

Here we spot a rare sighting- a Shiv in it’s natural habitat.

2. Silverpaw/tooth
    April 19, 2017 at 2:48 pm

Nice!

3. Kindheart
    April 19, 2017 at 2:51 pm

great job!

4. Owlfeather
    April 19, 2017 at 3:29 pm

like article!!!! i also thought that Squirrelpaw was a brat!

andy's coming!!

5. April 19, 2017 at 3:55 pm

Nice article! πŸ˜€ I, personally, always liked Squirrelflight/paw.

6.022 x 10^23

6. Embix
    April 19, 2017 at 8:39 pm

Great article, Morningwillow, and I can’t wait to see more from “Sharing Tongues”!

Embix: writer, photographer

7. moonshadow
    April 19, 2017 at 10:07 pm

Nice article!!! I’m overjoyed to see more of ‘Sharing Tounges’ Morningwillow!!!

moonshadow :3

8. Sapphie is to lazy to log in (Sapphireheart)
    April 19, 2017 at 10:26 pm

Nice article!

9. Cherrybird
    April 20, 2017 at 3:49 am

I extremely agree and hold your opinion high. This is exactly why I admire Squirrelflight and am happy to call her my favorite character. Thank you for posting this article; it was very much a pleasure to read.

-- Cherrybird, RiverClan

10. Russetflame
    April 20, 2017 at 8:17 am

Interesting article! I actually prefer Squirrelpaw to Squirrelflight because of how much energy she had, but I really didn’t like her Power of Three onwards. I’m not sure if I’m a huge fan of her being deputy either (I haven’t read Shattered Sky yet so I don’t know if she’s currently deputy) because I don’t think she really does much? Or maybe that’s just me missing things πŸ˜›

11. Wolfheart
    April 20, 2017 at 3:57 pm

I love her too, she is happy almost all the time, she is better than leafpool

12. bush turned in to tree[ bushytree]
    April 21, 2017 at 4:56 am

She is my fav cat i can relate to her growing up i was really annoying and not a lot of people liked me but now that i’m older i have matured and have that kid felling though. I always loved her and bramble better then her and ash. lets start a hastag #Squirrelfam I also love her name because i do not think there is another Squirrel prefix

13. April 25, 2017 at 5:30 pm

Yeah, I completely agree with your opinions of Squirrelflight Morningwillow (great name btw): when she was an apprentice, I found her SO AGGRAVATING! Sorry, I have a thing with characters in books that annoy me… But when she grew up, she has a kind of proud and loyal attitude which is amazing. Love the article Morningwillow and I look forward to seeing some more! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€