Why Hollyleaf and Ashfur are good cats. *Spoilers* by Softpaw

Artwork by Stripeh

Softpaw explains why they believe certain cats are misunderstood.

Well, first off Hollyleaf is just misunderstood. All she ever wanted was to be a good loyal and maybe popular warrior. She didn’t want to be a cat nobody pays attention to, she wanted to be Firestar’s right-hand feline. No one can blame her for that. So she wanted to be a medicine cat. Vital to the clan. She found she hated the scent of blood and shuddered at the thought of seeing bone. Eventually, she became a normal warrior or so she thought and was one of the most talented cats alive. She found out Leafpool was her mother and (oops, forgot to say she was the most loyal cat ever when it comes to the warrior code.) flipped out. Her life was ruined. She felt as if her life was a mistake. Her mother broke the code, then another even though that was later. I think. Life was living agony when she knew somebody would tell the story in the worst way possible. She couldn’t be kicked out of the clan just yet. The clan was literally her life. The only way to stop Ashfur from doing this to her was to kill him. And she did that. People were rather surprised by this (not cats. They didn’t know.) and were even more surprised when Hollyleaf told the truth to the gathering then fled. People think Hollyleaf is bad for this but don’t realize she acted out of fear. Fear of her burden becoming too much, fear of what cats would whisper about her. Hollyleaf is not a bad character simply misunderstood.

Ashfur.
People hate him for no good reason. He was driven half crazy by love and hid it well but when the time came, he was absolutely craycray. All he wanted was Squirellflight and to be a loyal warrior. Not much to ask but without SquRrelflight he couldn’t be happy and slowly got killed by misery and spent days plotting how to revenge against squirrelflight.. He is now internationally hated for loving too hard. Not fair peeps. This thus concludes my article.

Fan Articles

Notify of
Emberpaw/storm
Emberpaw/storm
May 8, 2017 4:50 pm

Why did he like squirrelflight in the first place……..

Shiverfur
Shiverfur
May 8, 2017 5:13 pm
Reply to  Emberpaw/storm

Why does anyone like anyone? 😛

the poor gUYs head is spinning

Mint and Feathers Scattered Amid Autumn Leaves/Mint in Cranberry Sauce/Mintpaw(feather)
May 9, 2017 2:02 am
Reply to  Shiverfur

oh my goodness

that got me thinking

why do people like other people

my life is turning on its head

i’m going to pretend i never saw this

When in thorns, look for roses

Black cat that's Arching over the Moon (Archpaw) h
Black cat that's Arching over the Moon (Archpaw) h
March 4, 2020 9:06 pm
Reply to  Shiverfur

That is a very good question

*Does the monster mash*

February 6, 2020 8:04 am
Reply to  Emberpaw/storm

yes, he did though?

🌈owlfeather-owly🌈
🌈owlfeather-owly🌈
May 9, 2017 1:25 am

great article!!! i personally HATE ashfur. but i absolutely agree with you on hollyleaf!!!
LOVE HOLLYLEAF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats not very plus ultra of u

Shadow Star /Blossomfrost
Shadow Star /Blossomfrost
January 15, 2020 6:00 pm

Me too. I share your mind in this point!

Angelathekittydoglikeswarriors
Angelathekittydoglikeswarriors
February 6, 2020 8:05 am

other way round for me I HATE hollyleaf but like Ashfur ( dont @ me)

SassyWolf612
SassyWolf612
March 27, 2020 9:48 pm

Pls, love Ash… Poor thing. He is don’t a pyscho, because he KILLED NOTHING! [redacted] Please, love AshFur… Im dramatic yes, but…: Im almost crying because all hate this poor cat…
>3 AshFur ( Im brasilian, so sorry by grammar XD )

Embers of an Autumn Dawn (Emberdawn)
Embers of an Autumn Dawn (Emberdawn)
March 27, 2020 9:56 pm
Reply to  SassyWolf612

Please do not swear or use mature language on the blog. I have edited your comment to remove some very inflammatory and possibly offensive phrases since children visit this site very often. Please keep this in mind for future comments ^^

Moderator, BlogClan's Deputy

Sorry, bye Warriors!
Sorry, bye Warriors!
March 27, 2020 10:07 pm

Okay!But is what i fell much bad by AshFur… Poor cat… Now, sorry. I go stop with Warriors and hate because of:
1-BrambleStar
2-HollyLeaf
3-SquirrelFlight
4-FireStar
5-DoveWing
Just this!

Silverpaw
Silverpaw
May 10, 2017 3:38 pm

‘Loving too much’ should never be an excuse for attempting murder. If your ex tried to kill your family members, you’d think what they did was wrong, correct? That’s exactly what Ashfur is doing. He attempted to kill cats not even involved in the situation really, innocent cats, because someone they loved didn’t want to engage in a romantic relationship with him.

He didn’t need Squirrelflight. She wasn’t his object or his toy. He chose to not move on, and to let his hatred and bitterness grow. If he’d been passive aggressive or something, I wouldn’t dislike him. Yeah, his heart was broken. He got dumped, rejected, friendzoned, whatever you want to call it. I wouldn’t blame him for ignoring her, choosing not to be her friend anymore, maybe being a little jerky. That’s understandable. He was hurt. He felt used. (just to clarify, she didn’t use him, she has the right to decide who she wants to spend her life with) Moping around is something I can get. But attempting to kill innocent cats is not okay. They had nothing to do with the situation. Even if he had tried to kill Squirrelflight or Brambleclaw, it wouldn’t have been okay.

Trying to kill cats because he’s obsessed with his ex is not justifiable. It’s just sick. He felt no remorse. He actually tried again several, several moons after his first attempt. “Oh, but he didn’t kill them, he’s chill! ^^” Yeah, but he only didn’t kill them because he found a way to make them suffer. That’s just evil.

Hollyleaf is great. She actually felt guilty about what she did. She did everything possible to make up for it, and really did earn her place in StarClan.

Ashfall
Ashfall
June 12, 2017 12:11 am

My reasoning behind Ashfur lashing out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwXV090VcvE
Besides. BRAMBLECLAW WAS A JERK! Everybody thinks of him badly because of ONE scene. I don’t see people hating on Scourge that much for being an idiot. SCOURGE! And everyone blames Thistleclaw for influencing Tigerclaw! Thistleclaw was a zounderkite but he wasn’t THAT evil! And if you’re going to blame Thistleclaw, LOOK AT RAVENPAW!

Jayfrost
Jayfrost
June 12, 2017 2:29 am
Reply to  Ashfall

One scene? He tried to murder four innocent cats because a girl broke up with him, and he felt so entitled to her love that he felt justified in trying to punish her for not wanting to be in a relationship with him when she wasn’t in love with him anymore. Of course I’m going to think badly of him because of that.

BlogTeam Administrator

Raggedshadow
Quietstream is closing up
March 27, 2020 10:12 pm
Reply to  Jayfrost

AGREED 100%

Sky
Sky
July 16, 2017 5:58 pm

Ashfur does not deserve love. He was a murderer who had everything brushed aside. I would gladly murder him.

Angelathekittydoglikeswarriors
Angelathekittydoglikeswarriors
February 6, 2020 8:06 am
Reply to  Sky

i disagree

Falconpaw
Falconpaw
October 23, 2017 2:44 am

when people make articles about ashfur notice they forget about the part where he tried to KILL HIS CLAN LEADER!!!

from the great white north

Shadow Star /Blossomfrost
Shadow Star /Blossomfrost
January 15, 2020 5:58 pm

Thats True. I love Hollyleaf 😻i Had cried when she dies . I do Not like Ashfur. But you are right.

Black cat that's Arching over the Moon (Archpaw) h
Black cat that's Arching over the Moon (Archpaw) h
March 4, 2020 9:08 pm

I don’t know who to like. BUT……………………me like both. I CAN’T PICK!!!

*Does the monster mash*

Turtle LOVES “Work This Body.” (Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢)
Turtle LOVES “Work This Body.” (Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢)
July 17, 2020 8:19 pm

I LOVE HOLLYLEAF. She is AWESOME. I HATE ASHFUR. He’s a creepy-stalker-jerk-fox-heart, and that’s putting it nicely.
Could Never Be

Someone you don't know
Someone you don't know
October 6, 2020 8:38 pm

I agree that Hollyleaf is good, but Ashfur? Not so much. Being in love doesn’t justify murder in any way, and if Squirrelflight was like, “oh, your sad? Ok, I’ll be your mate just because your sad,” she would be living her life being with a cat she didn’t even like.

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch