My 5 favorite and least favorite warrior cats by Owlheart

Artwork by Demidee96

Owlheart shares their least favorite and favorite characters in the Warriors universe.

So as you can guess this is going to be about my 5 favorite and least favorite characters in the Warriors cats series. *SPOILERS for HJ and TaS*
Let’s start with my least favorite.

5. Dovewing: if you like Dovewing then I’m, but I hate her. I found her annoying, and all she ever did was complain about her powers while her sister was risking her life. And then when her powers disappeared she acted as if It was the end of the world, while Jayfeather and Lionblaze were managing just fine.
4. Berrynose: okay so he was always really annoying except when he was a kit. He was a stuck up tom who right after Honeyfern died became mates with her sister. And he was such a mouse brain! There are so many things I can’t even… I just hate him.
3. Breezepelt: I know there’s a lot of people who like Breezepelt, or blame his parents, but I also know that there are a lot of people like me who hate him. I agree he had awful parents, but so did Tallstar and Crookedstar, and they didn’t try to kill their half-brother. Anyone who tries to kill my favorite character deserves to be on this list. Plus he was a jerk.
2. Onestar: I can’t even begin to describe my feelings about him. I thought he was a great character in till he became leader. Then he became one of the biggest jerks ever. Any little piece of respect I had for him disappeared in TaS when he refused to give ShadowClan the herb they desperately needed.
1. Spottedleaf: *eye twitches * I hate her so much….. She fell in love with a cat who was probably half her age. Then when she died she stalked him in his dreams. I mean seriously you never could’ve been together anyway so why can’t you just leave him alone? And she was such a mary sue! I’m serious did she have any flaws at all?!?

Not so honorable mentions
Hawkheart
Tigerheart
Hawkfrost
Daisy
Millie
Palebird
Rainflower
Sandgorse
Crowfeather
Darkstar
Frecklewish (ThunderClan)
Appledusk
Ravenwing

Now that that’s over let’s move on to my favorites.

5. Hawkwing: I felt while reading HJ that you could really connect to Hawkwing, and it made both his character and the story so much better. He went through so much in his life including loosing his home and most of his family. Yet he found a way to keep going even after all he’d been through, and didn’t stop helping and caring for his Clan.
4. Mapleshade: she was in my opinion seriously misunderstood. All she did was love, yet she and her kits where driven from their Clan, and when they had to try to cross the river to protect her kits they drowned. Then their father Appledusk wrongly blamed her for their deaths, and she wasn’t even aloud to sit vigil for them. I feel like a lot of people think she’s all evil without really realizing what she went through.
3. Bluestar: I always liked Bluestar, but after reading BP I loved her even more. I can’t believe Hawkheart killed Moonflower like that especially in front of her kits, that’s just cruel. Bluestar suffered so much to protect her Clan and lost so many that were close to her.
2. Yellowfang: from the minute I first read about Yellowfang in Into the Wild I loved her. I never really realized how much she sacrificed when she became a medicine cat in till I read YS. She had to give up the cat she loved because of her powers and watched as her son grew up to be a killer.
1. Jayfeather: if you know me you know how much I love Jayfeather. I love his personality, and his determination to not be held back by his blindness. I thought in VoS he made a great mentor to Alderheart and I really like him.

Honorable mentions
Crookedstar
Half Moon
Pebble Heart
Pebbleshine
Scourge
Tall Shadow
Duskpaw
Puddleshine
Oakheart

I hope you enjoyed this!

12 Replies to “My 5 favorite and least favorite warrior cats by Owlheart”

1. Lightingpaw/strike/star
    May 20, 2017 at 3:22 pm

Cool can’t choose a fave

2. Shadow of Shiny Purple iPhone
    May 20, 2017 at 3:49 pm

The reasoning for which characters were your favorite and which weren’t is really solid. I can understand completely why you like or don’t like a character even if I disagree with you.
    For some strange reason, I like Breezepelt and Onestar because they make me really mad.
    I also really like Hawkheart, because yes, he was pretty harsh and grumpy, but the only really bad thing he did was kill Moonflower. And that wasn’t without reason. He was a warrior-turned-medicine cat who saw his herb store, the herbs that his whole Clan relies on to stay healthy and alive being destroyed by ThunderClan cats. Think about it. Goosefeather asked ThunderClan to do something along the lines of a genocide and ThunderClan complied. Hawkheart is furious that these cats were trying to make his Clan extremely weak by not giving the cats any way to heal. And through WindClan’s eyes, the attack wasn’t even justified! They hadn’t done anything to ThunderClan but they stormed into their camp with no warning and attacked. So, of course Hawkheart wants to show these cats that they can’t try to fatally hurt his Clan like that, especially with no reason! He got carried away with attacking Moonflower, because all he saw were cats that were trying to harm his Clan so horribly that they wouldn’t be able to heal. He wasn’t going to notice that this cat’s kits were there! He had to show this cat that she couldn’t hurt his Clan like that. Yes, he shouldn’t of killed Moonflower, but killing her was more justified than Moonflower and the rest of ThunderClan trying to attack WindClan and destroy their herbs!
    Also, Hawkheart was really kind to Yellowfang in Yellowfang’s Secret. He comforted her about choosing to take the path of a medicine cat after being a warrior multiple times. Hawkheart was a good cat.

But still, this is a phenomenal article!

Shadow≠Evil

• Shadow of Shiny Purple iPhone
      May 20, 2017 at 3:53 pm

Wait… what? My comment just went back into moderation…

Shadow≠Evil

• Prowlclaw
        May 21, 2017 at 6:25 pm

But taunting them afterward is just stupid. Killing a cat is against the warrior code, and Hawkheart of all people should know that. Also, all of thunder clan complied because Goosefeather was a medicine cat, not just a random thunder clan warrior.

3. May 20, 2017 at 5:48 pm

I agree with this article 100%

I really hate Dovewing and Tigerheart

Except Jayfeather isn’t exactly #1 on my list

Beauty is beauty ME 美

4. Owlfeather
    May 20, 2017 at 6:53 pm

i agree with you!!! except dovewing, spottedleaf, and Millie. LOVE JAYFEATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

triple deker eggo extravaganza

5. Willowy-Willyow (Willowpaw/step)
    May 20, 2017 at 10:26 pm

I almost agree completely with you. 🙂

6. Butterflypaw(flower) Who Loves Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
    May 21, 2017 at 12:43 am

I don’t really have any least favorites but my favorites would look something like this…
    10. Mapleshade

Graystripe
    Needletail
    Onestar
    Cloudtail
    Rowanstar
    Puddleshine

The list could go on forever XD

7. Embertsar (Emberdawn)
    May 24, 2017 at 8:51 pm

Nice list, Owlheart! Personally, I’ve always liked Dovewing since the first time I read about her way back when 😛

Moderator, BlogClan's Deputy

8. Foxtail
    July 19, 2017 at 6:19 pm

I agree with most of you, Owlheart! I don’t like Onestar, Breezepelt, or Spottedleaf either. And I actually don’t know much about Hawkheart so…..but anyway Spottedleaf is way to old for Fireheart! Onestar became a jerk when he became leader. Beeezepelt…….he’s just very insecure I’d say. And Dovewing….idk I have no opinion on her really. I don’t love or her hate her. She’s just not any list for me. My 5 fav cats are: Firestar, Cinderpelt, Squirrelflight, Hollyleaf and Jayfeather (adds Mothwing). I also like Mapleshade too.

9. Graystipe

Hawkfrost
    Tigerstar
    Ravenpaw
    Purdy
    Ivypool
    Ahh so many!!

Don’t eat my cookies! Grrr!