How Do Warriors Get To StarClan? by Stoatkit

Artwork by Falconstreaker

StoatkitΒ discussesΒ the logistics of traveling to StarClan.

Hello! I’m Stoatkit, presenting today’s article about a question you might have: “How do cats go to StarClan?”
StarClan plays a huge role in the series. They deliver prophecies, they keep the peace at Gatherings, they picked the original four cats to travel for the Journey to Midnight, and so much more. But how do the dead get there?
—Spoiler Alert!—
One way is being guided by a friend on the journey from the mortal world to StarClan’s domain. As seen in the Tallstar’s Revenge bonus manga, as Tallstar dies, Jake guides him to StarClan. Jake even says, “I can’t stay with you, but I’ll see you safely to StarClan.” To add to that, Dustpelt is greeted by Ferncloud and his deceased children when he is killed by badgers in Bramblestar’s Storm.
Also, in some book, I don’t remember the title of, ancient “sky paths” are mentioned to have been traveled by StarClan as they journeyed to the Lake with their living counterparts. This is just a theory I have, but I believe that perhaps that a cat walks a series of sky paths to reach StarClan.
Finally, another theory I have is that cats close their eyes and wake up in StarClan, like leaders when they lose lives, except that leaders might be able to come back, but not the dead.
However, as seen in Omen of the Stars during the battle against the Dark Forest, StarClan can return to the mortal world and even fade there. And of course, as seen with Cinderpelt and the Three, cats can be reincarnated.
As the Warriors series continues, we’ll probably discover more ways to get to StarClan. Please note, I haven’t read every side story, super edition, novella, manga, and field guide, so if I missed something, feel free to let me know. Also, I’ve read few of the missing characters Facebook projects by Su Susann and Vicky, so if any key information is there, feel free to tell me. Also, I’ve only read up to the Blazing Star in Dawn of the Clans. What are your theories about this? Have any of my theories and your theories been confirmed? Comment away! Thanks for reading! I am Stoatkit, and I’ll see you around BlogClan!

22 Replies to “How Do Warriors Get To StarClan? by Stoatkit”

1. Mintkit(feather)/Mint That Grows Where Feathers Fall
    May 24, 2017 at 12:46 pm

Hmm, interesting! I always assumed that a StarClan cat’s spirit led the dead cat’s spirit to StarClan. But what about the Dark Forest?

When in thorns, look for roses

• May 24, 2017 at 9:54 pm

Thanks! πŸ˜€
      I did too, but then I did some researching πŸ™‚
      I’d say it’s similar to StarClan, but I can’t be sure.

this is a siggy

• Sky
      May 25, 2017 at 11:01 pm

When Mapleshade and Darkstripe went to the Dark Forest, they basically just woke up there. I assume that the Dark Forest is too cold to lead anyone up there and most relatives are in StarClan. We don’t see many families that are in the Dark Forest together…….
      The only cats with relationships in the Dark Forest that I’ve seen so far are Thistleclaw and Tigerstar(mentor and apprentice) and Tigerstar and Hawkfrost(father and son)

2. Silvertail, queen of puns in general
    May 24, 2017 at 1:10 pm

Very nice article!
    I’ve honestly never really thought of how cats got to StarClan. I just assumed that they were taken to it.
    But this article makes me really think about it. πŸ˜€

Don't let your MEMES be DREAMS

3. Sleetfall
    May 24, 2017 at 1:36 pm

How do cats get to the dark forest?

4. Embertsar (Emberdawn)
    May 24, 2017 at 9:06 pm

Nice theory, Stoatie! I’ve always thought that another cat that was close to the dying/dead cat (whether it be a mate, parent, sibling or mentor) would come down to guide their spirit and then just climb up into the stars πŸ˜›

Moderator, BlogClan's Deputy

5. Emberpaw
    May 24, 2017 at 10:03 pm

WAIT dustpelt diesπŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ˜ΏπŸ˜ΏπŸ˜ΏπŸ˜ΏπŸ˜ΏπŸ˜ΏπŸ˜ΏπŸ˜Ώ I need to read books all over again

6. Shadow of Shiny Purple iPhone
    May 24, 2017 at 11:12 pm

Hmm! Interesting article Stoatie!
    I think it’s safe to say that a StarClan cat that has a connection to the newest StarClan member leads them to StarClan, as seen with Tallstar and Jake, and Snowfur and Mosskit.
    But then, in Thunderstar’s Echo Lightning Tail and Thunderstar woke up in StarClan. Maybe because they had each other to travel with, or because StarClan wasn’t as developed then so they didn’t lead Cats their?
    Also, when Mapleshade died it was seen that she went straight to the Dark Forest so I believe that cats who go to the Dark Forest just wake up there. And I agree, there might be more than one way that cats get to StarClan.

• Sky
      May 25, 2017 at 10:58 pm

Yeah

7. May 24, 2017 at 11:34 pm

Nice article!
    I usually just thought that a cat who the dead one thought of frequently, or missed the most, would come down to them, kind of like them saying “good job! You’ve lived your life! You’ve gone through hardships and troubles! Your heart has ached because of your loss of me and of others. Well, Starclan is not a place for aching hearts! See, I’m here with you, and I love you, and I am glad you have joined us so we can be together always.”
    That’s what I always thought of it as. It could be with many cats, like in Crookedstar’s promise, or one cat, like when Tallstar died. It all depends on the cat who is dying, I should think.
    I think they would go to Starclan anyways, if they don’t go to the dark forest. They just kind of go there automatically, but the cats who greet them are there because they love the dying one, and want to be the first to welcome them to starclan. and they meet them on the journey up, for some personal time. Would you rather walk into a room and be greeted by total strangers, mixed in with people you haven’t seen for 3-4 years, or would you rather see the people you haven’t seen for quite a while, so that you could have a personal and meaningful reunion?
    That’s just my thoughts

~Even Dusk Will Fade

• May 24, 2017 at 11:41 pm

woah hellow mod how are you

~Even Dusk Will Fade

• Embertsar (Emberdawn)
        May 24, 2017 at 11:46 pm

Doing great, thanks πŸ˜›

Moderator, BlogClan's Deputy

• May 24, 2017 at 11:51 pm

That’s nice! How’s the comments looking? Boring?
          Question: do you actually go through and read every single one even fanfics and long game entries, rants, and posts? Or do you more skim?
          More Question: Is it hard?

~Even Dusk Will Fade

• Embertsar (Emberdawn)
            May 25, 2017 at 2:50 am

Mostly pretty fun! I normally skim the comments (sometimes there’s just so many that I can’t read through the whole fanfic or that I don’t have the time at the moment).

Generally, I’m not too concerned about fanfics or the game entries, since they know the rules and normally stay within them. If something does slip by, other BlogClanners can catch it and let us mods know ^^

And no, it’s not hard πŸ˜› You literally just go to the comment and press the approve button and tada comment is modded

Moderator, BlogClan's Deputy

8. Mossfluff πŸƒ
    May 25, 2017 at 1:06 am

I wonder if the “sky paths” show the deceased cat events from their live as they travel along it… that would be cool 😝

9. Breeze that Glides Through Summer
    May 25, 2017 at 1:33 am

Wow, this is a very creative idea! Nice article! πŸ˜€

10. Owlfeather
    May 25, 2017 at 2:01 am

nice!!! i never thought about how warriors went to starclan. great article!!!!!!

Where are the avocados?

11. May 26, 2017 at 2:12 am

Thanks for the nice comments, everyone! I like your theories too πŸ™‚

this is a siggy

12. May 27, 2017 at 7:28 am

In some book I think in the fourth series, Flametail is drowned and then shows up in the Dark Forest, saying he was ‘trying to find StarClan’ or something like that. So not every cat is guided there I think. Amazing article Stoatkit!

Be you, everyone else is taken

13. June 7, 2017 at 12:00 am