Should they be in the Dark Forest? by Otternose

Otternose shares and explains why they think some cats should be in the Dark Forest

Artist unknown (Source: Warriors Cats Dark Forest Wiki)

Otternose here, again, and today I thought I would talk about some cats who should be in the Dark Forest, but they aren’t. I think i have found good reasoning to all of these cats, and why they should be in the Dark Forest, but if some of the information is incorrect, please, correct me in the comments.

Leopardstar.
Now, my reasoning for Leopardstar being in the Dark Forest is because she was an all out terrible leader.
During the battle of Bloodclan, she was willing to give up her clan to the evil anarchy of Tigerstar. Why would she do this? Leopardstar knew that Tigerstar will evil, didn’t she?
I believe she did know, but why would she give her clan up to TigerClan? For love. “But a Leopardstar hates half can cats”. She does, but, Tigerstar easily manipulated her into letting him rule her clan, but not only that, but during Bramblestars storm, she took the lake for herself and her clan, which she knew good and well that it wasn’t RiverClans land.

Firestar
What!? Firestar? Nooooo! Yeah, no. Firestar should not have been allowed in StarClan, he was a prophecy cat, but he also broke the code a record number of times, feeding RiverClam, helping YellowFang, allowing Leafpool to return to her rank as medicine cat, just because she was his daughter, but not to mention (hahaha I already mentioned this but oh well) He broke the code around ten times…. which is insane! Not only did he do the examples above, but he doesn’t know how to mind his own business, always trying to make things better when most the time he makes things worse… disgusting cat he is, disgusting cat he is indeed…

Mudclaw
Okay, should I really have to debate over him? He tried to take leadership for himself even after Tallstar removed his deputy name, okay, I admit, I do think it was a bit unfair that Onestar became leader, and Mudclaw started a battle, too. !Almost! nothing good came out of this cat,

Ashfur
Alrighty, same thing does with Mudclaw, do I even have to debate? He attempted murder on four cats, that’s enough to get into the Dark Forest alone, but noooo, StarClan had to give second chances.

Blackstar
Just because Blackstar was a leader, does not mean that he should be welcomed into the land of stars. He wasn’t a follower of Brokenstar, that itself should get you into the Dark Forest, not only that, but the only reason why he got back into ShadowClan was because of Tigerstar, another evil ruler he followed. So yeah… besides, even as a leader he wasn’t the best cat.

Rainflower
Okay, If Brightflower goes to the Dark Forest for neglecting (or something similar) a kit, then why didn’t Rainflower?
She neglected Crookedkit just because of his crooked jaw, pretended that he wasn’t hers… disgraceful of her.

Shrewclaw
My, my, my. I love Shrewclaw. But this cat deserves to be in the Dark Forest. If Deerfoot was sent to the Dark Forest for teasing a kit, then why didn’t Shrewclaw get sent to the Dark Forest for bullying Tallstar by calling him Wormcat, Wormpaw, and Wormkit all of his life, also known as bullying.

~~~~~

So, I might make a part two to this in the future, but probably not…

Baiii!

Fan Articles

Notify of
Sky
Sky
June 4, 2017 11:03 am

I disagree with Firestar and Leopardstar. And Blackstar
Firestar always had good intentions in mind. Just think – what good character hasn’t broken the small codes?
Leopardstar didn’t know about Tigerstar! I think she was a good leader after.
Blackstar tried really hard to make up for what he had done. I think that he was good at death.
Now, now, for Rainflower and Shrewclaw, I don’t know what to say. Yeah, probably, they should be there for reasons of history, but Intruly think that if Ashfur – who almost killed four cats – goes to StarClan, so should they.

Rockpelt
Rockpelt
May 20, 2020 11:04 pm
Reply to  Sky

Firestar did not allow Leafpool to become a medicine cat again. Technically that would have been Jayfeather or Bramblestar. Oh yeah and Leopardstar was long dead by the time of Bramblestars storm.

It's the quenchiest!

wolfheart
wolfheart
June 4, 2017 4:34 pm

sorry, but I didn’t like your article, dough I agree with ashfur

Ebonypaw (Ebonygaze)
Ebonypaw (Ebonygaze)
June 6, 2017 12:58 am

Leopardstar: She saw her faults.
Firestar: He did it for right reasons.
Mudclaw: Can you really blame him? Onestar had no proof.
Ashfur: His family died as an apprentice. He’s just mentally unstable.
Blackstar: He redeemed himself.
Rainflower: She blamed herself for Crookedstar’s incident.
Shrewclaw: He never broke the warrior code.

Jayfrost
Jayfrost
June 6, 2017 1:23 am

Rainflower blaming herself, if she really did (I didn’t see any evidence of that), doesn’t justify emotionally abusing her son. She never expressed regret for what she did in life, or acknowledged that she treated her son horribly. And plenty of cats lost their families – there’s no indication that Ashfur is mentally unstable. It’s a bit insensitive to say that Ashfur is “just crazy” and that made him want to kill people. None of the bad things that happened in Ashfur’s life justify him feeling so entitled to Squirrelflight’s love that her leaving him because she doesn’t want to be in a relationship with him anymore is some sort of crime worthy of punishment, and believing that attempting to murder her innocent father and children is a justified response.

Otherwise, I agree. 😛

BlogTeam Administrator

Shadow of Shiny Purple iPhone
Shadow of Shiny Purple iPhone
June 6, 2017 1:57 am

Nice article! But, I do disagree. Cats go to the Dark Forest because they feel that their morally wrong and bad actions were justified (like Mapleshade) and/or they see nothing wrong with the bad things they did (like Thistleclaw). They may even go to the Dark Forest because they thought they had been wronged and refuse to accept that what happened could’ve happened to anyone (like Lilywhisker)! It’s a fine line sometimes for whether or not a cat belongs in StarClan or the Dark Forest, but if they believed that what they were doing really was the right thing to do and this was the correct way that they were supposed to live as according to rules that everyone involved in these actions follows (like Mudclaw believing that Firestar had proclaimed Onewhisker leader of WindClan in order to have a soft ally/enemy), or if they truly felt sorry and understood that their actions were very wrong (and especially if they repented) (like Blackstar, Leopardstar, and Hollyleaf) then they should go to StarClan. They may not have even known they were hurting someone (like Shrewclaw teasing Tallstar, he thought he was only kind of harshly teasing him, as a denmate. He didn’t know that it really hurt Tallstar)! And, breaking the Warrior Code doesn’t condemn someone to the Dark Forest, unless it’s very serious and for selfish/horrible reasons, such as power or revenge. Sometimes, breaking and/or bending the Warrior Code is the only way to help others, which is what Firestar did. Sure cats like Rainflower (who saw nothing wrong with being horrible to Crookedstar just because he broke his jaw) and Ashfur (who apparently only ‘loved too much’) should probably go to the Dark Forest, but the others (like Firestar and Blackstar) truly thought what they were doing was right, or understood wholly that what they did was wrong (and may have even made up for it). But, like I said, the line between Dark Forest and StarClan is sometimes very thin.

Ashfire
Ashfire
June 6, 2017 4:37 am

Shrewclaw was a great cat. Sure, he teased Talltail (star) all his life for having heritage to a tunneler, but he always followed the code. He gave his life defending his clan against ShadowClan, and frankly would have made a great deputy when Tallstar became leader. I’m not saying Shrewclaw didn’t have his extreme moments with bullying Talltail, but that would be like determining whether or not your afterlife was going to be heaven or hell just by your actions as a teenager, which in Shrewclaw’s case, was not irreparable. Not only does he belong in StarClan, but he also belongs on my list of my favorite warrior cats.

Blackstar had his ups and downs. He’d been deputy to rogue to deputy to rogue, and in his earlier stages of TPB he played the bad guy card like a champ. I mean, he literally killed an elder so fast that you would overlooked it if you weren’t paying enough attention. If he died as Tigerstar’s deputy, I would agree that he should go to the Dark Forest. But Blackstaf redeemed himself when he became leader, giving his clanmates inspiration and serving them well throughout his life. Firestar forgave him for his sins after the battle with BloodClan was won, and it noted that Blackfoot was regretful of the things he had done.

Ashfur. This character is the reason why so many bomb shelters across the world are filled with annoyed friends who debate on Ashfur’s residence. Allow me to give you the most reasonable explanation for why Ashfur deserves StarClan.
Yellowfang defending Ashfur was a very weak argument. She said that he loved too much. Apparently that means he should kill her father and kits, definitely. No. The reason why Ashfur is so controversial is because people have never seen a cat with a mental illness in warriors yet. And I believe that Ashfur suffers from depression, which caused him to lash out after the torment of knowing his dream girl didn’t like him. That is no excuse for what he did, though. However, Ashfur says he felt himself actually getting hurt (bleeding on the stones) and saying nobody noticed the blood. Ashfur’s actions were out of pure jealousy and hopelessness that he would never have a mate, and overwhelmed with grief, his mental stability gradually decreased. How could you if your crush was making out with someone else?

Brightstorm (Bright Flash In Storm Cloud)
Brightstorm (Bright Flash In Storm Cloud)
June 6, 2017 9:41 am

Really thoughtful article Otternose!

I think Brightflower should be in StarClan considering her mate Brackenfoot and all her children are there. As for the others, I think they all got placed where they are for good reasons. Ashfur would have become like a new Mapleshade, and did StarClan really need one of those?

Can't rain all the time.

Snowpelt
Snowpelt
June 8, 2017 7:19 am

I absolutely hate Leopardstar and Blackstar! I’m surprised they even became leaders. Blackstar followed Tigerstar and MURDERED STONEFUR!!!!!!! And LEOPARDSTAR LET HIM!!! I also think Rainflower should be in the dark forest because she completely REJECTED Crookedstar, abusing him a lot! And then SHREWCLAW was STILL teasing Tallstar as his death scene, calling him Wormcat. I totally agree that all of these cats should’ve gone to the dark forest. ESPECIALLY ASHFUR…

Sorrelpaw [Sorrelstream] aka Sorzi
Sorrelpaw [Sorrelstream] aka Sorzi
July 14, 2017 6:11 am

I don’t think Blackstar belongs in the Dark Forest. He fought against them in the last battle, didn’t he?

Sorzi (爱猫者)
Not coincidence

Silentsong
Silentsong
December 7, 2017 3:15 am

Who’s Brightflower?

Now I need to go back and reread all the books to find out what she did…

Foxtail (Foxie)
Foxtail (Foxie)
February 1, 2018 1:28 am
Reply to  Silentsong

She is Yellowfang’s mother 🙂

LØVƎSIƆK BLIИK (runnin’ 4 SW)

Snowstorm
Snowstorm
February 1, 2018 1:01 am

Hang on. Brightflower and Deerfoot went to the Dark Forest?????!!!!!

Foxtail (Foxie)
Foxtail (Foxie)
February 1, 2018 1:29 am
Reply to  Snowstorm

She went to the DF cause she blamed Yellowfang for killing her kits (Yellowfang’s younger littermates) and how she didn’t believe Yellowfang when she said she didn’t do it. Idk how that made her evil though……

LØVƎSIƆK BLIИK (runnin’ 4 SW)

hawkpelt
hawkpelt
September 26, 2018 5:15 pm

Ashfur should be in the Dark forest… he tried to kill firestar lol

Licorice
Licorice
September 29, 2018 5:27 am

I hate blackstar. He should 100% go to the dark forest. I hate him and darkstripe after stonefur’s death. Such monsters they are

Sqeaky
Sqeaky
October 27, 2018 7:08 am

Thank you! I thought I was the only person who thought mudclaw deserves to be in the dark forest. Tallstar did have a legitimate reason for revoking his deputyship though. He was sent a vision of Mudclaw being a cruel, battle-hungry leader.

• Forest Wolf by Flamekit
  • Pink Rainforest Hummingbird by Flamekit
  • Mountain Bear by Flamekit
  • Ocean Sea Turtle by Flamekit
  • Nika:Magical Panther
  • Alderheart by Whitepaw
  • Kestrelfeather
  • goldenflower and tawnykit:pelt by Turtlepelt