Uncovering the Best Warriors Book, Part 3: Power of Three

Welcome back to our series exploring the different arcs of Warriors. This is a space to share your thoughts and opinions, and we might have some trivia along the way!

Welcome back! Now it’s time for the Power of Three, the third arc of the franchise, published between 24th April 2007 and 21st April 2009.

In the space of those two years, the Erins explored the journeys of a new set of primary characters: Hollyleaf, Jayfeather, and Lionblaze. The prophecy – “There will be three, kin of your kin, who hold the power of the stars in their paws” – was at the heart of the action.

But what does the prophecy mean by the “power of the stars”? As it turns out, it meant a set of furry, four-legged superheroes. Jayfeather is blind, but has the unique ability to feel emotions and memories coming off of other cats, as well as the ability to enter their dreams. Lionblaze has the power to never get hurt in a fight. Hollyleaf found her power in being completely loyal. What first appears to be an unfair distribution of powers turns out to be the key to the whole mystery, however, as the arc went on to uncover.

The broader narrative of the arc saw all four clans battling one another, as well as the introduction of Sol, a loner cat who tricked Blackstar, leader of ShadowClan, into losing faith in StarClan. It was an arc of eclipses, parental discovery, and the ultimate twist that Hollyleaf was never truly meant to be one of the titular trio. Twisty stuff, eh?

It must have been a winning formula: The Sight reached number one on all major sales charts, including the New York Times Bestseller List. Kate still glows with pride at that one. The same book was also nominated as the best Middle Readers book at Amazon’s Best Books of the Year in 2007, placing sixth out of the ten nominees, obtaining six percent of the total votes.

Warriors was definitely hitting it’s stride of popularity in this arc, but the question is: what did you think of it? How does it rate? What were your favourite moments and characters, and which book was your favourite?

(please note, the voting for the later arcs is closed until further weeks open them up!)

[socialpoll id=”2160983″ type=”set”]

Hazel

Kate Cary's child.

Notify of
Mint and Feathers Scattered Amid Autumn Leaves/Mint in Cranberry Sauce/Mintpaw(feather)
June 12, 2017 12:44 pm

THE SIGHT IS MY FAVORITE BOOK OF ALL TIME

I really like the kit scene at the beginning, and LOVE the in-depth characters and how it is not outright stated that Jaykit is blind until the end of- what, the 1st or 2nd chapter?

also I was first to vote

“furry, four-legged superheroes” -Hazelburrow, 2017

When in thorns, look for roses

Daisyfrost
Daisyfrost
June 12, 2017 4:25 pm

THE CHOICE WAS TOO HARD! 😛
Picked Long Shadows because danggg Ashfur’s scene was well written! 😀

Flamepaw who is too lazy to login
Flamepaw who is too lazy to login
June 12, 2017 5:33 pm

I picked The Sight. I guess that’s the one I can remember best? I don’t have the book (I don’t think) so I can’t read it again. Sadly. Though there is a book store near by so I could just go pick it up.

clampatch
clampatch
June 12, 2017 6:23 pm

I have to say I have a soft spot for The Sight since its the first warriors book I ever read (and believe me, that was very confusing)! I agree that only leaving out visuals for the first chapter instead of calling Jayfeather blind was probably one of my favorite writing? thingies?? that I’ve seen in Warriors. Plus, between a long time and the cats on the covers changing (seriously — long shadows without Sol is weirding me out) the only two I find well remembered are The Sight and Sunrise, and even then Sunrise is mostly a blur to me besides the Hollyleaf incident.

That being said, maybe a little in front of The Prophecies Again, Po3 was definitely my favorite arc; Ive never seen more lovable cat sibs than Lion, Jay, and Holly, and the latter two of those are probably my favorite characters. Thank StarClan for The Power of Three.

[he/they]

LionKit (LionSky)
LionKit (LionSky)
June 12, 2017 7:39 pm

The eclipse.I liked Sol and his ‘prophecy’.

the ghost of an inactive stoatpaw
the ghost of an inactive stoatpaw
June 12, 2017 9:01 pm

Outcast- I liked seeing the tribe.

this is a siggy

Maplefur
Maplefur
June 13, 2017 5:10 pm

The Power of Three isn’t my favorite arc, but it is nostalgic for me considering it was the arc in which I began my warriors experience. I grew up with Jaybae and the other two.

~~Ravenpaw is my son~~

Birchfoot
Birchfoot
June 13, 2017 6:53 pm

The Sight was the first one I ever read, so it’s probably my favourite because of that 😛

Sorrelpaw [Sorrelstream] aka Sorzi
Sorrelpaw [Sorrelstream] aka Sorzi
June 15, 2017 9:32 am

My favorite was Dark River
Because of the tunnels and DarkClan

Sorzi (爱猫者)
Not coincidence

Brightwing - Bright Wing Of Mountain Bluebird
Brightwing - Bright Wing Of Mountain Bluebird
June 17, 2017 8:17 am

I went with Outcast but it was a close one with The Sight. Mainly because those are the ones I most recently read, but also because in Outcast they are out of the Clan routines and systems…anything could happen on the mountain. Also I love the tribe! Bright Wing Of Mountain Bluebird 4 da vin! Also I saw in a Warrior Cat fact video that Outcast was named because of how the Tribe treated Stormfur and Brook like outcasts.

Click the name, join the Clan!

Icepaw(Icetail)
Icepaw(Icetail)
June 18, 2017 11:41 am

I’d say Long Shadows.
Ashfur’s scene was incredibly well-written and I loved the drama at the twoleg nest when mostly everyone got sick. It was very suspenseful, exciting, and the ending was remarkable. It also paved the way perfectly for my third-favorite book(Sunrise) and it is my overall favorite book in Warriors.

Russetflame
Russetflame
June 21, 2017 11:02 pm

I wasn’t a huge fan of the PoT arc in general, but my favourite would be Long Shadows. I liked the Ashfur scene and the build up to it. I also really liked Outcast though, so it was a tricky decision 😛

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch