Medicine Cat Elections, Day 1

Hello and welcome, friends and family! It’s a pleasure to be back for this momentous occasion! It’s time to elect a new Medicine Cat!

First, I’d like to thank Kat for being such a warm and friendly part of the community, serving BlogClan well the past 2 years.

Now, though, it’s time for a new chapter…

Part I: What is a Medicine Cat?

But what is a Medicine Cat in the world of BlogClan? On our site, the Medicine Cat is the friendly ambassador of our community.

• They welcome the newest members of BlogClan and play an active role on the New Members page.
  • They keep the community contented, making sure every member of the site feels happy and involved.
  • Finally, they act as a go-between with BlogTeam and BlogClan, being one of the most useful points of contact between these two parts of the community.

Part II: What is an election?

Over the next two weeks, we will begin our search for that new key member our community, and it could be any of you. You are all lovely, warm and caring people, and I know this opportunity has the potential to fit any one of you. With this role, however, it’s important to note that you must make sure to stay level-headed and committed to our community.

Near the bottom of this posts is the schedule for the new two weeks! Expect posts of political commentary, as well as opportunities for candidates to give speeches. Above all else, expect a friendly and encouraging atmosphere for all candidates.

I just want to stress that final point again: at the end of the day, this is intended to be a fun event held for you, the community of BlogClan. Please be as encouraging as possible to all candidates! Get into the spirit of things and have fun!

Part III: What is a hustings?

Perhaps the most exciting part of the event will be the hustings. If you’re not entirely sure what they are, we have a definition for you below:

hust·ings

(hŭs′tĭngz)

pl.n. (used with a sing. or pl. verb)
1. place where political campaign speeches are made: candidate out on the hustings in the farm belt.
2. The activities involved in political campaigning: veteran of the hustings.
Essentially, over the next few days we will publish a series of posts giving groups of candidates an opportunity to engage the community: a platform to be asked questions, give speeches, and talk to BlogClan about why they want this position.
It’ll be fun, so be sure to stay tuned!
Part IV: What is the schedule?
Below is the schedule, taking us from today to the 15th July when the new Medicine Cat will be announced.

Date

Event

1st July Applications Open!
2nd July Hustings, Day 1
3rd July Hustings, Day 2
4th July Hustings, Day 3
5th July Applications Close
6th July Hustings, Day 4
7th July First Round of Voting Begins
8th July Josh’s Fantastic Late Night Election Commentary, Part 1
9th July a deep and quiet day of thoughtful contemplation
10th July First Round of Voting Ends
11th July Second Round of Voting Begins
12th July Josh’s Fantastic Late Night Election Commentary, Part 2
13th July Second Round of Voting Ends
14th July Flo’s Fantastic Election Wrap-up!
15th July

Announcement of BlogClan’s New Medicine Cat!

Part V: How do I apply?

Last but not least, if you want to apply for the role of Medicine Cat, the page with the form is just on the other side of this link!

Hazel

Kate Cary's child.

Notify of
July 2, 2017 7:31 pm

This will be our first election since moving to the new camp! How time flies. 😀

❄ BlogTeam Mod, Medicine Cat ❄

Flowerstream
Flowerstream
July 2, 2017 7:32 pm

I can’t believe it’s already been 2 years!

July 2, 2017 7:40 pm
Reply to  Flowerstream

Neither can I. I remember when Jayie and Kat were elected. :’)

❄ BlogTeam Mod, Medicine Cat ❄

Breezey
Breezey
July 2, 2017 10:52 pm

Hi! 😀

I’m thinking of making a poster with all the medicine cat candidates’ names and posting it on here as a reminder of who you can vote for, if that’s alright with everyone. If you could reply with who’s currently running for medicine cat, that’d be really helpful. Thanks! Also, I’d just like to say, all the candidates are doing great so far! No matter who wins the positions, you guys are wonderful people! <3

Sundance
Sundance
July 2, 2017 11:01 pm
Reply to  Breezey

That’s a fab idea! Go, Summer!!!!!!! 😀

Breezey
Breezey
July 2, 2017 11:14 pm
Reply to  Sundance

Thank you, Sunny! 😀

July 2, 2017 11:17 pm
Reply to  Breezey

Oh, that would be really cool! I’m running, and I know that Icy, Win, Sunny, Wollow, Moss, Shock, and Flo off the top of my head are too ^^

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

Sundance
Sundance
July 2, 2017 11:19 pm

Nuuuu, I’m not! 😀

July 2, 2017 11:20 pm
Reply to  Sundance

You totally could though 😉

❄ BlogTeam Mod, Medicine Cat ❄

July 3, 2017 12:01 am
Reply to  Sundance

You’re not??? Darn I would’ve voted for you 😛 (if contestants can vote 😛 )

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

Flowerstream
Flowerstream
July 3, 2017 12:05 am

I mean, contestants could probably vote, as I’m fairly certain it’ll the vote will be a poll anyways, same as last year.

July 3, 2017 12:08 am
Reply to  Flowerstream

Okay, would we be allowed to vote for ourselves? 😛 (I don’t know if I will, just wondering)

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

Flowerstream
Flowerstream
July 3, 2017 12:11 am

It’s anonymous, so I imagine so (At least, if we’re doing it like 2015 elections. It may be different this year). Tbh I’m choosing not to vote (most likely) for elections that I’m in because idk, otherwise it seems kinda biased.

July 3, 2017 12:05 am

I’m fairly sure we can. 🙂

❄ BlogTeam Mod, Medicine Cat ❄

Breeze that Glides Through Summer
Breeze that Glides Through Summer
July 3, 2017 4:18 pm

Cool, thanks Wavey! 😀 💜

Eagleclaw
Eagleclaw
July 3, 2017 3:53 pm
Reply to  Breezey

I’m gonna run, just finishing off my speech. And good idea, btw. 🙂

Breeze that Glides Through Summer
Breeze that Glides Through Summer
July 3, 2017 4:20 pm
Reply to  Eagleclaw

Yay! Good luck with your speech! 🙂 Thank you!

Eagleclaw

July 3, 2017 4:58 pm

Thank you! 😀 Good luck!!! 🙂

July 3, 2017 7:08 pm

Good luck! ^^

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

July 3, 2017 1:04 am

note from flo: this slipped through moderation- leave it for Josh so that he can add it to the Hustings post
here’s my edited speech!

Hi, everyone! I hope your day is going well 🙂
For me, BlogClan has always been a safe haven and a happy place. From the moment I first began scrolling through articles and comments to take my mind off my grandpaw’s death, I felt loved, welcomed, wanted, and needed. I’ve always done my best to in turn give new members that experience. As medicine cat, I’d do my very best to keep that going and do even more. I’m on BlogClan every single day. I’m extremely active. I’m also a member of the wiki, Discord, and Skype. As an ambassador/recruiter, which is one of the jobs of a medicine cat, I am also a member of other wikis, most notably Wings of Fire; Wattpad; Warriors, Steven Universe, Miraculous Ladybug, and Wings of Fire Aminos; and, like I just said, Skype and Discord, all under BlogClan-related names. I would use my outside connections to recruit other Warriors fans who might be interested. I’d really like to help out on BlogClan as much as I can and be there for everyone. I’ve had a pretty rough year and BlogClan has been amazing for me, and any way I can pay that back, I certainly will. When I see a new person or just someone will a question (basically Ask Jaysnow) I always try to provide a helpful answer/comment as best as I can, even if other people have gotten to it before me. But it really doesn’t seem like enough. BlogClan is a huge part of my life. I’m online every day and most of my online names stem from BlogClan. It’s a beautiful, beautiful place and I want to do everything I can to keep it that way (honestly, not that anything could ever take that away) and make it better, and being BlogClan’s medicine cat would be a great way to do so. You probably know that I love the musical Hamilton, and one amazing quote from that that I feel captures my next reason for wanting to be medicine cat is “[Legacy] is planting seeds in a garden you never get to see.” In this case, BlogClan is my garden, and the seeds I am planting are not just my legacy, what future (and present) BlogClanners will remember me by, but a way to help improve BlogClan and keep it going. Copperclaw, Dawnmist, and Silverwind, all inactive, are still remembered, by name, even by a person who only really knew Dawnmist, and even so it wasn’t for that long. But again, it’s not just about me, it’s about BlogClan. It’s not about the plant that sprouts from the seeds I plant, it’s about the garden. But by planting the seeds, I can make the garden as good as my powers allow me to. And that would be the biggest gift you could give me.

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

Breeze that Glides Through Summer
Breeze that Glides Through Summer
July 3, 2017 5:03 pm

So far I’ve got Silvertail, Eagleclaw, Icy, Win, Willow, Moss, Shock, Flo, Wavey, Rainspirit, Willowpaw, and Stoat! I will definitely add more to the list as I see your name later on. 😀

Jetclaw
Jetclaw
July 3, 2017 5:48 pm

Hey quick question, I was wondering if I could rewrite my speech? I wrote it like I was applying for a job rather than a speech so if I could rewrite it that’d be great. If not I totally understand.
Good luck to everyone! I look forwards to seeing how this election pans out

July 3, 2017 7:08 pm
Reply to  Jetclaw

Good luck Jetty! I did the same thing, I had to rewrite mine too 😛

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

July 3, 2017 7:09 pm

What are the duties of a medicine cat apprentice, if any? Are there any requirements for the position?

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

Sundance
Sundance
July 5, 2017 3:05 pm

How many finalists will there be in the second round of voting? 😀

Jasminebreeze is inactive oops
Jasminebreeze is inactive oops
July 6, 2017 11:20 pm

Sorry Josh, but why did you accept me? I accidentally clicked send when I put in how long I’ve been here, and I have only been here ten months.

Random Fact Holder

Jasminebreeze is inactive oops
Jasminebreeze is inactive oops
July 7, 2017 2:57 am

Shiv did I ever tell you you’re awesome?

Random Fact Holder

Jasminebreeze is inactive oops
Jasminebreeze is inactive oops
July 7, 2017 5:59 pm

Does a MCA have to be an apprentice?

Random Fact Holder

July 7, 2017 6:00 pm

No, not at all! They can be anyone, I believe. 🙂 (I know for a fact at least apprentices and warriors/Senior Warriors can be the medicine cat apprentice.)

❄ BlogTeam Mod, Medicine Cat ❄

Jasminebreeze is inactive oops
Jasminebreeze is inactive oops
July 7, 2017 6:32 pm

Thanks Icy <3

Random Fact Holder

July 7, 2017 6:40 pm

No problem!

❄ BlogTeam Mod, Medicine Cat ❄

1 3 4 5

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch