Why Firestar is super over rated by Rainpaw

Rainpaw discusses their opinion of Firestar.

Artist unknown (Source: VS Battles Wiki)

Hi! I’m Rainpaw and I’m going to tell you why I believe Firestar is super over rated.

First Rusty comes into the forest and joins Thunderclan which earlier had a prophecy about him (Fire alone can save the clan). Then Rusty becomes Firepaw, then Fireheart and eventually Firestar. Through out Firestar’s life, even when he was an apprentice he was able to speak to StarClan and have visions, where normal warriors never really spoke to StarClan except when they were chosen to go on quests. In the first series Fireheart saves Bluestar from Tigerstar and is the only cat that Bluestar trusts; and then saves ALL the clans from Tigerstars evil wrath. Already he seems to me way too good to be true.

Then again Firestar gets a prophecy from a cat who was leader of Skyclan and wants him to save SkyClan. Then he and Sandstorm go and save Skyclan and Skyclan upholds Firestar as their hero. Then in Power of Three, Firestar is so kind to all cats and never seems to loose his temper and seems so perfect. This really annoys me because the books seem to have every leader mess up except for Firestar who is so neatly perfect in every way.

Then Firestar’s daughter Leafpool’s kits, Jayfeather and Lionblaze are apart of a prophecy that will save the clans ….AGAIN. Then we find out that in order to be apart of the prophecy a cat has to be related to Firestar. So over rated.

Then in Omen of the Stars, Firestar is again for the THIRD or Fourth time( i can’t keep count) part of a prophecy where he is part of the three or the four powerful cats, since Firestar just HAD to be apart of it and saves the clans…….AGAIN.

Later in the great battle Spottedleaf gets killed, I personally think it’s so Firestar does not have to choose between her and Sandstorm in Starclan and Firestar can be a perfect StarClan cat and not have any problems. Now lastly in a Vision of Shadows Firestar yet appears AGAIN and gives the medicine cats a prophecy “Embrace what you find in the shadows for only they can clear the sky.” And later tells the cats to use their names to defeat the rogues and AGAIN help save the clans.

I have nothing against Firestar I do like him but he is really overrated and can get really, to fake for his own pelt. Thank you for reading my 2nd article and I really hope you enjoyed it! comment below and tell me if you think Firestar is over rated and if I missed anything. May Starclan light your path!

Fan Articles

Sorrelpaw [Sorrelstream] aka Sorzi
Sorrelpaw [Sorrelstream] aka Sorzi
July 13, 2017 1:16 am

Ah yes. Excellent article! From what you say, it seems like he gets too much attention. But then again, that is what happens to important characters in most books/series… 😛

Mint and Feathers Scattered Amid Autumn Leaves/Mint in Cranberry Sauce/Mintpaw(feather)
July 13, 2017 1:52 am

Good article. However, I don’t think that he is overrated. He is a good and developed character, and even though I see your points about he is always involved in prophesies, the underlying structure of the books, I think that this is expected of the main character. Great article though!

Flamebriar
The Hanzo main (Handsoap // The king of Nutella on Pancakes // Flamey)
July 13, 2017 5:19 am

Hmm kinda makes me rethink firestar. Not really actually. I like seeing why people say he’s a Gary Stu, and why he’s not. It’s interesting seeing the arguments people put out there. In my mind, he’s not a Gary Stu. He’s sorta edging in right in the middle (honestly have no idea what “edging in” is.) but that’s my opinion.

Whispering Rain
Whispering Rain
July 13, 2017 11:53 am

Great article, Rainpaw!
I feel that as the main character, he’s in the limelight a lot, but he’s a very developed character ^^

Fallenshadows
Fallenshadows
July 13, 2017 12:00 pm

Nice article! I thought he’s not a Gary Stu/Mary Sue, but he sorta borderlined it in my opinion.

Bramblefire
Bramblefire
July 13, 2017 4:46 pm

I agree with you on a couple points, but it is all part of his narrative archetype. He has to be that kind of character for the the narrative, thus he was written that way. He has flaws, like doing whatever he feels is right, but that’s also a strength.

Sky
Sky
July 13, 2017 11:00 pm

Agreed!

Of course, he is no Gary-stu, but he is really overrated in the books.

Brightwing - Bright Wing Of Mountain Bluebird
Brightwing - Bright Wing Of Mountain Bluebird
July 15, 2017 10:22 am

I like Firestar because he was a good leader and did make mistakes, despite how Gary-Stu sounding you make him 🙂 And he was the main ‘backbone’ of the books so of course he has to appear in lots of prophecies because he’s an important guy. But being the fourth cat in the prophecy against the Dark Forest I though was slightly pointless.

Darkfrost
Darkfrost
July 15, 2017 8:35 pm

Agreed- I like Fireheart, not Firestar.

Brackenstorm
Brackenstorm
May 7, 2018 10:58 pm

i agree with you Rainpaw, Firestar is pretty overrated. I’m sorta glad they killed him in the books, because i think we had too much of him. i wonder if he will die again and be nothing, like Tigerstar, Spottedleaf and Hawkfrost

Tigerblaze
Tigerblaze
December 17, 2018 5:39 pm

OMG I know he’s sooooo overrated!!! I mean, how is he the fourth cat???? Too many Firestar Prophecies.

Triggerpaw
Triggerpaw
July 16, 2019 3:21 am

OMG he is but I think he’s probably my favorite character!he is a little overrated but I still love him as much as I do forcrowfeather,leafpool ect. Also you missed the part where scourge is firestars half bro. But thank you for making this article and may starclan be with you and don’t be mouse brained about firestar sometimes!!!😂😂🔥⭐

Windstream
Windstream
March 16, 2020 10:46 pm

Amaze, I made a article about the same thing, there are some puns🥳

• EchoClaw