Top three reasons why Hollyleaf should have been the third cat instead of Dovewing by Smokyflame

Smokyflame shares 3 reasons why they think Hollyleaf should’ve been the Third cat in the prophecy.

Art by Wayne McLoughlin

Hi guys! Smokyflame here, and today we will go over why hollyleaf should have been the third cat. Now, I’m not a huge fan of hollyleaf, although she is much better than dovewing…
Anyways, enjoy!
(1) Dovewing’s emotional breakdowns
Dovewing has been known to have emotional outbreaks, or explosions, or whatever. EXAMPLE:
When the three lost their powers, jayfeather didn’t even notice his were gone, or showed no sign that he did. At the time, he was treating fox- what’s-his-face, don’t think I don’t have that fact down. But still, even after fox leap died, jayfeather got made at little dovey for rambling on and on about not being able to hear the boys trot after her, blinded by how pretty she was.( OBVIOUSLY PART OF DOVEWING’S SILENCE) . I know that hollyleaf has some emotion issues, too, but she could have learned to shut them in her head. Besides, I think it was the not-being-in-the-three- part that made her crack. She always felt that she was not being included with her brother’s chats, and if they had spoken to each other more, maybe hollyleaf would have confessed that she wanted to kill ashfur. Then Smartie jay feather could have given her some good reasons to NOT kill him, and she would listen to him, and then the gathering drama wouldn’t have happened. With dovewing, she just pools her emotions inside, and doesn’t tell any cat about them, not even to her sister, who was her best friend until dovewing learned about her powers. Then they go join the dark forest because they don’t fell that their good enough, and eventually start to yell at her for keeping simple secrets. Then dovewing cries in self pity.
(2) sibling skills
Out of jayfeather, lionblaze, and hollyleaf, hollyleaf was the binding of the group. She was like the spine of the group,or the nose of a shark. My point is, when hollyleaf was presumed dead, then actually died, the brothers didn’t speak to each other as much, and even fought. If hollyleaf had been in the three, she wouldn’t have spilt the secret at the gathering, and they would have stuck together and figured out solutions together. For obvious reasons, dovewing isn’t good with having a sibling, (IVYPOOL) , so she was more distant from the three. Siblings are very close until one keeps a secret and hurts the other by not telling them. Hollyleaf, jayfeather, and lionblaze, were all very close siblings. They never kept secrets from each other, and when they did, they were small, forgivable ones. My point is, if the three had a more bonded group, one who had grown up together, they could have prevented more deaths in the final battle.
(3) inexperience
Dovewing was a young apprentice when she was told of her powers. She had just started training. When she told firestar about the beavers, and firestar told the clans, they just sent random warriors into random lands from a random apprentices “dream” . Hollyleaf’s character was all about planning, thinking, and safest routes to a goal. The sent clan cats walked right in without a plan, and WHAT DO YOU KNOW, rippletail dies. 😭. Hollyleaf would have thought about all of the possible outcomes, picked the best one, backtracked, and told the group how they were gonna break into the beaver’s house. Dovewing never thought before she spoke too. She said all the wrong things in front of ivypool, eventually causing her to fall into a pit of jealousy, and train to kill the clans.

Well, thanks guys for reading my TOP THREE REASONS WHY HOLLYLEAF SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE THIRD CAT IN THE PROPHECY!! I hope you guys enjoyed. If you like dovewing, unlike me, please don’t take any of this personally. I needed to criticize her for the sake of the article. PEACE!

Fan Articles

Notify of
The Box
The Box
October 31, 2018 3:42 am

I wish Dovewing would just LEAVE THE WARRIOR SERIES! I wish Hollyleaf didn`t die.

SOMEONE
SOMEONE
April 8, 2019 7:28 am
Reply to  The Box

IKR I wish

Holly leaf
Holly leaf
April 20, 2020 8:18 pm
Reply to  The Box

I agree

Firestorm
Firestorm
June 3, 2020 8:13 am
Reply to  The Box

Why does everyone hate Dovewing? How would you feel if you lost all your powerful sense when you were so used to them? Literally, I would freak out 20 times worse than she does!! And btw, Hollyleaf didn’t die. Happy?!

silverwisp
silverwisp
September 7, 2020 8:16 pm
Reply to  Firestorm

uhhh hollyleaf did die

Someone
Someone
April 8, 2019 7:27 am

OOF WHY DID SHE HAVE TO DIE SHE WAS MY FAV AND I LOVE HER AND HATE DOVEWING……!
ITS NOT FAIRRRR!
WHY THO?
help…. *cries*

honeybeepaw
honeybeepaw
August 6, 2019 3:51 am

Well — no hate, but I think Dovewing was perfect for the Three for three — haha 😉 — reasons.

Number one; Dovewing being the third cat instead made for a great plot twist. It would have been too predictable if Hollyleaf was part of the prophecy — not that I hate Hollyleaf, of course 🙂

Number two; it’s metaphorically impossible to have a suspenseful story that’ll keep you begging for more mixed with a cat that’s in love with the warrior code to be part of a prophecy. Sure, I’m not stopping you from writing a story about it, but the thing that made her crack was the fact that she wasn’t part of the prophecy. If she was, she would have been a flawless character, or at at least near flawless.

Number three; Hollyleaf was too important a character to be part of the prophecy. What would have happened if she had been part of the prophecy? She probably wouldn’t have had to hide in the tunnels, leading to the belief of her Clan that she was dead, she wouldn’t have cracked and accidentally killed Ashfur, and she also needn’t have died saving Ivypool.

This wasn’t meant for offence, just my opinion. Feel free to disagree if you’d like 🙂

look far beneath the sand.

Emberheart and Foxclaw
Emberheart and Foxclaw
June 12, 2020 11:02 pm
Reply to  honeybeepaw

“Accidentally killed Ashfur” – That WAS NOT an accident. Hollyleaf went out and murdered him so he wouldn’t tell the Clans about Leafpool and Crowfeather. (Even though she told them anyway and Ashfur didn’t need to die in the first place) I just feel like a lot of bad things wouldn’t have happened if Hollyleaf was one of the three. I also hate Dovewing because she’s way annoying even though Hollyleaf was a bit unstable. (Which made her more intresting and challenged the reader to try and figure out her mindset.)

falling feather
falling feather
June 12, 2020 11:28 pm
Reply to  honeybeepaw

honestly I only appreciate Dovewing as part of the Three because of the awesome series and plot twist that came out of it

✧ epic pfp by goldi! ✧

JayfeatherHasLeftTheChat
JayfeatherHasLeftTheChat
January 25, 2020 9:47 pm

Honestly, I’m fine with Dovewing so far. Hollyleaf should have gotten Lionblaze’s power, and we could just ditch him. Hollyleaf could still have disappeared into the tunnels and come back in time to use her power, just let Hollyleaf have powers. She was more interesting then Lionblaze ever will be. You guys had to force Lionblaze into interesting things so that we wouldn’t be bored, but instead you just made it impossible to escape Lionblaze. And if it’s not good enough, fine. She can have Dovewing’s power. No doubt she’d use it to kill Ashfur.

falling feather
falling feather
June 12, 2020 11:29 pm

*starts chanting DITCH LIONBLAZE*

✧ epic pfp by goldi! ✧

Mintkit
Mintkit
April 17, 2020 1:05 am

Honestly I agree they were sibling or it could have just been the power of four I think erin hunter just wanted to make a big twist but in this case I didnt like the way he twisted the story plus they totally rejected jayfeather when he lost his powers cause now hes COMPLETLY miserable and blind .

Holly leaf
Holly leaf
April 20, 2020 8:20 pm
Reply to  Mintkit

It was called the power of three because it was also the third series

Archpaw
Archpaw
April 20, 2020 8:26 pm

NICEEE

Meow Hiss Purr

Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢
Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢
September 7, 2020 8:30 pm

I think Dovewing is perfect being part of the Three.
I think Hollyleaf should have been part of the Four, though!

Jayda
Jayda
September 22, 2020 12:06 am

The only reason I don’t agree is because that would have been extremely cliche and expected. And also it just wouldn’t fit her

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch