My opinion on: Leafstar of SkyClan by Mintytail

Mintytail shares their opinion on Leafstar.

Art by TheMoonfall

When I talk with my friends about warrior cats, we always get to one topic. Who is one of your least favorite warrior cats from SkyClan? I always say Darktail even though he wasn’t in SkyClan. Well, Darktail played a major role in Hawkwing’s Journey, ect. Anyways, that’s off topic! So, I say Darktail and they scream Leafstar. One time, I was curios and looked up, “I hate Leafstar of SkyClan!” And there were lots of results of, “She’s weak!”, “I hate her!”, ect. I know why people hate her. And this is because of:
#1 So bad at warrior naming ceremonies
Okay, hear me when I say this, but I kind of like some of the names. I mean wasn’t Blossomheart, Firefern, and Pebbleshine good? Yeah, I know a few names like Harrybrook and a few more. But, she also made some really cool names like Bouncefire. Anyways, onto the next reason!
#2 Her mate
*Cough* Okay, I don’t like Billystorm at all but why do some people blame her for her mate? I mean, that is not part of her personality. No one can really blame her for her mate, can they? I don’t have much too say…… So, let’s get to the final one!
#3 Her personality….
She…. She well. She has gone crazy at some point in the books. Bluestar did too. I mean, well…… She was stressed, like any leader when they have all that weight on their paws.
In my opinion, Leafstar is okay. She is not the best leader and she is definitely not the worst. I mean, I like her. She is not Brokenstar, Mapleshade, or any of the warrior cat villains! It’s okay if you disagree with me. But, just don’t go flaming down on me. Anyways, I wouldn’t choose Leafstar to be in my “Top 5 leaders” list. She would probably be in a top ten. Or, if she was in my least favorite warrior cat leaders it will probably be a 9 or 10 not 1. Anyways, that’s enough for now!
Mintytail almost out!
*Commercial Break*
Go check out Mintytail’s favorite warrior cats from ThunderClan!
*End of Commercial Break*
Okay, seriously, Mintytail out!

Fan Articles

Sky
Sky
August 7, 2017 12:17 pm

Agreed! She’s not my favorite, but I like her.

She never went crazy, though.

Russetflame
Russetflame
August 7, 2017 12:29 pm

Interesting article! SkyClan is my favourite clan, and I never had a problem with Leafstar. She doesn’t lead her clan like the forest cats do, but considering she’d never experienced clan life prior to SkyClan’s revival she did an okay job (up until AVOS, anyway :P)

Sorrelpaw [Sorrelstream] aka Sorzi
Sorrelpaw [Sorrelstream] aka Sorzi
August 7, 2017 12:31 pm

Eek! Great article!
Leafstar isn’t on my Top 18 Fav Cats list, but I kinda like her

Whispering Rain
Whispering Rain
August 7, 2017 12:52 pm

Great article ^^
Personally, I like Leafstar.

Mint and Feathers Scattered Amid Autumn Leaves/Mint in Cranberry Sauce/Mintpaw(feather)
August 7, 2017 1:01 pm

Great article, Minty! I actually never understood why people hate her.

You've Caught a Wild Sparky! (Sparktooth)
You've Caught a Wild Sparky! (Sparktooth)
August 7, 2017 3:23 pm

I’ve always loved Leafstar! I thought she was a great character and enjoyed reading about her in the books. In fact, I could write an article on this topic. (I think I might have to XD)

Foxpaw (step)
Foxpaw (step)
August 7, 2017 3:34 pm

Nice! I totally agree, especially with the names thing. So many people judge her for that, refusing to believe it’s realistic as Firestar didn’t tell her everything and there is a whole lot more to her character than that.

Icetail
Icetail
August 7, 2017 5:22 pm

Why do people dislike leafstar? She is a calm, and confident leader and she’s pretty cool.

Sundance
Sundance
August 7, 2017 5:55 pm

Nice article, Minty!!! 😀 I haven’t read Hawkwing’s Journey, but I remember liking Leafstar from the other super editions and whatnot. I enjoyed reading about her Billystorm too, and I remember waiting in anticipation for them to have kits. 😝 (Check out this cute fanart of them —-> Click Here
Do you think she’ll die in A Vision of Shadows?

Rainpaw(Rainsky)
Rainpaw(Rainsky)
August 7, 2017 6:14 pm

Great article! I agree w/u

Sapphie (Sapphireheart)
Sapphie (Sapphireheart)
August 7, 2017 8:52 pm

What!!! There are Leafstar haters!!! You forgot that these cats that you meantioned that she named had reasons. Harrybrook was because he was named after Sol’s other name Harry because he helped them escape a elderly twoleg. Others like Bouncefire were or are Daylight Warriors. If i was a kittypet named Sapphire I would join Skyclan cause I have a good chance of keeping my name as a prefix. Whew that was a mouthful 😛

Sleet That Falls On Frozen Flower (Sleetfall The Yellow Eraser)
Sleet That Falls On Frozen Flower (Sleetfall The Yellow Eraser)
August 8, 2017 2:51 am

A star shaped leaf.

Bluefire of Stormclan
Bluefire of Stormclan
August 8, 2017 3:35 am

Leafstar in my opinion is pretty cool. And hey, everyone makes mistakes. Besides, no one was getting on Tawnypelt for naming one of her kits (Tigerkit/Tigerheart) after her father Tigerstar!
Okay, just gonna say, back when I was an amateur warrior fan, I thought Leafstar was Leafpool who had left Thunderclan. Like I said, everyone makes mistakes.

• EchoClaw