Analyzing Bumbledove by Willowlight

Willowlight analyzes the relationship between Bumblestripe and Dovewing.

Artwork by Willowlight

Hey, it’s Wollow here, back at it with another cringy article! First, the traditional wave to my old self-cringing at this. And to you cringing at this. Now that that’s over, let’s get into the topic. My topic for the day is “Bumbledove is terrible.” I don’t support Tigerdove that much, but I don’t support Bumbledove even more. And so I’m writing this article.

First of all, Bumblestripe feels entitled to Dovewing’s love. He loves her, and that’s fine, but he’s angry when she doesn’t love him back. He acts like Dovewing’s a terrible cat for not loving him back, and that a good cat WOULD love him back, which isn’t true. In the Last Hope he says, “I get it, okay? You don’t like me the same way I like you. I’ll get over it. I’m just disappointed you weren’t the cat I thought you were.” He acts like Dovewing should love him back, and that to be “the cat he thought she was” she had to love him back.

It’s also a little annoying when people hate Dovewing for “breaking up with Bumblestripe.” Sure, you may ship them, but that doesn’t mean they should be in a relationship. You can be disappointed Bumbledove didn’t work out and that’s fine with me, but some people hate Dovewing because she broke up with Bumblestripe. You’re allowed to break up with someone and it doesn’t make you a bad person. Ending a relationship isn’t a crime. Dovewing and Bumblestripe weren’t in a real relationship for long and it’s not right to hate her for breaking up with Bumblestripe.

Dovewing was also pressured into being in a relationship with Bumblestripe. According to the Warriors Wiki, “Whitewing gently points out Dovewing would need to find a mate one day, to keep the Clan going. Dovewing says there was plenty of time to choose a tom before hurrying Whitewing back to camp.” Dovewing didn’t want to take a mate just yet, and cats were still telling her to take a mate. The Warriors Wiki says, “Kate thinks that Dovewing “just wasn’t that into Bumblestripe,” and that she could only think about him as a friend, she later stated that Dovewing thought Bumblestripe deserved someone who loved him more than she did.” Dovewing didn’t really want to be mates with Bumblestripe.

Dovewing was clearly not that eager to be in a relationship with Bumblestripe and sometimes felt uncomfortable with it. “I can’t wait for us to have our own kits,” Bumblestripe went on. “I know you’ll be a great mother.” To Bramblestar’s surprise, Dovewing stepped away from her mate. “There’s plenty of time for that,” she mewed. “We need to deal with the flood first.” Bumblestripe flattened his ears. “Right, okay,” he murmured, but Bramblestar wondered if Dovewing had seen the hurt look in his eyes. Were things all right between them?” That’s a direct quote from The Last Hope. Dovewing isn’t really that comfortable with the relationship. Other cats were telling Dovewing that she should be mates with Bumblestripe and Dovewing did so that she wouldn’t hurt his feelings.

Now that this long ramble of an article is nearly over, I’d like to thank a bunch of people on chat, including Stoatbramble, Foxstep, and Rainleaf. Sorry if I forgot you. Also sorry about the fact that this was originally supposed to be a collab article and I wrote it myself anyway. Thanks for reading this, and please feel free to leave your opinions in the comments, just stay sane and respectful. Because sanity is a good thing. And I really should end this article soon because more rambling = more cringe. Bye.

(No, Flo, I will not title this “Bumbledove Sucks”)

32 Replies to “Analyzing Bumbledove by Willowlight”

1. August 10, 2017 at 6:08 pm

Very interesting

A wild Sapphie has appeared

2. Echopaw(Echostream)is back HOME YAY
    August 10, 2017 at 6:12 pm

nice job! i really hate bumbledove too.

3. Iceclaw
    August 10, 2017 at 8:28 pm

Great article!

4. Kindheart
    August 10, 2017 at 11:51 pm

Thats exactly what I always thought! great article and great job putting into words and a good argument was stated too.

5. August 11, 2017 at 1:31 pm

Great article, Wollow! 😀 You had some great points. Dovewing doesn’t love Bumblestripe, and that is not a bad thing. She shouldn’t be pressured into doing something she is not comfortable with. You’ve changed my mind. I used to love Bumbledove, but just because Bumble was so sweet, I didn’t realise that Dovewing doesn’t love him! It’s pretty obvious actually! xD I can’t believe I didn’t realize this before 😛

6. Forestshine
    August 11, 2017 at 3:48 pm

I support Bumbledove more than Tigerdove. For some reason I just HATE Tigerdove.

• Sky
      August 15, 2017 at 6:00 pm

Bumbledove is a lot worse! In my opinion, of cours.

2019, here I come!

7. August 11, 2017 at 8:04 pm

I like Bumblestripe more than Tigerheart, but obviously Bumbledove probably won’t happen so I’m pretty sure we’ll get some complicated cross-Clans love again instead. Great article and art Willowlight; I like how you went into lots of detail 😀 Also, when Bumblestripe was saying ‘ I can’t wait for us to have our own kits’ it made me kind of cringe because who says that to a kind of prickly mate who you know doesn’t like you much? I’m pretty sure I would have acted exactly in exactly the same way as Dovewing did in that situation. But over all I think that Bumble and Dove are great individuals, but not so great together, whatever Bumblestripe might think.

(I keep my liking for Dovewing quiet, as she’s not my absolute fav cat, but I like her personality. If you ever forget, just look at my prefix…that wasn’t a coincidence 😛 The ‘Bright’ was from from Brightheart btw)

8. August 12, 2017 at 5:43 am

I like Bumbledove, but I do think you had some great points! 🙂

Echobreeze

9. Fawnpaw/Fawnberry/N e r d
    August 12, 2017 at 6:03 pm

Oooh Wollow good point! I really don’t ship Dovewing with anybody either.

rip

10. Rainpaw
    August 14, 2017 at 1:49 pm

…oh dear, I found the Google Doc where we all helped you with the article 😛

Mrrrow.

11. Dovebloom
    August 15, 2017 at 7:23 am

Nice article!

12. Sky
    August 17, 2017 at 4:47 am

I also might comment on the fact that while Bumblestripe ahs a chill, regular life, Dovewing and Tigerheart both have insecurities

2019, here I come!