Why Brambleclaw Deserves More Love (SPOILERS AHEAD) by Honeypelt

Honeypelt argues why Brambleclaw deserves more appreciation.

Art by WaivesOfWealth

Hello Clanmates! Here is Honeypelt, talking about my favorite warrior of all times. Brambleclaw.
Some days ago, I stumbled on this 6 hour pmv map, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c17fKAVUUs&t=3s) that focuses on Brambleclaw’s life. (I am super looking foward for when it comes out, I watched some of the parts and it’s absolutely gorgeous) Then, I wanted to see if there was any other map, in progression or already finished, about him. (focusing on his life, not his relationship with other characters) But when I searched “Brambleclaw” on Youtube the result come to nothing. There was some speedpaints or maps, but mostly of him and Squirrelflight, he confronting Ashfur, or Hawkfrost. And I was totally blown up by the number of results that I got of people that focused things is HIS story. HIS life, scenes of HIS life, so few! I know you’re thinking, “Oh but his relationships are part of his life”. But it isn’t this that I’m trying to say. It’s that people focus on the other characters that are envolved on his story, and THEIR point of view. Like, how Squirrelflight felt when he rejected her after Hollyleaf’s declaration in the gathering. But NOBODY thinks about WHY he did this. Everyone says “Oh, poor Squirrelflight, she was rejected by her own mate”. But think, put yourself in his situation. His “daughter” says, in front of the WHOLE gathering that the three aren’t his and Squirrelflight’s kits. His whole world was blown away. His mate LIED to him this whole time, and the kits that he tought were his, were actually a medicine cat’s and a cat of other clan’s. He felt BETRAYED and lost his honor in front of all the clans. Let’s give a look now at his past life.
Bramblekit and Tawnykit were born to Goldenflower and Tigerstar. TIGERSTAR was the GREATEST villian at that time. FIREHEART, his deputy, doubted him since he saw him the first time, in the nursery with his mom. Fireheart tought he was going to be as bad as his father. Later on, Fireheart took him as an apprentice. WHY? Because he didn’t trust him. NOBODY trusts him. And he knows it. He hears the other cats talking about the threat that his father was, but he HIMSELF didn’t know about his father’s crimes. One day he asks Firestar why everyone hates his father, and Firestar tells him the truth. Bramblepaw is shocked.
When his father achieves the leadership of Shadowclan, he sees his own sister go to Shadowclan because she didn’t felt trusted in Thunderclan. He is alone now.
When Tigerstar dies, he was still an apprentice, and he sees the emotionless look on his mother’s face. And he sees all the destruction his father brought to the clans.
A lot more happens in his life, but Ya’ know all.
Whe he saves Firestar from Hawkfrost, he thinks all the lack of trus, all the doubs, are over. But then, then, Hollyleaf says in front of EVERYONE, that what they had lived on the past seasons was all a LIE. He feels Betrayed.

Isn’t that tough? He deserves a lot more attention and more love. He already suffered much.

17 Replies to “Why Brambleclaw Deserves More Love (SPOILERS AHEAD) by Honeypelt”

1. September 7, 2017 at 1:03 pm

Nice article Honeypelt!

You’ve made some valid points. 🙂

Sorzi (爱猫者)
    Not coincidence

• Honeypelt
      September 7, 2017 at 1:46 pm

Thanks!

• Foxtail
      September 7, 2017 at 3:27 pm

Very good points! 👍🏽 I think lots of the Clan was hurt by the great secret (but it would have gotten out sooner or later). Brambleclaw and Squirrelflight have always had tough times anyway, but they always work it out in the end. I felt bad for both him and Squirrelflight.
      I like how he stood up for Hollyleaf about Ashfur’s death later on. He is such a good father and always will be. 🙂

2. September 7, 2017 at 4:42 pm

Good point Honeypelt 🙂 A lot of people like Brambleclaw but he’s not a sort of ‘favourite character’ cat, probably because he’s a main character. But of course we don’t see his PoV after The New Prophecy so I think what you said about how people focus on the character’s linked to him but not actually his own feelings is very true.

Be you, everyone else is taken

3. Maplepaw (Mapledrift)
    September 7, 2017 at 5:19 pm

I’ve never really had much of an option on Brambleclaw, I don’t love him or hate him but I do agree that some people think that the only thing to his character is his relationship with Sqirrelflight and I don’t agree with that

4. Prowlclaw
    September 7, 2017 at 10:27 pm

I agree with this, but the temper tantrum he threw afterward was just plain childish. When ever Squirrelflight attempted to talk it out with him, he was whiny about it. That is why I personally feel like he gets a lot of hate for that.

5. Sky
    September 7, 2017 at 10:50 pm

Nice job!

I personally think that Brambleclaw doesn’t deserve the amount of hate he gets.

2019, here I come!

6. Feather of an owl that floats over mountian (Owlfether)
    September 7, 2017 at 11:09 pm

nice article Honeypelt!! i definitely agree that Brambleclaw needs more love.

Where are the avocados?

7. Ebonypaw (Ebonygaze)
    September 8, 2017 at 2:12 am

Good article! I personally like all Bramblestar, Squirrelflight, Ashfur, and Hollyleaf (I feel like the only person who likes all of them).

WHO NEEDS A MAP?

8. Mintpaw(feather)/Mint That Grows Where Feathers Fall
    September 9, 2017 at 1:37 am

This is really interesting! Brambleclaw deserves more appreciation, I agree.

When in thorns, look for roses

• Sky
      September 9, 2017 at 1:52 am

😀 So do I!

2019, here I come!

9. Windspirit
    September 11, 2017 at 3:35 pm

OMG thank you so much for this! I love Brambleclaw he is the best in the history of the world!!! He soon deserves more love.

• Windspirit
      September 11, 2017 at 3:37 pm

I meant to right soo. Stupid auto correct.

10. Bluepaw (Blueheart)
    September 12, 2017 at 4:05 pm

Nice Article!! I like Brambleclaw. I had no grudge against him when he broke away from Squirrelflight (CoughcoughIknewitwasgoingtohappencoughcough)

11. Brightkit
    September 17, 2017 at 9:20 pm

Excellent work, Honeypelt. Brambleclaw definitely needs more love. I can’t understand why people hate him!

12. Silverleaf (Silverpaw)
    December 3, 2017 at 3:30 am

Brambleclaw’s one of my favorite characters!! 😀 I agree with you when everyone says that Squirrelflight is the one we should feel sorry for. I mean, yes, I do, but Brambleclaw faced so much pain as well. I spent a lot of time thinking about this, and what I realized was that Squirrelflight at least still had her parents and Leafpool: Brambleclaw had NO ONE else other than his mate and “kits”.

Anyway, great article!! 😀 (I know this a bit late, but whatever 😛)

13. Lightningstrike
    February 16, 2018 at 5:08 am

I love Bramblestar, and I think that he might be my favourite cat in the series. No way does he deserve the hate that he gets. He saved Firestar from his own brother, he rebelled against his father who was one of the most powerful cats ever, and he raised 3 wonderful kits. Not to mention what he had to deal with as an apprentice, with his whole clan doubting his loyalty.