Why Thrushpelt is a Great Character! by Sparktooth

Sparktooth takes a look at Thrushpelt.

Artist unknown (Source: Warrior Cats Wikia)

Guess what, bloggers? That’s right! Sparktooth is writing once again! I decided to make an article about one of my favorite characters, and bring more attention to him. The one and only: Thrushpelt! Here’s three reasons why this character needs more fans:

First one: How he answers to Bluestar’s feelings. Thrushpelt is best known for crushing on Bluefur(star), but never really getting his affections returned. I’ve always found it kind of sad this is what he’s known for. ‘Cause he’s actually a really great character, and Bluefur did like him; but as no more than a friend. Thrushpelt was very sweet to Bluefur, but you can’t help who you fall in love with. At least Thrushpelt accepted that she didn’t feel the same, but he still stuck by her side as a friend. He wasn’t like Ashfur, who attempted murder on four cats just because Squirrelflight rejected him. I mean, in real life, how would you want someone to react if you just liked them as a friend? Thrushpelt’s reaction shows how nice his personality is. It’s too bad he didn’t have any kits of his own. Which brings me to our second reason:

Second: If it wasn’t for Thrushpelt, the clan would’ve most likely figured Bluefur’s secret.
“‘You can tell the Clan I’m the father, if you want. I mean, if it makes things easier.’ Bluefur stared at him. ‘You’d really do that?’ Was she not the only cat willing to make a sacrifice for these kits? Thrushpelt nodded. ‘You how I feel about you, Bluefur. I’d do the best to make you happy, I promise. And I’ll love your kits as though they were really my own.’”
—Bluestar’s Prophecy, pg. 456.
Thrushpelt offered to pretend to be the kits’ father. If he had never done this, and the Clan discovered Oakheart was her mate, Bluefur probably wouldn’t have become leader. Thistleclaw would’ve then become leader; and I’m pretty sure everyone knows how that would end up. So in some ways, Thrushpelt kind of saved Thunderclan by his offer. He’s more of a hero then we realized.

Now for the last, but certainly not least, reason: The Clan needs more cats like Thrushpelt. He’s brave, loyal, and considerate., not to mention a good fighter. You see a little more of him like that in Spottedleaf’s Heart. Thrushpelt was Spottedpaw’s mentor when she was originally training to become a warrior. He makes sure he’s not rushing her training or taking it too slow. In other words, he started simple and gradually worked on. Also notice how optimistic Thrushpelt could be, especially when you think about personal things he’d dealt with. Bluefur was just his friend, and Spottedpaw decided she didn’t want to train as a warrior. He must’ve felt pretty bad. But he seemed to never let it show. Thunderclan definitely needs more cats who look on the brightside in dark times.

Well, that’s gonna wrap it up for this article! What did you think? Does Thrushpelt catch your attention a little more now? You’re probably thinking: Wow, Thrushpelt must be Sparktooth’s favorite character! Correction, Graystripe is my favorite character, with Thrushpelt close behind. 😀 Hope you enjoyed.

Fan Articles

Aquapaw(cloud)
Aquapaw(cloud)
September 23, 2017 12:09 am

Wow, I never thought about Thrushpelt that way. I was glad that he didn’t do an Ashfur, and he really was a good cat. Great article Sparktooth!😁👍

Foxtail
Foxtail
September 23, 2017 12:21 am

I LOVE Thrushpelt!!!! Ok admittedly, I haven’t read Bluestar’s Prophecy but I really want to!!! I know who Thrushpelt is and ever since I heard about him I liked him a lot. 😊 Great article, Sparktooth!

Thrushpelt = My ideal mate XD (ok he's next to Graystripe whose a loving humorous mate and Brackenfur who is just an amazing father. And Brambleclaw)

Shimmerfrost
Shimmerfrost
September 23, 2017 12:30 am

Finally, someone else who likes Thrushpelt! Most people I talk to don’t like him and compare him a lot to Bumblestripe. I think Thrush would have been a better fit for Bluestar than Oakheart, but I guess she wouldn’t have been happy with him- for reasons I can’t fathom. Anyways, I love this article! Good job~

Bluefire who is also Jaysky
Bluefire who is also Jaysky
September 23, 2017 12:46 am

I totally agree. We need more Thrushpelts!!! I will make a Thrushpelt-like cat in a fanfic!

Sky
Sky
September 23, 2017 1:38 am

Good article! I agree, I’ve always seen Thrushpelt as how a lot of heart-broken cats should have been.

I still ship BlueXOak.

I think Bumblestripe and Ashfur should both have followed Thrushpelt’s example.

Sorrelpaw [Sorrelstream] aka Sorzi
Sorrelpaw [Sorrelstream] aka Sorzi
September 23, 2017 1:48 am

YESYESYES THRUSHPELT FANS UNITE
Great article 😀

Mistypaw loves Winterwatcher (and wished that it was canon)
Mistypaw loves Winterwatcher (and wished that it was canon)
September 23, 2017 3:40 am

Yup! Thrushpelt is amazing! Nice article! (I finally remembered to say that 🙂 )

Waiting Impatiently for the Dawn of January 16 (Dawnpaw/Dawnbringer)
Waiting Impatiently for the Dawn of January 16 (Dawnpaw/Dawnbringer)
September 23, 2017 5:32 am

Good article! I like Thrushpelt as well.

Jetclaw
Jetclaw
September 23, 2017 5:33 am

Thank you, it’s nice to have someone give Thrushpelt the credit he deserves. He is a true example of how someone in love should act. I do wish he’d gotten a chance to be happy, I think he’d have made a fine adopted father to Bluestars kits if he’d been given the chance.

I have a mental image of him in StarClan and confronting Oakheart asking him if he raised Bluestars kits well and that he’d treated Bluestar right. Not like a jealous Ashfur type but more of a ‘I think the world of this she-cat, and I will be darned if you didn’t treat her right and raise her kits with all the love and made sure they wanted for nothing’.

Sometimes I wonder what if Sunstar had waited and chose Bluefur but had other cats help her while she raised her kits. Or why couldn’t Goosefeather actually be useful and pass on his prophecy to Sunstar or have Featherwhisker be his interpretator. It wouldn’t be the first time StarClan did the living a solid like that.

I dunno it frustrates me a great deal that Sunstar would be so shortsighted to only focus on having a deputy right away rather than picking who he felt was his best choice in successor. I mean yeah it’d be difficult, but Tawnyspots didn’t die, he could’ve been a stand in while Bluefur spent her six moons in the nursery, or a temp could’ve handled the duties. Maybe even give Thistleclaw the position temporarily and see how he reacts when he realizes it’s only temporary. I dunno on one hand I get it but at the same time why can’t kits just be mothered by their mothers, and I really would’ve liked to see Thrushpelt as a kind and caring father figure to the kits I just. For once I’d like to see a not sad ending to Bluefur keeping her kits, I don’t care how realistic it is, it’s still a possibility.

Anyways we’re still talking about Thrushpelt and you covered the two big points him being the best cat ever to have fall in love with you, how selfless he was to agree to be the stand in father for kits he KNEW weren’t his. And you added the points of how good a mentor he was with Spottedpaw.

But yeah, I just want a happy Bluefur keeps her kits and everything does not go horribly wrong story, can I have that please? Father Thrushpelt would be adorable and awww, but even I can realize there wouldn’t be as much conflict but ooohhh I want it so bad.

Anyways Thrushpelt sets the bar for every unrequited love in Warriors. This guy deserves like one of the most comfortable spots in StarClan. Just he’s great.

Brightwing - Bright Wing Of Mountain Bluebird
Brightwing - Bright Wing Of Mountain Bluebird
September 23, 2017 7:44 am

Awesome article Sharptooth! I often forget about Thrushpelt because he only plays a part in 3 books,
but I hope he gets more credit after this 😃

Brightkit
Brightkit
September 23, 2017 2:09 pm

Great article, Sparktooth! I believe Thrushpelt is underrated. I liked the idea of Bluestar and Thrushpelt more that Bluestar and Oakheart, actually. I liked Thrushpelt from the moment he was mentioned. Finally, here comes along somebody who likes Thrushpelt as much as I do 😀

Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
September 23, 2017 10:29 pm

Thrushpelt is the warrior that Ashfur should have been. Does anyone here agree?

Also, you’re the only one that seemed to enjoy Spottedleaf’s Heart, sorry to say. :I

🏳️‍🌈 Duskthorn 🏳️‍🌈