Why Mapleshade’s Victims Were Innocent! by Sparktooth

Sparktooth talks about Mapleshade’s victims.

Art by byStarCat

Yep, it’s happening once again, bloggers. Sparktooth is writing another article! I’ve been unintentionally rereading a lot of warriors books that feature Mapleshade in them. (The Last Hope, Crookedstar’s Promise, Mapleshade’s Vengeance, etc.) So she’s been on my mind lately. And I got to thinking about how the first three cats she killed to avenge her kits(Ravenwing, Frecklewish, and Appledusk) seem innocent. Here’s a list and why I think they are.

Ravenwing:
Apparently, Mapleshade killed Ravenwing because he told her secret about her kits to ThunderClan. But he was just following the Warrior Code. He knew it was wrong to lie, and had to do the right thing by telling Oakstar. It was Oakstar who exiled Mapleshade, not Ravenwing! So why did she follow him to the moonstone and murder him? As if that wasn’t bad enough, uncovering his body was going way too far! I honestly thought she would kill Oakstar, but I guess not.

Frecklewish:
She was so excited to know her brother’s(Birchface) kits would be in the Clan. So of course she would be angry when the truth was revealed. Oakstar sent her to check and make sure Mapleshade left the territory. Apparently, she watched as Mapleshade tried to cross the river with her kits. Maybe she was blinded by grief because Mapleshade lied. I hear that excuse for Mapleshade a lot. And she couldn’t have known the kits would die. I found it cruel when Mapleshade used the snake on her when she knew ThunderClan had no medicine cat.

Appledusk (And Reedshine and her unborn kits):
Okay, I wrote an article defending Appledusk and Reedshine. I’m gonna be quoting pretty much everything from that so if you’ve read that article you can skip this one. Anyway, Appledusk had a right to turn his back on Mapleshade. What would you do if your so-called mate killed your kids? Plus, Reedshine had no idea about Mapleshade, so of course she was trying to get Appledusk’s attention. Appledusk maybe loved her more, or truly belonged to RiverClan. But him leaving Mapleshade is not a good excuse to kill him. When Shellheart left Rainflower she never killed him! Also,, when Appledusk died saving Reedshine and her kits, I was like, “Oh my gosh! That is so sweet!”

So there’s my opinion for you. Do you agree with any of them? Thank you so much for reading and I hope to see you next time! 😀

Fan Articles

Notify of
Rosepetal
Rosepetal
November 5, 2017 10:07 pm

I completely disagree with this article. Sorry.

stalkingdragon
stalkingdragon
April 3, 2020 7:34 pm
Reply to  Rosepetal

so do i mapleshad my fav cat

HollyleafTheGreat
HollyleafTheGreat
May 24, 2020 9:59 pm
Reply to  stalkingdragon

Read Crookedstar’s Promise. I guarantee you that Mapleshade will be on your top 10 most hated cats list.

Stormy Moon That Hides Halloween Candy In Shadow ~ Storm Shadow aka Stormpaw
Stormy Moon That Hides Halloween Candy In Shadow ~ Storm Shadow aka Stormpaw
August 20, 2020 4:03 pm

All of the cats Mapleshade killed are guilty. Appledusk got Reedshine pregnant and never told Mapleshade. Like what where you going to do?! Wait until Reedshine’s kits where born so Mapleshade could find out for herself at a gathering? And then he blamed Mapleshade for “HIS” kits death! And she was obviously heart broken when she found out they where dead, then again when she found out Appledusk had a new mate! That was about to have his kits! Then Ravenwing. He didn’t have to tell the clan obviously, he could have kept it a secret and had some sympathy, but he told them anyway and that resulted in Mapleshade’s kits being killed and him murdered (plus Appledusk and Frecklewish) and Frecklewish. She could have helped, but she just watched thinking they where okay. She’s a freaking medicine cat! If Ravenwing was struggling to help a Windclan cat bleeding to death would she just stand there and watch thinking that the cat would be ok with Ravenwing helping? Or would she help get moss and herbs to stop the bleeding? I think all of the cats deserved to be killed (Although I kind of liked Frecklewish)

Wren that Flies with Feathers(Wrenkitfeather)
Wren that Flies with Feathers(Wrenkitfeather)
January 28, 2018 3:22 am

Well Ravenwing and Appledusk are 1 percent innocent(because I LOVE Mapleshade). But Frecklewish is not. She broke rule 12 of the Warrior Code:never neglect a kit that is in pain or in danger,even if it is from another Clan.

I'm in me mum's cAr
I'm in me mum's cAr
June 25, 2018 6:31 pm

Frecklewish was a ThunderClan cat, hence she could not swim. Mapleshade was also an adult she-cat, yet she needed to be saved. There is no reason that it should be different for Frecklewish. And it was stressed out at least a handful of times that she would’ve tried to help if there was no RiverClan patrol.

mr poop man!!!

HollyleafTheGreat
HollyleafTheGreat
May 24, 2020 10:05 pm

That’s a point of view I didn’t consider… I think she could have maybe done something, but I do think you make a good point.

HollyleafTheGreat
HollyleafTheGreat
May 24, 2020 10:06 pm

I agree with you on Frecklewish, but I must assume that, because you LOVE Mapleshade, you’ve never read Crookedstar’s Promise. If you had, you’re entire perspective would change.

Stormy Moon That Hides Halloween Candy In Shadow ~ Storm Shadow aka Stormpaw
Stormy Moon That Hides Halloween Candy In Shadow ~ Storm Shadow aka Stormpaw
August 20, 2020 3:49 pm

that’s totally not true. I still love Mapleshade as a character and I have read Crookedstar’s promise, actually bought it-

Sienna
Sienna
August 17, 2020 7:09 pm

Yes you are right finnaly someone who understands that Frecklewish deserved her death.

REEE
REEE
September 7, 2020 6:24 pm
Reply to  Sienna

I don’t think she deserved death she thought the kits would’ve been okay.

Splash in Rippling River [is this a trend now]
Splash in Rippling River [is this a trend now]
October 14, 2020 7:44 pm
Reply to  REEE

If you were at a school shooting, do you expect someone else to save the students, or would you lend a hand?

Bai-bai
PS. I like chzburgers

-Rain That Thrums Endlessly on Rooftops (Rainpaw/spirit)-
-Rain That Thrums Endlessly on Rooftops (Rainpaw/spirit)-
February 22, 2018 1:27 am

I agree with you for Ravenwing and partly for Appledusk, as it was kind of his fault for mating with Reedshine without notifying Mapleshade at any time. I disagree for Frecklewish as even though Frecklewish blamed Appledusk for killing Birchface, that was after Mapleshade and Appledusk were mating. Mapleshade never new Appledusk would do that, so Frecklewish shouldn’t take out all of her anger onto Mapleshade. Then, when Frecklewish was watching Mapleshade’s kits drown, she should have helped, or at least watched to see if the kits would have any rescue. She shouldn’t have just assumed that the kits would be fine.

Meow meow

Creekdapple
Creekdapple
April 27, 2018 12:46 am

Same, I agree that Mapleshade’s victims are innocent in and of themselves. However, I do think that, when put together, their actions do justify Mapleshade’s anger. (Not her decision to kill innocent cats, though) Ravenwing could’ve been a bit more understanding and helpful to Mapleshade, especially considering that medicine cats are supposed to stand apart from Clan rivalries, but that’s just my standards, and I definitely get why he told everyone. I wonder, though, if Mapleshade would still have gone to the Dark Forest if Yellowfang was in StarClan deciding? Just something I’ve been wondering, since she defended Ashfur.

REUNIFY THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAANSS

Mapleshadedefender
Mapleshadedefender
September 28, 2018 4:08 pm

Frecklewish broke the warrior code, if she saw kits in a flooding river, her reaction should be “SAVE THEM!” Not, “OMG, I WONDER WHAT’S GONNA HAPPEN!”
Appledusk took Mapleshade as a mate and then Reedshine, Appledusk was just protecting his bloodline, so he was just a fox-heart. I guess Ravenwing was okay, though.

Moonstar101
Moonstar101
May 11, 2020 5:47 am

i feel that they aren’t innocent but she should have just at least injured them where they would have a scar for the rest of their life like to make on of there legs crippled or blind in one eye or somthin like that……. i mean i would do that if i was a cat warrior i wish i was lol

falling feather
falling feather
June 11, 2020 10:32 pm
Reply to  Moonstar101

becomes a cat to cripple another cat 😛
XD

✧ epic pfp by goldi! ✧

HollyleafTheGreat
HollyleafTheGreat
May 24, 2020 9:57 pm

I’m kind of in a middle ground here. Let me explain: Mapleshade, in a state of grief and declining sanity, sees visions, decides she has to get revenge, and because she places blame on multiple cats her mind manifests her having to avenge each one. But these visions are not real, and her kits are already happy in StarClan. StarClan does not know about her visions and sends her to the Dark Forest. I agree that Reedshine and her unborn kits is so unreasonable, Appledusk was a jerk but that’s not a crime, and Ravenwing has right to report them. But Frecklewish… Yeah, she kinda deserved it. She watched them and did nothing. So, I don’t think that her victims were innocent, but I don’t think they meant any harm, and I think Mapleshade was losing her mind, so I don’t think anyone’s completely justified or unjustified (except Frecklewish, she broke the Warrior Code by doing nothing to save three kits).

Stormy Moon That Hides Halloween Candy In Shadow ~ Storm Shadow aka Stormpaw
Stormy Moon That Hides Halloween Candy In Shadow ~ Storm Shadow aka Stormpaw
August 20, 2020 3:46 pm

I think Mapleshade deserved to be in starclan

Shadowcat219
Shadowcat219
June 22, 2020 6:37 pm

I completely disagree. First of all, if I was Mapleshade, and Ravenwing exposed me, I would totally get revenge on him! It wouldn’t have killed him to keep her secret.
Second, Frecklewish broke Rule 12 of the warrior code and watched her kits die while doing nothing to help them.
Third, dude, her kits died! Have some sympathy for her! Good God! She was just trying to find acceptance in her mate’s Clan.
Fourth, Appledusk hurt her so much by taking Reedshine as a mate. All her victims deserved what happened to them.
(Fifth, Mapleshade is my fav character, don’t throw her under the bus.)

Stormy Moon That Hides Halloween Candy In Shadow ~ Storm Shadow aka Stormpaw
Stormy Moon That Hides Halloween Candy In Shadow ~ Storm Shadow aka Stormpaw
August 20, 2020 3:42 pm
Reply to  Shadowcat219

I agree with everything you say so I don’t think there is any point in me stating it again

REEE
REEE
September 7, 2020 6:23 pm

I agree with you both I don’t think Appledusk should’ve gotten mercy. He abandoned his mate when she came to Riverclan and blamed her for the death of her kits but I can kinda agree why did she bring her kits to Riverclan on a stormy day. She could’ve waited for a riverclan patrol. Anyways back to Appledusk. He should’ve got punished as well. Now to Maple, Frecklewish didn’t know that they died she had suspected they were saved so she killed her for no reason. Now Ravenwing, I don’t like his character but he could’ve at least had sympathy on her maybe convinced Oakstar to let her stay. But he was just doing the duty of a medicine cat.

Splash in Rippling River [is this a trend now]
Splash in Rippling River [is this a trend now]
October 14, 2020 7:41 pm

Number One:
There were some forbidden couples and kits *Cough* LeafxCrow *Cough* who didn’t get banished from their Clan. That’s probably because the Erins favor Firestar. Next one.
Number Two:
It is ON THE WARRIOR CODE THAT YOU HAVE TO SAVE A KIT, NO MATTER WHAT CLAN OR WHO’S KITS. Next.
Number Three:
Appledusk is stupid. You try to save three five year olds in a flooded river. Besides, when Shellheart left Rainflower, she didn’t have hallucinations of her dead kits telling her to avenge their deaths. Mapleshade deserved better and Appledusk deserved to die and fade and Reedshine is just, innocent, but you can blame APPLEBUTT for me hating her.

Bai-bai
PS. I like chzburgers

Cinderfall
Cinderfall
October 19, 2020 1:35 pm

I am impressed by the amount of people who love Mapleshade. She is so overrated. And besides, I agree with some things. Appledusk was an idiot, And Ravenwing was just doing his job. As a Frecklewish, I was in doubt, but didn’t she think Mapleshade and her kits were already safe? Anyway, I don’t remember. And Mapleshade is responsible for the death of his kits. She crossed a river while a STORM was going on, and she just crossed over because she didn’t want to wait. That was stupid and selfish. As for Reedshine, she did nothing wrong, but also did nothing right. As an Oakstar, he was very selfish in exile kits, but Mapleshade is the queen of being selfish. I’m taking some of the points that Bright Guardian Akira made in his video with Moonkitti, and talking about why he hates Mapleshade. So the conclusion is that all cats in Mapleshade’s Vengeance are guilty, except for poor kits and Reedshine (I don’t like Reedshine, but in my view she is not guilty)

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch