Where do Rusty’s dreams come from?

Sunpaw ponders the origin of Firestar’s dreams.

Art by Romashik Arts

Hey everybody, Sunlightning here and today I’ll be trying something different: a Warrior Cats Theory! Today’s theory will be: Where did Rusty’s dreams come from?
Major spoiler warning if you haven’t read Warriors.
Be warned.
So are you still watching? If you are, it either means you’ve read it or you haven’t and don’t mind spoilers.
In the sixth book of the first series, Darkest Hour, Firestar said to Cinderpelt “I’ve had prophetic dreams since I was kittypet, but I’m not sure where they came from.” Or something like that, then Cinderpelt replied “In the end, all dreams come from StarClan”. SO I’m going to see if she is right or not.

So the first option is: SkyClan’s Starclan, this’ll be one of the shortest options, so if rusty never came to the forest and became Firestar, SkyClan would’ve never been restored. Also, Brambleclaw would’ve never became deputy so he would’ve neve rbacame Bramblestar so he wouldn’t accept violetkit and twigkit into ThunderClan. If he didn’t, they would’ve died on the Thunderpath and Twigpaw would’ve never took SkyClan to the forest

Then the second option is The Tribe of Endless Hunting: So if rusty never came to the forest Graystripe wouldn’t’ve gotten helped to bring his kits to RiverClan and Feathertail wouldn’t’ve saved the Tribe of Rushing Water from Sharptooth.

The third option is: The Dark forest If rusty never came the forest, he wouldn’t’ve met Sandstorm to have kits so they can have kits so prophecy can come true, so the Dark Forest can rise. According to Rock, if the three had never been born the dark forest wouldn’t’ve got the power to rise. Also, Tigerstar would’ve never been sent to Dark Forest because Scourge killed him to show his power to Firestar.
The last option is: StarClan: What Cinderpelt said, so the evidence is: If the three hadn’t been born, the dark forest might’ve risen without any protection so the clans would be destroyed, also Firestar would’ve never convinced the clans to go on the great journey because he wouldn’t exist with the clans. Finally, if he didn’t come to the forest, Tigerstar would be leader of ThunderClan because there was no one to prove him being guilty.

I’m trying to say that this right, for all I know it could be all four. When I didn’t consider StarClan, like I did during the beginning I was thinking the Dark Forest but now I’m still going towards the Dark Forest. Tell me in the comments what option you think is true and until next time Sunlightning out and don’t forget, have fun!

Fan Articles

Notify of
Insert Halloween Name Here Duskpaw
Insert Halloween Name Here Duskpaw
October 16, 2017 5:02 am

Nice article! That would be really interesting if the dreams came from the Dark Forest… 🤔🤔🤔

Insert Halloween Name Here Duskpaw
Insert Halloween Name Here Duskpaw
October 16, 2017 5:05 am

Le gasp
Who is the speedy mod??? 🤔
Free cookies-> 🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪

Russetfeather
Russetfeather
October 16, 2017 5:08 am

It be me

She's a mod…that talks!

Insert Halloween Name Here Duskpaw
Insert Halloween Name Here Duskpaw
October 16, 2017 5:09 am
Reply to  Russetfeather

Hiii russet!!! 😀😀😀

Waiting Impatiently for the Dawn of January 16 (Dawnpaw/Dawnbringer)
Waiting Impatiently for the Dawn of January 16 (Dawnpaw/Dawnbringer)
October 16, 2017 5:09 am
Reply to  Russetfeather

You’re super speedy today, Russet! *hands speeding ticket*

January 16 is a special day...

Waiting Impatiently for the Dawn of January 16 (Dawnpaw/Dawnbringer)
Waiting Impatiently for the Dawn of January 16 (Dawnpaw/Dawnbringer)
October 16, 2017 5:08 am

Nice article! This is really interesting the way you put it!

January 16 is a special day...

🎷Wavesplash 🎷
🎷Wavesplash 🎷
October 16, 2017 5:25 am

Nice article! I assume they came from StarClan since they give the prophecies and they gave the fire prophecy around the same time that Rusty started having his dreams. Besides, I don’t think the Dark Forest has that much foresight.

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

Fawkes Tail's Evil Twin
Fawkes Tail's Evil Twin
October 16, 2017 5:31 am

Wow this is so interesting! I honestly don’t know either where his dreams came from but it’s cool to think about. Nice job! This was well done. 🙂

Dr. Jetclaw and Ms. Hyde
Dr. Jetclaw and Ms. Hyde
October 16, 2017 11:03 am

While it’s interesting to consider all these reasons, at the end of the day StarClan would be the one most eager to get Firestar into the forest to save ThunderClan.

SkyClan wouldn’t be interested in Firestar, until after he’d become leader and had the ability to reform their clan. They wouldn’t care about his presence being needed to help save the clans who threw them out. And even if they were, they’re still StarClan, and connected to them by name even if they’re separated at that time.

While yes the Dark Forest would want Firestar for their eventual rise that was 2 arcs away. Plus if you think about it, it’s the most risky vengeance of all since it risks their very existence by coming back up to fight again. If anything they’d want to dissuade him from coming. Then Tigerstar plans would go uninterrupted, he’d have likely taken over, and even if he hadn’t the fire needed to save the clans would be absent and the clans would lose the cat who fought so hard to protect them and preserve them. So simply for the sake of it likely have been the easier way to get rid of the clans, had the Dark Forest any ability to press their will on Rusty they would’ve tried to keep him out.

Tribe of Endless hunting, again who’s to say a Graystripe wouldn’t still have Feathertail with Silverstream. Or who’s to say another cat wouldn’t be born to make the sacrifice?

Also one last thing I’d like to add, let’s take out all their reasons why or why not these groups of ancestors would or wouldn’t speak to Firestar. They’re all in some way connected to StarClan. The Dark Forest is StarClans exiles, the tribe of endless hunting was the pre StarClan, and SkyClans StarClan is just an offshoot of StarClan. In other words all dreams from them, have a connection to StarClan. Although admittedly the DF has the weakest but it’s still there.

Sky
Sky
October 16, 2017 11:55 am

Interesting! I still think that it’s StarClan, though.

2019, here I come!

Sorrelpaw [Sorrelstream] aka Sorzi
Sorrelpaw [Sorrelstream] aka Sorzi
October 16, 2017 12:10 pm

Cool reasoning!! Haha what IF his dreams came from the Dark Forest?! 😀 That’d be fun

Sorzi (爱猫者)
Not coincidence

You've Caught a Wild Sparky! (Sparktooth)
You've Caught a Wild Sparky! (Sparktooth)
October 16, 2017 1:39 pm

Great Article! I truly believe StarClan sent him the dreams, in hope Rusty would be inspired to wander into the woods so the Prophecy: Fire Alone Can Save Our Clan, would be fulfilled. I also think this makes the most sense also because StarClan walked the skies nearest to Rusty’s house. But your theories also make good points 😀 .

Never. Stop. Creating.

Jaypaw
Jaypaw
October 16, 2017 1:50 pm

Nice article! I think it’s probably StarClan.

Brightwing - Bright Wing Of Mountain Bluebird
Brightwing - Bright Wing Of Mountain Bluebird
October 16, 2017 7:01 pm

Really interesting! I don’t really know…they were probably from StarClan I guess.

Click the name, join the Clan!

Bluebell the Floating Shopping List
Bluebell the Floating Shopping List
October 16, 2017 10:08 pm

great article 😀

smitty werbenjägermanjensen

oakfart
oakfart
October 18, 2017 2:01 am

i agree great job

maplestorm
maplestorm
November 1, 2017 9:16 pm

it’s the sky clan star clan

Sunpaw
Sunpaw
February 6, 2018 4:21 am
Reply to  maplestorm

Ok, where’d you hear that?

Sunlightning

Sunpaw
Sunpaw
February 6, 2018 4:23 am

Ravenpaw would also probably be dead

Sunlightning

Sunpaw
Sunpaw
March 28, 2018 8:26 pm
Reply to  Sunpaw

but he is.

Sunlightning

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch