Why Ravenpaw Deserves a Warrior Name by Bluefire

Bluefire explains the reasoning behind Ravenpaw’s name.

Artwork by TrashScoot

Okay, here’s a few reasons why Ravenpaw (a VIC [very important character] from the Prophecies Begin arc) deserves his warrior name.

1. He was the only one who witnessed Tigerclaw kill Redtail. If he hadn’t, who knows what Tigerclaw/star could’ve gotten away with? Ever Firestar (Firepaw/heart at the time) wouldn’t have had any reason not to trust him!! He’d probably have ended up taking over Thunderclan, then slowly the rest of the forest! So Ravenpaw definitely deserves a warrior name for that.

2. He was brave enough to stand up to Tigerclaw, in his own way. He was kind of shy and jumpy, but he stood up to Tigerclaw/star and told his friends Firepaw and Greypaw what was going on. If he hadn’t, well, Tigerclaw probably would’ve killed him just in case, and what happened for the first reason would still happen.

3. He existed. Ravenpaw was a very important part of the arc, pretty much a main character. If he hadn’t existed, there would’ve been no one to witness Tigerclaw’s actions in the first place. Also, Ravenpaw, along with Barley, helped the Windclan cats when they’d been pushed from their territory, and helped the leaders and medicine cats while they went to visit the moonstone.

4. He was loyal to his clan. Even though it meant disobeying his mentor, he was willing to risk his life to make sure that Thunderclan wasn’t taken over by an evil dictator (cough TIGERCLAW cough). Even if Firepaw and Greypaw whisked him away to Barley’s farm in the end, he probably lived every day after that battle knowing that Tigerclaw could come and kill him at any moment for what he knew. But he never tried to run away on his own. He stayed until his friends made him leave (for his own good, of course).

5. He’s RAVENPAW. I mean, if Firestar deserves to be leader, Ravenpaw at least deserves a warrior name. Come on, people.

So, if we’re all agreed, I’d like to hear some suggestions for a warrior name for Ravenpaw. I’ve got a couple…..

Ravenheart
Ravensong
Ravenwing
Ravenbreeze
Ravenflight

If you have any other suggestions, post them in the comments. Please don’t suggest Ravenfeather though, the suffix ‘feather’ is way too overused in my opinion (AHEM Crowfeather and Jayfeather).

I hope you enjoyed the article!

Fan Articles

Notify of
Stormy
Stormy
May 6, 2020 5:12 am

I always felt his name would be Ravenpool. It’s a calm, gentle sounding name, much like himself.

I'm obsessed with battle cats-

raven3clispe
raven3clispe
May 21, 2020 7:07 pm
Reply to  Stormy

isn’t pool more of a medicine cat name because it means wisdom? IDK just something I heard

springhare
springhare
June 27, 2020 1:03 pm
Reply to  raven3clispe

I think Ravenspring is a good name

🌒💖🌖Hollykit(frost) thinks Moons is awesome🌔💖🌘
🌒💖🌖Hollykit(frost) thinks Moons is awesome🌔💖🌘
June 18, 2020 5:15 am
Reply to  Stormy

He is no where near calm and gentle XD

Cake alone will save our blog.

CloudstreamIsMedCatOfThunderclan
CloudstreamIsMedCatOfThunderclan
May 15, 2020 6:19 pm

I personally have always thought his name would be Ravenspeak. If he hadn’t spoken up to Firepaw and Graypaw, who knows what could have happened!

Splish Splash Halloween is a Bash (SpLaShY!)
Splish Splash Halloween is a Bash (SpLaShY!)
May 21, 2020 6:31 pm

PLEASE NOT RAVENWING. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE. RAVENWING IS ALREADY A CANON FROM MAPLESHADE’S VENGENCE, AND HE IS HORRIBLE. I would suggest Raventail, Ravenfeather, or Ravenflight

ASHPOSTER

~`ωᴏƖғѕᴘɪяɪᴛ`~ (𝑊𝑜𝑙𝑓 𝑜𝑓 𝑀𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑦 𝑆𝑝𝑖𝑟𝑖𝑡)
~`ωᴏƖғѕᴘɪяɪᴛ`~ (𝑊𝑜𝑙𝑓 𝑜𝑓 𝑀𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑦 𝑆𝑝𝑖𝑟𝑖𝑡)
May 21, 2020 6:41 pm

I AGREE
BUT
I searched, “ravenpaw warrior name” and it says RAVENWING OMG NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Copy and paste from my Google Search:
Ravenwing (in big bolded words)
Warrior Cats Facts! Ravenpaw’s warrior name would be Ravenwing.Jun 12, 2017
No!! But umm, Ravenpaw’s dead 🙁 He died in Ravenpaw’s Farewell (well, I never read it but now I know why that title has that title)

1M art WIPS; NTA Checking Trio

Bronze where Earth Strikes
Bronze where Earth Strikes
June 17, 2020 8:44 am

Ravenwing was that ThunderClan medicine cat killed by Maple 🍁 shade

Splish Splash Halloween is a Bash (SpLaShY!)
Splish Splash Halloween is a Bash (SpLaShY!)
June 17, 2020 6:47 pm

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! IT SHOULD BE RAVENFEATHER! HE’S GRACEFUL, KIND, SHY, QUIET, AND ALL OF THE QUALITIES FOR ‘FEATHER’ NO! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Boo to Ravenwing, Frecklewish the sucker that im going to eat in a painful way, and (I don’t have anything against Appledusk, Reedshine, or Mapleshade) Oakstar and Darkstar

ASHPOSTER

🌒💖🌖Hollykit(frost) thinks Moons is awesome🌔💖🌘
🌒💖🌖Hollykit(frost) thinks Moons is awesome🌔💖🌘
June 18, 2020 5:17 am

Graceful, kind, shy, quiet.. why do people think Ravenpaw is like that?

Cake alone will save our blog.

Lionclaw!!!
Lionclaw!!!
September 28, 2020 12:30 am

yes but so is the ivytail thing and Ravenwing swore a Code to StarClan besides there was a Omen how would he know it states he was only a alone med-cat for a few moons

Lionclaw!!!
Lionclaw!!!
September 28, 2020 12:30 am

Lionclaw!!!
Lionclaw!!!
September 28, 2020 12:30 am

The Masked Tterror (Shatteredmask)
The Masked Tterror (Shatteredmask)
May 21, 2020 6:36 pm

RavenSTAR

armed with a newspaper

Something that does something (Moonpelt/paw)
Moonpelt
May 21, 2020 7:00 pm

YES! That is the perfect name!!!!!!

Splish Splash Halloween is a Bash (SpLaShY!)
Splish Splash Halloween is a Bash (SpLaShY!)
June 17, 2020 6:47 pm

Yas!

ASHPOSTER

~`ωᴏƖғѕᴘɪяɪᴛ`~ (𝑊𝑜𝑙𝑓 𝑜𝑓 𝑀𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑦 𝑆𝑝𝑖𝑟𝑖𝑡)
~`ωᴏƖғѕᴘɪяɪᴛ`~ (𝑊𝑜𝑙𝑓 𝑜𝑓 𝑀𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑦 𝑆𝑝𝑖𝑟𝑖𝑡)
May 21, 2020 6:44 pm

😡😭😫WHY DID RAVENPAW HAVE TO DIE

1M art WIPS; NTA Checking Trio

raven3clispe
raven3clispe
May 21, 2020 7:05 pm

ya, I agree. Ravenpaw’s my favourite and I wish Firestar had given him his warrior name before they left the forest to find their new home

Leafsong
Leafsong
May 23, 2020 8:56 pm

Hi! I have some name suggestions ^^

Ravenshade
Ravenfrost
Ravenfoot
Ravenstorm (this is cringe XD)
Ravenflame

---------------
#CatsForeverXD

M-cat has writer’s block so she is angry >:3 (Moonkit/M-cat)
M-cat has writer’s block so she is angry >:3 (Moonkit/M-cat)
May 29, 2020 6:25 am

So in my Fanfiction I have a cat named ravenclaw (don’t use it please) and I looked it up to see if it was taken, and somewhere I found that Erin hunter said his warrior name would be Ravenwing

Mah name is clickable

🌒💖🌖Hollykit(frost) thinks Moons is awesome🌔💖🌘
🌒💖🌖Hollykit(frost) thinks Moons is awesome🌔💖🌘
June 18, 2020 5:11 pm

Ravenclaw is a Hogwarts house. I think someone will end up basing an oc off of that

Cake alone will save our blog.

Duskwing0warrior
Duskwing0warrior
May 31, 2020 5:32 pm

I think Ravenfire would fit him very well, because he told Firestar, as Firepaw, about Tigerclaw, also Fire alone will save the clans, Firepaw, Heart, Star couldn’t have saved the clans if he hadn’t been told about Tigerclaw being evil, which Ravenpaw told him about. Do you see my point? So I personally think it Should be Ravenfire, or Ravenstar, because wouldn’t he make a good leader people? Please tell me if you agree about his name being Ravenfire. Thanks you, also go to Quotev.com and look up Duskwing and please check out my story’s! Thanks so much!

Drizzlestar
Drizzlestar
August 23, 2020 7:36 pm

I like Ravensong.

Lionclaw!!!
Lionclaw!!!
September 28, 2020 12:28 am

No Ravenstorm or Ravenfeather but what about Ravencloud

Shimmersplash
Shimmersplash
October 23, 2020 8:54 pm

If you read the Ravenpaw novella you know his name is SPOILER ALERT!!!!!! ravenwing

Embers of an Autumn Dawn (Emberdawn)
Embers of an Autumn Dawn (Emberdawn)
October 23, 2020 9:12 pm
Reply to  Shimmersplash

Actually, no! Ravenpaw denied receiving a warrior name from StarClan, as well as denying to take a place in StarClan in favour of going with Barley to wherever Barley goes when he eventually passes on. Ravenwing is what Cherith would have liked to name Ravenpaw IF he ever became a warrior/accepted a warrior name.

Moderator, BlogClan's Deputy

Shimmersplash
Shimmersplash
October 23, 2020 8:55 pm

It was Ravenpaws Farewell and He got his name before he died.

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch