Bluefire explains the reasoning behind Ravenpaw’s name.
Okay, here’s a few reasons why Ravenpaw (a VIC [very important character] from the Prophecies Begin arc) deserves his warrior name.
1. He was the only one who witnessed Tigerclaw kill Redtail. If he hadn’t, who knows what Tigerclaw/star could’ve gotten away with? Ever Firestar (Firepaw/heart at the time) wouldn’t have had any reason not to trust him!! He’d probably have ended up taking over Thunderclan, then slowly the rest of the forest! So Ravenpaw definitely deserves a warrior name for that.
2. He was brave enough to stand up to Tigerclaw, in his own way. He was kind of shy and jumpy, but he stood up to Tigerclaw/star and told his friends Firepaw and Greypaw what was going on. If he hadn’t, well, Tigerclaw probably would’ve killed him just in case, and what happened for the first reason would still happen.
3. He existed. Ravenpaw was a very important part of the arc, pretty much a main character. If he hadn’t existed, there would’ve been no one to witness Tigerclaw’s actions in the first place. Also, Ravenpaw, along with Barley, helped the Windclan cats when they’d been pushed from their territory, and helped the leaders and medicine cats while they went to visit the moonstone.
4. He was loyal to his clan. Even though it meant disobeying his mentor, he was willing to risk his life to make sure that Thunderclan wasn’t taken over by an evil dictator (cough TIGERCLAW cough). Even if Firepaw and Greypaw whisked him away to Barley’s farm in the end, he probably lived every day after that battle knowing that Tigerclaw could come and kill him at any moment for what he knew. But he never tried to run away on his own. He stayed until his friends made him leave (for his own good, of course).
5. He’s RAVENPAW. I mean, if Firestar deserves to be leader, Ravenpaw at least deserves a warrior name. Come on, people.
So, if we’re all agreed, I’d like to hear some suggestions for a warrior name for Ravenpaw. I’ve got a couple…..
If you have any other suggestions, post them in the comments. Please don’t suggest Ravenfeather though, the suffix ‘feather’ is way too overused in my opinion (AHEM Crowfeather and Jayfeather).
I hope you enjoyed the article!