Why Ravenpaw Deserves a Warrior Name by Bluefire

Bluefire explains the reasoning behind Ravenpaw’s name.

Artwork by TrashScoot

Okay, here’s a few reasons why Ravenpaw (a VIC [very important character] from the Prophecies Begin arc) deserves his warrior name.

1. He was the only one who witnessed Tigerclaw kill Redtail. If he hadn’t, who knows what Tigerclaw/star could’ve gotten away with? Ever Firestar (Firepaw/heart at the time) wouldn’t have had any reason not to trust him!! He’d probably have ended up taking over Thunderclan, then slowly the rest of the forest! So Ravenpaw definitely deserves a warrior name for that.

2. He was brave enough to stand up to Tigerclaw, in his own way. He was kind of shy and jumpy, but he stood up to Tigerclaw/star and told his friends Firepaw and Greypaw what was going on. If he hadn’t, well, Tigerclaw probably would’ve killed him just in case, and what happened for the first reason would still happen.

3. He existed. Ravenpaw was a very important part of the arc, pretty much a main character. If he hadn’t existed, there would’ve been no one to witness Tigerclaw’s actions in the first place. Also, Ravenpaw, along with Barley, helped the Windclan cats when they’d been pushed from their territory, and helped the leaders and medicine cats while they went to visit the moonstone.

4. He was loyal to his clan. Even though it meant disobeying his mentor, he was willing to risk his life to make sure that Thunderclan wasn’t taken over by an evil dictator (cough TIGERCLAW cough). Even if Firepaw and Greypaw whisked him away to Barley’s farm in the end, he probably lived every day after that battle knowing that Tigerclaw could come and kill him at any moment for what he knew. But he never tried to run away on his own. He stayed until his friends made him leave (for his own good, of course).

5. He’s RAVENPAW. I mean, if Firestar deserves to be leader, Ravenpaw at least deserves a warrior name. Come on, people.

So, if we’re all agreed, I’d like to hear some suggestions for a warrior name for Ravenpaw. I’ve got a couple…..

Ravenheart
Ravensong
Ravenwing
Ravenbreeze
Ravenflight

If you have any other suggestions, post them in the comments. Please don’t suggest Ravenfeather though, the suffix ‘feather’ is way too overused in my opinion (AHEM Crowfeather and Jayfeather).

I hope you enjoyed the article!

74 Replies to “Why Ravenpaw Deserves a Warrior Name by Bluefire”

1. May 6, 2020 at 5:12 am

I always felt his name would be Ravenpool. It’s a calm, gentle sounding name, much like himself.

I'm obsessed with battle cats-

• raven3clispe
      May 21, 2020 at 7:07 pm

isn’t pool more of a medicine cat name because it means wisdom? IDK just something I heard

• springhare
        June 27, 2020 at 1:03 pm

I think Ravenspring is a good name

• Hollypaw
      June 18, 2020 at 5:15 am

He is no where near calm and gentle XD

Cake alone will save our blog.

2. May 15, 2020 at 6:19 pm

I personally have always thought his name would be Ravenspeak. If he hadn’t spoken up to Firepaw and Graypaw, who knows what could have happened!

3. Splashfeather
    May 21, 2020 at 6:31 pm

PLEASE NOT RAVENWING. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE. RAVENWING IS ALREADY A CANON FROM MAPLESHADE’S VENGENCE, AND HE IS HORRIBLE. I would suggest Raventail, Ravenfeather, or Ravenflight

Why did she die?

• ~`ωᴏƖғѕᴘɪяɪᴛ`~ (𝑊𝑜𝑙𝑓 𝑜𝑓 𝑀𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑦 𝑆𝑝𝑖𝑟𝑖𝑡)
      May 21, 2020 at 6:41 pm

I AGREE
      BUT
      I searched, “ravenpaw warrior name” and it says RAVENWING OMG NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
      Copy and paste from my Google Search:
      Ravenwing (in big bolded words)
      Warrior Cats Facts! Ravenpaw’s warrior name would be Ravenwing.Jun 12, 2017
      No!! But umm, Ravenpaw’s dead 🙁 He died in Ravenpaw’s Farewell (well, I never read it but now I know why that title has that title)

RevisingWritingForContests

• Bronze where Earth Strikes
        June 17, 2020 at 8:44 am

Ravenwing was that ThunderClan medicine cat killed by Maple 🍁 shade

• June 17, 2020 at 6:47 pm

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! IT SHOULD BE RAVENFEATHER! HE’S GRACEFUL, KIND, SHY, QUIET, AND ALL OF THE QUALITIES FOR ‘FEATHER’ NO! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
        Boo to Ravenwing, Frecklewish the sucker that im going to eat in a painful way, and (I don’t have anything against Appledusk, Reedshine, or Mapleshade) Oakstar and Darkstar

Why did she die?

• Hollypaw
          June 18, 2020 at 5:17 am

Graceful, kind, shy, quiet.. why do people think Ravenpaw is like that?

Cake alone will save our blog.

4. May 21, 2020 at 6:36 pm

RavenSTAR

Click my name!

5. ~`ωᴏƖғѕᴘɪяɪᴛ`~ (𝑊𝑜𝑙𝑓 𝑜𝑓 𝑀𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑦 𝑆𝑝𝑖𝑟𝑖𝑡)
    May 21, 2020 at 6:44 pm

😡😭😫WHY DID RAVENPAW HAVE TO DIE

RevisingWritingForContests

6. raven3clispe
    May 21, 2020 at 7:05 pm

ya, I agree. Ravenpaw’s my favourite and I wish Firestar had given him his warrior name before they left the forest to find their new home

7. Leafsong
    May 23, 2020 at 8:56 pm

Hi! I have some name suggestions ^^

Ravenshade
    Ravenfrost
    Ravenfoot
    Ravenstorm (this is cringe XD)
    Ravenflame

---------------
    #CatsForeverXD

8. May 29, 2020 at 6:25 am

So in my Fanfiction I have a cat named ravenclaw (don’t use it please) and I looked it up to see if it was taken, and somewhere I found that Erin hunter said his warrior name would be Ravenwing

My name is clickable.

• Hollypaw
      June 18, 2020 at 5:11 pm

Ravenclaw is a Hogwarts house. I think someone will end up basing an oc off of that

Cake alone will save our blog.

9. Duskwing0warrior
    May 31, 2020 at 5:32 pm

I think Ravenfire would fit him very well, because he told Firestar, as Firepaw, about Tigerclaw, also Fire alone will save the clans, Firepaw, Heart, Star couldn’t have saved the clans if he hadn’t been told about Tigerclaw being evil, which Ravenpaw told him about. Do you see my point? So I personally think it Should be Ravenfire, or Ravenstar, because wouldn’t he make a good leader people? Please tell me if you agree about his name being Ravenfire. Thanks you, also go to Quotev.com and look up Duskwing and please check out my story’s! Thanks so much!