Rosewing
Rosewing
February 2, 2019 7:54 pm

Kate! What do you think Breezepelt’s siblings’ names were (if Nightcloud and Crowfeather ever named them) and what they looked like? I think of them as a black she-kit and gray tomkit.

Kate
Kate
February 4, 2019 7:32 am
Reply to  Rosewing

What a great question! I prefer names our readers come up with. Do you have any suggestions?

Star That Falls Through Navy Sky * Muffinfern * Navy
Star That Falls Through Navy Sky * Muffinfern * Navy
February 4, 2019 7:36 am
Reply to  Kate

Ebonykit and Smokekit?

Kate
Kate
February 5, 2019 7:55 am

Oooh! Noice!

Foxtail (Foxie)
Foxtail (Foxie)
February 8, 2019 7:10 pm
Reply to  Kate

Ooh me likey 😛 Maybe Breezepelt could have named his daughter Smokehaze after his dead littermate? 🙂

Kate
Kate
February 9, 2019 7:32 am

Awww 🙂 Sweet!

♡ Moon (Moonbreeze) - 3 Full Years on BlogClan Edition! ♡
♡ Moon (Moonbreeze) - 3 Full Years on BlogClan Edition! ♡
February 9, 2019 8:55 am

I really like that! Smokekit and Ebonykit are great names, too 🙂

Jin
Jin
March 22, 2020 2:01 am

Does Crowfeather still love Leafpool in this book and will they be together in Starclan? What do you think?

Tortoisebramble
Tortoisebramble
February 19, 2019 1:15 am
Reply to  Kate

I’d think of them as maybe Duskkit and Moonkit… but Moon’s not a valid prefix, so maybe Cloudkit?

willow that blooms in spring
willow that blooms in spring
October 24, 2019 7:59 pm

moon is valid : moonflower, bluestars mother

Stormheart
Stormheart
September 28, 2019 5:59 pm
Reply to  Kate

Blackkit and Graykit

Stormheart
Stormheart
September 28, 2019 6:02 pm
Reply to  Kate

Fenkit
Nightkit
Patchkit (If one of the kits was patched)
Hillkit
Medowkit
Mothkit
Fernkit
Snowkit
Rushkit
Gladekit
Dashkit
Quickkit

Cloudpoppy!!!!
Cloudpoppy!!!!
March 6, 2019 2:52 am
Reply to  Rosewing

i didn’t even know that breezepelt had siblings….. i am sad now

Stormpaw
Stormpaw
August 17, 2019 10:15 pm
Reply to  Cloudpoppy!!!!

Same!!

Frostflower
Frostflower
March 8, 2019 3:35 pm
Reply to  Rosewing

Ha, I was about to ask this ^^ I also think Smokekit and Ebonykit sound great, though. I like the idea of Breezepelt naming his daughter Smokekit after his sibling.

willow that blooms in spring
willow that blooms in spring
October 17, 2019 7:01 pm
Reply to  Rosewing

stormkit and swallowkit!

The amazing Briarkit!!!
The amazing Briarkit!!!
August 18, 2020 1:36 am
Reply to  Rosewing

I’d say Smokekit and Stealthykit.

Embers Glowing Green For St. Patricks Day
Embers Glowing Green For St. Patricks Day
February 14, 2019 6:58 pm

I’m kind of shipping Nightcloud and Pickle. What is wrong with me….. 😛

willow that blooms in spring
willow that blooms in spring
October 17, 2019 7:02 pm

nothing i ship them too

The amazing Briarkit!!!
The amazing Briarkit!!!
August 18, 2020 1:36 am

NOPE PICKLE IS A WEIRD NAME AND I HATE HIM HE TRIED TO KEEP NIGHTCLOUD TO HIMSELF.

Roxy
Roxy
March 3, 2019 3:21 am

crowfeather no longer loves leafpool?

Cloudpoppy!!!!
Cloudpoppy!!!!
March 6, 2019 2:53 am
Reply to  Roxy

he does, but they had to be separated because of the whole they’re-from-different-clans thing, and the Leafpool-is-a-medicine-cat thing, or something like that idk 😛

Frostflower
Frostflower
March 8, 2019 3:42 pm

Question – are Breezepelt’s siblings in StarClan? Are they toms, she-kits, or one of each?

Rosewing
Rosewing
March 10, 2019 6:11 pm
Reply to  Frostflower

It’s never been said, so I guess it’s up to speculation. Though, it’s likely they are in StarClan.

willow that blooms in spring
willow that blooms in spring
October 17, 2019 7:02 pm
Reply to  Frostflower

why wouldnt they be?

Echopaw
Echopaw
July 31, 2020 9:51 pm
Reply to  Frostflower

They probably are in starclan! I see no reason why not!

Rosewing
Rosewing
March 10, 2019 6:13 pm

So Kate, it’s apparently been confirmed that Heathertail is the daughter of Onestar and Whitetail. Do you think it’s possible that Kestrelflight and Harestar could be her brothers? It’s a pretty popular idea in the fandom!

Kate
Kate
March 11, 2019 7:33 am
Reply to  Rosewing

Ooh, I don’t know!

Heliodor [they/xe/he/ve]
Heliodor [they/xe/he/ve]
March 11, 2019 8:53 am
Reply to  Rosewing

Personally, I see Heathertail as the only kit in their litter and Harespring and Kestrelflight’s parents being Owlwhisker and a loner. (And because I ship Heather x Hare)

willow that blooms in spring
willow that blooms in spring
October 17, 2019 7:03 pm
Reply to  Rosewing

so her half sibling is darktail oof

mellowix
mellowix
April 28, 2019 10:23 am

This book always makes me curious about the dynamic between Breezepelt and his kits. (Maybe also Heathertail after they’re in a long-term relationship) Will we get to see it more detail at any point? As in Vision of Shadows, Breezepelt seemed to go back to some of his old habits, shouting hypocritical statments at Gatherings. Even attempting to prevent a pregnant Yarrowleaf and Sleekwhisker returning from exile and given a second chance. Why does Breezepelt believe he deserves forgiveness but not those two?

Nightriver (Nighty)
Nightriver (Nighty)
June 26, 2019 8:08 pm

I think Breezepelt would try to be the dad he never had, so he’d be congratulating them whenever they did well, being kind to them in general, etc. As for why he didn’t think Yarrowleaf and Sleekwhisker should return, maybe he felt like he had a more just reason for making his mistake and he didn’t help cause WildClan to fall to pieces they like did for ShadowClan.

mellowix
mellowix
August 5, 2019 9:33 am

Hey Kate, I was recently rereading Last Hope and there were some Breezepelt moments I’m a little confused with. So I was wondering if you could add some context to the scenes, as Crowfeather’s trial didn’t get the chance as it already had so much to resolve. Thanks! :

“No!” As Breezepelt reared up to attack a WindClan warrior, Ivypool launched herself at him. Smashing into Breezepelt’s flank, she sent him flying. “You can’t fight for the Dark Forest!”
“Are you crazy?” Breezepelt struggled free and stared at her. “This is what we’ve been training for!” “But you can’t believe that this is right!”

Suddenly claws raked Ivypool’s cheek. Pain shot through her and she staggered sideways. Thistleclaw loomed over her, his lip curled to show long, yellow teeth. “Traitor!”
“I’m no traitor!” Ivypool hissed. “I’ve been loyal to my Clan all along! I only came to the Dark Forest to find out what you were planning!”
Her heart froze as Hawkfrost appeared behind Thistleclaw’s shoulder. Then Snowtuft landed beside her, his eyes darkening with hate.
“We won’t fight for you either!” Birchfall flung himself at a Dark Forest tabby.
Applefur lunged for a ragged tom. “I fight for the Clans!” Rage flared in Hawkfrost’s gaze. “Then we shall kill you first, before we destroy your wretched Clans!” – Chapter 25.

Breezepelt mysteriously disappears midway through the scene just as Ivypool is attacked by the Dark Forest cats right in front of him. And if he stuck around long enough in the background, he would also overseen Birchface and Applefur’s defiance and Hawkfrost swearing to kill them. Why did he disappear? What were Breezepelt’s intentions?

And lastly, “As she flung the tom off, the thorn barrier rattled. Crowfeather leaped into the hollow, Breezepelt on his tail. As they dived into the throng, Dovewing stumbled.” – What exactly was Breezepelt doing to Crowfeather?

Kate
Kate
August 5, 2019 12:00 pm
Reply to  mellowix

Hey, Mellowix!
I wrote The Last Hope so long ago, I can’t remember what the context was. But as I writer, I suspect that if context isn’t clear, it isn’t meant to be clear. Sometimes in storytelling, vagueness is a useful tool for keeping the reader from knowing too much too soon and/or leaving the future open to possibilities that would be blocked if an action was fully explained earlier on.
i.e. We don’t tell you everything on purpose, to give ourselves wriggle-room. But you should be able to make a guess at what was motivating Crowfeather in the past by looking at his actions in the future.

Storm! 👋😄
Stormsong
December 31, 2019 8:29 pm

This book made me absolutely love Crowfeather. 😀
From his sarcasm to his character development… he’s great! If he isn’t my new favorite cat, he’s up there on my favorites list. I know! Kinda crazy, right, seeing as I used to not like him?
And OMG, I HATE ONESTAR SO MUCH! (Sorry, don’t crush me if you read this and like Onestar…) I think Crowfeather’s potentially over-the-top anger at him wasn’t over-the-top, and the “leader” deserved it. Lol

Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢
Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢
May 9, 2020 8:23 pm
Reply to  Stormsong

I LOVE CROWFEATHER TOO! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ eh who cares that this page is kinda sorta maybe dead. Still replying to Stormsong’s comment!

Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢
Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢
May 9, 2020 8:24 pm

Also, I don’t like Onestar either. Onewhisker? I love Onewhisker. OneSTAR? No thanks!

Leafpool517 Aka, Leafy
Leafpool517 Aka, Leafy
July 17, 2020 4:26 pm
Reply to  Stormsong

I love Crowfeather too!!

The amazing Briarkit!!!
The amazing Briarkit!!!
August 18, 2020 1:39 am

This is proof that this book is amazing.
It made me stop hating Heathertail and Breezepelt.
That is the proof.
Cats who die:
No one
No one
No one
Cats who almost die:
Breezepelt
Breezepelt
BREEZEPELT
Nightcloud
There. Yeah Breezepelt does almost die A LOT. I love this book so much. 😀
And a quick point of view from a RiverClan kit(that kit is me, Briarkit).
I worried about the stoats, ate, slept, and thought the stoats were going to come kill me(What? It’s what a kit would think.).

Spooky Turtle That Sits In Pumpkin 🐢🐢🐢🎃🎃🎃
Spooky Turtle That Sits In Pumpkin 🐢🐢🐢🎃🎃🎃
October 29, 2020 1:44 pm

Everyone else: This book made me stop hating Breezepelt!
Me: Hello, I read this book and still hate him.
Just One Heartbeat

Spooky Turtle That Sits In Pumpkin 🐢🐢🐢🎃🎃🎃
Spooky Turtle That Sits In Pumpkin 🐢🐢🐢🎃🎃🎃
October 29, 2020 1:45 pm

I hate Breeze X Heather! Breezepelt and Heathertail are both SO annoying, but for some reason everyone in the fandom thinks they’re adorable together!
Just One Heartbeat