Will Alderheart be the next SkyClan’s Medicine Cat? by Raincloud

Raincloud takes some time to wonder abut Alderheart’s future. Spoilers for AVOS! You have been warned…

Art by ClimbToTheStars

Hi. Raincloud here. This is my first article and I have a theory.

*Warning, some spoilers ahead*

First of all, I believe Alderheart will be SkyClan’s next Medicine Cat. you must be wondering, why do I think this. Well first, I looked at the blood. If you look at the tom’s relatives, you would be surprised. The first one’s obvious. Bramblestar is Tigerstar’s son. Tigerstar, the original, is said to look like his kin, Gorseclaw, who is Cloudstar’s son. A SkyClan cat, and the old leader. Second, Spottedpelt, Gorseclaw’s sister, is also related to Alderheart. Squirrelflight’s mother, Sandstorm, is Spottedpelt’s kin. Spottedleaf, ThunderClan’s old Medicine Cat, is Sandstorm’s aunt. Spottedpelt and Spottedleaf are kin. Alderheart has a lot of SkyClan in him. I don’t think it’s a coincidence. Not to mention that SquirrelFlight was told she was barren until SkyClan had to be found.

Second, I believe StarClan had Alderheart become Medicine Cat even though there are already two full time medicine cats. Since Echosong’s death, Alderheart had a lot of dreams connected to SkyClan, eventually having SkyClan come back accidentally by Twigpaw. And StarClan sent Alderheart, as an apprentice, to find SkyClan, even though he was an inexperience, nervous, jumpy cat who doubted himself a lot during the and after the trip. Since there are three medicine cats in ThunderClan, one MUST become the new SkyClan Medicine Cat. Might as well be Alderheart.

Lastly, he has a prophecy and the kits. remember the prophecy What remains when the fire has burned out?” I believe that means that Alderheart will probably be the next Medicine Cat of SkyClan. Also remember, he found Hawkwing’s kits. Twigpaw and Violetpaw are SkyClan born and it just so happens that Alderheart and Needletail suddenly found the kits randomly after getting lost and separated from the journeying patrol.

I believe I am on to something, and I know something like that will happen. I truly believe Alderheart will be the next SkyClan Medicine Cat. There are too many coincidences that have lead up to this. What do you guys think? Do you think it might happen?

Fan Articles

Notify of
Firepelt of Thunderclan
Firepelt of Thunderclan
December 4, 2017 12:38 am

yeah, totally!

Waiting Impatiently for the Dawn of January 16 (Dawnpaw/Dawnbringer)
Waiting Impatiently for the Dawn of January 16 (Dawnpaw/Dawnbringer)
December 4, 2017 12:41 am

Good article! I agree!

January 16 is a special day...

Sky
Sky
December 4, 2017 12:45 am

Well, blood doesn’t really matter….

Anyways, since this was probably submitted before DN was released, I’ll just go on to say that SkyClan now has three medicine cats, one of which was formerly ShadowClan’s.

2019, here I come!

But doesn’t SkyClan already have med-cats? Or am I mistaken or something

Sorzi (爱猫者)
Not coincidence

AuraHunter
AuraHunter
December 4, 2017 7:10 pm

This post was most likely submitted before Darkest Night, so the author couldn’t know about it, but currently SkyClan has Frecklewish, Fidgetpaw and Puddleshine as their med cats.

Moonpaw who is also Moonbreeze and isn’t logged in
Moonpaw who is also Moonbreeze and isn’t logged in
December 5, 2017 2:11 am

This was very good, Raincloud! Some of the reasons are totally valid and understandable, I loved it! But after DN, we learned that SkyClan does have medicine cats.

🌈owlfeather-owly🌈
🌈owlfeather-owly🌈
December 5, 2017 4:21 am

Great article! I agree, but we’ll have to find out in the next book!

thats not very plus ultra of u

Wrenfeather
Wrenfeather
January 15, 2018 5:50 pm

I think you might be right but there are some things that make me think no. First,SkyClan already has a medicine cat. Also,Alderheart said in The Apprentice’s Quest that he would never leave his family. Though I understand your reasoning so like I said it might happen.

Wrenfeather
Wrenfeather
January 15, 2018 5:52 pm

I think you might be right but there are some things that make me think no. First,SkyClan already has a medicine cat. Also,Alderheart said in The Apprentice’s Quest that he would never leave his family. Though I understand your reasoning.

Kelli Lowenberg
Kelli Lowenberg
February 10, 2018 1:15 am
Reply to  Wrenfeather

I totally think thats correct.His name kind of sounds like skyclan

Anonymous
Anonymous
August 5, 2019 2:14 pm

I think alderheart and needletail should be mates, I’m only on the apprentice’s quest so maybe they do? But if they dont then they definitely should, plus they found the kits together.

Anonymous
Anonymous
August 5, 2019 2:15 pm

I think alderheart and needletail should be mates, I’m only on the apprentice’s quest so maybe they do? But I they dont then they definitely should, plus they found the kits together. Needleheart or aldertail?

Hollyleaf
Hollyleaf
August 19, 2020 4:09 pm

Honestly, like Sky said- Blood doesn’t matter, and just because ThunderClan has 3 medicine cats doesn’t mean SkyClan needs another. They have enough. And, there are only 2 medicine cats in TC now. Leafpool died. Either way, I don’t believe the theory, and that Alderheart would ever want to join SkyClan in the first place.

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch