3 Reasons Why I dislike Crowfeather! by Fernfrost

Fernfrost shares reasons for why they dislike Crowfeather.

Artwork by Lithestep

Howdy! I’m Fernfrost (or Ferny I mean whatever ¯_(ツ)_/¯) and I’m here to talk to you about why I dislike Crowfeather. Now, please don’t take offense to this. This is my first article, so I barely know what to do. I’m just stating my opinion. Thanks k bye
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
ALSO SPOILERS FOR AVoS AND TNP!

Number 1 – His Love Life
So we all know about (or at least have heard of) Leafpool and Crowfeather. They “loved” each other. Same with Crowfeather and Feathertail. Also Nightcloud. (Gosh Crowfeather chillax…) But what ticks me off is that two of them were like high school crushes. With Leafpool, he was like, “Oh hi you are cool let’s be mates and have kits although it’s against all we know.” while with Feathertail he was like, “My life stinks and no one can save it. Oh hi, who are you? IDK BECAUSE I LOVE YOU NOW OMG!!!” (Accurate representation) So… Nightcloud. What is she to him? A way to prove loyalty. He never loved her. Everyone’s always saying, “Oh but it’s Nightcloud’s fault because she’s mean.” But what they don’t think about is that their relationship is only existing for Crowfeather’s gain.

Numero Dos (Number Two) – His Ignorance
As exhibited in AVoS and TNP, he is very prickly, even when, say, Bramblestar AND Squirrelflight (leader and deputy) need to see Onestar, he immediately denies them, DESPITE them being much higher ranks. I know he was just following Onestar’s orders, but come on. They shouldn’t apply to parties with the leader and deputy. Just a little opinion.

Number Three – His Personality
I have already said this, but he is SO prickly. He never talks to anyone (at least in TNP) and hates EVERYONE on the journey. He never talks to anyone, and when he does, he is a jerk. Despite being an apprentice (at the time), he acted SO important, like HE was the most important.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed! Please tell me what you think about this in the comments. This is my first blog post, so please don’t criticize me too much! Bye!

Fan Articles

Notify of
Snowflakes Falling From Icy Sky
Snowflakes Falling From Icy Sky
December 11, 2017 12:17 am

I think that Crowfeather was emotionally unstable and an outcast when he returned to WindClan. And plus, why would Nightcloud accept the offer?

Foxtail (Foxie)
Foxtail (Foxie)
December 11, 2017 12:40 am

Because she however did love him I think. Well, she mostly just wanted some cat to love her and this was her chance, except it didn’t turn out the way she thought. 🙁

LØVƎSIƆK BLIИK (runnin’ 4 SW)

December 11, 2017 12:55 am

Nightcloud wanted to have kits. She was stated to not really like Crowfeather, but pretended to so she could have kits.

Prowlclaw
Prowlclaw
December 11, 2017 5:52 pm
Reply to  Bramblefire

Bramblefire, I find that hard to believe. If Nightcloud wanted him for kits, why would she care if he flirted with Leafpool? Or why she would nuzzle him, even though he denies her? She also tells her son how much he hates her. So how she be pretending?

December 11, 2017 7:23 pm
Reply to  Prowlclaw

She originally did want kits but tried to make him love her. Obviously, he didn’t.

Definitely not making an army.

Prowlclaw
Prowlclaw
December 11, 2017 11:44 pm
Reply to  Bramblefire

Well yeah, if you like someone in warriors, you probably want kits with them. So she wanted love after all, so I think you mean her original intention was to have kits.

December 12, 2017 4:32 am
Reply to  Prowlclaw

Of course, but her behavior and even Crowfeather’s can not be dismissed. They are both at fault.

Prowlclaw
Prowlclaw
December 12, 2017 11:03 pm
Reply to  Bramblefire

Her behavior is normal for someone who doesn’t get any love from their husband/wife. Crowfeather is the cause of her behavior, so you could blame Crowfeather as the root of the problem.

December 12, 2017 11:18 pm
Reply to  Bramblefire

It is from experience, certainly not. Just because she felt Crowfeather didn’t love her, didn’t give her an excuse to treat Crowfeather like he belonged to her everytime he was around Leafpool or convince Breezepelt to hate Crowfeather. Nightcloud isn’t some innocent snowflake. She’s also the problem. Not to mention, she always was bitter and violent around the other clans even before Crowfeather so it obviously isn’t just him.

Snowflakes Falling From Icy Sky
Snowflakes Falling From Icy Sky
December 12, 2017 11:48 pm
Reply to  Bramblefire

I agree with Bramblefire.

Foxtail (Foxie)
Foxtail (Foxie)
December 13, 2017 6:48 am
Reply to  Bramblefire

I agree with Prowlclaw XD (lol)

LØVƎSIƆK BLIИK (runnin’ 4 SW)

December 13, 2017 4:40 pm
Reply to  Bramblefire

My argument is that Nightcloud’s behavior is also unacceptable and that she’s also at fault to some degree. She can’t be acting how she is.

Jayfrost
Jayfrost
December 13, 2017 5:03 pm
Reply to  Bramblefire

How exactly was she acting that was wrong?

BlogTeam Administrator

December 13, 2017 5:26 pm
Reply to  Bramblefire

Nightcloud encouraged her son to hate his father, was overly aggressive to everyone and pretended she owned Crowfeather. She was also openly hostile to Leafpool when she didn’t need to be.

Jayfrost
Jayfrost
December 13, 2017 5:32 pm
Reply to  Bramblefire

When did we ever see a shred of evidence of her encouraging Breeze to hate his father? That was never shown. She was too possessive, yes, but I’d definitely say she has a right to be angry when Crowfeather ignores her and her son in favor of the mate and kits that he gave up.

BlogTeam Administrator

All Spark wants for Christmas is a New Front Tooth (Sparktooth :P)
All Spark wants for Christmas is a New Front Tooth (Sparktooth :P)
December 12, 2017 10:57 pm

Totally agreed, Sky. Crowfeather is one of my favorite characters, tbh. 😀

Crooked jaw II who is singing festive songs
Crooked jaw II who is singing festive songs
December 13, 2017 5:44 pm

Crow is psycho!

Willow Branches Dusted in White Snow (Wistep)
Willow Branches Dusted in White Snow (Wistep)
December 11, 2017 12:27 am

His personality is just like that. And I think he truly loved Leafpool. He’s gentle to the cats he loves.
Great article though, Ferny! 😀

January 15, 2018 10:42 pm

Thanks Willow!

Very... Frosty.

Waiting Impatiently for the Dawn of January 16 (Dawnpaw/Dawnbringer)
Waiting Impatiently for the Dawn of January 16 (Dawnpaw/Dawnbringer)
December 11, 2017 12:33 am

I honestly think a lot of people like prickly characters (aka Jayfeather). I guess I do too.

My problem with Crowfeather is that I keep seeing him as Dustpelt (I love Dustpelt) which makes me like him more. It seems really weird though, but I am weird.

According to the Warriors code, there is something in there that says something like “the leader’s word is law”. Crowfeather was just following it.

January 16 is a special day...

January 15, 2018 10:42 pm

I do like Jayfeather a lot, but Crowfeather doesn’t hit home for me.

Very... Frosty.

Foxtail (Foxie)
Foxtail (Foxie)
December 11, 2017 12:47 am

Wonderful article, Ferny! I totally agree with you! 😀 Well, I don’t hate Crowfeather but he’s not my favorite (except for the fact that I’m so psyched about his SE that’s coming out; but I’m usually just excited for new books in general so…….XD). I totally agree with you on the Nightcloud part. However he is indeed gentle with the cats he loves but I also agree with how it’s like, “Oh I love you so I’m gonna be gentle with you only and no one else cause you are the only one who can make my life worth living” and such and such. It seems as if whenever he does end up loving someone, he ends up hurting that cat one way or another or the relationship itself hurts him (or them both).

Nice job! 👍🏽

LØVƎSIƆK BLIИK (runnin’ 4 SW)

January 15, 2018 10:43 pm

Thank you Foxie!

Very... Frosty.

December 11, 2017 12:53 am

In his defense, of course doesn’t excuse what’s he’s done, he’s been through a lot. He lost most of his family, both of the cats he truly loved, and his clan didn’t really like him. When he went on the journey in the New Prophecy, he was about to be a warrior, but nope, he has to go on a journey. It didn’t help when Leafpool left him or Feathertail died. Crowfeather was left alone without anyone really. From what is seen in the books, his own mother barely pays attention to him and Breezepelt and Nightcloud aren’t much better. And about him and his relationships, many other cats have had multiple mates and just because someone has multiple partners doesn’t make them bad. There’s many people in today’s world that have had multiple partners in life and that’s fine and normal. Not saying he should have been disloyal, but multiple partners throughout his life isn’t terrible.

Spirit of Christmas Day / SpiritPaw(Wing)
Spirit of Christmas Day / SpiritPaw(Wing)
December 11, 2017 2:34 am

He definitely isn’t my favorite! My article is waiting moderation, it is my first 2!

Sky
Sky
December 11, 2017 2:58 am

I think that Crowfeather truly did love Leafpool. Also, why should he care that Squirrelflight and Bramblestar are of higher ranks? They are of a different Clan, and he was merely following his leader loyally.

Plus, what’s wrong with being prickly? Some people seem hard outside, but soften up, just like Crowfeather.

2019, here I come!

Beechpaw (Beechflight) who is not logged in
Beechpaw (Beechflight) who is not logged in
December 11, 2017 4:05 am

Can definitely agree with the Nightcloud part that it was so that his loyalty wasn’t undermined.

Aster is Meowing for Chinese New Year!!! (Asterstorm/ Meowing Aster/ Astie)
Aster is Meowing for Chinese New Year!!! (Asterstorm/ Meowing Aster/ Astie)
December 11, 2017 12:48 pm

Totally agree with you! Till now, I still don’t understand why Crowfeather loved Leafpool😛.

!!Running for senior warrior!!

It's the most beechiest time of the year (Beechpaw/flight)
It's the most beechiest time of the year (Beechpaw/flight)
December 12, 2017 5:46 am

He just looked for love in the wrong places 🙂

~s w e a t e r s e a s o n~

Snowflakes Falling From Icy Sky
Snowflakes Falling From Icy Sky
December 12, 2017 11:49 pm

He just developed feelings. He truly did love her, something I can’t say the same for him and Nightcloud.

January 15, 2018 10:43 pm

Thanks! Yeah, me neither. It never made sense to me.

Very... Frosty.

🌈owlfeather-owly🌈
🌈owlfeather-owly🌈
December 12, 2017 4:13 am

Good point! I never liked Crowfeather either (I like the faces! 😀 )

thats not very plus ultra of u

January 15, 2018 10:44 pm

Me too 😀 and thanks!

Very... Frosty.

Loud rustling of holly wreath (Loudfern)
Loud rustling of holly wreath (Loudfern)
December 12, 2017 1:01 pm

Great article, I love Crowfeather however XD

January 15, 2018 10:41 pm

Thanks!

Very... Frosty.

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch