The Judging of Questionable Cats by Sky

Sky debates whether or not cats should be accepted into StarClan.

Artwork by Lithestep

Hello! Today, I will be judging questionable cats in warriors who either got to go to StarClan or the Dark Forest for questionable reasons.

I will only judge them based on their life actions. No cat gets judged based on their future in death.

ASHFUR

REASON HE WENT TO STARCLAN: “LOVED TOO MUCH.”
CRIMES: KILLED CLAN LEADER ONCE, ALMOST KILLED THREE CATS, TRIED TO GET TWO BANISHED
REASON FOR CRIMES: ANGER AT SQUIRRELFLIGHT NOT BEING HIS MATE

Well…. I think that’s enough.

It seems that Ashfur is the type of cat who whines and whines no matter what. He was more popular than Bramblestar and Squirrelflight still wanted to be his friend, but it was he, in the end, who shoved his chances away.

I liked him enough when he was younger, but nothing can change what he did.

I think he deserves the Dark Forest

MAPLESHADE

REASON SHE WENT TO THE DARK FOREST: KILLED THREE CATS
CRIMES: MURDER OF THREE CATS
REASON FOR CRIMES: ANGER, AND HALLUCINATIONS OF HER KITS THAT WERE TELLING HER TO KILL THEM

If you think about it, she’s not to blame.

Ravenwing was the blabbermouth who had to spill on a mother and her two moon kits. Oakstar was the frog-gut-brained leader who banished a mother and her kits into a storm. Applebutt was the cat who cheated on her and denied her. Darkstar was the one who turned her away.

Plus, if you had lost the one thing you had left in life – your kits, wouldn’t you be sad? And if, apparently, they were begging you to kill three cats so that they could have a peaceful afterlife, wouldn’t you at least be inclined to do so?

Therefore, I think that Mapleshade deserves StarClan.

MUDCLAW

REASON HE WENT TO STARCLAN: HE HAD REASONS FOR HIS WRONGS
CRIMES: REBELLION AGAINST LEADER, JOINING FORCES WITH OTHER CLANS
REASON FOR CRIMES: LEADERSHIP SNATCHED FROM HIM

It seems like Mudclaw should and should not be blamed for what happened to him…. I’m really not 100% sure of where he should have went in death…..

RAINFLOWER

Okay, so I think that she got what she deserved – StarClan. She didn’t do anything particularly wrong, and many cats have scorned their kits before.

LILYWHISKER, TANGLEBURR, AND BRIGHTFLOWER

STARCLAN???? That’s all I can say for these cats who went to the DF and didn’t deserve it.

Ugh I hate Yellowfang’s judgement sometimes…..

Anyways, that’ll conclude my article! Open to other opinions.

Fan Articles

Notify of
🌈owlfeather-owly🌈
🌈owlfeather-owly🌈
December 16, 2017 1:52 am

I totally agree!!! (first comment maybe)

thats not very plus ultra of u

Foxtail (Foxie)
Foxtail (Foxie)
December 16, 2017 2:04 am

I agree with you! Especially with Ashstalker and Mapleshade! 😛 Nice article.

LØVƎSIƆK BLIИK (runnin’ 4 SW)

Aster is Meowing for Chinese New Year!!! (Asterstorm/ Meowing Aster/ Astie)
Aster is Meowing for Chinese New Year!!! (Asterstorm/ Meowing Aster/ Astie)
December 16, 2017 3:35 am

I agree with you, except Rainflower (I’m not sure where she has to go…). Great article😺.

!!Running for senior warrior!!

Lightningpaw
Lightningpaw
December 16, 2017 9:49 am

This is such an interesting topic! I think there should be a sort of in between place for cats that aren’t good enough to get into StarClan and aren’t evil enough for the Dark Forest. This would be for cats like Rainflower, Mapleshade, Mudclaw and Tangleburr. I agree that Ashfur should have gone to the Dark Forest and Lilywhisker and Brightflower should have gone to StarClan (unless they did something evil that’s not in the books).

Foxtail (Foxie)
Foxtail (Foxie)
December 16, 2017 5:02 pm
Reply to  Lightningpaw

Brightflower blamed Yellowfang for the death of her kits (second litter), Marigoldkit and Mintkit, and then Lilywhisker, a WindClan cat I think, had an injury and she got really mad about it or something. That’s why they’re in the DF, though I don’t think it’s that big of a “crime” for those things.

LØVƎSIƆK BLIИK (runnin’ 4 SW)

Brightwing - Bright Wing Of Mountain Bluebird
Brightwing - Bright Wing Of Mountain Bluebird
December 16, 2017 10:34 am

Yeah great! ‘Frog-gut-brain’ 😛

Click the name, join the Clan!

Winterrose (also known as Wolfrose)
Winterrose (also known as Wolfrose)
December 16, 2017 3:18 pm

This is great Sky! I really agree with these! Except…
SEND RAINFLOWER TO THE DARK FOREST!!!!!!!!

It feels good to back. :)

All Spark wants for Christmas is a New Front Tooth (Sparktooth :P)
All Spark wants for Christmas is a New Front Tooth (Sparktooth :P)
December 16, 2017 4:22 pm

Great article! I totally agree with Rainflower and Ashfur. However, I feel like even though Mudclaw wasn’t a very good cat, he wasn’t particularly evil. I argue his actions were not right, but also justified. You’ve read my Mudclaw article so you know my opinion on him. Of course I don’t need to state my opinion on Mapleshade XD.

Blackstorm
Blackstorm
December 16, 2017 5:10 pm

Definitely agree about Mapleshade’s fate. Don’t really agree about Ashfur’s. Love can do crazy things to people. Arguably, you could say that both caused Mapleshade and Ashfur to what they did. A great article either way.

Jetclaw’s rockin round da X-mas Tree
Jetclaw’s rockin round da X-mas Tree
December 16, 2017 8:12 pm
Reply to  Blackstorm

Except that Mapleshade was kicked out of her home, her innocent kits were killed because the weather caused the river to flood which lay between where she needed to be. And she suffered severe hallucinations making her believe she had to kill those who caused the death of her kits to save her babies because they hadn’t made it to StarClan.

Ashfur on the other hand just didn’t get Squirrelflight as his mate.

The only reason Mapleshade really went to the DF was cause she succeeded in killing really, had she failed or been stopped maybe she would’ve also gone to StarClan. But her reasoning for killing while crazy, was about the injustice done to her innocent kits.

Whereas Ashfur intended to kill innocents to hurt a cat who just told him no. Mapleshade May have been wrong to pursue revenge, her reasons for vengeance was not only had she lost everything, she also had her concerns that her innocent kits had not made it to StarClan.

Ashfur on the other hand still was pretty popular in the clan, Firestar letting him mentor one of his grandkids (and one he thought was part of a prophecy) says he was still considered a good, popular, trusted warrior in the clan. If he wasn’t Firestar would’ve selected someone else to mentor Lionpaw.

He was driven by his obsession with possessing a she cat who was well within her rights to tell him no. Mapleshade May have embraced darkness for vengeance of the unfairness done to her, Ashfur embraced it because he was angry he didn’t get to have on she cat.

It's the most beechiest time of the year (Beechpaw/flight)
It's the most beechiest time of the year (Beechpaw/flight)
December 16, 2017 6:47 pm

I think Ashfur got to go to StarClan because with Hollyleaf killing him, he never had a chance to testify and he might’ve kept it a secret. Plus why would he kill the one thing he loves? I mean, Snape loved Harry because he was Lily’s son. Why shouldn’t it be the same here?

~s w e a t e r s e a s o n~

Snowflakes Falling From Icy Sky
Snowflakes Falling From Icy Sky
December 16, 2017 8:17 pm

Key word: MIGHT. From what we saw, I’d say that there’s about a 98% chance of him actually saying it. And also, who’s mouth would it looks worse from: one of her Clanmates or her supposed daughter?

Also, quite honestly, you’re comparing the cat who almost burned three cats alive, killed his Clan leader(if Firestar only had one life, he would have been dead), and tried to exile two other cats just because he was mad that Squirrelflight didn’t choose him to her mate to a person who has a genuine heart and truly loved Lily no matter what. Also, Snape didn’t love Harry – it was all for Lily.

Jetclaw’s rockin round da X-mas Tree
Jetclaw’s rockin round da X-mas Tree
December 16, 2017 8:19 pm

I think StarClan let him in because they didn’t want him in the DF maybe, only reasonable explanation.

Also he never wanted to kill Squirrelflight he wanted to make her suffer. He worked with hawkfrost to set up Firestar which could’ve led to Firestar’s death, Brambleclaws banishment if he played his cards right and then Ashfur could move in to try to take her then.

Since that didn’t work, Ashfur seizes an opportunity to kill Squirrelflight and Brambleclaws kits, because he knows it’ll hurt Squirrelflight.

What Ashfur felt wasn’t love, it morphed into obsession and a desire to possess her.

Snape is an example of a character who loved someone, since he loved Lily and really did he chose to carry over some of that love to her son. Even if it was a son she’d made with someone else.

The reason it’s not the same is Ashfur refused to accept that Squirrelflight was well within her rights to want to just stay friends with him. He believed he was owed something and since she chose Brambleclaw over him she deserves to suffer and lose everything she loved, because she denied him.

Jayfrost
Jayfrost
December 16, 2017 10:08 pm

Because he literally already proved he was willing to murder her children and her father just because she broke up with him. The only reason he let them live is because he found a better way to hurt her. That’s not the behavior of a cat who would’ve kept her secret.

BlogTeam Administrator

It's the most beechiest time of the year (Beechpaw/flight)
It's the most beechiest time of the year (Beechpaw/flight)
December 16, 2017 6:54 pm

Here’s the thing: Cats who did bad things during their lifetime doesn’t automatically mean they go to the Dark Forest. It’s the cats who seek revenge even after they’ve died that go to the Dark Forest, where the DF turns them into an evil killing machine. You also can’t argue that non-believers go to the DF, because someone might say that since Tigerstar 1.0 didn’t believe, but Cloudtail doesn’t believe and he still might go to SC, since Jake welcomed Tallstar to StarClan when he died. So Ashfur, if he learned his lesson as soon as he died, he would’ve been welcomed into StarClan. Yellowfang learned her lesson about med cats having kits, so she went to StarClan. Leafpool also learned her lesson, so she will (hopefully) be entered into StarClan. That’s the difference.

~s w e a t e r s e a s o n~

Snowflakes Falling From Icy Sky
Snowflakes Falling From Icy Sky
December 16, 2017 8:09 pm

Where in the article did I say that non-belivers go to the DF??? Because that’s not true.

Also, Jake isn’t in StarClan.

I get your argument, but Mapleshade truly believed that she was seeing her kits, giving her a final plead. And where did we see Ashfur feel any remorse, at all? A cat doesn’t just go – “Oh no I’m going to die so let’s feel sorry.”

♡ Moon (Moonbreeze) ♡
♡ Moon (Moonbreeze) ♡
December 16, 2017 7:33 pm

I totally agree! Especially on the last three.

take aim. draw back. ignite.

Sagepaw
Sagepaw
March 23, 2018 2:32 am

Ashfur and Mudclaw went to StarClan because they believed that they were following the warrior code when they did their crimes(I want to shout this to every Warriors fan in the world right now).

Creekdapple
Creekdapple
May 23, 2018 1:53 am
Reply to  Sagepaw

Wait, but what about Mapleshade? I mean, I guess she wasn’t really thinking about the warrior code; she was mostly thinking about what was ‘best’ for her kits.

Redblaze
Redblaze
May 20, 2020 3:24 pm

Did rainflower brigthwhisker and lilywhisker go to the dark forest?

🎃 Eaglefright! (Aquilaaaaaaaaaahhhh with a Halloween name) 👻
🎃 Eaglefright! (Aquilaaaaaaaaaahhhh with a Halloween name) 👻
May 20, 2020 3:29 pm
Reply to  Redblaze

I hope rainflower did

Bad Wolf!

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch