In Silverstream’s Defense by Sky

Sky shares their opinion on arguments against Silverstream.

Art by HollyHeart22

Lots of people(near all of the Millie lovers) hate Silverstream. In this article, I’ll try to shift people to change their minds or maybe rethink their opinions.

Debater number one’s reason: She always used “I’m the leader’s daughter!” for her own good.

Me: That’s totally untrue. She never once said that in any book and was totally humble about being the leader’s daughter. Of course, I don’t have the books with me right now, but as I recall, she never did. Plus, even if she did, who do you think chose to get doted on by the Clan because of her parenthood? You don’t choose your family, do you?

Debater number two’s reason: She a mary-sue who cared about no one but her own happiness.

Me: Really? I don’t recall that at all. From what I’ve read of her, she’s a she-cat who was kind, helpful, and clever. She had her faults as well, so no, she’s not a personality-mary-sue. And definitely not a real mary-sue. For StarClan’s sake, she wasn’t even in any prophecies!!!!! Also, if you’re talking about that part in which she said that she didn’t care that her kits would be half-Clan, that’s the reaction of most mothers!!!!! If you were about to become a mother/father of illegal kits, would you say, “Aww I feel so bad for them they’ll have the worst life ever?” I highly doubt it. Plus, you can’t argue that she was a bad mother.

Debater number three’s reason: She had a perfect life and gave birth to the perfect kits. Her kits also carried the blood of every Clan but ShadowClan!

Me: Well, did she say, “Okay I want to be the leader’s daughter” and immediately become that? No. You don’t choose your parents and if one of your parents was the president, you’d definitely live in the upper-class. Just because you’re richer doesn’t give anyone a reason to HATE you! Also, Silverstream didn’t even decide that her kits would go on the journey and be some of the most important cats on it! Oakheart chose Feathertail and Stormfur decided to go with his sister. And, I’ll repeat, you don’t choose your family(other than your spouse). She fell in love with Graystripe and just happened to have the blood of so many other Clans. Why hate her for that?

That’ll conclude my article! Um…. as long as you don’t flame, I’m cool with your comments and opinions. Thanks!

~Sky

Fan Articles

Notify of
Robinpaw
Robinpaw
January 30, 2018 3:40 pm

I’m still for MilliexGrey, but these are some good points!

Sky
Sky
January 31, 2018 1:18 pm
Reply to  Robinpaw

I never argued AGAINST MillieXGray. I never even argued FOR SilverXGray like I normally do. I just noticed that people who love MillieXGray tend to hate Silverstream just because she was Graystripe’s other mate.

°•~It can't be- Is that Ebay? (Ebonyrain)~•°
Ebonypaw (Ebonyrain) But you can call me Rainy!
January 30, 2018 5:29 pm

I’m not a Millie love so I support GrayxSilver. Plus Silverstream is really pretty and fun to draw 😉

Possumsky
Possumsky
January 31, 2018 3:09 am

I lean towards MillieGray–because at this point they’ve been a couple a lot longer Silverstream and Graystripe were a couple and I feel like their relationship is more developed (if you read Manga’s)–but this was a really good article! It really bothers me when people start bashing on one character because that character gets in the way of a ship they like (like when people complain about Sandstorm bc they’re a SpottedFire shipper, or Fernsong bc they ship Ivypool with someone else) and I like how this article focused mainly on why Silverstream is a good cat rather than ragging on Millie.
I do however think that Silverstream does act a little bratty sometimes–not in a spoilt way, but rather that she can come off as a little entitled (although I read this being more because she has a lot of pride in RiverClan and has been raised to believe RiverClan is better than ThunderClan, not her thinking she’s better than anyone because she’s Crookedstar’s daughter). Not that this is a bad thing. It rounds off her character in a way and keeps her from being a mary-sue.

Sky
Sky
January 31, 2018 1:22 pm
Reply to  Possumsky

Ty! I’m glad that you don’t hate Silverstream just because you ship MillieXGray. It’s pretty natural for a Clan cat to act that way, so I can see why.

Butterflyflower
Butterflyflower
January 31, 2018 8:15 pm

I prefer Millie and GrayxMillie over Silverstream and SilverxGray just because I think they’re more developed, but I still like Silverstream, and SilverxGray is cute and still an important part of Graystripe’s life.

Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢
Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢
May 20, 2020 8:14 pm

I agree with everything in this article. #GrayXSilverForever 💕💕💕
KananXHera forever ❤️

Jayda
Jayda
September 22, 2020 2:18 pm

People hate Silverstream for no reason she didn’t do anything wrong. And no I don’t like Millie she’s a bad mother and a badly written character so I don’t like her with Graystripe I liked her in the Manga but not in the actual series. I’m still grayxsilver

Turtle loves and defends Jessy|Turtlepaw/dapple🐢🐢🐢
Turtle loves and defends Jessy|Turtlepaw/dapple🐢🐢🐢
September 26, 2020 3:15 pm
Reply to  Jayda

YES, FINALLY someone who thinks Millie is a bad mom!

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch