Why Appledusk is the Worst Mate Ever by Sky

Sky presents: The eternal hatred of Appledusk.

Artwork by Silverblaze

Hello, BlogClan! I’m here with another article.

I know that 90% of the cats on the Blog love Mapleshade and hate Appledusk, but I just wanted to make an article anyways.

Appledusk was probably one of the only mates in the warriors series that flat-out cheated on his mate. He turned away a mother who had just lost her kits, jumped onto a she-cat he’d been flirting with just in case, and then did a “noble” act of sacrifice. He didn’t deserve StarClan. Not in the least.

First off, he CHEATED. He told Mapleshade that he loved her while he flirted with another she-cat behind her back, just in case something bad happened. He was a selfish brat who didn’t give a cinch to his mate, who was obviously smitten with him. When his kits died, he didn’t even think about feeling bad, he just threw all the blame on a heart-broken mother and kicked her out into the wild. He then decided, “Oh, yay, time for me to mate with this other lady I’ve been flirting with.” All he wanted to do was to carry on his tainted blood.

Fans of Appledusk might argue that he was very brave and noble when he sacrificed himself for Reedshine and his kits. All I get out of that is an attempt to look good and get into StarClan while carrying on his bloodline.

Secondly, he ABANDONED HIS MATE IN HER TIME OF NEED. Mapleshade had just lost the only thing that she had left – her kits. And why did she cross the river, you may ask? Because she thought that she’d be safe with Appledusk. Even after her kits drowned, she just wanted to be with Appledusk. And what did Applebutt do? He accused, yelled, and abused her. And then he appealed to his leader, with the help of his back-up mate, and wouldn’t even let Mapleshade rest for ONE NIGHT. All he cared about was saving face and his own comfort. In fact, Applebutt’s been abusing Mapleshade since she first fell in love with him. He’s abused her love for him, and all for himself. He’s a selfish butthead who should be in the Dark Forest.

In conclusion, there is no doubt that Applebutt is one of the worst mates ever. I highly doubt that he truly loved Mapleshade and Reedshine, he just wanted to carry on his bloodline.

I can’t wait to read your comments! 🙂

~Sky

Fan Articles

Notify of
cherry
cherry
January 5, 2019 4:43 am

if the other cat reed was impregnad , it is obvious that appledusk never loved mappleshade in first place, who disagree with this point is obvious a dick-brain who justifies a manly action out of the line…if mappleshade had been impregnad of another mate during appledusk relationship, what people would say so?

Appledusk Defense Squad
Appledusk Defense Squad
June 19, 2019 8:32 am
Reply to  cherry

Hi. Appledusk got with Reedshine to protect his ThunderClan mate and kits by tricking his own clan into believing he was already in a relationship. He could have gotten exiled for this and was risking everything for Mapleshade. Mapleshade kept talking about Appledusk in public and took her kits out to the river to swim around like RiverClan cats, so she likely cared less about Appledusk’s and her kits’ safety than Appledusk did. I’m not saying Mapleshade was a bad cat (before she started killing people, that is) but Appledusk is not a bad cat.

Snakefur of Rootclan
Snakefur of Rootclan
February 9, 2020 1:47 am

I think Appledusk sucks, sorry, but he left Mapleshade when she needed his help the most. He did not even seem to care that his kits had drowned. Appledusk is a really bad mate.

Night-tail
Night-tail
February 23, 2020 9:37 pm

Thank you! I was thinking the same thing about why he mated Reedshine! Mapleshade did in fact try to go across a flooded river. Appledusk was devastated by the death of his kits, even though how other people portray him. If you’re going to say Appledusk was a terrible father and mate, you have to re-check your sources.

Night-tail

I love Leafpool
I love Leafpool
June 6, 2019 11:42 am

I hate Appledusk! His birth was never even meant to happen! Whoever his mother was should go to the dark forest. And his father aswell!

Leafpool
Leafpool
September 23, 2020 9:09 pm

I love Leafpool to!

Sasha
Sasha
November 18, 2019 12:29 pm

I am going to be honest, it would be epic if Mapleshade killed Appledusk and Reedshine both during the great battle, it would be a brutal and well deserved death, Appledusk does not deserve his blood to be carried on. It’s hard to believe Oakheart and Crookedstar are connected, And Apple should take a look at Oakheart, his great grandson. OAKHEART was in love with a TC cat! AND he didn’t leave her! He knew how much Bluefur wanted the leader postion. He knew so well, he took care of their kits! ALONE! But I do admit. Appledusk probably faded away, his legacy was long, but not good.

:l
:l
February 9, 2020 2:56 am

I dissagree deeply

Snakefur of Rootclan
Snakefur of Rootclan
February 9, 2020 6:29 pm

I really dislike Frecklewish as well as Appledusk becuse she just stood there watching the kits drown and Mapeshade despretsly trying to save them. She litteratly attacked Mapleshade, nearly taking out her eye, when she learened Appledusk was the father of Mapleshade”s kits and not her brother. Before she learned the truth about the kits she was so attached to them as if they were her own. She also said she wished Mapleshade was dead. I think Frecklewish only liked the kits becuse she thought Birchface, was the father. She acctuly hissed at the kits and had to get held back by her clanemates to stop her from attacking Mapleshade (even more then she already did) or the kits.

Night-tail
Night-tail
February 25, 2020 5:49 am

Appledusk was a little harsh. Frecklewish was the evil one!

Night-tail

Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢
Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢
July 7, 2020 9:13 pm

Appledusk is a HORRIBLE mate!
Turtle 🐢

Acaciawing
Acaciawing
July 11, 2020 2:56 am

Sorry to Appledusk fans, but I dislike Appledusk,too. If only he had taken in Mapleshade, she wouldn’t have killed all those innocent cats. And he two-timed(cheated) on Mapleshade :/ I totally understand why she got a bit cuckoo in the brains. She just lost everything she cared about. And Appledusk didn’t even care about her in the first-place.
i just wish Reedshine didn’t exist and Crookedstar&Oakheart were born in a different family line.

BooAppledusk
BooAppledusk
October 3, 2020 9:02 pm

I hate Appledusk so much I wish he got killed by scourge 🤡

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch