Why Thistleclaw is just as good as Bramblestar by Loudfern

Loudfern shares their opinion on Thistleclaw.

Art by Warrior-Junkie

In this article, I, Loudfern, will take a deep look at Thistleclaw, comparing him to Bramblestar and explaining why he deserves more respect.

I’m sure we are all familiar with Thistleclaw; the cat who would lead ThunderClan to hell (basically) if Bluefur didn’t become leader.

So lets start with one of the most obvious reasons that Thistleclaw is “evil”. He trained in the dark forest. As, did Bramblestar. Now you can probably see where this is going and you’re probably thinking: “yes but Bramblestar just wanted to be a good warrior and protect his clanmates”, which is true but we all seem to forget that this is the exact same reason why Thistleclaw trained here too.

Sure, Bluefur had dreams about Thistleclaw’s possible leadership which were all about blood and horror, but let’s not forget that Leafpool had similar dreams about Brambleclaw. And yes, Brambleclaw did end up being the hero but that was after he realised that what he was doing was wrong. Since Thistleclaw was conveniently killed, he never had the chance to learn that he was following a not-so-great path. Let me put it this way, if Brambleclaw and Thistleclaw swapped books, Bluefur would be scared of Brambleclaw’s leadership and we would all hate Brambleclaw.

The fact that Thistleclaw loved two cats also says that he probably would have turned around if given the chance. You may think this means nothing but let’s just look at the other Dark Forest cats (with the exception of Mapleshade who shouldn’t even be in the dark forest but I’ll get to that some other day). Hawkfrost loved no one. He even came to despise his own sister. Brokenstar…well I don’t even need to explain and as for Tigerstar, I’m pretty sure we can all agree that he never really “loved” Goldenflower. Basically I’m saying that because Thistleclaw loved, it meant he had love inside of him and all Thistleclaw needed was for this love to really show. If Snowfur has still been around Thistleclaw actually might have changed earlier.

In reality Thistleclaw, was a hard working, incredibly loyal warrior. Mapleshade saw this and decided to use it for her own good and as Thistleclaw was still a very young warrior who didn’t know any better, he was easily swayed. And must I also say, Mapleshade is a very convincing cat; we all know what happened to Crookedstar. If Brambleclaw had of been mentored by Mapleshade, who’s to say that he wouldn’t have been lured by her “innocent” tones?

So to conclude, Thistleclaw deserves as much respect as Bramblestar.

P.S. this is my first article on BlogClan (since I’m new XD) so I’m sorry for the messiness of it and I do hope to improve my article writing skills XD

Fan Articles

Notify of
🌈owlfeather-owly🌈
🌈owlfeather-owly🌈
February 21, 2018 5:58 pm

I think he was like Bramblestar, but didn’t have time to realize that he was becoming… a dark forest cat. Nice article though! and welcome to Blogclan! 🙂

thats not very plus ultra of u

🎷Wavesplash 🎷
🎷Wavesplash 🎷
February 21, 2018 8:04 pm

Um, no. Thistleclaw was bloodthirsty and Evil. He was not loyal to his Clan. Bramblestar did not want to be in the Dark Forest. He did. He abused Spottedleaf, he struck up unnecessary battles, he went out of his way to kill and encourage to kill, and was a very bad cat in general. He deserves NO respect.

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

Night-tail
Night-tail
April 1, 2020 12:03 am

That was after the dark forest swayed him…

Night-tail

Dusklight
Dusklight
February 22, 2018 12:06 am

Nice article! However, I disagree. Thistleclaw did many terrible things, and that cannot just be explained away by love. He encouraged Tigerpaw to kill a kit; that’s just not okay. I can see your point, though!

Not sad, just empty

*~Irismist~* (Iris)
*~Irismist~* (Iris)
February 22, 2018 12:06 am

Hmm… I don’t know if I entirely agree with this article, but I think that you make an excellent point Loudy! 😛 😀 (wow that sounded… idk 😛 ) I love how you used the point that Thistleclaw could love as a point, and I agree with that 😀 Altogether, I think that this was an awesome article Loudy!! 😀 😀 😀

ahhhhhhh

Loudfern
Loudfern
February 22, 2018 7:15 am

I told a few people this: I reread omen of the stars after I wrote this. I’m very borderlined on this subject. My current opinions is that yes, he was bloodthirsty and evil and had way to much ambition, but I do think Snowfur might have changed that.

Sapphie (Sapphireheart)
Sapphie (Sapphireheart)
February 23, 2018 1:00 am

Good article. It really made me more open minded. 🙂

A wild Sapphie has appeared

Wren that Flies with Feathers(Wrenkit\feather)
Wren that Flies with Feathers(Wrenkit\feather)
February 24, 2018 5:58 pm

Great article! I agree that Thistleclaw is just as good as Bramblestar. He was evil because he felt lots of grief. He was just trying to protect his Clan. All he ever did was be overprotective. He deserves respect.

StormSpark
StormSpark
March 2, 2018 12:59 pm

Mmhmm!!! I Made A Defending Thistle Article,And Realised How Much he Actually WASN’T That bad, he Deserves A lot More Respect

Thornbush
Thornbush
June 30, 2018 2:26 am

Thistleclaw is undoubtably evil, I would go as far to say he is the worst cat in the entirety of Warriors, worse then even Brokenstar, here’s why.
1. THISTLECLAW IS A PEDOPHILE
He was preying on Spottedleaf while she was still a kit, Thistleclaw was interested in her when she was a KIT and lest we forget, Spottedleaf is younger than Whitestorm, THISTLECLAW’S SON
2. Thistleclaw is extremely violent
Others have mentioned this but Thistleclaw encouraged Tigerpaw to attack a literal child, nothing about that is good. If Bluefur wasn’t there, Thistleclaw would’ve let a child die. That can’t possibly be seen as a good thing to do. Tigerclaw would’ve been a murderer much earlier in his life due to Thistleclaw

I don’t think I need to say anymore, Thistleclaw is undoubtedly evil, and possibly the most evil cat in al of Warriors
Brambleclaw is neither a pedophile nor a murderer. He very often tries to avoid violence as best he can, very unlike Thistleclaw

Camaro6
Camaro6
October 4, 2018 12:33 am
Reply to  Thornbush

Honestly, Clear Sky in a way is a pedophile more than Thistleclaw…but I do get your point.

Foxheart
Foxheart
January 22, 2019 3:38 am
Reply to  Thornbush

He also manipulated spottedleaf in more ways than one

Scoutfoot
Scoutfoot
February 13, 2019 10:20 pm
Reply to  Thornbush

Let’s just forget that Spottedleaf’s heart exists…

It was just written to make Thistleclaw into an even bigger villain.

it's a cat-tastrophe!

Shadowfrost
Shadowfrost
August 16, 2018 11:51 pm

I agree with you Loudfern I, myself argue the same things, (although I still get shunned from some of my classroom warrior cat groups because I argue that Thisleclaw deserves more respect.) I don’t get how people like cats like Bramblestar and Crookedstar, they DID have the smarts to turn over to the good side, but not everyone’s perfect. Thislclaw would’ve probably been a better cat if Snowfur was still around. I mean honestly, I wish Bluestar was the one that died. (Hate me if you want to I don’t give a crap about it) I’m not saying that I LIKE Thisleclaw but he really deserves more respect. In Bluestar’s prophecy he wanted to fight to protect his clan. When he was a kit he was seen protesting about why he wasn’t allowed to fight with the Windclan cats. So Pinestar told him he should protect his sisters. And he did.

Sundance
Sundance
August 17, 2018 4:28 am
Reply to  Shadowfrost

No swearing please. 🙂 BlogClan is PG!

DuelMeToTheDeath
DuelMeToTheDeath
March 13, 2019 1:30 pm
Reply to  Shadowfrost

A lot of the things you’re saying I agree with. I think Thistleclaw should be respected, but not pitied. Brambleclaw.. well, I didn’t really like him from the start. But Crookedstar was a completely different story. He thought Mapleshade was from StarClan. Mapleshade ruined his life, and it wasn’t his fault. Crookedstar is one of my favourite warrior cats of all time, right up there with Stonefur, Badgerfang, and Flametail.

Scoutfoot
Scoutfoot
February 13, 2019 10:21 pm

Agreed!

it's a cat-tastrophe!

Echobreeze
Echobreeze
March 13, 2019 6:48 pm

Well when you said that Mapleshade ruined his (Crookedstar’s) life, that’s wrong. She knew that they all were going to die because everyone dies eventually (though Graystripe is immortal) and she was just making him not feel like it was his fault. Off topic your article I don’t agree with you-because Thistleclaw IS VERY EVIL, he was an ambitious and he WAS EVIL. He was a loyal warrior BUT with Tigerpaw (Tigerclaw/Tigerstar the 1st) he was WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY too ambitious training with him. The nick in Tigerstar’s ear is made by Thistleclaw, yeah I googled it. He would NOT be a good deputy or leader-too MUCH BLOODSHED. I do not like Thistleclaw-sure he was a loyal warrior, a good mate to Snowfur but he also has some down sides.

Violetpaw
Violetpaw
July 18, 2020 1:16 pm

In spottedleafs heart he litteraly says something along the lines of “we are here to get better at being warriors” also u know how cinderpelt had a prophecey of “tiger and fire destroyed the clans” but it turned out in a good way? What if that was the same meaning for the one thistleclaw had but everyone took it the wrong way. Also the books thistleclaw is in are books from the perspective of ppl who already hated him from before the prophecey so its obviously gonna make us hate him but if it was from thistleclaws perspective, we would all love him

Thornfeather
Thornfeather
July 30, 2020 9:19 am

No .Thistleclaw is evil and bloodthirsty. He trained in the same reason,yeah,but he eventually got to ‘enjoy’ the training,the blood,and attacking.
Leafpool had a sign that Brambleclaw can be a good deputy,and a leader. She had a dream about a bramble defending the clan- but yet Thistleclaw just had bloodthirsty and evil dreams by Bluefur,and none were good ones like Bramble defending the camp.
And no-Thistleclaw doesn’t need ‘love’ to be good. He’s a bloodthirsty and evil cat anyways,and when he had Snowfur,He hated Bluefur even when Snowfur was his mate and his hatred shined brightly.
In reality,Thistleclaw was not a ‘hardworking loyal warrior’,he was ‘a hardworking warrior to be deputy and then leader’. And Brambleclaw might have-but he was not trained my Mapleshade. Face the reality. As i said earlier,He trained to be good in the clan,but he eventually got to enjoy the training and the blood,and attacking.
He deserves no respect from cats. Cats don’t have to respect this Ambitious and bloodthirsty cat.
Thank you.

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch