Beechpaw discusses the warrior code.
Today we’ll be discussing two situations in Warriors and putting them up against the warrior code, deciding what leaders should have done, what was done, and if it did or did not follow the warrior code.
Issue #1: Graystripe and Silverstream: Was it legal?
Okay, first, we have to have a copy of the code. This code will be our reference point throughout our trial.
1. Defend your Clan, even with your life. You may have friendships with cats from another clan, but your loyalty must remain to your own clan, as you may meet them in battle.
2. Do not hunt or trespass on another Clan’s territory.
3.Elders and Kits must be fed before Warriors and Apprentices. An apprentice may not eat until they have hunted for the elders unless they have permission from their mentor or other authority.
4. Prey is killed only to be eaten. Give thanks to StarClan for it’s life, as it nourishes you for seasons to come.
5. A kit must be six moons old to become an apprentice.
6.Newly appointed warriors will keep a silent vigil for a single night after receiving their warrior name.
7. A cat cannot be made deputy if they have not had an apprentice.
8. The deputy will become clan leader after the clan leader dies or retires.
9.After the death or retirement of the deputy, the new deputy must be named before moonhigh.
10. A gathering is held among all four clans on the night of the full moon. There is to be no fighting amongst the clans at this time
11. Boundaries must be checked and marked daily. Challenge all trespassers.
12. No cat may neglect a kit in pain or danger, even if that cat is from another clan.
13. The word of the Clan leader is code.
14. An honorable warrior does not need to kill cats to win battles, unless they are threatened or hurt or it is neccesary for self-defense.
15. A warrior rejects the soft life of a kittypet.
Alright, now with that beast out of the way, let’s see which codes Graystripe and Silverstream broke, and if it is valid or not.
Broken: Code 1, 2, and 11.
How they were broken: Code One says you may have friendships from cat with other clans, but your loyalty must remain to your own clan.
Jury: Their punishment should be elder duty and/or last pick off the fresh kill pile.
Thanks y’all for reading! Comment down below what you think!