My Opinion On Unfair Power by Fawnspots

Fawnspots shares their opinion on positions of power in Warriors.

Artist unknown

This is like my second article, so please be patient with me.
Usually, I am not the type to go ranting about stuff, but here we go…
Anyway, I have been rereading Warriors, and it seems like the power in the clans is kind of spread unfairly. A majority of cats with high rankings in the books are closely related. Many families have lots of power in them, like Firestar’s family fur ( 😛 ) example: Firestar became a leader, then his daughter Leafpool became medicine cat whose former mate Crowfeather is now deputy of Windclan, and Leafpool’s kit Jayfeather also became a medicine cat. Firestar’s other daughter, Squirrelflight became deputy, whose mate became a leader, and Squirrelflight’s kit Alderheart became a medicine cat. It seems like they are simply trying to keep the power in the family. Don’t get me wrong, everybody likes Firestar, but it feels like the Erins don’t want anyone except his relatives to have important positions in the clan. Bluestar also has an unnecessarily powerful family: Bluestar’s father is Stormtail who temporarily was a deputy. Her sister’s son Whitestorm also became a deputy. Her mate Oakheart was a deputy, whose brother Crookedstar became the leader of Riverclan. Her son Stonefur was deputy before he died, and her daughter Mistystar became a leader, whose son Reedwhisker became her deputy. There are several other powerful family trees, like Tigerstar’s family: Tigerstar’s father was Pinestar, whose father was Oakstar. His son Brambleclaw became Bramblestar, whose mate is Squirrelflight which connects back to Firestar’s powerful family. Then Tigerstar’s son Hawkfrost became deputy of Riverclan. Also, his daughter’s (Tawnypelt) son Tigerheart, later on, will become the leader of Shadowclan, whose father was Rowanstar. I feel like it is unfair to other cats in the clan that aren’t related to the leaders or deputies because they deserve a chance to move up the hierarchy ladder (basically get a promotion). In my opinion, the Erins need to let other clan cats into the power ladder. I know others leaders like that all the main cats are related, but there needs to be a little more variety in the leaders and deputies throughout the series. Thank you for being patient with me and my rant 😛

Fan Articles

Notify of
Hawkflight
Hawkflight
March 3, 2018 8:45 pm

Interesting. I do agree that this is unfair, I mean, The Three are all Firestar’s kin and all. But like “Firewing That Never Wears Green on St. Patties Day” says, sometimes it’s for plots. I’ll look more into it. After I finish Vision of Shadows. I get it. I’m behind.

---DepOut

Jayquill
Jayquill
March 4, 2018 3:11 am

My thoughts exactly! I get why all these things happen. But it would be nice to have more cats who aren’t related be in charge. Like in Windclan! Harestar is a great leader!

Firewing That Doesn't Wear Green on St. Patties Day
Firewing That Doesn't Wear Green on St. Patties Day
March 4, 2018 3:17 pm
Reply to  Jayquill

At first, I had no idea what to think of Harestar because what kept replaying in my mind when I heard his name was that scene where Brambleclaw was on a diplomatic mission to WindClan, and Harespring tried to get in his way and Brambleclaw literally bowled him over with a single swipe. I hope he’s a lot stronger than that now!

Lily That Shines Like Dawn
Lily That Shines Like Dawn
March 11, 2018 9:37 pm

I can see where you’re coming from, but for some of those cats, the power was unwanted for quite a while. Jayfeather didn’t want to be left behind by his siblings, stuck in the medicine den. Alderheart was jealous of Sparkpelt’s successfulness. Nonetheless, both those cats found content in their jobs, so I suppose that doesn’t matter 😛

ladies & gentlemen
we got 'em

Light of Falling Star (Lightfall)
Light of Falling Star (Lightfall)
August 13, 2018 2:37 am

You voiced meh thoughts

Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢
Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢
May 23, 2020 5:56 pm

Interesting article, and I totally agree!
KananXHera forever ❤️

irinasplash
irinasplash
August 26, 2020 10:29 am

Sky:
Sharpclaw: deputy
Hawkwing: deputy
Twigbranch: Bringbacker of skyclan
Tree: mate of violetshine, mediator
Rootspring: Saver of the clans in TBC

Thunder and shadow and wind:
Firestar: Leader
Windstar: Leader
Deadfoot: Deputy
Ashfoot: Deputy
Crowfeather: Deputy
Squirrelflight: Temporary leader
Leafpool: Medicine cat
Lionblaze: Temporary deputy, The three
Jayfeather: medicine cat, the three
Dovewing: the three
Tawnypelt: former deputy
Rowanclaw: Former leader
Tigerstar: leader
Bramblestar: leader
Alderheart: medicine cat

What a tree!

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch