Should Hawkfrost have had a different death by Willowpaw

Willowpaw wonders if Hawkfrost should’ve had a different death.

Art by Romashik-arts

Hi guys, I’m Willowwhisper and I will discussing whether or not Hawkfrost should’ve died the sad painful, way he did.

I know that quite a few people will probably disagree with me on this one so just hear me out. I honestly think that Hawkfrost didn’t need to be killed by his own half brother. Like ya he wanted power like his father but I personally thought his was pretty decent cat until the time he tried to kill Firestar. Brambleclaw could just chased Hawkfrost off or threatened him, but noooooo he killed him!

If Pinestar, Tigerstar’s father hadn’t become a kittypet maybe Tigerstar wouldn’t fill the need to prove that his was stronger than his father. And then maybe Hawkfrost wouldn’t have acted the way he did, and Brambleclaw wouldn’t have been torn between loyalty to his Clan and his half brother.

I hope you can see where this is going. I am not a fan of Pinestar at all,!!! Well I was until he left the clan to become a kittypet.

So I kinda blame Pinestar for his own grandson’s ambitions that lead to his destruction. It’s crazy to think that just one cat’s actions can lead to such a tragic ending of someone else’s life. And while Pinestar’s sitting all nice and cozy in a twoleg nest, his former apprentices and clanmates are doing more work than himself! Like come on Pinestar you don’t just walk away from your family and only home like that, he could have joined the elders den. But noooooo he walked away to become a soft hearted kittypet! I say this because if Pinestar hadn’t of left the clan than young Tigerstar – back than Tigerpaw – wouldn’t have tried to show that he wouldn’t have done the same thing. Which leads to Hawkfrost not wanting to bloodthirsty like his father and not trying to kill Firestar

So that is what I think is that, Hawkfrost didn’t have to die the way he did. I hope you liked this article and I am so sorry if you didn’t and I hope you like my next one.

33 Replies to “Should Hawkfrost have had a different death by Willowpaw”

1. Potato loves... CATS! Potato loves... FAIRYTAIL!!! Potato loves... LOTSA THINGS!!!!
    March 27, 2018 at 2:52 pm

Good Article! Only thing for me is… if Pinestar had stayed… I don’t think Hawkfrost and Mothwing would’ve been born. Tigerstar is exiled from the clan becasue he’s evil (because of Pinestar). And correct me if I’m wrong but I believe he meets Sasha while he’s exiled. Then she has his kits and blanblanyeah. Maybe Goldenflower and him could’ve had more kits but, Hawkfrost wouldn’t have been born.

• Butterflyflower
      March 28, 2018 at 3:59 pm

It is true that if he hadn’t been exiled, he would’ve never joined ShadowClan, so he wouldn’t have become leader, and in the mangas, Tigerstar was already ShadowClan’s leader when he met Sasha…

• June 11, 2018 at 7:03 pm

I like hawkfrost but I like brambleclaw the best I hate tigerstar and im not a fan of pimestar

2. Bramblefire
    March 27, 2018 at 6:07 pm

I think it’s unfair to blame Tigerstar being evil on Pinestar. Sure Pinestar was selfish, but that didn’t make him evil and Pinestar shouldn’t be to blame. Other cats without fathers didn’t grow up and become evil. Tigerstar was ambitious and willing to kill, that can’t be blamed on Pinestar. Tigerstar trained his sons too, but that didn’t mean they had to be evil. Both Brambleclaw and Tawnypelt left/didn’t train there. Hawkfrost chose to be evil and break the code, he’s the only cat responsible for his actions in the end. He got what he deserved.

• Goldenpaw (Goldenfire)
      March 27, 2018 at 7:20 pm

I agree. Tigerstar became the evil and ambitious cat he is mainly because of his mentor, Thistleclaw.

~Galaxypaw

• Stormberry Who Knows Princess Leia And Is Also A Cat Master
      March 27, 2018 at 8:29 pm

Finally someone that isn’t a Pinestar hater! 🙂

• Sunpelt
      March 27, 2018 at 10:15 pm

Yes, one of the Erins said that Tigerstar’s ambition came from his own courage combined with fierce mentoring from Thistleclaw. Pinestar wasn’t very much to blame for his drastic actions, and if anything, that shows that Hawkfrost didn’t have to be like Tigerstar. He chose ambition over loyalty, and that’s why he died the way he did, rather than Brambleclaw choosing loyalty over ambition.
      Great article though, it’s an interesting idea I haven’t seen someone explore before
      -Also, Brambleclaw did try to resolve it peacefully
      “Go back to RiverClan. You’re my brother. I don’t want to hurt you.”

sun-warmed kitty fur 😺

• Butterflyflower
      March 28, 2018 at 3:58 pm

I agree, though I don’t really think Pinestar was selfish at all… Maybe for a Clan leader, but from what I know about Pinestar’s Choice, it seems like he just made a decision he believed was right, and I don’t think Tigerstar’s or Hawkfrost’s ambition is what makes them evil. There are plenty of good, loyal ambitious cats. Tigerstar and Hawkfrost just happened to be evil ambitious cats. (Hawkfrost is still one of my favorite villains though… 😛 )

• Bramblefire
        March 28, 2018 at 5:58 pm

For a Clan leader is more of what I meant and he never really seemed to care about Leopardfoot or his kits, not as much as he probably should have.

3. DefectiveWarrior
    March 28, 2018 at 4:15 pm

Honestly, Call me whatever
    But I think Hawkfrost’s death should have been more interesting
    I think Ivypool should have had some massive confrontation with Hawkfrost (like they almost started!)
    And she SHOULD have killed him not lost and Brambleclaw the OP deputy butting in

• Sundance
      March 28, 2018 at 4:30 pm

Yeah, I agree, Ivypool definitely should have been the one to defeat Hawkfrost! That would have been epic and meaningful. 😀

• Easter Egg Hidden in the Sorrel by the Stream [Sorzi]
      March 28, 2018 at 8:47 pm

I think so too!

Sorzi (爱猫者)
      Not coincidence

4. Crater hopes she doesn’t get fooled like “here’s an egg with something good in it! April Fools! (Craterpelt)
    March 28, 2018 at 9:58 pm

I haven’t really thought about it very much, but I think it should be more epic. I mean there’s a major prophecy about a death that last like 2 chapters

I’M BACK

• chirpfoot
      June 5, 2018 at 2:28 pm

But Mothwing or Brambleclaw still would’ve had to kill him for the prophecy to make sense. Because the prophecy is “Before all is peaceful, blood will spill blood and the lake will run red.” Blood will spill blood meaning a kin would have to kill him and the lake running red meaning that he would have had a pretty large wound and be in the lake. Sure it could’ve been a little more epic but it also could’ve been hard for Brambleclaw to kill his own brother in front of a lot of cats if that is the more epic version.

5. April 5, 2018 at 2:38 pm

If Hawkfrost was good, then he might be one of my favorite cats. But honestly, that picture of Hawkfrost creeps me out…

WYATT BLUE GRASSI-HOYING

• Rain That Falls From Clouds ( Rain)
      July 24, 2018 at 6:02 pm

The picture creeps me out too… I never liked Hawkfrost to begin with, so I’m just fine with him dying. Sorry Hawkfrost lovers

6. chirpfoot
    June 5, 2018 at 2:21 pm

I kind of agree with you. You were saying that Brambleclaw should’ve of just chased him off. But when you read that section it is kinda like Brambleclaw didn’t mean to really kill him and until the deed was done he almost didn’t seem to notice what was happening. Also after that Hawkfrost might have gone and wanted to kill Brambleclaw or his leader and Shadowclan’s leader. But I do agree with you that until that point he wasn’t a very bad cat until that point. But Tigerstar seemed to make him worse and worse every night while his dream meetings. Then it just leads to Hawkfrost being like a Tigerstar.

7. June 11, 2018 at 7:06 pm

Ok so i agree to you but we cant blame pinestar and I hate tigerstar when he attacked that cute kittypet that just wanted to leave his home!