What I Think of The Five Warrior Clans by Libbypaw

Libbypaw shares their opinion on the five Clans in the series.

Art by WeHaveCandy

Libbypaw here! I am here to give my opinion on each of the five Clans. The five Clans are ThunderClan, ShadowClan, RiverClan, WindClan, and SkyClan, which had left the forest, was rebuilt, and later joined the other Clans on the lake. Anyways, let’s get into the topic.

First up is ThunderClan. I’d have to say that I like this Clan, due to their heroic actions. It was nice when Firestar formed LionClan to defeat Scourge’s vicious BloodClan, and leaded the kit rescue against Brokenstar and his warriors. But I kinda think that some cats are show-offs. I’d say Sparkpelt is a huge show-off due to that she caught prey on her first try, and always hunts perfectly. She received her warrior name due to when she saved Twigkit, who was just trying to get some herbs to impress grumpy Jayfeather. But I’d say that just for Sparkpelt, not for the other cats. I know cats from the other Clans like to call ThunderClan cats show-offs, especially apprentices. I also think that there are too many ThunderClan cats in Darkest Night. Just. Look. At. The. Allegiances. There are like forty warriors, while there are only a few warriors in other Clans. Another thought about them is that they’re very kind due to Bluestar, Firestar, and Bramblestar letting loners and kittypets in the Clan. I think that shows that they care about lots of cats. Bramblestar even let ShadowClan, RiverClan, SkyClan, and I think maybe WindClan into ThunderClan camp after the battle with Darktail and his rogues. So my final thoughts on this Clan is that they are loyal, kind, and generous.

Now, it’s time to talk about ShadowClan. The ferocious Clan. This Clan is listed as ambitious, aggressive, battle-hungry, and greedy for territory in Secrets of the Clans, but I think ShadowClan is more than people think they are. For example, Tawnypelt seems nice, not super aggressive like her father. She only wants to protect her Clan. I don’t like most of the leaders, though. Ripplestar fought at a Gathering, Brokenstar killed kits and trained them as early as three moons, Tigerstar formed TigerClan, and wanted ThunderClan, and WindClan to either join him, or leave him, Blackstar sided with Sol about StarClan and the warrior code, and was loyal to Brokenstar and Tigerstar when he was deputy, and Rowanstar didn’t choose a medicine cat until Littlecloud was dead, and let the camp get taken over by Darktail. Nightstar and Shadowstar are the only ones I only like. I’m not sure about Tigerstar, who was Tigerheart, but maybe he’ll be better. Overall, ShadowClan is okay, but had some bad leaders in the past.

Next is WindClan. This Clan is pretty good, though there were some issues. I love Tallstar, and how they decided to do tunneling until Sandgorse died.I just didn’t like it when WindClan ignored Firestar until what happened with Mudclaw. One more issue is when Onestar closed the borders because of his son, Darktail. I like this Clan because of Mothflight finding the Moonstone, and their strong alliance with ThunderClan. So, I’d have to say WindClan is a good Clan.

Moving onto RiverClan. These cats are cool and unusual, due to their love of water. Cats hate water, but not these cats! I also love the water as well, so I’m like a RiverClan cat. RiverClan cats can swim. But now about their actions. They saved Hopkit, who later became Deadfoot, but Crookedstar allied with Brokenstar, and Leopardstar allied with Tigerstar just because she liked him. But now Mistystar is leader, and she’s mainly peaceful. Her Clanmates are super loyal, and refused to be part of Darktail’s kin. Leopardstar and Crookedstar are still good leaders, and they rarely involve battle, only major battles like at Sunningrocks, BloodClan, StarClan and the Dark Forest, and Darktail. That’s why I like RiverClan the most.

Last but not least, we have SkyClan. This Clan is mainly cool, but Leafstar has some naming issues. Like Harrybrook. I feel bad for Cloudstar, that he had to say goodbye to Birdflight.

That’s all I have to say in this article. I hope you like it, for it is my first.

-Libbypaw

Fan Articles

🐣Feather on Wren's Fake Egg(Wrenkit/Feather/Wren)🐣
🐣Feather on Wren's Fake Egg(Wrenkit/Feather/Wren)🐣
April 7, 2018 1:44 am

Great article! I agree about ShadowClan. They are misunderstood.

Sky
Sky
April 7, 2018 2:19 am

I feel like too many people judge a Clan by its leader. ShadowClan has just had some bad leaders due to bad luck. Also, how is it Rowanstar’s fault that the camp was overtaken? Most of his Clan betrayed him anyways, so what could he do? He doesn’t deserve hate for that because he didn’t “let them,” he had no choice but to leave. And I think Backstair redeemed himself pretty well.

Leopardstar was misguided. I don’t think she was a bad cat, simply misguided and a bit blinded. I also think that she really regretted what happened, as is shown in the book, but couldn’t back out of it later on. After Tigerstar’s influence was gone, she did so much to redeem herself. Some cats are naturally defensive. In addition, Tigerstar is known for being sly and manipulative and Leopardstar probably didn’t see anything sinister in him – no other cat knew what he had done and he seemed like he was genuinely trying to do good for the Clans and maximize prey opportunities at first.

Crooked star didn’t align with Brokenstar, he felt like he had to share because otherwise HIS CLAN WOULD BE MURDERED.

At any rate, RiverClan is my favorite Clan as well and I really liked this article!

💗 Cheetahspark 💗
💗 Cheetahspark 💗
April 7, 2018 3:56 am

Great article Pitt! 😀

Foxtail (Foxie)
Foxtail (Foxie)
April 7, 2018 4:20 am

Blackstar didn’t side with Sol! I mean well he did but Sol manipulated him for StarClan’s sake and we all know how manipulative Sol is. He manipulated the Three (well Hollyleaf as the third for this) so it’s not all Blackstar’s fault. I wish there were more people who liked him cause I’m like the only one. Yes he made mistakes but that’s what makes him Blackstar. Every cat makes mistakes but it’s up to us whether we judge them by it or not and accept them for who they are.

I have nothing to comment about Sparkpelt and Darktail and stuff cause I haven’t read AVOS yet (hopefully I’ll get some books on my birthday that is really soon!).

Leafstar does have some naming issues. However I do like the names Bellaleaf and Rileypool but that’s just me. 🙂

Yes ThunderClan is amazing! I love them a lot. They are indeed, “The Clan of heroes, the Clan of compassion, the Clan of destiny.”

Nice article, Lib!

Aster who's Meowing and Forgot Log In
Aster who's Meowing and Forgot Log In
April 7, 2018 4:22 am

Cool article 😸! My favourite clan is Thunderclan, because they’re very kind just like you said 😉. My second favourite is Shadowclan. Of course, Shadowstar is the best Shadowclan leader (to me), but I don’t think Blackstar and Rowanstar are bad leaders at all (at least when comparing them to some Shadowclan leaders). They just feel that what they were doing was for their clan’s good and their actions were mainly affected by the situation then.

Sorrelpaw [Sorrelstream] aka Sorzi
Sorrelpaw [Sorrelstream] aka Sorzi
April 7, 2018 8:02 am

Nice article! Personally I think ThunderClan js overrated though ad ShadowClan… Yea you can say that they had some bad leaders, but I think they’re a bit underrated.

🌈owlfeather-owly🌈
🌈owlfeather-owly🌈
April 7, 2018 3:53 pm

Nice article! My favorites are 1. Skyclan 2. Riverclan 3. Thunderclan 4. Shadowclan 5. Windclan (sorry Windclan)

Stormberry Who Knows Princess Leia And Is Also A Cat Master
Stormberry Who Knows Princess Leia And Is Also A Cat Master
April 7, 2018 5:04 pm

ThunderClan for the win!!!!!!!!!!

ⓕⓞⓧⓟⓐⓦ ( ⓢⓣⓔⓟ )
ⓕⓞⓧⓟⓐⓦ ( ⓢⓣⓔⓟ )
April 7, 2018 7:52 pm

I totally agree with you. RiverClan cats are really cool (pun intended XD). I really wish we could see more of ShadowClan’s true potential, though.

Spencer
Spencer
April 8, 2018 9:37 pm

Other than Shadowclan, Thunderclan had the most evil cats, for example: Tigerstar, Mapleshade, Thistleclaw, and Darkstripe. and here are my favorite Clans
1: RiverClan
2: WindClan
3: SkyClan
4: ThunderClan
5: ShadowClan

Butterflyflower
Butterflyflower
April 8, 2018 10:32 pm

My favorite Clan is probably ShadowClan, but RiverClan is a really close second. 😛 😀

Most of my favorite cats are actually from ShadowClan, like Tigerheart, Needletail, and Puddleshine.

Jayquill
Jayquill
April 10, 2018 3:25 pm

Wow. You basically said nothing about Skyclan!

Ivyslash
Ivyslash
May 18, 2018 5:05 pm

I like WindClan. I actually don’t, I dislike them, they’re just my home Clan. I don’t fully like any of them. They were great descriptions! 😉 🙂
. . . Wait, Crookedstar allied with Brokenstar? Is that before the first series, or have I just forgotten . . .

• EchoClaw