My Opinion of Bramblestar by Wrenkit

Wrenkit shares their opinion of Bramblestar.

Art by Fox-Desert

Hello I’m Wrenkit and today my article is about Bramblestar.

Even though his father,Tigerstar was evil,mostly because of Thistleclaw,and Bramblestar’s half brother,Hawkfrost,also evil,because of Tigerstar,Bramblestar wasn’t. He was kind and generous, for instance,in Bramblestar’s Storm he saved the kittypets when their twoleg nests flooded,not what all cats would have done. Though he is a bit too generous sometimes like by letting the kittypets become warriors,I mean which leaders, except for Bluestar,Firestar,and Bramblestar,would have done that,not me. And he is patient and NOT deadly. Like in Sunset when Firestar got trapped by a fox trap, he could have killed Firestar to become leader but he didn’t. Instead he freed Firestar and killed Hawkfrost. Killing a cat would ussaly be against the warrior code but since Hawkfrost was evil and Brambleclaw was the complete opposite Brambleclaw killed to protect his Clan leader by risking his own life. Well Brambleclaw would have died protecting any nice and not evil cat. He would be the perfect leader,if he wasn’t why do you think StarClan gave Leafpool the vision of a bramble thicket that are actually a bunch of claws protecting the camp when ThunderClan needed a new deputy. It’s great that he exestied because so much would have gone wrong if he didn’t exist. Without him,the Clans probably wouldn’t have found a new home,Firestar would have died and the Clans would be ruled by Hawkfrost,A Vision of Shadows wouldn’t be made,SkyClan wouldn’t have been brought back because there would then be no Alderheart or Twigkit to find them,in other words,I’m glad that there is a Bramblestar.Aren’t you? Now let’s take a look at his bad side shall we? First of all he was a little like Hawkfrost at first and like Hawkfrost he was trained by Tigerstar in his dreams. Like being trained by a Dark Forest cat is completely vicious and shows that you are a super bad cat. He wanted to be like his father at first. Though that’s pretty much everything that is bad about him. But changing from the cat that he was at first,a cat like Tigerstar,to the one he is now,a kind and genorous cat,shows true loyalty .

It looks like we’re coming to an end of today’s article. Please tell me what you think.
Goodbye and may StarClan light your path.

Fan Articles

Notify of
Sky
Sky
April 21, 2018 1:07 am

I agree! Mostly. However, I believe that he actually had no malicious or vicious intents when training. He really just wanted to get to know his dad and try to see a good side to him. Plus, Brambleclaw ONLY trained to support his Clan. I get that Leafpool saw it in a more evil light, however, I think he just wanted to be a really great warrior and possibly become deputy. I’m very sure that most cats want to be deputy from a young age, however, few cats actually pursue that dream and there is nothing evil in pursuing an ambition. Ambition isn’t evil, turning ambition into blood is.

Also, I don’t recall him ever wanting to be like his father. He openly defied and rejected Tigerstar and only trained to become a better warrior and try to find a good side of Tigerstar.

Cheetahspark
Cheetahspark
April 21, 2018 3:44 am
Reply to  Sky

I agree^^

Cheetahspark
Cheetahspark
April 21, 2018 3:45 am

Great article! Sky pretty much voiced my opinions 😀

Stormberry Who Knows Princess Leia And Is Also A Cat Master
Stormberry Who Knows Princess Leia And Is Also A Cat Master
April 21, 2018 3:56 am

I definitely agree with this!!

Foxtail (Foxie)
Foxtail (Foxie)
April 21, 2018 7:12 am

I’m glad he existed but he’s not my favorite character (I just started Bramblestar’s Storm so idk what he’s like as leader yet)

LØVƎSIƆK BLIИK (runnin’ 4 SW)

Sorrelpaw [Sorrelstream] aka Sorzi
Sorrelpaw [Sorrelstream] aka Sorzi
April 21, 2018 9:20 am

Indeed! He is a great leader.

Sorzi (爱猫者)
Not coincidence

Fluffytail
Fluffytail
April 21, 2018 1:00 pm

Agree with all of u guys.

Craterpaw/lash who is super inactive (Crater)
Craterpaw/lash who is super inactive (Crater)
April 21, 2018 2:55 pm

I agree. He’s one of my favorite characters.

I’M BACK

♡ Moon (Moonbreeze) ♡
♡ Moon (Moonbreeze) ♡
April 21, 2018 5:32 pm

I agree! Very nice article!
One thing on Bramblestar: He is not being developed at all after he became leader. It really annoys me, and the AVoS Bramblestar is kind of dull with less character development. I wish he still hard a large part in the series like in the earlier series.

take aim. draw back. ignite.

Prowlclaw
Prowlclaw
April 22, 2018 4:20 pm

I agree with this statement. It seems like when a character becomes leader, they never get developed, even if they were the main. Firestar was almost never developed after he became leader (Other than Firestar’s Quest), and seemed to be looked up to as some mythical god whose power could never be obtained.

While I dislike Bramblestar, he always seemed to have interesting side plots before he became leader. I feel like Bramblestar had a lot of potential in his character, but just as we almost got to see what his life was like as a leader- BAM! We get pushed back to Alderpaw and Sparkpaw.

Spidersong
Spidersong
April 21, 2018 9:53 pm

I agree. Bramblestar is a good character. 🙂 Great article!
(Also, for future reference, can you put a space after every comma? It makes it a lot easier to read)

♬ ♩ ♪ ♩

Foxtail (Foxie)
Foxtail (Foxie)
April 21, 2018 11:37 pm
Reply to  Spidersong

Yes that would make it much easier!

#grammar_queen

LØVƎSIƆK BLIИK (runnin’ 4 SW)

Sky
Sky
April 22, 2018 3:23 am

(I’m a grammar freak too! Psst – there’s a comma after yes. 😉 )

Rainbow Turtle That Waves Pride Flag 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈(Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢)
Rainbow Turtle That Waves Pride Flag 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈(Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢)
June 11, 2020 7:26 pm

Great article! I really like Bramblestar. 😀
She has those eyes, that smile. I’m starting to feel dizzy.

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch