Silver or Millie: Who’s the better mate? by Robinpaw and Snowdapple

Robinpaw and Snowdapple debate over who was a better mate for Graystripe.

Art by The-Demon-Ferret

Random Reporter: And… welcome to the first ever Snowdapple vs Robinpaw debate! Today’s topic is: Who is the better mate: Millie vs Silverstream? I’ll hand it over to you, Snowdapple.
Snowdapple: Thank you! Hello everyone! Snowdapple here with my good friend Robinpaw! So just to be clear instead of me just being Snowdapple for now to make things easier I’m just going to go by Snow and Robinpawś going to go as Robin! Now please welcome my friend Robinpaw!
Robinpaw: Hello folks! As you know by now, I’m Robinpaw, and I’m really glad to be here today. This is our first argument (um, debate) on Blogclan, and so it’ll be fun! So.. that’s all I got for an intro, sorry I’m new at this (faint laughter)
Snow: Thank you Robinpaw. * Slowly Gives Robinpaw a glare* I. am So. on team Silverstream! Go Riverclan! *Gives a small jump into the air*
Robin: *Snorts* Yeah right. Silverstream was like, so sneaky. Crookedstar was her dad, and so I bet she was like, “Oh, well RiverClan won’t punish me. The Clan leader is my kin, he’ll forgive me.” How about that, Snow?
Snow: *narrows eyes* You’re going to be on team Millie. I can tell. And Silverstream sure was a little too confident with her father but doesn’t everyone trust their father to defend them and protect them? Like they should?
Robin: Maybe, but he was like, her free ticket of no punishment. Not everyone has a Clan leader for a dad to defend them.
Snow: No he was not! Well.. yeah not everyoneś lucky enough to have the leader as their father but don’t ALL Father’s protect their family?! *Stops* Wait… That’s wrong actually I mean.. What about Tigerstar? I mean he didn’t…. Uh…
Robin: And Millie, on the other hand, she became a WARRIOR with Graystripe’s help. She got him from Twolegplace to the lake territory. She was braver than Silverstream, who went crying to her daddy.
Snow: But she was a Kitty-pet which affected Thunderclan making it’s warrior’s not trust Graystripe or Millie that much, plus Millie never even took a Warrior name,so how can she be a true warrior? She never really fought or anything and never took an apprentice, What did Millie really contribute to the clan? Silverstream on the other hand was loyal to her mate and even thought she died at birth he never forgot her or his kits Feathertail and Stormfur! *Pants and catches breath* And… yes Millie did help Graystripe find Thunderclan… (I’ll give her that…) but she still has Kittypet genes inside her. *Sits down huffing*
Robin: Millie did fight, and while yes, Silverstream was feisty, she went behind her Clan’s back to mate Graystripe. That is NOT how a warrior does things. It’s against the warrior code! (I’m sounding like Hollyleaf LOL…) Millie, on the other hand, earned her place in ThunderClan many times over. Even though she never had a real warrior name, Brook (Brook Where Small Fish Swim) was a ThunderClan warrior for a time, a loyal ThunderClan warrior, and she never even took a warrior name. Oh, and if you want to talk about kittypet genes, the great and amazing Firestar had kittypet genes, and he (in my opinion) was one of the greatest leaders the forest had ever seen.
Snow: *Stays silent* ….Wow…. Okay…* Shakes head* Uh Can I tell you something that you kinda messed up Robin? So uh Graystripe and Millieś relationship is actually FORBIDDEN by the warrior code also. And Silverstream´s kitś also broke the warrior code too. Feathertail fell in love with Crowfeather from Windclan and Stormfur did break the code too by falling in love with Brook. And yes Iḿ perfectly aware that this probably would not help my case… (><) But also… When Briarlight (One of Millie’s kits) Got injured and all that unable to walk or become a real warrior stuff… Millie ignored her other kitś Bumblestripe and Blossomfall who in result when over to the Dark Forest. *Puffs out chest and sits back down a smug look on her face.*
Robin: You haven’t won this just yet, Snowy! It was only natural that Millie was worried about Briarlight, and sure maybe she showed it more toward her but she still loved her other kits. So yes Blossomfall felt rejected by Millie and she wanted more attention, JUST LIKE WHY IVYPOOL WENT TO THE DARK FOREST AT FIRST TOO. In the end, Millie expressed her love for all her kits. So there you go, Snow. What’s your defence (that I will probably rip apart?) *sits down and smugly crosses arms*
Snow: *Blinks* Uh… thereś also the one fact… well.. Itś kinda obvious… but Silverstream Is R.I.P….. you know dead…(-_-) (R.I.P Silver!) *Thinks* So uh… This may be a twist but if Iḿ honest with myself Silverstream Probably knew that Graystripe would meet Millie anyway… (Power. of.STARCLAN!! 🙂 So.. Maybe Silverstream approved of Millie because she knew her mate was…. Missing her and he needed someone else? *Sits unblinking staring at Robin Thinking: Can’t rip That Apart can you Robin? I win!! XD!!! *Purrs silently to herself*
Robin: So you think that SILVERSTREAM put MILLIE in GRAYSTRIPE’S PATH?! Don’t you think that it would mess things up in StarClan? When Silverstream, Graystripe, and Millie are all together there? It ain’t over yet, Snow!
Snow: *Stares in disbelief* W-what?! WHAT?! W-What was THAT?! UH Think about what you just said! Go, Think about it! If you think about what i said.. I was saying basically that well.. There have been many times where Starclan has been able to see the future, Itś has happened, and if it didn´t how would they create prophecies for the living cats? And Silverstream.. I mean she Had to know that her mate would eventually would get another mate right? And… well… Millie and Graystripe aren’t dead yet, Iḿ sure nothing would go wrong! *Thinks : This is NUTS!! (I gtg!)
Robin: Ok, fine, yes StarClan can see the future and stuff I know. But still it HAS to be awkward in StarClan right? Well I guess this isen’t resolved quite yet. In the comments below, tell us: who do YOU think is Greystripe’s better mate? Silver or Millie? Thanks for reading!

Fan Articles

Notify of
Snowdapple (Playing as: Snowdapple/Snow)
Snowdapple (Playing as: Snowdapple/Snow)
April 25, 2018 2:52 pm

I didn’t think this would come out!!! YAY!!!! 🙂 This is awesome!
(Silverstream is awesome though… Just saying…) (~-~)

Cinderflame/Silentlily
Cinderflame/Silentlily
May 3, 2018 12:22 am

MILLIE

Robin the Inactive Loner Who wants toy to click her name and join her on Silverpelt!
April 25, 2018 2:56 pm

Ok, so if anyone wants Snow and I to do a debate article, we’ll do it.
Examples:
AshXSquirrel or BrambleXSqurirrel
SandXFire or SpottedXFire
JayXHalf or JayXStick (ok this one we probably wouldn’t do… although I’d like to see someone else try!)

Sky

May 5, 2018 6:59 pm

JayXStick :>

Butterflyflower
Butterflyflower
April 25, 2018 7:58 pm

Good article!

I personally prefer GrayxMillie and Millie herself over GrayxSilver and Silverstream herself because I think the relationship/character has more development, but I still like Silverstream and GrayxSilver because Silverstream, whether people think she has flaws or not, is still a good cat, and she was still an important part of Graystripe’s life. Graystripe didn’t even meet Millie until a while after Silverstream died. Only he would know which one he truly cares about more, but I think he loves both of them. I don’t understand why people argue over which one he’ll choose in StarClan… Why DOES he have to choose between them? IT’S STARCLAN! A place where every cat is (supposed to be) happy together!
And about Millie being a kittypet and their relationship being “forbidden” I don’t entirely understand because the Warrior Code says “A warrior rejects the soft life of a kittypet.” Millie was never a warrior before she was a kittypet, but when she met Graystripe, she DID give up her kittypet life to be with him in ThunderClan as his mate.
The only thing I kind of agree with about how Millie can be bad is how she reacted with Briarlight’s injury…
First of all, I understand why she was worried about Briarlight. Briarlight couldn’t walk! Of course Millie was worried about her, whether Briarlight herself wanted her to or not. Briarlight could’ve just been saying everything was okay, when really it wasn’t. Of course, Millie as a mother, would be worried for her, even if Briarlight kept trying to convince her everything was okay.
But yes, she did probably yell too much at Blossomfall, and I do agree with what Sky said about her not caring that Blossomfall was sick, but while yes, she wasn’t a perfect mother and she had flaws, she isn’t a horrible cat. She made mistakes, but that doesn’t make her horrible, or even a horrible mother for the rest of her life. No one has perfect parents, and during the time Briarlight had her ingury, pretty much every cat was already stressed out enough (even StarClan!). So while I agree that Millie may not have been the best mother and definetly didn’t always treat Blossomfall that well, that shouldn’t make her bad for the rest of her life.
There’s also a lot of stuff in River of Fire that stood out to me about Millie and her family (including Blossomfall’s kits) that may further back up my opinion, but I don’t want to post any of that here because it would probably have major spoilers. 😛

Needletail4life
Needletail4life
April 28, 2018 6:45 pm

These cats’ skills:
Silverstream: Can swim
Millie: Can speak to dogs
What is more useful? Millie for the win! (How about Needletail? Yup, i’m obsessed :p really obsessed.)

Butterflyflower
Butterflyflower
April 28, 2018 8:37 pm

I actually totally forgot about her speaking to dogs! Yes! The second book in Graystripe’s Trilogy was actually really cute and funny because of that! 😛 And yes, Needletail is my second favorite character! 😀

Ebonypaw (Ebonygaze)
Ebonypaw (Ebonygaze)
April 28, 2018 10:38 pm

Needletail is my favorite.

Ebonypaw (Ebonygaze)
Ebonypaw (Ebonygaze)
April 28, 2018 10:40 pm

Millie only yelled at Blossomfall ONCE though, and it was because Blossomfall ran off into the tunnels instead of hunting for her Clan.

Spencer
Spencer
April 26, 2018 5:07 am

SilverstreamXGraystripe!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snowystorm
Snowystorm
April 27, 2018 2:53 am

okay here is my opinion is that silverstream was better but I personally don’t like Millie she always seems to think that everything revolves around herself and her daughter brairlight

hollyheart
hollyheart
May 2, 2018 6:42 pm

silverstream for the win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bluewater
Bluewater
May 5, 2018 6:06 pm

I’m a Silverstream shipper!

Go Silverstream!

My second favourite character!

Woo whoooo!!!!

Silver rocks!

Lilly_Wolf_468
Lilly_Wolf_468
November 20, 2018 8:31 pm

I prefer Graystripe and Millie. They always had been my favorite warrior couple.
We didn’t know a lot about Silverstream, unless I’m missing a book. 🙂 I read Graystripe’s Adventure and I loved it, I got to know Millie more, plus, Millie had saved Graystripe’s life for howling out loud! But also when I read the first series, Graystripe was already in love with Silverstream, and I just thought it was to soon right? Maybe? Maybe not? But Fireheart didn’t have a mate until the 6th book. And I just think it was TOO soon to have a mate for Graystripe …. I don’t know, that’s just my opinion.
Plus he basically went in the water, and Silverstream comes and he’s blinded over her looks. (Or well it seems.)
I don’t know about you, but I didn’t really like Silverstream. Sorry if I offended you, but it’s MY opinion. And I gave my reasons, it’s not the best, but Silverstream isn’t my favorite character. I like Millie more.

Bluestarlover!
Bluestarlover!
June 5, 2019 10:17 pm
Reply to  Lilly_Wolf_468

I love this comment!!!I am going with greystripe and Millie and same as you I never rlly liked silver stream either!😛

Silverheart
Silverheart
April 19, 2019 11:53 pm

I like Silverstream and Graystripe more. I’ve read the the first, second and third series of warriors already. I read The forest of secrets and Silverstream died of bearing Graystripe’s kits Stormfur and Feathertail. Even in the Power of three, Graystripe was still thinking of Silverstream when Millie was bearing his kits, Bumblestripe, Blossomfall and Briarlight and she did not die.

Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢
Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢
May 20, 2020 8:24 pm

GO SILVERSTREAM!!!!!!!!!! 🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂
KananXHera forever ❤️

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch