Ashfur’s murder theory by Ivylight

Ivylight share a theory about Ashfur’s death.

Art by TheBlueDrakeOfDoom

Hey everyone!! Ivylight here with an interesting theory!! I know that I’m new to blog clan but I found this kinda interesting when I thought about it. When ashfur was murdered, leafpool found a tuft of fur in his claws, she said that she recognized the scent but maybe it was not an individual scent. I believe that she smelled thunder clan scent and by the color of the fur guessed it belonged to hollyleaf. My theory is that it was not hollyleaf who killed ashfur but Darkstripe. Darkstripe would have smelled like thunder clan since that was the clan he was raised in and he and hollyleaf have the same fur color but he has patterns on it. Darkstripe may have killed ashfur and told hollyleaf that he would kill her brothers if she didn’t take the blame. Then leafpool confronted her and rather then telling the truth she died running from her clan.

I don’t think this is what happened but the more I think about it the more it made sense. here’s why:
Darkstripe wanted revenge on thunder clan for kicking him out.
Hollyleaf thought she was part of a prophecy so to her it was a chance to prove to her clan that she meant something.
Also darkstripe could have been told to kill him because it would have made a difference in the story line because thats when the whole dark forest thing started and thats also when people started making theory’s.
Also this is when lionblaze/lionpaw was training with tigerstar and hawkfrost.

So that was my theory on ashfur’s murder!! Please don’t judge the theory because I am soooooo new to this and just wanted to try it out. I’m not saying that this ABSOLUTELY happened or that it DID NOT happen I’m just saying that this is a possibility. Ashfur’s killer may always be a mystery because although Erin hunter wrote that it was indeed hollyleaf no one knows for sure and that is why the theory’s started. I hope you enjoyed reading about my theory and Thank you for spending some time reading it!!

Fan Articles

Notify of
Leafypaw wants you to click her name
Leafypaw wants you to click her name
May 23, 2018 9:16 pm

I like the idea, but some parts of it don’t make sense. I would explain, but I am unsure of how far you are in the books.

Crater didn’t log in
Crater didn’t log in
May 24, 2018 12:34 am

Interesting theory! It totally could be possible. It fills into place perfectly.

Ivy
Ivy
May 24, 2018 2:36 pm

nice article, ivylight! (great minds think alike when it comes to names. i’m ivyflight!)
It actually does make sense. i like it. Build on it with some more articles, i want to hear more in depth about this! nice!

🌟 Brighty Brightkit 🌟
🌟 Brighty Brightkit 🌟
May 24, 2018 2:39 pm

Interesting theory, Ivylight! However, I don’t think this could be true, because the books confirm that Hollyleaf killed Ashfur. But as Featherwish said above, maybe Darkstripe blackmailed or forced Hollyleaf to murder Ashfur? I guess we won’t ever know for sure.

The great reader
The great reader
May 27, 2018 8:31 pm

I’m sorry, but that’s not even close to credible. Hollyleaf herself said that she killed him, and explain why more than once in Sunrise. Jayfeather even went into her mine and saw Ashfur being murdered by Hollyleaf.

I'm in me mum's cAr
I'm in me mum's cAr
June 10, 2018 9:40 pm

Hollyleaf admitted to the crime and stressed out many times why she did it.

mr poop man!!!

Mapleshadedefender
Mapleshadedefender
October 2, 2018 3:45 pm

In the book Sunrise, Hollyleaf looks guilty so Jayfeather goes into her mind, it shows Hollyleaf stalking Ashfur like prey and leaping on him, tearing his throat, she dropped him in the river, and while Darkstripe could have blackmailed her, it couldn’t have been Darkstripe deliberately. Nice article, though. Keep up the good work!

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch