Ashfur’s murder theory by Ivylight

Ivylight share a theory about Ashfur’s death.

Art by TheBlueDrakeOfDoom

Hey everyone!! Ivylight here with an interesting theory!! I know that I’m new to blog clan but I found this kinda interesting when I thought about it. When ashfur was murdered, leafpool found a tuft of fur in his claws, she said that she recognized the scent but maybe it was not an individual scent. I believe that she smelled thunder clan scent and by the color of the fur guessed it belonged to hollyleaf. My theory is that it was not hollyleaf who killed ashfur but Darkstripe. Darkstripe would have smelled like thunder clan since that was the clan he was raised in and he and hollyleaf have the same fur color but he has patterns on it. Darkstripe may have killed ashfur and told hollyleaf that he would kill her brothers if she didn’t take the blame. Then leafpool confronted her and rather then telling the truth she died running from her clan.

I don’t think this is what happened but the more I think about it the more it made sense. here’s why:
Darkstripe wanted revenge on thunder clan for kicking him out.
Hollyleaf thought she was part of a prophecy so to her it was a chance to prove to her clan that she meant something.
Also darkstripe could have been told to kill him because it would have made a difference in the story line because thats when the whole dark forest thing started and thats also when people started making theory’s.
Also this is when lionblaze/lionpaw was training with tigerstar and hawkfrost.

So that was my theory on ashfur’s murder!! Please don’t judge the theory because I am soooooo new to this and just wanted to try it out. I’m not saying that this ABSOLUTELY happened or that it DID NOT happen I’m just saying that this is a possibility. Ashfur’s killer may always be a mystery because although Erin hunter wrote that it was indeed hollyleaf no one knows for sure and that is why the theory’s started. I hope you enjoyed reading about my theory and Thank you for spending some time reading it!!

Fan Articles

Bluefire
Bluefire
May 22, 2018 12:12 am

Actually that’s a pretty interesting theory =D
Plus it would mean Hollyleaf is innocent soooo
I’m for it

Snowbreeze
Snowbreeze
May 22, 2018 2:17 am

Nice theory, the only thing is that didn’t Hollyleaf remember killing him herself? Other than that, nice work! 🙂

Aster is Meowing for Chinese New Year!!! (Asterstorm/ Meowing Aster/ Astie)
Aster is Meowing for Chinese New Year!!! (Asterstorm/ Meowing Aster/ Astie)
May 22, 2018 5:09 am

Cool article 😆! It’s interesting and I think it can be true, as Dark Forest cats could “go back to life” at that time 😺.

Sorrelpaw [Sorrelstream] aka Sorzi
Sorrelpaw [Sorrelstream] aka Sorzi
May 22, 2018 7:30 am

Stormberry Who Knows Princess Leia And Is Also A Cat Master
Stormberry Who Knows Princess Leia And Is Also A Cat Master
May 22, 2018 1:01 pm

I think this this theory has some possibility.
SPOILER ALERT

Remember how Tigerstar/claw was hearing Mapleshade inside his head? (Happened in Tigerclaw’s Fury)
Well if this theory is true, then Darkstripe could be putting the images in her head so she would slowly think that she actually DID killl Ashfur 😉

(Forestpaw/pool) Forest That Blows Blossoms To The Lake
(Forestpaw/pool) Forest That Blows Blossoms To The Lake
May 22, 2018 2:32 pm

That was actually pretty interesting!

Littlefang
Littlefang
May 22, 2018 5:15 pm

Perhaps, remember Brambleclaw saw it

Stargleam
Stargleam
May 22, 2018 8:00 pm

Hollyleaf killed him. It was confirmed in the books. Brambleclaw was lying when he said he saw her kill Ashfur.

Sky
Sky
May 22, 2018 9:13 pm

I don’t believe this. But this was interesting to hear from you about.

So I don’t think Hollyleaf would have done that. She wouldn’t have cared about her life more than the code.

Also, how could Darkstripe have come down to the living world? As I remember, the Dark Forest cats weren’t powerful enough at that time to go down..

Foxtail (Foxie)
Foxtail (Foxie)
May 22, 2018 10:49 pm

I agree with Sky. Besides, Darkstripe died in the first series, remember? 🙂 And it’s confirmed that Hollyleaf did kill him (says so in the series and in Hollyleaf’s Story when she was remembering what she did). Also, why would Darkstripe kill him anyway? Also, Leafpool wasn’t even born yet when Darkstripe was alive so how could she recognize the scent? But anyway that’s just my opinion.

🌈owlfeather-owly🌈
🌈owlfeather-owly🌈
May 23, 2018 4:19 am

Thats an interesting theory! It would be nice to know Hollyleaf was innocent. Nice article! 🙂

Featherwish
Featherwish
May 23, 2018 7:14 am

Nice theory! This is quite an original one! What if Darkstripe trained her in the Dark Forest and either blackmailed or simply forced her to do it?

Snowypaw(Snowystorm)
Snowypaw(Snowystorm)
May 23, 2018 12:53 pm

But how would that work? Holly leaf admitted that she killed ashfur

• EchoClaw