Why TigerxDove Isn’t So Bad by Moonpaw

Moonpaw defends Tigerheart and Dovewing’s relationship. Spoilers for Tigerheart’s Shadow and AVoS!

Art by Kell-2K

Spoilers for Tigerheart’s Shadow and a bit of AVoS!

I used to dislike Dovewing and Tigerheart, and especially their ship. I disliked their characters in general, and felt like we didn’t need another couple with different clans. When Shadowclan was seeking refuge in Thunderclan’s camp in DD, I was disappointed to find that Dovewing and Tigerheart’s bond was growing once more. I was upset when they ran away together, and I believed it was forever since the book ended with them still away from the clans.

Now I have recently finished reading the book Tigerheart’s Shadow. At first I was hesitant to read it, seeing as it would clearly have a lot of drama with their relationship and whatnot. But as I read further into the book, I became more and more interested. Seeing their relationship from the view of a father torn between his mate and his clans shone new light on the couple. When he chose to initiate a quest to find his mate and abandon his clan, it showed pure devotion to his love. He left his clan knowing that he may never return, and that if he did, he may lose the respect of his clanmates and his position as deputy, but he did it anyway.

He wanders on aimlessly, being driven by the need to protect his mate, and how vulnerable Dovewing was as a pregnant she cat traveling alone in search of something that they don’t even know if it for sure exists. When he eventually finds her he feels overwhelming love and relief knowing that she was safe. They experience much together, and raise their kits well. And I never learned how strong their love was until reading this book. Tigerheart remains extremely loyal to his clan, and eventually convinces Dovewing that it’s time for them to return to the clans.

During the journey they continue to show powerful love for each other and their kits. When Tigerheart was dying it made me upset. Dovewing was desperately trying to keep him alive and persisted until Tigerheart gave in to the darkness. Dovewing and the group carried Tigerheart’s body all the way to the Moonpool, their last chance to save Tigerheart. Once Tigerstar gained his nine (technically eight because he already used one) lives, he returned to his clanmates. Dovewing shows her burning love for him by leaving Thunderclan to raise their kits together in Shadowclan.

So in conclusion, I would say that Tigerheart and Dovewing isn’t such a bad couple. I have grown to love them and now TigerxDove may be one of my favorites. They have showed burning love for eachother, enough to leave their clans for the other.

What do you guys think? Do you agree? Disagree?

Fan Articles

Foxtail (Foxie)
Foxtail (Foxie)
May 27, 2018 1:44 am

Omsc same!!!! I used to really dislike this ship too until I read the series again (aloud to my mom and sister) and suddenly began to appreciate it and started to actually like it. Now I’m dying to read Tigerheart’s Shadow haha (even though I’ve seen so many spoilers but I still want to read it for myself).

Butterflyflower
Butterflyflower
May 27, 2018 1:57 am

YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😀 (I may have gotten a little too excited 😛 )

Sky
Sky
May 27, 2018 2:45 am

YES DOVEXTIGER IS AN AMAZING SHIP!!! I mean, DoveXBumble was pretty bad. It’s like a needy husband pushing a wife who a) isn’t ready and b) obviously isn’t that into him.

Starpaw/blossom (Star)
Starpaw/blossom (Star)
May 27, 2018 4:09 am

I still don’t really like DovexTiger. Can’t she just be a single Pringle. I’m tired of forbidden relationships.

💗 Cheetahspark 💗
💗 Cheetahspark 💗
May 27, 2018 1:36 pm

Great article! I’m pretty neutral about Tigerdove. I don’t hate them, and I don’t love them. But I think this article made me like them a little bit more 🙂

🌈owlfeather-owly🌈
🌈owlfeather-owly🌈
May 27, 2018 8:21 pm

Yes! Same! I used to dislike them but after reading Tigerheart’s Shadow they are one of my favorites 🙂 Nice article!

Stormberry
Stormberry
May 27, 2018 10:33 pm

I hate Tiger X Dove

Brackenpaw (Brackenstorm)
Brackenpaw (Brackenstorm)
May 27, 2018 10:48 pm

TigerxDove is good.

Heronfall
Heronfall
May 28, 2018 11:43 pm

I prefer thinking that Dovewing still has a little spot in her heart that wants Bumblestripe. He’s one of my favorite characters, and trust me, it takes a lot to get up there with Da Jay Boi.

Butterflyflower
Butterflyflower
May 29, 2018 9:43 pm

To be honest though, Dovewing wasn’t just doing things with Tigerheart. She was helping her Clan too. (like when the tree fell down in camp and during The Great Battle), and Tigerheart was also spying on the Dark Forest. Everyone seems to forger about that and just say that Ivypool did everything.

Tumblekit (formerly Goldenkit)
Tumblekit (formerly Goldenkit)
June 3, 2018 4:33 am

Hi! I really don’t see why people hate this ship, apart from the repetitive forbidden romance cycle in warriors. I don’t think I ever hated them. Right now I can’t find Tigerheart’s Shadow anywhere, i’m utterly dying to read it. Anyway, if you hate this ship, I have one question for you: Why? I’m curious to know.

Sleepyhead (Flamepaw)
Sleepyhead (Flamepaw)
June 5, 2018 1:36 am

I wish I could add my opinion, but I really need to catch up on the all the books. Happy birthday!

Primroseshine
Primroseshine
January 22, 2020 11:11 pm

Now to think about it… Does a cat get 10 lives because of their normal life, or 8 extra lives, leaving the normal one for the last life. The books never specified.

• EchoClaw