Why Brackenfur Deserves a Special Edition by Boulderstripe

Boulderstripe shares their idea for a Super Edition on Brackenfur.

Art by Cat-Patrisiya

Today, I, Boulderstripe, will be talking about why Brackenfur deserves a special edition.

Brackenfur is one of my favorite characters in all of Warriors, and I have three main reasons on why he deserves a special edish. The first one being how old and experienced he is. As of Darkest Night, I believe he is the second oldest cat behind Graystripe, after (*spoiler alert*) Purdy dies. ( I was so sad about that) So it would be cool to see his point of view from his old forest home, with Bluestar being leader, his mentor Graystripe going to RiverClan, and the fight with BloodClan. Then we can detail him going to their new home by the lake, and how he feels about all that, growing up in the forest home. My second and main reason is how he deals with all the grief in his life. When I started brainstorming about this, I realized how much grief he has had in his life. (SOME SPOILERS COMING UP) Let’s start off with his mother, Frostfur. She stays behind during the Great Journey, claiming she would only slow them down. Next, his mentor, Graystripe. First off, he leaves him for RiverClan. Then he is captured by Twolegs on the journey, never to come back. (He did eventually). Then his sister, Cinderpelt, lamed by a monster, and forced to give up her dream of being a warrior, and died to the claws of a badger to protect his mate Sorreltail. His other sister, Brightheart, her face ripped apart by dogs. Then, when he makes it to the lake territory, he is relieved and hopes for a new beginnning, which he achieves with his kits, Honeyfern, Cinderheart, and Poppyfrost as his first litter. Grief strikes again, with Honeyfern being killed by an adder. Then his next batch of kits, Lilyheart and Seedpaw, barely remember their mother, Sorreltail, who was killed in the Great Battle. Not only that, but Seeedpaw drowns in Bramblestars Storm. AND NOT ONLY THAT, BUT HIS BEST FRIEND DIES TOO. Dustpelt is killed by badgers towards the end of the book. And there is one quote especially that shows their friendship, and how much he depended on him. (I don’t remember exactly, but it was something like: “Hey Dustpelt, can yo— oh I forgot, he’s in Starclan now”, or something like that). Also, three of his apprentices are no longer with him: Tawnypelt gone to ShadowClan, Hollyleaf killed in the Great Battle, and Icecloud, died in the greencough outbreak after the Great Battle. Now, after aaaaallll the grief he has faced, how he goes through it, and how he can go through patrols and still be a warrior, I will never understand. Also, I kinda wish Brackenfur was deputy instead of Brambleclaw, because I think he deserved it more, but of course StarClan HAD to send an omen for BrambleClaw. It would be nice to see Brackenfur have that honor, but he is still one of the best warriors, and a senior warrior nonetheless. That’s it for my vouch for Brackenfur to have his own super edition.

(P.S. This was my first article, sorry for it being really weird and run-onny)

Fan Articles

Notify of
🌈owlfeather-owly🌈
Owlfeather
May 29, 2018 12:30 am

Nice! I really like Brackenfur, I never realized how much suffering he had to go through though.

Willowpaw (Wistep)
Willowpaw (Wistep)
May 29, 2018 3:17 am

I agree! Although I feel like his story would work better as a novella. 🙂

Cheetahspark
Cheetahspark
May 29, 2018 4:09 am

Brackenfur is definitely a great cat, and he did suffer a lot of loss. But all of these things you described we’ve already read about, so we’d basically be reading about everything we’ve already read about just in a different POV. Great article though 🙂

Brackenpaw (Brackenstorm)
Brackenpaw (Brackenstorm)
May 29, 2018 11:14 pm
Reply to  Cheetahspark

POV is point of view?

Cinderpelt
Cinderpelt
October 19, 2020 3:26 pm

Yep

Stormberry The Jedi Cat
Stormberry The Jedi Cat
May 29, 2018 11:34 am

Nice Article!

Aster is Meowing for Chinese New Year!!! (Asterstorm/ Meowing Aster/ Astie)
Aster is Meowing for Chinese New Year!!! (Asterstorm/ Meowing Aster/ Astie)
May 29, 2018 3:39 pm

Nice article 😸! Brackenfur is an amazing cat, he surely deserves a super edition or novella and have more notices from reader. Sadly, I’ve never seen that how much suffering he needed to go through in his life till now. I also think he can really be a great deputy, as he just have the right personality and enough experience for this position 😉.

!!Running for senior warrior!!

UniqueRaven
UniqueRaven
May 29, 2018 3:45 pm

That *sniff* touched the *sniff* bottom of my heart. *blows into a handkerchief*

*Bursts into tears, torn between sorrow and joy*

~~"UniqueRaven"~~

Brackenpaw (Brackenstorm)
Brackenpaw (Brackenstorm)
May 29, 2018 11:16 pm

i think Brackenfur should have been deputy. then stupid star clan had come come in and be the party poopers!YESS BRACKENFUR NEEDS A SUPER EDITION! also he is my fav char.

Sky
Sky
May 30, 2018 1:24 am

Nice article. However, I don’t believe that Brackenfur needs a Super Edition…. I mean, that’s a bit too much. What would it even contain? Brackenfur is born, Brackenfur is trained, Brackenfur is in love, Brackenfur has a broken heart, oh no, now Brackenfur is ignored because there are too many new cats.

But this was a very nice article! 🙂

Fallenshadows
Fallenshadows
May 30, 2018 3:21 pm

Nice article, Boulderstripe! 🙂 I think that a Novella on Brackenfur would be interesting, but I’m not really sure what they could put in a Super Edition for him. It would be very interesting to see how he was able to cope with all of the loss he had to live through, and yet he never seemed to be broken in any way. I also agree with you that he should have been deputy! With all of his experience paired up with his good personality, I think he would have made a great deputy! 🙂

6.022 x 10^23

jayyfeatherr
jayyfeatherr
June 4, 2018 9:27 pm

Omg I completely agree with this! Also, don’t forget that his only son, Molepaw, died as an apprentice due to greencough. THEN, come to find out that his only brother, Thornclaw, trained in the Dark Forest… Basically turning his back on his whole family for awhile. And then, when Brackenfur deserved it the most, Brambleclaw became deputy instead. When Brambleclaw became Bramblestar, I bet Brackenfur was very disappointed at the fact that Bramblestar chose Squirrelflight over him. But all in all, Brackenfur has definitely gone through some hardship and most definitely deserves a Super Edition!

Paige R. H-F

🎄 Not-So-Sane Hot Cocoa Rain 🎄
🎄 Not-So-Sane Hot Cocoa Rain 🎄
July 25, 2018 4:59 pm

I completely agree! Brackenfur is one of my MOST favorite cats, and I’ve read that one of the Erins’ favorite characters is him. That’s probably why they haven’t killed him off yet, and also because he’s just an amazing character. His life is full of sorrow, heartbreak, and loss, but he doesn’t show too much grief. Apart from in Bramblestar’s Storm, when he said ( mewed ) about how every flower, every blade of grass reminds him of Sorreltail. My heart aches for him. I agree he would have been an amazing deputy and a great leader, as in the Power of Three Hollyleaf ( Hollypaw ) pointed out that Brackenfur almost never got impatient with her. He’s a very patient, thoughtful, and kind character. He deserves either a Novella or a Super Edition. By now, he’s a bit too old to become deputy, but he’s lived long and I thank the Erins very much for that. I will cry both in happiness and sadness when he goes to StarClan, because he will be reunited with all he has lost, but also because the living cats will miss him very greatly. Good job on this article.

love lasts forever

𝔼𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣𝕓𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕤𝕠𝕞/𝕡𝕒𝕨 (𝔼𝕞𝕓𝕪)
𝔼𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣𝕓𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕤𝕠𝕞/𝕡𝕒𝕨 (𝔼𝕞𝕓𝕪)
May 24, 2019 1:37 am

I totally agree! That quote where he forgets that Dustpelt is dead actually made me cry

🍊🥛🍠🧂🐱🐱🦉🦉

Night-tail
Night-tail
March 2, 2020 7:07 am

oh my gosh I forgot about that part in the series! I’m starting to cry!

Night-tail

nightstorm is bored
nightstorm is bored
April 26, 2020 7:25 pm
Reply to  Night-tail

im crying!

Cinderpelt
Cinderpelt
October 19, 2020 3:25 pm

OMG BEST BONUS STORY COLLECTION EVER:
Love of the clans
Brackenfur, Thrushpelt, and Silverstrem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch