Why It Is NOT Pinestar’s Fault That Tigerstar Turned Evil by Stormberry

Stormberry shares why they think Pinestar was not to blame for Tigerstar’s decisions.

Art by Lithestep

Hello! Stormberry here. This will either be my first or second article.
I know, I know, why Pinestar? I am doing this because I am always finding comments about how much people hate Pinestar. WARNING this contains spoilers for Pinestar’s Choice and a little bit about Tigerstar. You Have Been Given A Fair Warning.
Pinestar started out as any normal apprentice-excited to serve his Clan. He was first introduced to kittypets when he was walking past Twoleg place. A yellow eye of a kittypet was staring at him through a hole in the fence. When he was still an apprentice the leader at the time told the Clan to attack/threaten the kittypets so they wouldn’t cross their scent markers. FYI a kittypet had recently saved his life. When he a “attacking” Twoleg place he encountered that kittypet the kittypet was frightened for her kits (of course). One was if those kits was Jake. *Skipping Ahead* Pinestar now has his warrior name-Pineheart. The leader before him dies of sickness and Pineheart becomes Pinestar. Later, Pinestar encounters Jake-he talks to Jake and just talks about life.
I’m sure your asking right now-what the heck does this have to do with Tigerstar?! I’m getting to that.
So Jake introduces him to Shanty. Later Shanty is the only cat Pinestar feels he can share his fears and worries with. He then finds out that Leopardfoot is expecting kits-he feels so overwhelmed and Shanty says it is wonderful news and he shouldn’t worry. Later when Leaopardfoot is kitting he is so worried and tries to find Shanty. He finds her alright-on another side of the Thunderpath. She runs across the Thunderpath and he runs to her trying to save her life and loses a life by doing this. But Shanty still dies. Pinestar is devastated. Starclan is them telling him to kill his own kit. Pinestar is so overwhelmed he leaves the Clan.
Onto Tigerstar:
Tigerstar made all his own choices he might of felt a little pressure about his father becoming a kittypet but pressure doesn’t turn someone evil!!!!! It also doesn’t help that’s Thistleclaw was his mentor. He then brutally attacks a kit. THAT IS JUST WRONG. He then becomes a warrior and is slightly feared. He becomes Tigerstar and makes a TON of horrible choices. Pinestar wasn’t exactly a bad influence in his life. So Pinestar is NOT the reason Tigerstar turned evil.
Stormberry Out!!!

Fan Articles

Notify of
Stormberry The Jedi Cat
Stormberry The Jedi Cat
May 31, 2018 12:39 am

(I meant for this article to be about defending Pinestar but I pretty much did that)

Cheetahspark
Cheetahspark
May 31, 2018 3:13 am

I mean, I think that it was ultimately Tigerstar’s fault that he turned evil. But Pinestar was definitely one of the factors in Tigerstar’s choices, as was Thistleclaw. But it was generally Tigerstar’s own fault.

Sky
Sky
May 31, 2018 4:53 am
Reply to  Cheetahspark

I agree. But more Pinestar than Thistleclaw… 🙂

Stormberry The Very Stormy Berry
Stormberry The Very Stormy Berry
June 26, 2018 2:34 am
Reply to  Sky

More Thistleclaw

Maplestar
Maplestar
May 28, 2020 3:41 pm
Reply to  Cheetahspark

Yeah, I think the reason Tigerstar hated kittypets (like Firestar) so much is because he was upset that his father left to become one.

Sky
Sky
May 31, 2018 4:06 am

It wasn’t all just pressure from a father who left his Clan to become a kittypet. Tigerstar I didn’t know that Pinestar was getting all these signs! To him, it seemed like Pinestar was ignoring his family. For StarClan’s sake, even BLUESTAR thought that Pinestar was a bad father when he literally goes “oh let’s eat” when his MATE is kitting and then suddenly disappears!! How would you feel if your dad was always disappearing, didn’t care about you or your mother, and then abandoned not only his Clan, but his MATE who was raising SICKLY KITS? Tigerstar really wanted to be the best and strongest because he wanted to prove himself to himself because PINESTAR MADE HIM FEEL WORTHLESS. Had Tigerstar gotten any other mentor, I suppose that he wouldn’t have been as bloodthirsty, but Thistleclaw shouldn’t have half the blame that Pinestar deserves. I agree that he made his own choices later on, though.

🌟 Brighty Brightkit 🌟
🌟 Brighty Brightkit 🌟
June 2, 2018 5:23 pm
Reply to  Sky

I agree.

Brackenpaw (Brackenstorm)
Brackenpaw (Brackenstorm)
May 31, 2018 7:12 am

MY REASONS WHY TIGERSTAR TURNED EVIL:
PINESTAR SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO STARCLAN AND KILLED TIGERSTAR. OR ACTULLY PLAY WITH TIGERSTAR OR HE WOULDNT HAVE FELT A BIT STRESSED, THEN THISTLECLAW WAS HIS MENTOR AND THEN TRAINED TIGERSTAR TO BE EVIL AND MAPLESHADE TOLD HIM THE WRONG THINGS!!!

Sky
Sky
May 31, 2018 12:43 pm

That’s partly true. However, Tigerstar could have chosen to be like Lionblaze, who had a bad mentor and was haunted by evil spirits yet ultimately made the right choices. So it was mostly his own fault, however, Pinestar should have played with Tigerstar.

Prowlclaw
Prowlclaw
June 6, 2018 12:21 am
Reply to  Sky

I would argue it was more Mapleshade’s fault. She was the voice inside his head telling him to be evil.

-Not all who wander are lost-

Snowypaw (Snowystorm)
Snowypaw (Snowystorm)
May 31, 2018 9:11 am

Its no-ones fault that tigerstar became evil it’s his own noone can controll what he wants to do and wht he does

Aster is Meowing for Chinese New Year!!! (Asterstorm/ Meowing Aster/ Astie)
Aster is Meowing for Chinese New Year!!! (Asterstorm/ Meowing Aster/ Astie)
May 31, 2018 11:26 am

I agree that Pinestar isn’t the reason that turns Tigerstar evil. It’s Tigerstar’s own chioce to be evil 😉.

!!Running for senior warrior!!

🌈owlfeather-owly🌈
🌈owlfeather-owly🌈
June 2, 2018 6:40 pm

I agree that it was mostly himself and Thistleclaw that lead to Tigerstar to become Tigerstar, but I think Pinestar did play a part in it. Nice article 🙂

thats not very plus ultra of u

Jayda
Jayda
September 22, 2020 2:53 pm

Pine star yes he was a coward but he isn’t the reason why his son turned out the way that he did. I mean even the medicine cat Goosefeather said that Tigerstar would be evil and that he didn’t like him. No one believed him at the time but it’s not Pinestar’s fault that his son is evil.

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch