The Strong Bond Between Littermates by Iceclaw

Iceclaw talks about the bonds between littermates throughout the series.

Art by Wayne McLoughlin

Hi BlogClan! It’s me Iceclaw! Ta da! (I think I’m best known for my skits: Which Warrior?). Today for my article, I’m going to talk about the bond between littermates.

First up,

Squirrelflight and Leafpool

Those two sisters definitely had a special bond between themselves. I will be pointing out some major events that prove how special their relationship is.

Squirrelpaw (as an apprentice) was really determined to save her sister from her capture in the Twolegplace
They have this special ability where they can sense each other’s emotions, kinda like Jayfeather’s ability. (Cool!).
Squirrelflight agreed to lie for Leafpool about her kits. She agreed to lie to her clan, to her mate, to everyone. She must have known the consequences will be big. That is how much she loved her sister.

2. Ivypool and Dovewing

As apprentices, Ivypool felt unrecognized compared to her sister, Dovewing. She didn’t want to live under her shadow. But in the end, they were still sisters.

They expressed concern towards each other whenever one of them was in trouble
Comfort each other when one of them is sad

3. Lionblaze, Hollyleaf, and Jayfeather

As kits, all three of them were adventurous, leading them into some trouble! They were the original three, and not only that, they were littermates.

They embarked on an adventure; the really first one as kits, exploring the fox den!
They believed they held the power of stars in their paws, leading into an even more close relationship with each other; they had a unique connection with each other
After Hollyleaf ran away, Jayfeather and Lionblaze kept her secret and was really happy to see her again when she came back again

4. Snowfur and Bluestar

And finally, Snowfur and Bluestar. Even though Snowfur died early, she was with her sister through hard times.
as kits, they play together a lot
As warriors, they hunted together
When Snowfur died, Bluestar felt the loss badly. (Some littermates such as Brackenfur and Cinderpelt were not really close. Brackenfur did not really grieve for Cinderpelt).
Even dead, Snowfur watched over her sister and guided her through obstacles

THE END…

I hope you enjoyed this article! Share your thoughts down below. 🙂

Fan Articles

Notify of
Bluevelociraptor
Bluevelociraptor
July 18, 2018 12:24 am

Nice article 🙂

Also, how do you know Brackenfur didn’t grieve for Cinderpelt? There’s no proof that he didn’t. Some people/cats aren’t as open about it.

Cheetahspark
Cheetahspark
July 18, 2018 12:25 am

I agree with most of this, but who said Brackenfur didn’t grieve for Cinderpelt?! He named his kit after her, and he was shown to be guilty for going on with his apprenticeship when Cinderpelt couldn’t. There’s probably more evidence, but I’m in a hurry 😛

🌈owlfeather-owly🌈
🌈owlfeather-owly🌈
July 18, 2018 12:40 am

I totally agree, nice article! 😀

thats not very plus ultra of u

Emberpaw Is So So So Happy For Ivy!!!
Emberpaw Is So So So Happy For Ivy!!!
July 18, 2018 1:57 am

Great article! My favorite littermates are Jayfeather and Lionblaze. After Hollyleaf left, it was just the two of them, and they were really close.

Iceclaw
Iceclaw
July 20, 2018 3:53 am

thanks!

Stormy (Stormberry)
Stormy (Stormberry)
July 18, 2018 2:58 am

I agree that littermates have an extremely strong bond but it depends on the cats because some littermates aren’t close to each other

“I am no Jedi” -Ahsoka Tano

Lily that grows in Whispering Cave (Lilypaw of SkyClan)
Lily that grows in Whispering Cave (Lilypaw of SkyClan)
July 18, 2018 8:07 am

Nice article!

Aster is Meowing for Chinese New Year!!! (Asterstorm/ Meowing Aster/ Astie)
Aster is Meowing for Chinese New Year!!! (Asterstorm/ Meowing Aster/ Astie)
July 18, 2018 12:32 pm

Nice job 😸! Though I have no siblings, I can tell that the bond between littermates are very strong 😉. They grow together, experience similar things and share a closer relationship than with any other cats (at least most of them are like this 😛). Watching these cats adventuring together is very enjoyable 😺.

!!Running for senior warrior!!

Foxtail (Foxie)
Foxtail (Foxie)
July 18, 2018 6:02 pm

No I’m sure Brackenfur grieved. He just hid it so that he could comfort Sorreltail (his mate) when her brother, Sootfur, died. Why do you think Cinderheart was named Cinderkit?

Good article though!

LØVƎSIƆK BLIИK (runnin’ 4 SW)

Lilacpaw/frost - Li
Lilacpaw/frost - Li
July 18, 2018 8:09 pm

The bond that littermates share is really based on who they are and what they’ve been through, as you explained with Jayfeather, Lionblaze, and Hollyleaf. Good and interesting article!

Live. Laugh. Love. Blog.

Sky
Sky
July 19, 2018 2:41 am

Nice job! I’ve always loved the bonds between littermates, especially the strong ones.

But as Blue and Cheetah said, who says that Brackenfur didn’t grieve?

Iceclaw
Iceclaw
July 20, 2018 3:52 am
Reply to  Sky

oh oops! forgot about that. :O

🎄 Not-So-Sane Hot Cocoa Rain 🎄
🎄 Not-So-Sane Hot Cocoa Rain 🎄
July 26, 2018 10:40 pm

I would rant about how awesome Brackenfur is, but Cheeto, Sky, Foxie, and Blue pretty much voiced what I really needed to say. 😀

love lasts forever

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch