Lost Stars Spoiler Page

The new series, The Broken Code hits the shops on April 9, 2019 with the first instalment written by Cherith Baldry, Lost Stars.

Here’s a page for you to discuss it.

Note: We know you’re excited to continue reading about the lives of these characters, and love the world that the Erins have set up, but Kate is very busy and may not be able to get back to you regarding specific questions you may have – and she certainly can’t answer questions that spoil the next books! If a moderator or Kate tells you that they can’t answer your question, then we ask you to respect that answer. Thank you for your understanding! 🙂

2,069 Replies to “Lost Stars Spoiler Page”

1. Cookiemouth
    March 26, 2019 at 1:22 pm

Is it possible that Ivytail from ShadowClan is the mother to Stonewing and Wasptail? We see her as queen in Season 4, but never get to know who her kits are. And then in Season 6 there are suddenly Stonewing and Wasptail in ShadowClan and we don’t know where they came from. It fits so perfectly!

• Sunlake(star)
      March 28, 2019 at 1:32 am

It says nothing for family about Wasptail, nothing for Ivytail, and only mate and kits for Stonewing. It may be that they are all related.

• Cookiemouth
        March 28, 2019 at 8:27 pm

Uhm, yes that is why I asked because it says nothing about it jet.

2. Sunpaw
    March 26, 2019 at 2:03 pm

ThunderClan and ShadowClan now have an overpopulation problem.

We need a cat purge for them.

3. March 26, 2019 at 2:47 pm

Millie died?!?
    How?!?

Cinderpelt's Apprentice

• March 27, 2019 at 1:04 pm

Wait, Leafpool died too?!? What is going on?!?

Cinderpelt's Apprentice

• Flowerstep
        March 28, 2019 at 1:23 am

And Ambermoon (my favorite baby) and Larksong 🙁

4. 𝐿𝑒𝒶𝒻𝓅𝒶𝓌
    March 26, 2019 at 5:57 pm

Kate, a friend told me that Lost Stars and Redtail’s Debt had over 3,000 pages. Was she right?

• A Kate for All Seasons
      March 27, 2019 at 8:04 am

BlogTeam Administrator, Leader

5. snapcracklepop
    March 26, 2019 at 9:49 pm

I’m happy that Millie and Leafpool died! What are your thoughts?

• A Kate for All Seasons
      March 27, 2019 at 8:07 am

Happy?? Give a thought for Graystripe and Squirrelflight! What would they say if they knew you were happy about their loss? 😛

BlogTeam Administrator, Leader

• snapcracklepop
        March 27, 2019 at 10:49 am

XD I know, I feel bad but do not like either characters. Millie ignored Bumblestripe and Blossomfall, And for Leafpool she just bored me. Also thanks for replying, I literally just joined blogclan.

• A Kate for All Seasons
          March 28, 2019 at 10:35 am

Welcome! 🙂

BlogTeam Administrator, Leader

• Nightfall
        March 31, 2019 at 5:39 pm

Good point!

6. Nightfall
    March 27, 2019 at 12:52 am

I want to see a nebelung cat in the series.
    Its kinda like a long-haired russian blue
    It would be like a long-haired Bluestar!
    Also I want Shadowpaw to be called Shadowfang.

• Pineblossom/Blossom in Pine Forest
      March 27, 2019 at 1:55 pm

That’s more of a warrior name tho…
      I think he should be called shadowheart or shadowsight

young, scrappy and hungry

• Ashwillow12
        March 27, 2019 at 9:25 pm

ohh I like Shadowsight

• Sunlake(star)
        March 28, 2019 at 1:33 am

Shadowheart, Lightwing, and Pouncepool were my names….well, we still may get Shadowheart!!

• Nightfall
        March 31, 2019 at 5:41 pm

Well Yellowfang Is a med cat
        Er…She did start out as a warrior tho…
        But I still like shadowfang and Shadowheart.

7. March 27, 2019 at 8:18 am

Kate, what do you think about a lot of the background characters
    Because some of my favourites are major background characters, like Tuna from Tigerheart’s shadow and Cherryfall is another favourite. I’m just wondering what you think of background characters
    Are they fun to develop ?

Somewhere that’s Green

• A Kate for All Seasons
      March 28, 2019 at 10:37 am

I love background characters most tbh. Because they haven’t been “designed”, they make up their own personalities. They sort of pop in with their own tone of voice or way of acting or saying things, not dictated by the plot, but by their very own nature. 🙂 I think this is why, although they have small parts, they often leave a stronger impression than major protagonists who have been carefully drawn.

BlogTeam Administrator, Leader

• Brambleheart
        March 29, 2019 at 12:18 am

I like Fuzzball. Do you like Fuzzball, and who is your favorite background character?

• A Kate for All Seasons
          March 29, 2019 at 8:07 am

I love Fuzzball!
          Give me a shortlist 🙂

BlogTeam Administrator, Leader

• March 29, 2019 at 8:29 am

Oooo Kate do you like Tuna ?
            He’s one of my favourites !

Somewhere that’s Green

• A Kate for All Seasons
              March 29, 2019 at 2:43 pm

BlogTeam Administrator, Leader

8. Moonshade
    March 27, 2019 at 1:18 pm

I would love to see Ivypool become leader. She’s had such a great character development, imo one of the best perhaps. I find her very likeable as well, and I’ve noticed she has some flaws but that seems to make her more of an interesting character. She’s also quite young, and has a lot more life in her than Squirrelflight or other suggestions that other people have had like Whitewing. (I’d love to see Squirrelflight be leader too, such a feisty cat) I know people don’t want a Firestar related leader, but to be honest Ivypool and Firestar were so incredibly different in pretty much every way, there are many generations between the two, and at the end of her OotS perspective I felt that her character had so much more potential, and especially now that her sister has left her for Tigerstar I feel like Ivypool’s character might be facing a new exciting story, especially as a protagonist is Ivypool’s kit. I’d just love to see Ivypool have some recognition for her amazing work in OotS that never really seemed to be rewarded, and her sister leaving her in AVoS. What does everyone think?

• March 27, 2019 at 5:45 pm

I hate Ivypool and she’d be a horrible leader, even without my bias. She’d be like a Leopardstar clone, but ThunderClan style, maybe worse than Leopardstar. What makes things worse is that Tigerheart is also leader, and in TS she basically talks him down the entire book and even attacks him by slashing him with her claws. That’s not an exactly smart move there, Ivypool. Great way to start bad terms with your enemy. No, she doesn’t deserve leadership or deputyship and shouldn’t become either. She has should no leadership skills at all, and her “work” (she didn’t do fox-dung in OotS, fight me) doesn’t matter at all. But everybody in Warriors-canon seems to worship Ivypool, and goes on about how she did so much and all that when she did nada. So no. She shouldn’t become leader or deputy. Like Jayfeather, she’s a grump. Except he has a reason to be rude. Ivypool’s rude for no reason, 24/7.

Don’t bother debating with me. Ivypool will never be likable for me and will always be my least favorite character.

ketchup is a smoothie

• March 28, 2019 at 11:17 am

I don’t think Ivypool would make a good leader either.

Running for SW!

• Butterflyflower
        March 28, 2019 at 2:51 pm

I like Leoparstar, and I think she was actually a pretty decent leader 😛

• Foxtail (Foxie)
        March 28, 2019 at 4:56 pm

100% agree with Hazy

Faith it 'til you make it

• Moonshade
        March 28, 2019 at 7:04 pm

I don’t think Ivypool is rude, maybe a few times in OotS she seemed a bit snappy but that was because Dovewing always kept being better than her and Ivypool could tell when Dovewing held back just to let her win, and if I was in her shoes I think I would be agitated too. In Tigerheart’s Shadow I think she definitely had a right to be rude as she thought Tigerheart was trying to take Dovewing away from Ivypool after the two sisters had become close, and I’d definitely be rude to Tigerheart too to be honest lol (also Tigerheart was on ThunderClan territory when she slashed him). Training in the Dark Forest made her a fierce fighter and she could get to work as a spy preparing the Clans for the fight with the Dark Forest much more than anyone else did. This is what I think

• Pastelpaw🌸Pasty
        March 29, 2019 at 12:43 am

Ivypool isn’t rude. She has changed since OotS. She forgave Dovewing remember? Also can you give me evidence that she would be Leopardstar 2.0? I think it’s safe to say that we can agree to disagree 😛

And that’s the tea.

• Pineblossom/Blossom in Pine Forest
      March 28, 2019 at 12:13 pm

I think that before she had kits, she had a great character but after she kitted, she just wasn’t… Ivypool anymore. Like when she was undecided when dovewing went to the Thunderclan camp

young, scrappy and hungry

9. Streamflower
    March 27, 2019 at 9:07 pm

Kate, would you ever consider having a Lykoi cat in the series? I’m curious to your thoughts on how the clan cats would respond to seeing one considering how different they look from standard cats?

10. Butterflyflower
    March 27, 2019 at 9:34 pm

In the allegiances, it has Ivypool and Dovewing’s kits as apprentices, but Berryheart’s and Sparrowpelt(?)’s kits are warriors already. If I remember correctly, Berryheart’s kits weren’t born until after Dovewing’s in Tigerheart’s Shadow 😛

• Darkwillow
      March 28, 2019 at 3:03 am

Lightleap and Pouncestep are already warriors and I think Shadowpaw remains to be an apprentice because medicine cats need longer training period

• March 28, 2019 at 11:21 am

Yeah (it says in the sample)

Running for SW!

• Butterflyflower
        March 28, 2019 at 2:55 pm

Oh yeah, I guess I didn’t realize that, and maybe Ivypool’s kits were born a little later, but Idk, they’ll probably become warriors at the beginning somewhere, since we already know one of their names. (I really want to know Thriftpaw’s name! I hope it’s not Thrifttail, Thriftpelt, or Thriftfur, or something like that. I want it to be Thriftbloom, Thriftflower, Thriftpetal, Thriftblossom, or something like that. 😛 )

• Nightfall
        March 28, 2019 at 11:30 pm

So do med cats need 8 moons of training?

• Brambleheart
          March 29, 2019 at 12:20 am

I’d say 8-10 moons. Enough to get some experience for about 3 seasons

• Brackenleaf
          March 29, 2019 at 1:15 am

It’s hard to say. We see that med cats need more training, and seen in Crooks Promise that warriors have 6 moons training at max, and that Crookedstar got his name before that. Alderheart got his name a bit too soon, the way I feel, since Jayfeather and Leafpool had to wait longer to get their names, even Cinderpelt. BUT, we see that in an emergency scenario Puddleshine got his name from Leafpool after TWO moons of training, and even Alderheart was disturbed as he had started training long before Puddleshine did and that Puddleshine had his name before Alderheart. All in all, I think 5-6 moons is generally the case as it’s a little longer than warriors, and Firestar and Graystripe got their warrior names at 9 moon old, after 3 moons of training.

11. Littlefang
    March 27, 2019 at 10:01 pm

Hey Kate, I think I asked this before but will Sol and the Tribe of Rushing Water get another debut?

Still heir to the heir throne

• March 28, 2019 at 11:22 am

I don’t really like Sol, I hope he doesn’t come back.

Running for SW!

• Moonshade
      March 28, 2019 at 7:04 pm

I’d love to see Sol again, he’s very interesting I think. I’d also love to see Stormfur and Brook again!

12. March 28, 2019 at 4:49 am

I miss Briarlight D:

13. Sunlake(star)
    March 28, 2019 at 2:01 pm

Kate, I’m a huge fan, I have been since 5th grade when I got my first book(I’m 9th now). I would really like to see some of the lesser known cats be developed, such as cats from RiverClan. Maybe Brackenpelt or Jayclaw?

• A Kate for All Seasons
      March 28, 2019 at 5:05 pm

It’s always exciting to see which cat is going to have the spotlight next 🙂

BlogTeam Administrator, Leader

• Nightfall
        March 28, 2019 at 11:32 pm

I’m hoping this will be our first book without a thunderclan pov but I’m guessing it will be Sparkpelt’s kits to continue the Firestar related line of pov characters but I’ll just was

• A Kate for All Seasons