Lost Stars Spoiler Page

The new series, The Broken Code hits the shops on April 9, 2019 with the first instalment written by Cherith Baldry, Lost Stars.

Here’s a page for you to discuss it.

Note: We know you’re excited to continue reading about the lives of these characters, and love the world that the Erins have set up, but Kate is very busy and may not be able to get back to you regarding specific questions you may have – and she certainly can’t answer questions that spoil the next books! If a moderator or Kate tells you that they can’t answer your question, then we ask you to respect that answer. Thank you for your understanding! 🙂

Notify of
July 23, 2019 9:10 pm

Do they have a thread just for asking Kate questions about the books, characters, etc.? If not, then can one be made? It would be helpful. That way, she’ll see the questions and only she will be able to answer.

Rainshine 🌸 Rainie
Rainshine 🌸 Rainie
July 23, 2019 9:27 pm
Reply to  Leopardstrike

Sorry, Kate isn’t available to answer question on the blog at this moment. However, you can write to her at

Kate Cary
C/o Working Partners Ltd
9 Kingsway, 4th floor
London
WC2B 6XF
UK

下雨天的阳光

July 24, 2019 4:03 am
Reply to  Leopardstrike

Thank you, but I’d rather wait for when she’s ready to respond here.

What do you think about making a thread like what I mentioned, Kate?

Embers of an Autumn Dawn (Emberdawn)
Embers of an Autumn Dawn (Emberdawn)
July 24, 2019 4:38 am
Reply to  Leopardstrike

It’s something that’s been brought up before, but never actually approved by Kate herself. She’s a busy woman, and, more often than not, she doesn’t have the time or the answer to people’s questions ^^ Either way, we leave comments addressed to Kate for her to mod when she has the time and it’s at that point where she decides what her response could be 🙂 Sometimes she does have an answer, and other times, she doesn’t or can’t disclose any information because of the powers above that forbid her from doing so 😛

Moderator, BlogClan's Deputy

July 24, 2019 5:00 am

I can understand that; it’s just frustrating that when I specifically address her, someone else interrupts and responds. Because of this, I’ve had to repost my question so she’ll notice it. She seems less likely to notice my post if others are responding to my question, or responding with a question or comment of their own.

Embers of an Autumn Dawn (Emberdawn)
Embers of an Autumn Dawn (Emberdawn)
July 24, 2019 5:04 am
Reply to  Leopardstrike

I can assure you that it’s not the first time nor the last that it’s happened ^^ Sometimes, she just decides not to answer something and mod it without responding, which is fully in her right 🙂

Moderator, BlogClan's Deputy

July 24, 2019 5:18 am

That’s alright.

Jayfrost
Jayfrost
July 24, 2019 4:40 pm
Reply to  Leopardstrike

The mod team has been given permission to answer on Kate’s behalf when she’s too busy to give answers. We’re not doing it to be mean, we do it to help Kate and to help the blog.

BlogTeam Administrator

Hazel
Hazel
July 24, 2019 11:40 pm
Reply to  Leopardstrike

Just to add onto this: generally speaking, we tend to discourage people from treating the blog as an open Q&A with Kate. As Embix and Jayie have said, Kate tends to be very busy (such is the life of an author!) – although she loves visiting BlogClan and hanging out with the fans, I think it’s better to avoid creating a space where she is obligated to answer questions.

On a personal note, I think stories exist to be embraced and enjoyed on a personal level, and some unanswered questions are perhaps better left as excuses to come up with a whole answer to yourself. Who needs to know all the answers when the mysteries, the gaps in between, are the spaces where stories come alive. Magic is made in the crevices left by mysteries 🙂

BlogTeam Administ-great-or

Lilacstream, Med. Cat of WindClan
Lilacstream, Med. Cat of WindClan
July 24, 2019 2:13 am

Yesss! Someone finally agrees with me that Bramblestar is possessed! No one will believe me when I tell them that I think he is! It is totally Tigerstar. Yo, I’m so happy now! I betttt he’s possessed.

AgaveStar & StormStar
AgaveStar & StormStar
July 25, 2019 7:07 pm

Sono mega d’accordo !!!! È ovvio, è posseduto!

Rosewing
Rosewing
July 27, 2019 6:52 am

Yeah, most of the fandom agrees that this is what’s going on. My take on it is that the mysterious voice tricked Shadowpaw into getting Bramblestar killed, and the voice took the opportunity to wrestle his spirit out of his body and take over. Now poor Bramblestar is essentially a ghost and has to watch everyone believe the words of whoever took over his body.

Stop and smell the roses

Tuliptalon
Tuliptalon
July 27, 2019 7:52 pm
Reply to  Rosewing

I never even considered that! I hope whoever is possessing poor Bramblestar gets their butt kicked by Rootpaw and Bristlefrost (with a lot of kung fu cat fighting, that is).

Ridin shotgun under a hot sun

Stormheart
Stormheart
September 28, 2019 6:31 pm
Reply to  Rosewing

I believe that’s very likely. I’m convinced who ever this mysterious voice is they aren’t from Starclan and have ulterior motives for the Clan’s.

Flameheart
Flameheart
August 1, 2019 5:51 am

He’s totally possessed, it’s the best explanation. When I finished this book, I was like ” Wait! What just happened???”
Amazing work “Erin Hunter”

Mallowbee
Mallowbee
July 30, 2019 12:26 am

who is the father of baykit and myrtlekit? i feel as if larksong is/was the father of sparkpelts kits so im not as concerned about that. itd be nice if harrybrook was wrenkits dad, too. give leafstar some grandkits haha

Tuliptalon
Tuliptalon
July 30, 2019 5:00 pm
Reply to  Mallowbee

I think it’s Molewhisker due to Myrtlekit’s coloring.

Mallowbee
Mallowbee
July 30, 2019 6:27 pm
Reply to  Tuliptalon

ohhh thats a good guess tbh!!! only issue is hes sorrelstripes first cousin (poppyfrost and cinderheart are sisters jdjejsjs) so i dont think its him 🙁

Rosewing
Rosewing
July 31, 2019 2:47 am
Reply to  Mallowbee

The books have never had problems putting relatives together before.

Hawkwing and Pebbleshine (first cousins)
Snowbush and Lilyheart (first cousins and foster-siblings)
Dustpelt and Ferncloud (uncle and niece)
Patchpelt and Willowpelt (siblings) – Though this was not put in the newest family tree

And that’s just the tip of the iceberg.

Bluevelociraptor
Bluevelociraptor
July 31, 2019 2:52 pm
Reply to  Rosewing

It’s more of the sad fact that everyone is pretty much related at this point rip 😛

Tuliptalon
Tuliptalon
July 31, 2019 3:57 pm
Reply to  Rosewing

PatchXWillow isn’t actually canon anymore – her mate that had Graystripe is now unnamed. The only mate we know she had is Whitestorm.

Rosewing
Rosewing
August 1, 2019 2:10 am
Reply to  Tuliptalon

Yeah, I’ve always preferred to think that Graystripe is half kittypet. It would be like destiny for him to meet Rusty, with that connection.

Minnowpaw(flake)/ Troutfern
Minnowpaw(flake)/ Troutfern
August 1, 2019 1:18 pm
Reply to  Tuliptalon

I’m kind of hoping that maybe Whitestorm was Graystripe’s father

so guys we did it

Flameheart
Flameheart
August 1, 2019 5:53 am
Reply to  Rosewing

I think Patchpelt and Willowpelt was kind of an accident, probably because they are minor-ish characters.

Briarpaw
Briarpaw
August 1, 2019 10:25 pm
Reply to  Rosewing

Ivy x Fern
Spark x Lark

Briarpaw
Briarpaw
August 1, 2019 10:24 pm
Reply to  Mallowbee

Many people say Shellfur, but I doubt it. For one thing, Shellfur is a tortie tom. I do NOT want a Redtail repeat…

I like the idea of it being Molewhisker! I think that’s highly possible.

Minnowpaw(flake)/ Troutfern
Minnowpaw(flake)/ Troutfern
August 9, 2019 5:52 pm
Reply to  Briarpaw

tbh it definitely is unlikely but I kind of want Shellfur to be the father since I like him

so guys we did it

Featherheart A random kitty cat
Featherheart A random kitty cat
August 2, 2019 6:30 pm

Honestly, i do want Molewhisker to be Myrtlekit’s and Baykit’s father and Sorrelstripe’s mate, Larksong to be Finchkit’s and Flamekit’s father and Sparkpelt’s mate, and Harrybrook to be Wrenkit’s father and Bellaleaf’s mate! This would be awesome!

Minnowpaw(flake)/ Troutfern
Minnowpaw(flake)/ Troutfern
August 9, 2019 5:52 pm

Harry x Bella is a very nice ship and I hope it does end up being canon

so guys we did it

Thistlegorse
Thistlegorse
August 3, 2019 5:24 am

Kate, I was wondering if Rosepetal will ever settle down and find a mate? Perhaps with Bumblestripe? It was heavily implied that Rose had a crush on Bumble. She is my favorite background character. She’s tied with Tawnypelt for mentoring the most cats in the series, a total of five cats. She’s been shown to be very calm and wise, but also shown to get aggressive at times(which I understand.. Her father Spiderleg was a horrible father and her litter mate, Toadstep and sister Hazeltail both died.) I believe Rosepetal deserves a little more attention. She’s a lot like her mentor, Squirrelflight. I’d love to see little RoseBumbles run across camp.

Minnowpaw(flake)/ Troutfern
Minnowpaw(flake)/ Troutfern
August 9, 2019 5:53 pm
Reply to  Thistlegorse

I thought Spiderleg was all right tbh

so guys we did it

Monkeyfur
Monkeyfur
August 5, 2019 12:54 pm

Why is Ambermoon not in the Allengices for Lost Stars???

Briarpaw
Briarpaw
August 5, 2019 10:42 pm
Reply to  Monkeyfur

I think we’ll find out in Squirrelfight’s Hope!

Tuliptalon
Tuliptalon
August 16, 2019 1:51 am
Reply to  Briarpaw

WARNING SPOILERS FOR SH SAMPLE

In the preview for SH, it is revealed that Ambermoon was killed by an owl.

Ridin shotgun under a hot sun

August 6, 2019 7:26 am

To Kate: If a cat’s soul is killed, do they cease to exist, or do they go somewhere else?

♥ ❄ нσℓℓуραω ❄ ♥
♥ ❄ нσℓℓуραω ❄ ♥
August 6, 2019 4:34 pm

confusion

quietly existing

August 6, 2019 7:04 pm
Reply to  Kate

So, Tigerstar, Spottedleaf, etc. no longer exist?

fireclaw
fireclaw
August 7, 2019 11:12 am
Reply to  Leopardstrike

Maybe Kate is planning to give us a surprise……..
Tigerstar and Hawkfrost be the villain of next arc and they come back with special ability because of their second death 🙂

fireclaw
fireclaw
August 7, 2019 11:48 am
Reply to  fireclaw

Maybe they can disguise as StarClan cats and other cat doesnt know and send out fake prophecies?

Lilyflower
Lilyflower
August 8, 2019 4:58 am
Reply to  fireclaw

And then maybe the cat that possesed bramblestar?

fireclaw
fireclaw
August 7, 2019 4:05 am

So that’s mean my fav Spottedleaf has gone forever 🙁

Thistlepaw (Thistlefrost)
Thistlepaw (Thistlefrost)
August 7, 2019 9:42 am
Reply to  Kate

Trying not to spoil as some confusion for this series eh? eh? no?

BlogClan is gonna own 2020

Gingerfur
Gingerfur
August 8, 2019 5:23 am
Reply to  Kate

If your atculy Kate (I’m new here so idk if you are ) I am making my own warrior series so I wanted to ask if it was ok I wanted to send a copy to you and the others

🔥▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░Pebblepaw░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂ 🔥 (aka Peb, the Gender-Bias Battler)
🔥▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░Pebblepaw░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂ 🔥 (aka Peb, the Gender-Bias Battler)
August 8, 2019 4:20 pm

Oh Kate, don’t say that! 🙁 You’re not that old ❤️ With all due respect 😀

SrizelFTW

🔥▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░Pebblepaw░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂ 🔥 (aka Peb, the Gender-Bias Battler)
🔥▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░Pebblepaw░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂ 🔥 (aka Peb, the Gender-Bias Battler)
August 8, 2019 4:37 pm

P.S. Would you read fan-mail? Like, a letter? 😀 I understand if you don’t have the time <3

SrizelFTW

🔥▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░Pebblepaw░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂ 🔥 (aka Peb, the Gender-Bias Battler)
🔥▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░Pebblepaw░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂ 🔥 (aka Peb, the Gender-Bias Battler)
August 12, 2019 12:22 pm

😀 ❤️ ❤️

SrizelFTW

Echo
Echo
August 13, 2019 3:44 pm
Reply to  Gingerfur

I am a new BlogClan user too
I just read Bramblestar Storm, all four clans have their special method to memorize their fallen members
I wonder would Starclan have their special method to memorize there fallen cats too

Maplespark
Maplespark
August 7, 2019 10:11 am

Who is the mentor of Molepaw (the sibling of Poppyfrost)

Firestar – could be
Brambleclaw – Berrypaw -> no
Dustpelt – Hazelpaw -> no
Sandstorm – Honeypaw -> no
Cloudtail – Cinderpaw -> no
Brightheart – Jaypaw first apprentice -> no
Ashfur -> could be -> Birchpaw possibly became warrior in the same ceremony, then it would be rather unlikely
Brackenfur -> father -> no
Thornclaw – Poppypaw -> no
Sorreltail -> Mother -> no
Spiderleg – Mousepaw -> no
Whitewing – Icepaw first apprentice -> no
Birchfall – had no apprentice (an argument by Icepaws ceremonie) -> no
Squirrelflight – Foxpaw first apprentice -> no
Stormpelt – not even a Clan-Cat -> no
Brook – not even a Clan-Cat -> no
Ferncloud – Queen since Leafpool’s Wish (in the alliances)
Rainwhisker -> could be

all in all, it could only have been Rainwhisker, Firestar or Ashfur. Who do you think was his mentor? I’m guessing rainwhisker!

❄️🐍Viper In The Box; Worst Restaurant Chain🐍❄️
❄️🐍Viper In The Box; Worst Restaurant Chain🐍❄️
August 7, 2019 11:12 am
Reply to  Maplespark

I think it was Rainwhisker as well, though I don’t think Sorreltail being his mother rules out being his mentor; it’s happened before.

bow to "earthling" overlords

Running heart loves potato’s
Running heart loves potato’s
August 8, 2019 2:08 pm

Will Snap tooth ever get a mate and have kits he’s so cute and clumsy I hope we get to see more of him

August 8, 2019 5:47 pm

To Kate: How would the clans react to having a clanmate that has a mental illness of some sort?

A very artsy Cloudy 🎨
A very artsy Cloudy 🎨
August 12, 2019 12:39 pm
Reply to  Kate

Probably say that they are crazy or something 😛

How’re you doing, Kate?

Gotta break the taboo

August 12, 2019 10:06 pm
Reply to  Kate

I don’t know how well they’d be able to comprehend what’s going on or how to handle it and help the cat out. Have there been any mentally ill cats in the series?

DJ
DJ
August 18, 2019 4:02 am
Reply to  Kate

KATE I THINK THE POSSESSED CAT IS NOT ASH FUR HAWK FROST OR TIGERSTAR, MAYBE IT COULD BE A EARLY SETTLER, OR ECLIPSE, HE PROMISED HIS REVENGE SO IT MIGHT BE HIM. HE MIGHT HAVE GOT A SPECIAL POWER TO CONTACT WITH CLAN CATS, FROM THE DARK FOREST OR OTHER UNKNOWN CATS

Featherheart A random kitty cat
Featherheart A random kitty cat
August 9, 2019 10:53 pm

Hey Kate (Or anybody else) did Briarlight and Juniperclaw go to Starclan after their death?

August 18, 2019 4:10 am

To Kate: How would the Clans react to a spayed/neutered cat? Would they be accepted?

Bramblez
Bramblez
August 18, 2019 1:04 pm
Reply to  Kate

Does it apply to the entire series or just the current clans? Would they was accepted in the TPB?

🎃🦇🖤Heart of Dark Thorns (Brambleheart)🖤🦇🎃
Brambleheart
August 19, 2019 12:11 pm
Reply to  Kate

Probably not, but as the Clans got more accepting of outsiders, then they would. In my opinion, of course.

Bramblez
Bramblez
August 19, 2019 11:23 pm
Reply to  Kate

I missed reply. By the way, how Clancats would call those cats?

Bramblez
Bramblez
August 20, 2019 7:31 pm
Reply to  Kate

hm, vet is called a cutter, so something with -cut-

Bluevelociraptor
Bluevelociraptor
August 25, 2019 2:44 pm
Reply to  Bramblez

I think what they mean is, in I think Into the Wild, the vet is called the “cutter” in the “Clan language” and so what they’d call a cat like that would probably have the word “cut” in it.

♥ ❄ нσℓℓуραω ❄ ♥
♥ ❄ нσℓℓуραω ❄ ♥
August 19, 2019 11:44 pm
Reply to  Kate

Not Bramblez, but I think it would be harder for them to fit in than Rusty/Firestar

quietly existing

Bramblez
Bramblez
August 19, 2019 10:57 pm

Nah, they wouldn’t care. Someone would have to feel sorry for them, but most likely, they would just be driven away like normal cats.

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch