Was Rainflower as bad as everyone thinks she is? By Cloversky

Cloversky shares their opinion about Rainflower, Crookedstar’s infamous mother. Spoilers for Crookedstar’s Promise!

Artwork by FrostedKat

Maybe, Rainflower wasn’t as bad as everyone thought. I, in general, think she wasn’t the worst cat ever. Want to hear my reasoning why? I do acknowledge that she hurt Crookedstar in many ways, but this is the reason why I might’ve changed my thoughts about her…

People think Rainflower his heartless in all ways and fashions, and that’s their opinion. Okay, yeah, it’s very rude and mean to neglect a kit by an accident, but that was THEN. The Erins have proved (Or at least I believe) That Rainflower and Crookedstar made up in StarClan. When people get angry at Rainflower for not giving Crookedstar a life, she couldn’t. StarClan didn’t think she deserved the opportunity to give her kit a life that she conflicted mental harm on as a kit. Rainflower always felt terrible for what she had said to Crookedstar, and how she changed her name, but she never knew how she could make it up to her mate, Shellheart, or Oakheart and Crookedstar. I understand that feeling where you don’t know what to do, and how to forgive yourself. Cats feel that way. She felt terrible for what she did, and that’s one reason she’s not entirely “heartless”. Has she ever murdered a cat? No. Yeah, she may be the worst mother in the Warrior’s series so far, but she never murdered her kits, or anyone else. So, at least we can clarify she’s not evil. Once Crookedstar went to StarClan, she apologized for everything she said and did, and Crookedstar /forgave/ her, which warms my heart completely. I think they did deserve to make up. Especially what Rainflower did in the past. Also, some people say she doesn’t deserve to be in StarClan, but genuinely, I think she does. I mean, yeah it’s my opinion, but she never murdered a cat; only mentally. Nor did Thistleclaw, but, that’s besides the point. I don’t know- all of this was completely my opinion. I don’t /entirely/ know that if what I said was all true, but I’m positive that the Erins have posted stuff about Rainflower’s past, and how she and Crookedstar made up in StarClan. I don’t know if I’m being arrogant or narrow-minded, but I’m just expressing my opinion openly, and maybe Rainflower deserves a /little/ more love then what she got. She suffered the consequences, loosing her mate and kits, but she deserves forgiving- at least to me. Rainflower did choose to drive away from her kits and mate, but again, she didn’t feel utterly terrible afterwards.

Does anyone agree with me at all?

Fan Articles

Notify of
Stormy (Stormberry)
Stormy (Stormberry)
August 11, 2018 12:24 am

I think Rainflower is an awful mother….. but I do agree

“I am no Jedi” -Ahsoka Tano

🎄 Not-So-Sane Hot Cocoa Rain 🎄
🎄 Not-So-Sane Hot Cocoa Rain 🎄
August 11, 2018 2:21 am

Well, I for one hate Rainflower. But I see your point. Interesting article!

love lasts forever

Light of Falling Star (Lightfall)
Light of Falling Star (Lightfall)
August 11, 2018 3:08 am

Mememememememe 100%

🌈owlfeather-owly🌈
🌈owlfeather-owly🌈
August 11, 2018 4:34 am

I kind of agree, I will forever hate Rainflower, but I see your points 🙂

thats not very plus ultra of u

Aster is Meowing for Chinese New Year!!! (Asterstorm/ Meowing Aster/ Astie)
Aster is Meowing for Chinese New Year!!! (Asterstorm/ Meowing Aster/ Astie)
August 11, 2018 5:10 am

Nice article 😺! Though I still hate Rainflower, I understand why you think she’s not the worst 😉. And in some Warriors facts webpage, I found out that Rainflower was granted the opportunity to give Crookedstar a life, but she turned down it 😾😿.

!!Running for senior warrior!!

I'm in me mum's cAr
I'm in me mum's cAr
August 11, 2018 9:16 am

Emotional abuse is worthy of the Dark Forest, in my opinion.

mr poop man!!!

Lilacpaw/frost - Li
Lilacpaw/frost - Li
August 11, 2018 7:11 pm

I agree. I think Rainflower suffered the consequences for her actions but was too proud. I think she acted that way to Crookedstar because she was too proud (like *cough* most of the warriors characters). She was a horrible mother, but not one of the worst characters.

Live. Laugh. Love. Blog.

Bracken (Brackenpaw/light) is ALIVE!!!
Bracken (Brackenpaw/light) is ALIVE!!!
August 11, 2018 9:04 pm

I will still forever hate Rainflower, but you do make good arguments. 🙂

My awesomeness comes naturally

Sky
Sky
August 13, 2018 5:58 am

I agree…. *hides*

Patchpelt
Patchpelt
August 15, 2018 8:46 am

I don’t know, the way she just almost “ruined” Crookedstar’s life by making him have such a terrible childhood and then changing his name and only paying pretty any attention to Oakheart…I’m not sure if I can be so quick to forgive her, but I can see your point

Moondapple
Moondapple
October 6, 2018 7:21 pm

I agree! I don’t think Rainflower should get as much hate as she really does

dingus bloodclan cat

• ♥️Singin' in the Graveyard/Rainsong (Rainyyy)♥️ on BlogClan Art
  • ♥️Singin' in the Graveyard/Rainsong (Rainyyy)♥️ on BlogClan Tavern
  • Something that does something (Moonpelt/paw) on Fan Fiction
  • The Raven does not celebrate Halloween so if you were expecting a new Halloweeny nickname then prepare to be disappointed (Raven || Ravenpaw/thorn) on Polls
  • Rosekit the cat that stays inside on Warriors Names

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch