Villains And Their Leader Fathers by Littlepaw

Littlepaw wonders if there’s a connection between the villains of Warriors and their fathers, who had been leaders of Clans at one point. Spoilers for Bluestar’s Prophecy, Yellowfang’s Secret, and AVOS!

Artwork by Jayfrost

Hello, It’s Littlepaw here, making my third article. Four main villains had their father a leader. Brokenstar, Tigerstar, Hawkfrost, and Darktail had their fathers a leader. Brokenstar had Raggedstar as a father, Tigerstar had Pinestar, Hawkfrost had Tigerstar, and Darktail had Onestar. Why are these villains having fathers that lead the clan? And will others be part of this too. Will Breezepelt be part of this too? And why are these cats facing hate with a noble father? Today I’ll try to find out the reason for this. Is it selfishness?

So, first I will explain why Tigerstar became a villian (Bluestar’s prophecy spoilers). First, he was born to Pinestar and Leopardfoot. He was stubborn and born weak with his sisters, Nightkit and Mistkit. Although his sisters died, Tigerkit was still bright and got into trouble once with a fox, being saved with the help of ShadowClan (Code of the Clans). When Pinestar left, Tigerkit must have felt devastated and ashamed. His mentor was Thistleclaw, who was evil from the start. Thistleclaw is blamed for Tigerpaw becoming evil, but I think there is another major effect. Being born to a leader might mean you might be respected, Tigerpaw was, but without Pinestar, there is less dignity now. Is that why Tigerclaw was ambitious to kill Bluestar? Yes it was Thistleclaw, but Tigerstar will be ambitious from Pinestar leaving and proving his worth.

Brokenstar

Brokenstar was born to Yellowfang and Raggestar. He was nursed by Lizzardstripe or Lizzardfang, I forgot which. Raggedstar taught Brokenkit to be stubborn, he got whatever he wanted. He was given Nightpelt a mentor, in which Brokenpaw were to be taught patience. Although failed, Brokentail was respected just like Tigerstar. Brokentail was used to his father treatment. He didn’t think of the warrior code, complaining that he should of been deputy and not Cloudpelt. Even when he was deputy after Cloudpelt died, Brokentail was still selfish and wanted to be leader, even willing to kill his father. Brokenstar went on a dark path, and I blame Raggedstar for putting his son in a spotlight and giving Brokenstar too much attention.

Darktail

Son to Onestar and Smoke. Darktail, the mysterious villain who charmed SkyClan and drove them out with his rouges. How did Darktail get his rouges? a have a theory, but for another day. Darktail moved to the lake, following Alderpaw and his friends. Darktail took over ShadowClan and RiverClan until his death from his father, Onestar. Onestar was a warrior when Darktail was born, so I say rejection of a father made Darktail turn to a dark side.

Breezepelt

Breezepelt’s father is Crowfeather. And Crowfeather is deputy of WindClan, maybe becoming leader after Harestar, Breezepelt might end up like Darktail with his father rejecting him. What will happen?

Sorry for this. This is my third article and I don’t have much time. I’ll get my father, Shrewstar to help me with my next one. Shrewstar is leader of FamilyClan. Do leaders effect the villains of the Warriors? Tell me in the comments.

Fan Articles

Notify of
Sky
Sky
August 15, 2018 12:34 am

Nice job!

Shadowdapple (is now Leafsong)
Shadowdapple (is now Leafsong)
August 15, 2018 1:15 am

Hmmm that may well be! Great observation and article! Looking forward to a theory on Darktail 😉

Foxtail (Foxie)
Foxtail (Foxie)
August 15, 2018 4:03 am

Wow this was a great article! 😀 I totally agree with this and think it has good reasons behind the famous warrior cat villains we know today and why they became evil. Though they did choose their own path, it is proven that your environment and those you surround yourself with (or who is around you in general) can affect who you are and who you grow to be.

LØVƎSIƆK BLIИK (runnin’ 4 SW)

Aster is Meowing for Chinese New Year!!! (Asterstorm/ Meowing Aster/ Astie)
Aster is Meowing for Chinese New Year!!! (Asterstorm/ Meowing Aster/ Astie)
August 15, 2018 6:18 am

Good job 😆! I think there’re always many reasons for a cat turning evil, and having a leader parent may be a reason for that. Those pressures, respect, “privilege”, etc., all things that a cat gains from a leader parent can give him/her(maybe in the future 😉) an evil mind and become a villain.

!!Running for senior warrior!!

Patchpelt
Patchpelt
August 15, 2018 8:11 am

Good job, I never really made the connection instill now

Star that shines in Jack'O Lantern
Star that shines in Jack'O Lantern
August 15, 2018 8:50 am

This is honestly such a fantastic article, and especially your third written. Well done!! You’ve proposed some very thought-provoking points and this is a very promising theory.

Smokeflare
Smokeflare
August 15, 2018 12:18 pm

I am looking forward to the article about Darktail.

Fallenshadows
Fallenshadows
August 15, 2018 1:27 pm

Wow, this is really interesting, Littlepaw! 🙂 I think that part of the reason these cats turn evil is definitely because of their leader fathers. I also believe that they feel overly pressured into having to live up to their father’s name. (Or maybe in Tigerclaw’s case, being better than his father)

6.022 x 10^23

Stormy (Stormberry)
Stormy (Stormberry)
August 15, 2018 8:56 pm

Great article!

“I am no Jedi” -Ahsoka Tano

Lilacpaw/frost - Li
Lilacpaw/frost - Li
August 15, 2018 9:32 pm

Great article! I noticed that Tigerstar and Darktail both had a father who pretty much rejected them. All these characters were unhappy and felt like they had something to prove. Poor Breezepelt… I have never really thought about this before!

Live. Laugh. Love. Blog.

Bracken (Brackenpaw/light) is ALIVE!!!
Bracken (Brackenpaw/light) is ALIVE!!!
August 17, 2018 12:45 am

Yes and no. Yes, it can influence them and stuff, but no, nobody is responsible for their actions but themselves. All these cats made their own choices, despite what they experienced.

My awesomeness comes naturally

Moondapple
Moondapple
October 6, 2018 7:06 pm

These villains all had their own reasons for being evil, and based on Crowfeather’s Trial, Breezepelt won’t be evil. but great aricle tho!

dingus bloodclan cat

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch