An Opinion on Ashfur by Blueheart

Blueheart shares their opinion on Ashfur.

Thumbnail by Xishka on YouTube

Hello everyone, Blueheart here again with one of her pointless articles! 😛 As you can probably tell by the title, I’m going to be talking about my opinion on Ashfur ending up in StarClan. The reason I’m making this into an article is because I find it hard to repeat my opinion and have it make sense on every article that comes out about Ashfur. So this is how I’m going to sort out all my thoughts. *hides under the nearest table with a water gun* So since most cats hate water I’m just gonna hide under here until I’m done and spray any attackers. Anyways, enjoy the article!

So, I have seen quite a few amazing articles about Ashfur, and him being obsessed with Squirrelflight. Some great ones are by Bramblefire, Jetclaw, and Sky. I recommend you read those because they are really good. And I agree with what they say; he should have gone to the Dark Forest.

He was driven by rage and couldn’t overcome it. Resulting in a terrible mistakes, the most prominent one being attempted murder. So definitely Dark Forest.

But Yellowfang let him into StarClan. This was a mistake. I’m sure most of us can agree on that. A huge mistake. Yellowfang made an excuse and gave him another chance. I know that if he got into StarClan other evil cats should have gotten a chance. But there were other cats in StarClan at those times, and they didn’t make the mistake that Yellowfang did.

Alright, so Yellowfang and whoever else agreed with her made a mistake letting him in. But in all the articles I’ve read, everyone is just ranting about it (I’m going by memory here don’t kill me if I’m wrong). But I have never seen anyone who dislikes Ashfur try to make peace with it.

Ashfur should have been in the Dark Forest but was put in StarClan when Yellowfang saw pity on him. Okay, so people who like Ashfur, you all think it’s fine he’s in StarClan. And those who don’t, you don’t like it. I don’t particularly like it, but since it isn’t going to change, I’m going to list a few ways we can make peace with all of this. If you like/love Ashfur, then you really don’t need to be reading this article. But if you don’t like him, maybe we can make peace with it together.

1) I haven’t seen Ashfur in StarClan beyond when Jayfeather first saw him. But from my memory he didn’t seem like how he was living. He seemed calmer, and not burning with rage that he was overcome by while living.

2) He’s in StarClan with Hollyleaf. They’ve probably talked about it, and come to understand each other, and possibly even forgiven each other. Which could have been another reason he was put in StarClan, to make amends with Hollyleaf. (Even though this point may not be completely rock solid)

3) It gives him another chance to make up for what he did. Even though it can be considered too late to do anything. But when Squirrelflight, and the rest of her family join StarClan hopefully he can take his chance to fix things. Maybe not completely but enough to where their fur can lie flat while standing next to each other 😛

*winces* I can’t wait to see the comments 😛 Either I have people agreeing, or a bunch of angry vultures. Either way, thanks for reading my article. I don’t like Ashfur, but I don’t hate him either. (I rarely hate book characters anyways so) But instead of ranting about him and pointing out everything wrong with him and him in StarClan, I wanted to make something different and deal with what we’re stuck with.

Blueheart, out!

Fan Articles

I'm in me mum's cAr
I'm in me mum's cAr
August 19, 2018 12:26 am

He should be in the Dark Forest without a doubt. He did not love Squirrelflight. She was an object to him. If they weren’t going to be makes, he wanted nothing to do with her, so he unfairly breaks off all contact with her, intentionally leaving the she-cat guilt-ridden. And he also disrespectfully downgrades his mother’s death into nothing but a guilt-ridding tactic to cruelly use on Squirrelflight. He never had a problem with the fact that Brambleclaw was Tigerstar’s son, considering he was close friends with him in the past, and was partners-in-crime with Tigerstar’s other son, Hawkfrost. He doesn’t deserve StarClan.

Blueheart
Blueheart
August 19, 2018 12:34 am

OMC

I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT THIS!!! *winces*

Yikessssssss 😛

Leafsong (Gold Leaves That Adorn New Years Cheer)
Leafsong (Gold Leaves That Adorn New Years Cheer)
August 19, 2018 1:18 am

Wow I loved this article! It wasn’t rant-based, more of neutral…if that makes any sense at all XD.Speaking from a fan of Ashfur’s POV, I like how you tried to make peaceful and logical comments instead of ranting and attacking him with no evidence. I must agree with the fact that he seemed more at peace. In StarClan I think maybe he realized that what he did was really wrong and (as you mentioned as well) I do think he and Hollyleaf will make amends…because honestly, I think Hollyleaf really does feel bad. In a way, I feel like Hollyleaf and Ashfur making amends would be easier than him and Squirrelflight XD. So yeah again, great article!!!

Foxtail (Foxie)
Foxtail (Foxie)
August 19, 2018 2:12 am

Everyone deserves forgiveness no matter how much they’ve wronged you. If you hold a grudge against them because they hold a grudge against you; if you hate them because they hate you; then you are no better than they are.

I don’t like or hate Ashfur. He did bad things. No one can deny that. Yellowfang let him into StarClan. No one can deny that either. But StarClan ALLOWS things to happen so that bigger/better CAUSES can take place. Maybe it was Yellowfang’s fault for letting Ashfur in. But Ashfur is at peace now. If he had gone to DF his soul would have become very corrupted. Yeah like we need another DF warrior to fight off. I really wonder if Ashfur had been in the Great Battle and if he saw himself as a villain or not (it’s better to be a hero of your own story than a villain of someone else’s). But like I said I don’t hate or like Ashfur! I’m just going off of what Blue said and helping failing to help you all make peace with him.

Nice article Blue!

Bluefire/Blu aka Stormy Skies
Bluefire/Blu aka Stormy Skies
August 19, 2018 2:46 am

Plus, when you really look at it, Ashfur thought his actions were justified. That tends to happen with many villains or characters of that sort =D

Aster is Meowing for Chinese New Year!!! (Asterstorm/ Meowing Aster/ Astie)
Aster is Meowing for Chinese New Year!!! (Asterstorm/ Meowing Aster/ Astie)
August 19, 2018 4:37 am

I really hate Ashfur 😾. There’s no a single good reason for me to accept how obsessed he was over Squirrelflight. He was treated equally at most time and had learnt how to love properly. But let’s get back to topic. As long as I haven’t chase him from Starclan to the Dark Forest through my dreams yet 😛, I hope he and Hollyleaf can forgive each other at last, and stop doing nothing but thinking about Squirrelflight day and night 😉.

🎄 Not-So-Sane Hot Cocoa Rain 🎄
🎄 Not-So-Sane Hot Cocoa Rain 🎄
August 19, 2018 5:21 am

Personally, I love Ashfur. I agree with everything you said except for the fact that he shouldn’t have gone to StarClan, but as you said, no ranting! 😀
This is a great article, Blue. Nice job.

Mapledrift
Mapledrift
August 19, 2018 8:56 am

I think you make some good points ! Ashfur is in StarClan now so we need to try and think why StarClan did it and how it might have been actually a good descion rather then just saying he should have gone to the dark forest.
I’m in the middle on Ashfur, but I like the idea that Ashfur made up with Hollyleaf in StarClan a chance he would have never gotten had he gone to the dark forest

Lilacpaw/frost - Li
Lilacpaw/frost - Li
August 19, 2018 6:00 pm

I can understand why Ashfur wanted revenge on Squirrelflight. I don’t think he should have done it, but I have a theory. Ashfur is not like Thrushpelt, because Squirrelflight had a mate inside the Clan, not like Bluestar. I have a headcanon that Ashfur didn’t really like Squirrelflight after she rejected him, but seeing her with Brambleclaw every single day drove him insane and he started to absolutely hate her.

Stormy (Stormberry)
Stormy (Stormberry)
August 19, 2018 7:53 pm

Great article!

🌈owlfeather-owly🌈
🌈owlfeather-owly🌈
August 20, 2018 1:19 am

Nice article! I will forever hate Ashfur, but I understand what you were saying 🙂

Sky
Sky
August 20, 2018 2:56 am

Good article, thanks for the reference. However, I can’t make peace with the decision. The reason why is because cats should be judged on their living lives, not what happens in their afterlife. StarClan can’t even see into the future unless they’re giving prophecies (which are always foggy), so I consider it THOROUGHLY unfair to say that “Ashfur is okay in StarClan because he can make amends!” I’m pretty sure that 80% of the cats in the Dark Forest could do that too. And don’t even get me started on how Tangleburr, Lilywhisker, and Brightflower were put in the Dark Forest while Ashfur wasn’t.

Overall, there’s not a reason as to why people should accept that Ashfur is in StarClan because there was simply no good reason for the decision

Jetclaw
Jetclaw
August 21, 2018 11:10 pm

I appreciate the shoutout.

And the main reason I write articles about Ashfur is because it’s so dangerous to write off his obsessive insane behavior as ‘loving too much’. It’s a bad message for kids, and often times people make the claim Squirrelflight was somehow at fault and deserved what he did to her.

While I may not be able to change the fact Ashfur wound up in StarClan (or maybe we can who knows retcons and things to come are a thing) I can argue that going forwards his actions should be recognized of that as an insane obsessive maniac who was extremely dangerous, and refused to move on from this one cat whom he fixated upon.

On a side note I will say that of course Ashfur is calm, he got away with attempted murder scott free. I also don’t think Hollyleaf and Ashfur should be anywhere near each other because Hollyleaf earned her place in Ashfur, Ashfur did not. Plus… I think killing someone is something very difficult to forgive, I know he tried to kill her, and then she did kill him.

As for him getting a second chance, I still will say it’d be one thing if he was in the Dark Forest and then betrayed them to help StarClan and then wound up in StarClan for it. But Ashfur barely did anything. Heck if Ashfur had stopped Hawkfrost from killing Hollyleaf during the Star Dark war, or even just doing something of note when the battle happened, I’d say ‘yes you’re absolutely right he’s finally done something to prove he deserved StarClan’ but he never did so ultimately whatever he does is kind of irrelevant now?

Actually you mentioning second chances in StarClan, Ashfur could’ve shown up in StarDark fight. He could’ve done something of note where he does redeem himself but instead he didn’t. And I get that there’s only so much you can fit in the book but ultimately, Ashfur just didn’t do much to deserve StarClan. Everything he says when they die is likely just words. He’s already made it into StarClan what’s it matter anymore?

While i know you’re trying to look at the bright side, it’s still extremely bad taste in my mouth that Ashfur got into StarClan, and then we had to hear Yellowfang blather on about him ‘loving too much’ muddling and confusing it for readers everywhere and that’s why Ashfur is a hot button issue in warriors.

Honestly I now need an AU where Ashfur’s redemption comes in the form of him sacrificing himself to save Hollyleaf, so Hollystar is still a possibility and Ashfur did something to prove his worthiness of being a StarClan cat.

• ❄️🐍Viper In The Box; Worst Restaurant Chain🐍❄️ on The Hug Page