Dovewing is My Favorite Character—Here’s Why by Brightkit

Brightkit shares why Dovewing is their favourite character.

Art by rookon on Amino Apps

Hello, this is Brightkit with my third article! Today I will be discussing my opinion on probably one of the most hated cats in Warriors: Dovewing. Specifically, I will be defending Dovewing. Before all of you viciously and mericlessly attack me, hear me out—Dovewing isn’t completely horrible! As you read, I recommend that you put yourself in Dovewing’s position and point of view. I find that some of the points Dovewing haters have are false—look closely at the books and think about it.

“Dovewing was so whiny!”
When Dovewing first learned of her powers, she was a young apprentice, with a little bit of kit fluff still around her ears. Life was normal and enjoyable for Dovepaw, until suddenly, out of the blue, Jayfeather and Lionblaze told her that she was part of a prophecy. How did you expect her to react? And, when she was whiny after she lost her powers, she was confused. Strengthened hearing and sight were completely normal for her for all her life. It was almost as if she was suddenly blind and deaf, and it took a while for her to get used to it.

“She had color-changing eyes!”
Dovewing’s eyes are most likely green. There is a video that explains it here. Also, why does Dovewing get hate because of her eye color? Her eye color. It’s not a big deal.

“She is a gray she-cat with blue eyes!”
First of all, Dovewing’s eyes are not solidly confirmed to be blue. Second of all, does it really matter if she’s a gray cat with possibly blue eyes?

“She replaced Hollyleaf!”
It’s not Dovewing’s fault she was one of the Three. Hollyleaf went missing in the tunnels before Dovewing was old enough to remember or know anything that was happening. So why blame Dovewing?

“She didn’t care about her sister!”
She did care—she cared very much. If she didn’t care, then why would she try to stop her sister from training in the Dark Forest? Why would she despair that their relationship was being torn apart? Why did she worry about Ivypool at all? When Ivypool (Ivypaw) was held hostage in the ShadowClan camp, Dovewing (Dovepaw) was described to feel extremely guilty. At the end of Night Whispers, Dovepaw tells Ivypaw of Dovepaw’s powers and promises to keep Ivypaw safe. When Lionblaze and Jayfeather suggested that Ivypool spy on the Dark Forest, Dovewing realized how dangerous a task that was and didn’t want her sister to agree. Throughout the books, Dovewing did several more things to show that she really cared about Ivypool.

“She was rude to Bumblestripe!”
Only because Bumblestripe was being clingy when it was obvious that he wasn’t the one for Dovewing. Dovewing felt sorry afterwords, as well.

“She did nothing while Ivypool was spying the Dark Forest!”
Dovewing was hunting and fighting for her Clan, right? Worrying about Tigerheart wasn’t all she did. Before the Great Battle, she helped plan out the attack with Firestar; and she discussed the fourth cat and other issues with Jayfeather and Lionblaze.

And, last but not least…
“Dovewing is a Mary-Sue!”
Dovewing has plenty of flaws. For instance, she cares too much and struggles to let go of cats she was once friends with. She crosses the border to meet Tigerheart. She can be rude or insensitive. And guess who doesn’t have those flaws? Mary-Sues. And just because she had a love triangle doesn’t mean that she’s a Mary-Sue. Bluestar had a love triangle and isn’t a Mary-Sue, for instance. When Dovewing was an apprentice, she didn’t choose to become popular among the Clan. Dovewing didn’t want her powers, and she didn’t want to be special. She wanted to be normal.

Thank you for reading my article! I hope you’ve had a change of mind on Dovewing. Bye!

Fan Articles

Notify of
Ash Fur
Ash Fur
September 5, 2018 7:00 am

Dovewing is a Mary Sue , she was given fake not serious problems and she should have stayed with bumblestripe and not had a stupid overrated forbidden romance

Ashfurlover

Ash Fur
Ash Fur
September 5, 2018 7:01 am
Reply to  Ash Fur

And her life was perfect she messed up ivypools

Ashfurlover

Sundance
Sundance
September 6, 2018 4:14 am
Reply to  Ash Fur

Ash Fur — BlogClan is a PG site, so swearing is not allowed. Neither is being rude to other members. (This is in reference to two of your comments that the moderation team has since trashed.) Please remember to be kind and considerate to everyone on the Blog. 🙂 Debate with your claws sheathed!

I luv da Springtime (Forestflame)
I luv da Springtime (Forestflame)
May 1, 2019 7:30 pm
Reply to  Ash Fur

How did she mess up Ivypools life? She cares about her sister and having a relationship with Tigerheart is a problem. Take a look at what it did to Silverstream. Just my opinion

Memes are life

lovewing Dovewing
lovewing Dovewing
June 9, 2020 1:37 am
Reply to  Ash Fur

Yes I’m late but I’m inclined to defend Dovewing at all costs because frankly half of you don’t know what a Mary Sue is. Having ‘fake’ not serious problems does not make you a Mary Sue. And what problems were fake? If you’re referring to the POT prophecy, that’s not fake and absolutely very serious. Like the whole arc revolves around that? Of course she would be worried about it. Also, Dovewing wasn’t interested in Bumblestripe, she dropped plenty of hefty hints pointing in that direction too. He was being rather clingy and creepy. At one point she even tried to force herself to like him and she still couldn’t. Why the heck should Dovewing be with someone she doesn’t like? Also Bumblestripe is creepy, if you don’t believe me refer to after Purdy died and he said to Dovewing, mourning her friend Purdy, and has already broken up with Bumblestripe, Bumblestripe tells her his “you know, it sucks Purdy is dead, I know what would cheer u up though, wanna make some babies with me?” And tell me that is not creepy. Dovewing is predictably creeped out and for good reason. Fire back at me some more I’ll provide answers

Moondapple
Moondapple
October 2, 2018 12:24 am

Omg this actually changed my opinion on Dovewing! Great article!

dingus bloodclan cat

Blossompaw15
Blossompaw15
October 12, 2018 5:38 am

Amazing article Brightkit! I agree with every word you said in this! You’d think that as a main character, Dovewing would be overrated but she isn’t!

She is persecuted & put down for her flaws which every character has! I love her character & do not agree w/ how other people dislike her. Anywho, great article & I can’t wait for your next one!!😊😊👐🏻👐🏻👐🏻👍🏻👍🏻

🍂🔮 Stormtail ~ Storm 🎃🕸️
Stormsong
August 11, 2019 4:59 pm

I AGREE, BRIGHTKIT! XD
Dovewing is my ALL-TIME FAVORITE CHARACTER as well!
I never saw her as a Mary-Sue OR a jerk. I appreciate her. 🙂
Your points are so great!
I hope Dovewing haters consider thinking of her as NOT a Mary-Sue now. Well, even if you guys don’t, at least Brightkit’s points are out there. 🙂
Great article!
😀

🍂🔮 Stormtail ~ Storm 🎃🕸️
Stormsong
August 11, 2019 5:11 pm

XD This article is old, but I’m still commenting on it for some reason…
I mean, I just joined a little bit ago 😛
Probably why I bothered
Lol
Ughhh… Sorry. I wasn’t trying to make it about myself. I guess I was just embarrassed about commenting on an older article? Not that it’s bad, of course! XD
Again, great article, Brightkit!
DOVEWING!!!!!!!!!!!

Blossomkit
Blossomkit
September 28, 2019 4:52 am

Nice article! Her eye color by the way will always be green!

But this totally changed my POV

MeOw KeRcHoW

Moona (Moonpaw/leap)
Moona (Moonpaw/leap)
October 26, 2019 7:34 pm

FINALLY A DOVEWING SUPPORTER!!!!!
I completely agree, Dovewing’s problems were very real so of course she was a bit winy, she’s not perfect, but that’s what makes her great!
(Wow this article is really old)

Tell them Naegi

Brightpaw (pool)
Brightpaw (pool)
October 27, 2019 3:30 pm

Ew here’s one of my old articles 😛
But Dovewing’s still awesome of course

MapleFrost452
MapleFrost452
April 3, 2020 8:15 pm

i agree with some of your artical but i still don’t support tigerXdove i still think that sometimes she is kinda whiny but great artical

MapleFrost452

Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢
Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢
April 25, 2020 8:38 pm

I LOVE DOVEWING TOO! 😀😀😀

She is NOT a Mary-Sue or whiny, she’s amazing! Great article!

Brightspark
Brightspark
May 17, 2020 12:57 pm

YESSSSSSS DOVEWING

Frightspark • Bright Sparks Lighting Ghastly Pumpkins
Frightspark • Bright Sparks Lighting Ghastly Pumpkins
July 30, 2020 3:33 am
Reply to  Brightspark

Ew old comment 😛

le Ferncloud lover/defender 🌿☁️

Thornfeather
Thornfeather
July 30, 2020 9:50 am

If you are a Dovewing lover,i recommend you not to read this comment all the way.

I really hate Dovewing,and no ones opinion can change mine.
Dovewing IS whiny. Yeah,i get that she was young and not wanting to get powers,but it is stilll whining.
Dovewing whined about having powers,the next she was whining about losing them. She complains all the time.
And i don’t really care about her eye colors,although i think hers as a greenish blue.
And i don’t hate her for ‘replacing hollyleaf’
She didn’t care for her sister,but not absoluetely.
See,every littermate cares about their littermates.But Dovewing cared less. Yes,all your points are good. But did she even listen to Ivypool when she told him to stop meeting Tigerheart NO.
Did she stay away from Tigerheart even though she knows Ivypool dispise Tigerheart with her and this could lead the misery? No
Did she even listen to her sister’s plea? Nope

And about Bumblestripe….She WAS rude to him. He wasn’t ‘clingy’,the reason why he’s ‘clingy’ is because Dovewing faked actions with him to just make Tigerheart feel JEALOUS. THAT is rude,isn’t it?

She actually DID do nothing. All she did was whining about love and mooning about Tigerheart. Could she just get that tom OFF her mind and just concentrate on her work?She didn’t. All she actually did was use her powers to her relationships.

Last but not least,She IS a mary sue. She cares to much and struggles to let go of cats who were once her friends?Come on,that’s not a flaw. It’s ‘kindness and fondness’.And what about Meeting with Tigerheart? Mostly,people like Forbidden relationships. It shows how they’re heart is strong. C’mon. These are no flaws. And everybody can be rude and things. Actually, i didn’t see her being rude to some cat many times. And you must forgotten but this is a book character. she didn’t chose it? I know,but this character is not real. It’s just a character. She has no mind,she ‘written’. And she is written as a Mary sue.
This was my opinion for now.

If you disagree with me,please don’t reply.
A disagreeing reply is very stressing UwU

Ivyleaf
Ivyleaf
August 22, 2020 8:06 pm

Uh, I disagree (NOTE: IF YOU LOVE DOVEWING, DON’T READ THIS). Obviously I respect your opinion, but …. OMG I HATE DOVEWING !!! She’s a huge brat !! And their relationship with tigerheartstar is the worst: without any chemistry, and they fell in love for no reason !!! they hardly even talked !!! She’s a crybaby. she complained about having powers, and then she complained about losing them !! She cared for her sister until a certain point, but then it seems that she doesn’t care about her !! Dovewing was also very rude to Bumblestripe. She literally did nothing !! She just uses her powers to spy on Tigerheart. If you are lovewing Dovewing, forget everything I said and go live your life loving this character. And please respect my opinion.

(another note: if my English is bad, don’t judge me … I’m Brazilian)

Froststorm
Froststorm
September 21, 2020 11:51 pm

Okay, so, nice article, but I disagree with you about some points. First of all, I get that Dovewing was still an apprentice when she found out she was in the prophecy, but so was Lionblaze and Jayfeather! Dovewing had both Lionblaze and Jayfeather to guide her and help her, when Lionblaze and Jayfeather had nobody, but they weren’t nearly as whiny as Dovewing. Maybe they were older, but they still had to figure it out by themselves, while Dovewing had older cats. About the eye color, I agree with you, idk why Dovewing is getting hate for that. I guess she technically didn’t replace Hollyleaf, but I don’t really care about that. And I agree with you that she did care about her sister, but when Ivypool(Ivypaw) got held hostage at ShadowClan camp, it was technically Dovewing’s fault that Ivypool got held hostage. I mean, following Dovewing out of camp is something any warrior would do if they saw her. It’s not specifically Ivypool; any warrior would trail behind her and see what she’s up to. And Bumblestripe was clingy; he was being nice. He might’ve been a bit clingy, but Dovewing could find nice ways to tell him to back off. She didn’t need to snap at him all the time, like she did. And Dovewing didn’t feel sorry afterwards. She just apologized because Rosepetal made her. Lastly, for she did nothing while Ivypool was in the Dark Forest, your rebuttal to that was that she hunted and fought for her Clan. Like every warrior does. Ivypool had to spy in the Dark Forest and fight and hunt for her Clan. I just don’t think that they would’ve needed Dovewing for the battle. Using her powers to spy on Tigerheart was basically all she did with her powers. She didn’t use them to scout ahead or anything; and she wouldn’t have needed to. Ivypool could’ve told them.

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch