Squirrelflight’s Hope Spoiler Page

Release Date: September 3rd, 2019

The cover art and blurb will be added to this page once they are released! 🙂

In the meantime … BlogTeam can’t wait to hear your theories on what’ll happen in Squirrelflight’s Hope. Discuss away!!! 🐱❤

Feb 12th, 2019: Page updated with cover! This page is now a spoiler page!

Feb 15th, 2019: Sorry, BlogClan! We’ve received word from the head honchos of the Erins, and we have to take down the cover as they are not yet finished or ready for the public. This will remain a spoiler page, but a placeholder image will be displayed until further notice!

April 2nd, 2019: Seeing that the cover is now on the official Warriors site, and that Lost Stars is just around the corner, the cover for this SE is now back up! Unless someone tells me to take it down again 😛 -Embix

Note: We know you’re excited to continue reading about the lives of these characters, and love the world that the Erins have set up, but Kate is very busy and may not be able to get back to you regarding specific questions you may have – and she certainly can’t answer questions that spoil the next books! If a moderator or Kate tells you that they can’t answer your question, then we ask you to respect that answer. Thank you for your understanding! 🙂

Sundance

Notify of
Brightstorm (Bright Flash In Storm Cloud)
Brightstorm (Bright Flash In Storm Cloud)
September 6, 2019 10:53 am

I really loved this one, great job Kate!

I had a few questions though:

1 – Do you know who Reedclaw’s mate and the father of Kitepaw and Turtlepaw are? MacGyver is mentioned being near the nursery but no confirmation that he was connected to any nursery residents.

2 – Do you know what Dandelionkit and Juniperkit look like? I’m not sure if I caught them if they’re mentioned in the book.

3 – Do you think Leafstar was reminded of Sandstorm and Firestar during her time with Squirrelflight?

Can't rain all the time.

September 9, 2019 11:38 am

I’m glad you enjoyed it! We got a bit confused about who Reedclaw’s mate was, but I think in the end we decided it was Harrybrook…
I can’t remember what Dandelionkit and Juniperkit look like – I think I tried to give descriptions of them somewhere though – you may have to have a good search to find out because they’re not on any of my current allegiance lists.
And no. She didn’t give it a second thought.

BlogTeam Administrator, Leader

Ravenbeak
Ravenbeak
September 9, 2019 12:30 pm
Reply to  Kate

You only wrote that one of the kits has a fluffy tail, but no description given :c I really hoped we would get their description in SH.

September 10, 2019 11:05 am
Reply to  Ravenbeak

My bad. 🙁

BlogTeam Administrator, Leader

Dovestream
Dovestream
September 16, 2019 4:21 pm
Reply to  Kate

HI KATE!!! I love the warrior cat books! how long will graystripe live??? I got seven warrior cats books for my b-day and it was three days ago!!!

September 17, 2019 6:15 pm
Reply to  Dovestream

Hey Dovestream. I hope Graystripe will live forever! 😀 Happy Birthday! Nice haul.

BlogTeam Administrator, Leader

Jaysnow
Jaysnow
September 9, 2019 6:39 pm
Reply to  Kate

They weren’t given descriptions, unfortunately.

September 10, 2019 11:03 am
Reply to  Jaysnow

Darn

BlogTeam Administrator, Leader

Brightstorm (Bright Flash In Storm Cloud)
Brightstorm (Bright Flash In Storm Cloud)
September 9, 2019 6:40 pm
Reply to  Kate

Aweeee they’d be a nice couple but I still hold out hope for Harrybrook and Bellaleaf to be a confirmed pair, especially since Bellaleaf has a little daughter in Lost Stars!

Thanks for telling us what you can 😸

Can't rain all the time.

September 10, 2019 11:03 am

I wanted Bellaleaf and Harrybrook too! But Bella got paired up with Rabbitleap when I wasn’t looking. IKR? She’s way too good for Rabbitleap. I just hope he realises how lucky he is and keeps an eye on Harrybrook.

BlogTeam Administrator, Leader

Jayfrost
Jayfrost
September 13, 2019 12:59 pm
Reply to  Kate

Aw, I think Rabbitleap’s a good guy. 🙂 I always like seeing cats that have differing skill sets, and Rabbitleap’s manga at the end of SkyClan’s Destiny was a nice reminder that just because you don’t share the same skills as those around you (Rabbitleap not being a great climber/jumper) doesn’t mean you’re any less valuable or that you can’t achieve great things too. Plus he was Violetshine’s mentor for a bit, which is nice. 🙂

BlogTeam Administrator

September 16, 2019 1:26 pm
Reply to  Jayfrost

🙂 It’s good to hear you sticking up for RL. I guess I just don’t know him well. He’s never really left an impression on me.

BlogTeam Administrator, Leader

Jayfrost
Jayfrost
September 16, 2019 4:15 pm
Reply to  Kate

That’s fair. 🙂

BlogTeam Administrator

Flamefrost
Flamefrost
September 19, 2019 3:47 am
Reply to  Jayfrost

Actually Kate, it makes sense that Rabbitleap was paired up with Bellaleaf, as between the four of them (Harrybrook, Reedclaw, Bellaleaf, Rabbitleap), Rabbitleap and Reedclaw couldn’t be together as they’re uncle-niece, so the only option was to break Harrybrook and Bellaleaf and give them other mates to have kits with.

September 19, 2019 11:00 am
Reply to  Flamefrost

…Dustpelt and Ferncloud were together and they’re uncle/niece. 🙂

bow to "earthling" overlords

willowstep12
willowstep12
September 25, 2019 4:19 pm

wasent lilyflower and snowbush mates and they were cousins

September 26, 2019 3:47 pm

I Know Right 🙂

下雨天的阳光

Snowfall
Snowfall
September 10, 2019 8:09 pm
Reply to  Kate

Are you allowed to say who Sorrelstripe’s mate is? The book didn’t mention it but Stormcloud did hang around the nursery quite a bit so is it him?

Way too obsessed with warriors

it stands for Wait And See 🙂

下雨天的阳光

Maplespark
Maplespark
September 6, 2019 12:13 pm

SPOILER

When the sisters’ cats are introduced/mentioned, there are two orange-white she-cats and one tortoiseshell she-cat. Could the two orange-white cats be Flurry and Sparrow, where the white part has not been considered, and the tortie cat, where the mother is Hawk, of whom we know no appearance? Anyway, it would make sense for her to join her kittens and I never noticed the tortie cat again or anything. So it would also make sense to use Hawk for this. could one of the unidentified queens mentioned at the beginning be Sunrise?

NightShadow203
NightShadow203
September 7, 2019 12:25 am

SPOILER

To tell you the Erin’s made starclan to hypocritical. Bluestar. Had kits with oakheart and lied thrushpelt lied to but he didnt get judged by starclan. Crookedstar own daughter. Had kits with Graystripe. Yellowfang lied to squrrielflight saying she could not have kits so jayfeather lionblaze and hollyleaf be raised in thunderclan. So why would the aouther make the cat who basically told her to lie to keep the starclan chosen kits in thunderclan….now if she dies again she prolly won’t get in starclan to many flaws in this story…not the best.

NightShadow203
NightShadow203
September 7, 2019 12:44 am
Reply to  NightShadow203

But in all honesty its the only part I didnt like…its conflicted feels

September 17, 2019 1:22 pm
Reply to  NightShadow203

The flaws are supposed to be there, I feel. There have been a lot of concerns about Starclan being hypocritical about the Code, and the Broken Code arc plans to address this and redefine it. As such, the cats and rules of Starclan are likely meant to be flawed. ^^

bow to "earthling" overlords

Rosewing
Rosewing
September 7, 2019 4:00 am

I’m just wondering what Stormcloud’s relationship with Sparkpelt is. Are they really good friends? Is Stormcloud mooning over her? Or is Stormcloud just really sweet and wanted to help out even if he wasn’t close to Sparkpelt?

Also, what happened to Ambermoon and Millie? I imagine they probably died between SH and LS, but still…

I really wish there was a bit more detail.

Spring
Spring
September 7, 2019 4:47 am
Reply to  Rosewing

I think Ambermoon was stated to have been killed by an owl earlier in the book, I think it was revealed when the preview first came out. Maybe Stormcloud and Sparkpelt are just good friends? Idk, if they were to become mates then it would just continuously do the trend where most relationships between characters of opposite gender get together even though a friendship could’ve worked just as well. However, I don’t like Spark x Lark that much (it really just felt like it was thrown into DN and only shown in SqH) and tbh I wouldn’t mind seeing Storm x Spark, though I like Storm x Twig more.

Daffiolet is otp

Briarpaw, who- AHHH! LOOK OUT! SHE'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!
Briarpaw, who- AHHH! LOOK OUT! SHE'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!
September 8, 2019 1:05 am
Reply to  Spring

ooooohhh, Storm x Twig! Although, I have to say, I wanted Storm x Amber, but obviously that can’t happen. So maybe Storm x Cherry?

I need to change my siggie

Rosewing
Rosewing
September 8, 2019 3:55 pm

StormCherry was hinted at in “Bramblestar’s Storm”, so it’s possible. It’s also possible that he’s Sorrelstripe’s mate, but they aren’t seen around each other…

I’m leaning towards Stormcloud and Sparkpelt being good friends, tbh.

Jaysnow
Jaysnow
September 7, 2019 7:06 pm
Reply to  Rosewing

I’m no Erin, but I’d say they’re good friends.

Ambermoon died pre SH in an owl attack. It’s clearly stated in Chapter 1.

Millie, however, is another story. She is still alive by the end of SH but not by Lost Stars, so we’re led to believe she died of natural causes, since the book mentions how frail she’s gotten.

Brackenleaf
Brackenleaf
September 7, 2019 8:21 pm
Reply to  Rosewing

This is big but it makes sense. Stormcloud is probably Sorrelstripe’s mate and the father of her kits, so it makes sense that he would feel the need to help the queens and perhaps be a father figure to Sparkpelt’s kits at the most. At the least, he was mentored by Squirrelflight and so makes him relevant in one way or another.

I just hope I’m right and Kate confirms Stromcloud as Sorrelstripe’s mate and father of Baykit and Myrtlekit!

Spring
Spring
September 7, 2019 10:47 pm
Reply to  Brackenleaf

Stormcloud wasn’t hanging around Sorrelstripe, though; it’s more likely he was just there to comfort Sparkpelt. Just because he hangs around the nursery, it doesn’t mean he has kits/wants them.

Daffiolet is otp

Briarpaw, who- AHHH! LOOK OUT! SHE'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!
Briarpaw, who- AHHH! LOOK OUT! SHE'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!
September 8, 2019 1:07 am
Reply to  Brackenleaf

I hope it’s Molewhisker. He deserves a mate!

Also, I really like Baykit for some reason, although in Lost Stars, all we see is him scampering after his mother. I really hope to see a lot of him in the future!

I need to change my siggie

Flamefrost
Flamefrost
September 19, 2019 1:22 am

It can’t be Molewhisker, because he and Sorrelstripe are cousins as their mothers, Poppyfrost and Cinderheart, are littermates (Sorry). I’m sure he will have a family soon enough though. He’s still young (as in, a younger middle-aged warrior).

I think it’s either Dewnose or Stormcloud. They’re the most likely.

Spring
Spring
September 19, 2019 1:36 am
Reply to  Flamefrost

…Squirrelflight and Bramblestar are cousins yet they had Alderheart, Sparkpelt, Dandelionkit, and Juniperkit. Dustpelt and Ferncloud are uncle and niece and they had Foxleap, Spiderleg, Birchfall, Icecloud, Hollykit, Larchkit, and Shrewpaw. Hawkwing and Pebbleshine are cousins and had Twigbranch and Violetshine (and depending on what happens in Pebbleshine’s Kits, it could very well be more than just them). Sparkpelt and Larksong are related through Firestar and yet they had kits. It does not matter if Molewhisker and Sorrelstripe are related, it can still be canon.

And besides, at this point almost everyone in the Clan is related anyways…

Daffiolet is otp

🎃 Eaglefright! (Aquilaaaaaaaaaahhhh with a Halloween name) 👻
🎃 Eaglefright! (Aquilaaaaaaaaaahhhh with a Halloween name) 👻
September 20, 2019 6:57 pm
Reply to  Spring

Squirrelflight and Bramblestar are cousins?! 😱

I did not know that.

Bad Wolf!

Briarpaw, who- AHHH! LOOK OUT! SHE'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!
Briarpaw, who- AHHH! LOOK OUT! SHE'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!
September 20, 2019 11:27 pm

well, Squirrelflight’s mom is Sandstorm, who’s mom is Brindleface, who’s mother is Swiftbreeze. Swiftbreeze’s kit is Leopardfoot who’s kit is Tigerstar who’s kit is Bramblestar!

I need to change my siggie

Stormheart
Stormheart
September 19, 2019 9:16 pm
Reply to  Flamefrost

Well Hawkwing and Pebbleshine are first cousins and they’re mates.

Storm
Storm
September 7, 2019 7:51 pm

Kate Cary, people are saying it never said Millie’s death! Will we ever know? Sorry if I sound rude. I’m not trying to.

September 9, 2019 11:34 am
Reply to  Storm

Will we ever know what??

BlogTeam Administrator, Leader

Spinestar
Spinestar
September 10, 2019 3:29 pm
Reply to  Kate

I think maybe they are asking how exactly Millie died

September 12, 2019 11:09 am
Reply to  Spinestar

Oh! OK. W.A.S 🙂

BlogTeam Administrator, Leader

CyberDeity
CyberDeity
September 9, 2019 10:22 am

Squirrelflight’s Hope: The Midlife Crisis.

Though I have to disagree with Squirrelflight when it comes to her wanting another litter so badly. She’s like, 8 years old, which is in cat years is like, 48 years. She already lost two kits with her first litter. Probably not a good idea to have another one, but I have to say… OMG SPARKPELT AND LARKSONG! KITS! AHHHH! *fangirl squeal*

Stormheart
Stormheart
September 19, 2019 9:20 pm
Reply to  CyberDeity

Fun Fact Even though Squirrelflight is middle aged she can she is still fertiles b/c unlike humans female cats don’t go into menopause the same way human females do. However I do think Squirreflight’s difficulty in becoming pregnant has to do with her age. The only difference is that she’s still fertile since she’s a cat not a twoleg.

CyberDeity
CyberDeity
September 9, 2019 1:05 pm

Hi, Kate o-/

What sickness do you think killed Larksong and Flickerkit? Was it just a simple prey sickness? (And if it was, what type of poisoning was it?) Or was it something else?

Does it even have a name like for example, Greencough?

September 10, 2019 11:05 am
Reply to  CyberDeity

No idea.

BlogTeam Administrator, Leader

Spring
Spring
September 10, 2019 10:52 pm
Reply to  CyberDeity

Maybe the sickness will be more featured in TBC if it is to ever return, if it wasn’t a known sickness

Daffiolet is otp

doey is running for senior warrior
doey is running for senior warrior
September 17, 2019 7:38 pm
Reply to  CyberDeity

Wasn’t it caused by the flower that the sister cats said they saw in their territory?

running 4 SW : ) 🦌

Tigerpelt
Tigerpelt
September 11, 2019 12:39 am

Okay, so I skimmed through the last part of the book (not that far and I often do that.) And I saw Hawkwing say that Skyclan was moving into the new territory and should be moved before Moonlights kits got to leave Skyclan. I’m wondering now, why didn’t they move after Squirrelflight’s Hope as in Lost Stars they’re still in their territory by the lake? Did Leafbare delay it, or did Leafstar decide to stay in their territory, it even looks like they were being settled in at the end of the book.

Snowfall
Snowfall
September 11, 2019 7:52 am
Reply to  Tigerpelt

They do move but they still have a narrow strip of land that leads down to the lakeshore (so they still have access to the lake).
If you look between the maps in Raging Storm and Lost Stars then you should notice that the location of SkyClan camp moved between those two books.

Way too obsessed with warriors

Tigerpelt
Tigerpelt
September 11, 2019 2:14 pm
Reply to  Snowfall

Ah, I totally didn’t see that. Thanks.

Duststorm Returns
Duststorm Returns
September 11, 2019 1:33 am

So Kate, what was the main reason to “punish” Sparkpelt by completely destroying Spark x Lark and taking one of their kits? It seemed a bit sad and unexpected for me, although I knew that Larksong was dead by reading Lost Stars. (Felt pretty sad after reading the book.)

September 17, 2019 1:34 pm

There’s a lot of loss in the series in general, and especially around the latest arc. I don’t think Cakestar’s trying to “punish” anyone in particular; warriors endure casualties and mourn their friends and families often, and Sparkpelt is no exception. On a more meta note, I could speculate that it might be a subversion of the Firestar-kin-plot-armor thing. Firestar’s kits and nephew and all their descendants are typically seen as invincible; by showing that his granddaughter experiences tragedy, it raises the stakes for the main characters of the new arc and makes it unclear whether or not they’ll be untouched by grief at the end of the arc.

bow to "earthling" overlords

Sparkfire
Sparkfire
September 11, 2019 7:26 pm

Hi! I just have a few questions. I have just ordered SH and I have read the sample! I can’t wait for it!

But I have read Lost Stars and I’m just wondering. Is Squirrelflight gonna see Sandstorm and Firestar? She’s probably there with Leafpool, but I’d love to see them again!
And is it known why she and Bramblestar don’t have a new litter yet? I’d like that so much!

And does anyone have the link to TST sample? I heard it’s out, but couldn’t find it.

Briarpaw, who- AHHH! LOOK OUT! SHE'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!
Briarpaw, who- AHHH! LOOK OUT! SHE'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!
September 20, 2019 11:31 pm
Reply to  Sparkfire

If you want to know, and I tell you, that would spoil things, wouldn’t it? It’s fun to keep the suspense! Also, TST sample is on iBooks.

I need to change my siggie

Riverspots
Riverspots
September 12, 2019 12:54 pm

Why does Littlecloud looks so mad at this book?

Btw, I loved SH. It was better than what I expected

Tuliptalon
Tuliptalon
September 14, 2019 5:54 am
Reply to  Riverspots

Idk. Maybe he didn’t want to come or something.

Ridin shotgun under a hot sun

Butterflyflower
Butterflyflower
September 15, 2019 3:36 am

I haven’t read the book, so I hope this isn’t really true, but from some of the spoilers I read, it kinda seems like Tigerheartstar is just a lot worse in this book, even more than he was in The Raging Storm, and it just really bothers me, because he’s my favorite character (and he’s been for SO long, I don’t want to just give up on him!), and, by this point I’m mostly okay with how he was in TRS, aside from a few little things, and there definitely were also some good parts with him in TRS as well toward the end of the book, but now this happens.
I read that he was okay with attacking a pregnant queen and her family? And even caused her death? Really? I’m just really upset about this right now because this just isn’t the same Tigerheart…

I still love the series and want to keep reading it, so I’m not hating on the series or this book. This is just really bothering me and making me worried.

September 17, 2019 1:30 pm

I know, right? I didn’t like him to begin with, but I respected that he was an okay mate and a really good father to Shadowpaw, always encouraging him and all. But then my friends are spoiling SH and telling me he murdered a queen after she gave birth to her kits? Really???

bow to "earthling" overlords

Butterflyflower
Butterflyflower
September 17, 2019 4:18 pm

But then, after I posted this comment, I saw on the wiki that it said that when he realized there were kits involved, he tried to call off the attack, but something happened and it didn’t work, so maybe that isn’t really what happened? Idk. 😛

September 17, 2019 7:32 pm

Hmm. I’ll try to not judge until I get my copy 😛

bow to "earthling" overlords

Briarpaw, who- AHHH! LOOK OUT! SHE'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!
Briarpaw, who- AHHH! LOOK OUT! SHE'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!
September 20, 2019 11:32 pm

Tigerstar’s turned into a jerk, if you ask me.

I need to change my siggie

Daisy wind stepped off
Daisy wind stepped off
September 15, 2019 9:11 pm

Poor strikestone he’s been through so much already and then now he’s deaf I just hope he gets a mate and become the next deputy

September 17, 2019 1:28 pm

He’s definitely been through a lot. His father died, then his mother was killed by Darktail, then his sister defected to become evil, then his brother poisoned prey and ended up drowning. I really don’t like Tigerheartstar so…Strikestar? From what I’ve seen of his personality, he’s really nice. :3

bow to "earthling" overlords

Spring
Spring
September 17, 2019 1:37 pm

I don’t think he needs to get a mate to be happy but yes big agree on everything except that

Daffiolet is otp

1 19 20 21 22 23 26

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch