Discussing 3 Misunderstood Warrior Cats Ft. Jayfeather by Rainpaw

Rainpaw shares three misunderstood characters from the series in a skit with ThunderClan’s impressionable medicine cat, Jayfeather.

Art by Warrior-Junkie

Rainpaw: Greetings, Clanmates! I’d like to welcome Jayfeather (My secret senpai xP)

Jayfeather: *Grumbles* Whatever.

Rainpaw: Jayfeather, don’t be grumpy.

Jayfeather: Whatever.

Rainpaw: *Rolls eyes*

ANYWAY! Let’s begin!

3. Breezepelt
I’m a bit rusty on Breeze, because I haven’t read Power of Three in a while. I’m currently rereading the third book, which I’ve barely started…but anyway, from what I remember, Breezepelt trains in the Dark Forest, and in the Great Battle, he attacks…Lionblaze? The reason for that is because Crowfeather did not love him as a father should. Crowfeather, in my opinion, isn’t a very good father. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE Crowfeather, but he doesn’t fit the father mold. And Breeze’s mother was not a very…hmm…how should I say this…not a very easy-going cat. I think she’s a bit prickly and high-maintenance, from what I think off the top of my head. I’m pretty sure Breezepelt wasn’t all too fond of his mother. Sure, she sided with him and defended him, but in a kind of annoying way. Breezepelt was probably uncomfortable with his mother’s and father’s relationships, both with each other and with him.

Jayfeather: Breezepelt is a no-good, nasty, mouse-brained, arrogant, snobby, stuck-up, battle-hungry, prickly, foolish, stupid-

Rainpaw: JAYFEATHER! We get it!

Jayfeather: Great StarClan, ALRIGHT! *Grumbles more*

2. Millie
I love Millie. She’s VERY misunderstood. Let’s start from when she first came to the Clan…
When Millie first came with Graystripe, she was daring and fierce, brave and courageous, a good hunter, kind, understanding, affectionate, loyal, strong, and basically every positive thing. And she STILL is. Then, she had kits, her kits grew up…then Briarlight got injured very badly. Millie was so overprotective BECAUSE Millie herself suffered. Since she was a kittypet, the Clans scorned and shamed her, even her own Clanmates sometimes. And because of Briarlight’s inability to fight and useless hind legs, she’s afraid that Briarlight will have the same fate. She wants desperately for her daughter to fit in, as Millie does not.
She doesn’t pay as much attention to Bumblestripe and Blossomfall because they fit in perfectly. They’ve got mates and kits, and are, well, perfect! Briarlight is not. Millie’s just a caring mother. That’s all. She’s very misunderstood and underestimated, but she is one of the strongest female figures. For her to leave everything behind for a tom she just met? (Graystripe) She is one of the bravest she-cats I have ever seen.

Jayfeather: I agree.

Rainpaw: *Thinks* Wow, Jayfeather agreed with me!

Jayfeather: *Grunts* Just because I lost my powers doesn’t mean I can’t guess what you’re thinking sometimes…

Rainpaw: *Gulp…*

1. Ashfur
He is the poster cat for MISUNDERSTOOD.
I like Ashfur. I truly do. Let’s get to his story.
Ashfur loved Squirrelflight. He was a caring, loyal, and kind mate while it lasted, and an amazing brother to Ferncloud. He cared for Squirrelflight deeply. But then, Squirrelflight up and left him when Brambleclaw and her stopped arguing. They got back together, and Squirrelflight just…ditched him. When it started to get real, she just LEFT HIM! And the jealousy and heartbreak continued to grow bigger and bigger until Ashfur grew bitter. He lost sense. He, as Yellowfang said, “loved too much.” The bitterness grew stronger until it intensified into pure rage. Ashfur hated Squirrelflight and Brambleclaw because they had something he could never have. A part of life that he got a taste of with Squirrelflight, and she left him wanting more. Who can blame him for that? I understand. He wanted to hurt her for having a happy life, while he was left in the ashes of the fire. I truly understand this poor cat who should have had a full, happy life.

Jayfeather: Wow. This just got deep…

Rainpaw: OoOOooOoo!

Jayfeather: Well, I see a pile of tansy over there. I need to go collect it.

Rainpaw: Oh. I’ll help you. BYE, GUYS!!

Fan Articles

🎄 Not-So-Sane Hot Cocoa Rain 🎄
🎄 Not-So-Sane Hot Cocoa Rain 🎄
October 4, 2018 12:47 am

Another one of my old cringy articles 😛
Oooof
I’M SO EMBARRASSED
I was so young
Oof

Rainshine 🌸 Rainie
Rainshine 🌸 Rainie
October 4, 2018 2:21 am

ahaha I love the Jayfeather parts ahhhh Jaybae… I LOVE MILLIE!! well I liked her a lot when she first showed up… after a while she got a little… bland, almost. Her good qualities almost completely vanished. But yesssss she is so brave and awesome I love how you wrote that out. (also your profile pic…. cheetah, spidey…. a broom??? and….. me???? jk jk jk but seriously what is the brown square i can’t tell)

🎄 Not-So-Sane Hot Cocoa Rain 🎄
🎄 Not-So-Sane Hot Cocoa Rain 🎄
October 4, 2018 4:56 am

(it’s a jazz instrument 😉 [Jazzy])

Sky
Sky
October 4, 2018 2:52 am

Uh oh… I hate all these cats. 😛

Anyways, I won’t go into tons of detail on Breezepelt, but read my articles on Blossomfall to understand why what Millie did was NOT okay.

Now.

Ashfur…

You: “He was a caring, loyal mate while it lasted.”
Me: He wasn’t even her mate! :/
You: “But then, Squirrelflight up and left him when Brambleclaw and her stopped arguing. They got back together, and Squirrelflight just…ditched him. When it started to get real, she just LEFT HIM!”
Me: Okay, first off, she didn’t leave him. He wasn’t her mate in the first place, secondly. You can’t leave someone you weren’t ever mates with! She offered KINDLY to BE HIS FRIEND! He was the one who “ditched” her, he could have been her friend, if he actually liked her he would have stayed that way. It’s his fault that he lost Squirrelflight forever.
You: “And the jealousy and heartbreak continued to grow bigger and bigger until Ashfur grew bitter. He lost sense. He, as Yellowfang said, ‘loved too much.'”
Me: Ashfur had the right to be jealous, he even had the right to deny being Squirrelflight’s friend any longer. But he does not have the right to be bitter the way he was. He does not have the right to lose that sort of sense, and he does not deserve to be passed over as “loving too much.” I love ya Yellowfang but you make really bad decisions. If you ACTUALLY loved someone THAT MUCH, you wouldn’t TRY TO KILL THEIR WHOLE FAMILY! What Ashfur had was not love, it was an unhealthy, obsessive addiction with Squirrelflight, what makes it worse is that Ashfur didn’t get punished for his actions. It’s scary that the Erins, adults, are not showing that people who kill to get what they want are punished.
You: “The bitterness grew stronger until it intensified into pure rage. Ashfur hated Squirrelflight and Brambleclaw because they had something he could never have. A part of life that he got a taste of with Squirrelflight, and she left him wanting more. Who can blame him for that? I understand.”
Me: As I said above, Ashfur had no right to have pure rage at Squirrelflight OR Brambleclaw. She didn’t do anything wrong. Also, what he tasted “with” Squirrelflight was a one-way crush. That’s nothing. Who can blame him for that? I can. Just because your crush turned you down doesn’t give you a right to murder their family. No, Ashfur and Squirrelflight WERE NOT mates! They were friends, good friends, Ashfur was the only one who had a crush and Squirrelflight knew that which is why she had to go through the explaining.
You: “He wanted to hurt her for having a happy life, while he was left in the ashes of the fire. I truly understand this poor cat who should have had a full, happy life.”
Me: Wait, wait, wait… so you think that because your crush turns you down and marries another guy you have the right to murder her family? He wasn’t left behind, he could very well have branched out, found more love, and stayed friends with Squirrelflight, ultimately it’s his fault that he felt left behind. Also, going back to where you said that he was a good brother, he could have looked to Ferncloud for a shoulder to lean on to help him heal but he blindly decided that murdering someone’s family “to make them feel your pain” is okay.

I don’t want to be rude, but I find it slightly disturbing that people could UNDERSTAND Ashfur….. I mean isn’t it a little odd that people relate to this guy who decided to kill his crush’s family because she said that she didn’t like him and liked someone else?

Anyways, this was fun with the Jayfeather parts, I just hate all three cats that you talked about…. I WOULD go into deep detail about Breezepelt and Millie, but since I hate Ashfur the most I just delved into him. Read my comments around BlogClan to see why Breezepelt sucks in my opinion and read my articles regarding GrayXSilver vs. GrayXMillie and my articles regarding Blossomfall to see why I hate Millie and how her actions as a mother were not okay.

Bracken (Brackenpaw/light) is ALIVE!!!
Bracken (Brackenpaw/light) is ALIVE!!!
October 4, 2018 5:02 am
Reply to  Sky

Once again, I agree with everything Sky says. 😛

Foxtail (Foxie)
Foxtail (Foxie)
October 4, 2018 6:49 am

Yesss thank you Sky!! I don’t hate Ashfur like some others do but I will always defend Squirrelflight against him!!

Aster is Meowing for Chinese New Year!!! (Asterstorm/ Meowing Aster/ Astie)
Aster is Meowing for Chinese New Year!!! (Asterstorm/ Meowing Aster/ Astie)
October 4, 2018 4:03 pm

Me too 😛!

🍂 Cheetahspark 🍂
🍂 Cheetahspark 🍂
October 4, 2018 3:02 pm
Reply to  Sky

I always agree with Sky 😉 Except I have neutral feelings on Millie. But as for Ashfur, I completely agree 😛

Mapleshadedefender
Mapleshadedefender
October 4, 2018 3:42 pm
Reply to  Sky

That’s exactly what I wanted to say! Except the part about Millie, I kind of like Millie, Ashfur was never mates with Squirrelflight! Also, Ashfur barely even talked to Ferncloud….And while Mapleshade kind of acted like Ashfur, killing everyone, Mapleshade had a real mate and kits. What did Ashfur have? A highschool crush. *claps* Bravo, Ashfur, you got away with attempted murder. He should have gone to the Dark forest…….or at least be punished in Starclan. Or Thunderclan. Firestar, where were you when Ashfur was trying to murder your kin???????

Sky
Sky
October 4, 2018 9:38 pm

I know right, it’s ridiculous. Mapleshade had a mate and was hallucinating about her kits, she had an actual reason, meanwhile Ashfur tried murdering everyone due to a high school crush, it’s just silly. Ashfur should have been punished, it’s actually scary that the Erins gave him a happy ending. It’s almost like saying that it’s okay as long as you just “loved too much.” *chokes*

Wishblossom
Wishblossom
May 1, 2020 9:02 am
Reply to  Sky

Yes she had a reason, but said reason is so flimsy its like trying to spread a quarter-pound of clay all over a four-foot-mold. It’s not believable. Even if you do manage it, one touch of a finger, and BOOP the clay tears. Pottery metaphor aside, I firmly believe, that murder is NEVER the answer and that murder is NEVER justifiable and that she deserves everything she got. Not trying to hate though.

God Bless you all,
Wishblossom

Rainstar25
Rainstar25
October 4, 2018 7:50 pm
Reply to  Sky

I love this rant so much.

Spoto/Spottedspirit
Spoto/Spottedspirit
October 4, 2018 8:55 pm
Reply to  Sky

That was a lot of criticism.

Sky
Sky
October 4, 2018 9:40 pm

I know that you dislike criticism, but I am free to express my opinion, I wasn’t criticizing Jazzy, I wasn’t even criticizing, I was starting a debate and stating my opinion.

Spotted Autumn Leaf Spirit (Spottedspirit)
Spotted Autumn Leaf Spirit (Spottedspirit)
October 4, 2018 10:35 pm
Reply to  Sky

Not criticizing Jazzy, of course not. I was just stating that you were criticizing Ashfur and Millie. 😛

🎃 Rain is logged out (Willowrain) 🎃
🎃 Rain is logged out (Willowrain) 🎃
October 15, 2018 2:00 am
Reply to  Sky

I’m Rain 🙁

Littlefang
Littlefang
October 4, 2018 1:52 pm

Jayfeather was hilarious

Wolfpaw (Wolfie)
Wolfpaw (Wolfie)
October 4, 2018 3:01 pm

Honestly, I kind of started liking Breezeplet after reading Crowfeather’s trail. About Millie I am quite neutral, but I really don’t like Ashfur. You can’t say he just loved too much, he would’ve done what Mapleshade did if Squirrelflight had not told him that Lionblaze, Hollyleaf and Jayfeather were her kits. So if Starclan could not forgive Mapleshade they shouldn’t have forgiven Ashfur in my opinion.

🍂 Cheetahspark 🍂
🍂 Cheetahspark 🍂
October 5, 2018 1:05 pm

The redemption arc they gave Breezepelt in CT completely covers up the fact that he was willing to let his entire Clan die around him in favor of the DF cats. Including Heathertail, including maybe even Nightcloud. I agree that everyone deserves second chances, but this… If the Dark Forest had won, would Breezepelt have felt guilty? I don’t think so. The only reason why he even tried to clean up his act was because he had nowhere else to go, and he had to prove himself to the Clan, or else they would have chased him out. And Onestar was no help. And I haven’t even finished CT yet 😛

Sky
Sky
October 7, 2018 6:09 pm

Ahhh agreed.

Aster is Meowing for Chinese New Year!!! (Asterstorm/ Meowing Aster/ Astie)
Aster is Meowing for Chinese New Year!!! (Asterstorm/ Meowing Aster/ Astie)
October 4, 2018 4:01 pm

I don’t agree much with your opinions about the three cats, especially the part abour Ashfur 😅. But I really like the style you used 😸!

🎄 Not-So-Sane Hot Cocoa Rain 🎄
🎄 Not-So-Sane Hot Cocoa Rain 🎄
October 4, 2018 5:03 pm

I WILL FOREVER LIKE ASHFUR
There are no “high school crushes” in a world of short lives and unpredictable futures. And Ashfur did interact with Ferncloud…? If I had done this article later, I could have listed a better debate. Everyone makes it seem like Ashfur is evil, but honestly, he was just foolish. He deserved to be forgiven because he made a mistake. A mistake. Since when did BlogClan hate on others for making mistakes? And Millie’s mind and the way she thinks is complicated. I’m not going to debate again because people are always going to stand me up, so let’s just agree that we have different opinions. Breezepelt is by far one of the most interesting characters in Warriors, and, just like Millie, he’s hard to understand.
I will agree that Ashfur was a bit over-dramatic, but that is all I’m going to say.

Rainstar25
Rainstar25
October 4, 2018 8:04 pm

I wouldn’t call deliberately attempting to murder family members a mistake. As far as we know, Ashfur never regretted his actions, especially after finding out the truth about Squirrelflight’s “kits”. He just wanted to make Squirrelflight suffer.

If he regretted his behavior and tried to make amends, then Ashfur deserves forgiveness. But unfortunately never happened.

Sky
Sky
October 4, 2018 9:41 pm
Reply to  Rainstar25

Yep, agreed.

Bracken (Brackenpaw/light) is ALIVE!!!
Bracken (Brackenpaw/light) is ALIVE!!!
October 4, 2018 11:49 pm
Reply to  Rainstar25

I agree!

Rainie
Rainie
October 4, 2018 10:15 pm

I agree with everything here ^^ The high school thing was a metaphor for having a relationship that isn’t serious, I think. Also, probably a bit more than a mistake… I think he was driven crazy by his love. Like almost maple shade crazy. And he was really really over dramatic about it. I still like Millie. But only before the briarlight incident. After that her character went ehhhh like I mentioned above.

Leafsong (Gold Leaves That Adorn New Years Cheer)
Leafsong (Gold Leaves That Adorn New Years Cheer)
October 5, 2018 3:16 am

SAME!!!! GO ASHFUR!!!!! The weird thing is, I like Ashfur and his murderer, Hollyleaf XD But whatever. I will defend Ashfur till the END.

Rainstar25
Rainstar25
October 4, 2018 7:49 pm

Your part about Ashfur annoyed me so much. I would rant about how Ashfur was a selfish, murderous cat who blew a hissy fit just because his crush rejected him (Ashfur and Squirrelflight were never mates; they were just friends), but Sky already said my feelings on the matter.

Honestly, I find it a bit sickening when I see people defending Ashfur, excusing his horrible behavior, and blaming Squirrelflight, the victim, when she didn’t do anything wrong.

“Loving too much” is NOT an excuse for Ashfur’s actions. He did not love Squirrelflight; if he did, he would’ve been happy for her and RESPECT HER DECISION! Not go around and attempt to murder her family members. Ashfur was OBESSED with Squirrelflight and felt so entitled to her affections that he didn’t even think of her happiness. He was a selflish jerk who should’ve been punished severely instead of going to StarClan.

Rainie
Rainie
October 4, 2018 10:21 pm
Reply to  Rainstar25

Hey, reminder that while it’s okay to have your own opinion, don’t hate on others opinions. Rain was showing Ashfurs perspective, and she said that he deserved a good life, nowhere was she excusing ashfurs actions (I think). She put work into this, and maybe read the article and ponder about it a bit :/

Bracken (Brackenpaw/light) is ALIVE!!!
Bracken (Brackenpaw/light) is ALIVE!!!
October 4, 2018 11:53 pm
Reply to  Rainie

What Rainie said, you can have an opinion, but please be respectful.

🎃 Rain is logged out (Willowrain) 🎃
🎃 Rain is logged out (Willowrain) 🎃
October 15, 2018 2:03 am
Reply to  Rainie

Thanks, Rainie <3 and yes, I am not excusing his actions, I’m only looking at him in a different way.

Embers Glowing Green For St. Patricks Day
Embers Glowing Green For St. Patricks Day
October 4, 2018 7:55 pm

I think that what happened wasn’t Squirrelflight’s fault, but I’ve still always kind of liked Ashfur. I think that he did deserve StarClan, because he kind of went insane towards the end. Great article! (Plus, Jayfeather is awesome. 😛 )

Leafsong (Gold Leaves That Adorn New Years Cheer)
Leafsong (Gold Leaves That Adorn New Years Cheer)
October 5, 2018 3:18 am

Same! Ashfur DOES deserve StarClan. Why does he get so much hate???

Bramblefire
Bramblefire
October 6, 2018 2:29 am

Because he had no reason to attempt murder. He didn’t love Squirrelflight, he was obsessed with her and didn’t respect her when she wanted to be friends. That’s not her fault and Ashfur took things way too far. That’s why people don’t like him.

Bracken (Brackenpaw/light) is ALIVE!!!
Bracken (Brackenpaw/light) is ALIVE!!!
October 6, 2018 7:37 pm
Reply to  Bramblefire

What Bramble said.

Lilacpaw/frost - Li
Lilacpaw/frost - Li
October 5, 2018 10:21 pm

Nice article!!

Lilacpaw/frost - Li
Lilacpaw/frost - Li
October 5, 2018 10:22 pm

Nice article!

Beeheart
Beeheart
October 6, 2018 2:17 pm

I agree with them all. When I read the second power of three book, before I knew Lionpaw and Breezepaw were half-brothers, I was like, “HATE/LOVE RELATIONSHIP WHEEEE”
And then when I told someone else, who was on Omen of the Stars, they said they were half brothers and I was so confused.
But I also agree with Millie and Ashfur.

🔥▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░Pebblepaw░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂ 🔥 (aka Peb, the Gender-Bias Battler)
🔥▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░Pebblepaw░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂ 🔥 (aka Peb, the Gender-Bias Battler)
October 17, 2018 4:17 pm

I love how you did Jayfeather in there XD It was hilarious

I also totally agree with your article. Especially with Ashfur. His story is sad 🙁

• Doveflight