Does Ashfur Deserve To Be In StarClan? by Rainpaw

Rainpaw discusses her opinion on if Ashfur should be in StarClan.

Official art by Wayne McLoughlin

Note: Contains spoilers for The New Prophecy and Power of Three and a bit in Bluestar’s Prophecy.

Hello everyone! Rainpaw here with another article! Today I will be sharing my opinion on something that is pretty debated in the Warriors community, which is where does Ashfur belong? StarClan? or the Dark Forest?
Here’s my opinion: Ashfur doesn’t deserve to go to StarClan.
Before all you Ashfur belongs in StarClan supporters start screaming at me in the comments, let me say something: I do not believe that Ashfur should go to the Dark Forest; I am only saying why I think Ashfur shouldn’t have gone to StarClan.

Here is my argument:
Many people say that Ashfur loved too much, but I disagree. If Ashfur really loved Squirrelflight, he wouldn’t have felt too bad if Squirrelflight rejected him and went of with Brambleclaw. One who really loves another should wish the best for that person. Take Bluestar and Thrushpelt for example. When Bluestar told Thrushpelt that she mated with another cat, Thrushpelt was sad, but he accepted it and actually helped Bluestar conceal her secret of who was her actual mate. Ashfur took it much more personally than Thrushpelt. I understand that Ashfur might have been feeling a lot, but here comes my next point. He actually decided to kill four cats: Firestar, Jayfeather, Hollyleaf, and Lionblaze. No, just no. If Ashfur had been feeling really sad, its understandable. But trying to kill cats? That has gone too far and to me, it makes him a murderer. You’d then say that Ashfur didn’t really succeed in killing any cats, so he isn’t really a murderer. But here’s the point: he already had the intention of killing, so he already has an evil heart, and that to me means that he doesn’t deserve to go to StarClan. Isn’t StarClan a place for cats who are truly good in the heart? Ashfur doesn’t have a good heart. Plus, after he failed to do the whole I’m going to keep Squirrelflight’s kits in the fire so that Squirrelflight can feel my pain thing, he threatened to reveal that Jayfeather, Hollyleaf, and Lionblaze aren’t Squirrelflight’s kits but Leafpool’s. This could shatter ThunderClan’s reputation, but Ashfur still cares about his pain more than his Clan.
Alright, so I’ve made my point about why I think Ashfur shouldn’t be in StarClan, but like I said earlier, that doesn’t necessarily mean that he should go to the Dark Forest either. Since he didn’t actually kill any cats and could be driven to do his actions partly because of love and the pain that rejection brings, it is still understandable and therefore doesn’t make him too evil to belong in the Dark Forest. All in all, I feel that when he died, his soul should have just not went to StarClan or the Dark Forest.

And that’s it for today! I hope that you could understand my points and have a great day!
-Rainpaw-, signing off.

Similar Posts:

21 Replies to “Does Ashfur Deserve To Be In StarClan? by Rainpaw”

1. October 8, 2018 at 6:06 pm

Very good article! I totally agree on everything.
    (Warning: Spoilers for AVoS)

I do think Ashfur should have at least become a “ghost” like Needletail and those other ShadowClan cats did, and he could have redeemed himself somehow, then he could go to StarClan.

for the last time graystripe

2. Marrowfrost
    October 8, 2018 at 8:39 pm

I agree. I dislike Ashfur with a burning passion, I’m going to have to make an article on him one day. And I don’t get how people label him as ‘misunderstood’ or ‘good cat’ at all. If he was misunderstood, that was in the first arc. The arcs we’re talking about are The New Prophecy and Power of Three, and he’s not misunderstood in those arcs. And if he was a good cat, there are several things that he could’ve done to redeem himself. For one, he could’ve accepted that Squirrelflight viewed him as a friend and stayed friends with her. He didn’t have to throw a fit about it. And in PoT, that battle between Ashfur and Lionpaw was unnecessary and uncalled for. Sure, it was partially Lionpaw’s fault but Ashfur should’ve known better as well. And I faintly remember a scene where Ashfur and Lionblaze actually fight after that part of the book. (Like, after Lionblaze was a warrior.) Firestar had to break it up as well. I could go into detail, but I don’t want this to turn into a mini article/rant. Either way, I agree with you and good article.

3. Shine of Candle through Rain 🎃 Rainie
    October 9, 2018 at 1:57 am

Nice article! For such a debatable topic, this was written really well 🙂

jack-o-Lantern ~

4. Leafpool is de BEST
    October 9, 2018 at 7:54 am

I totally agree! Really good article :). Ashfur is probably the character that I hate the most, mainly because in The New Prophecy he STOLE Squirrelflight from Brambleclaw :(.

5. Lilacs That Wave in the Autumn Breeze
    October 12, 2018 at 7:15 pm

I think that Ashfur was just driven insane from having to see Squirrelflight and Brambleclaw together and reminded every day of what he could not have.

Live. Laugh. Love. Blog.

6. Pebblerose
    October 17, 2018 at 2:00 pm

Well, I sorta understand Ashfur. I DO NOT AT ALL agree with what he did, though. He really really did love Squirrelflight, and, well, at the time they where together Brambleclaw was being ah… well, heap of mouse dung to her.
    But when she and Brambleclaw DID get back together, it shattered Ashfur. He was blinded by the heartbreak. That’s what drove him into madness. I get why most people hate him, I do.
    Again, I don’t AT ALL agree with the way he threatened to kill.
    But he also needs some understanding.
    So I think the good part of him deserves StarClan after what happened to him in the last moons of his life.

(yeah I agree with you, Lilacs) :3

7. October 18, 2018 at 8:14 pm

I entirely agree, Ashfur took his feelings too far.

8. October 20, 2018 at 3:48 pm