Why I think Jessy was a annoying character(no offense) by Blossomfire15

Blossomfire15 shares why Jessy is not one of their favourite characters.

Art by th1stlew1ng

Hey guys, this is Blossomfire15 here & today I will be discussing why I think Jessy was a annoying character!

So first off, we meet Jessy at The drowned Twoleg Place & we can already see she’s a different kind of kitty pet. Well no offense, but she’s really ANNOYING! (Spoilers of Bramblestar’s Storm btw)

We can see a bit of Squirrelflight in her, which we get by now that’s Bramblestar’s kind of she cat for him. But seriously, I would let out an exasperated sigh everytime she came into a scene.

1. I am a big BramblexSquirrel shipper so when there’s a sweet memorable moment between the two (or via w/ Jayfeather & Lionblaze acting like kits) of course, Jessy HAS to ruin it w/ “Oh Bramblestar, look how dazzling & perfect I am!!

2. Honestly, I feel like all the time we hear “Bramblestar felt a warm glow of admiration for whatever x-y-z- ‘perfect’ thing she did that was amazing!
Like seriously, every scene where they’re hunting w/ her or trouble comes, I expect that she’s going to do some MIRACULOUS thing that they’ll be amazed by & will be like “JESSY IS THE BEST THING EVER! SHE’S SO PERFECT! SHE CAN DO EVERYTHING!!” Have a stinkin flaw for oy’s sake!

Honestly, she’s just a Mary Sue character. She can do no wrong, she’s perfect, of course she can make the perfect catch! And she’s such a show off & a little annoying flirt! She pulls her nest to Bramblestar’s nest in HIS den without HIS permission. And she’s always like “I’ll go on the patrol!” Which I just think she says that to go & be a show off ONCE again.

I feel like she was a annoying useless character that I really hate. Sorry but that’s my opinion on her character. The only thing I liked about her was that she gave up her & Bramblestar’s ‘possible’ future for Squirrelflight to have another chance w/ him.

Honestly, I would hate to see more of her character in the future books(a little heads up for the Erin Hunters) & I’m glad she’s out of sight for now.

Well thx for reading this article & please feel free to express your feelings in the comments below. Thx you.

Signing off, Blossomfire15

Fan Articles

Notify of
WildHeart
WildHeart
October 22, 2018 3:20 pm

Your right. I was so annoyed with Jessie and I wished so much she would leave. But it was nice of her to give Bramblestar and Squirrelflight another chance.

Foxtail (Foxie)
Foxtail (Foxie)
October 24, 2018 7:43 pm

I don’t think Jessy was useless. She actually made Bramblestar realize where his heart really lies. I like Jessy but I don’t like her with Bramblestar. I like her as a character. Plus she was generous and compassionate when she gave up her love for him so he can use that brain of his to recognize his mistakes. This is why I dislike Brambleclaw/star. I mean I’ve disliked him ever since Midnight for some reason haha. But this just adds on to it. Bramblestar clearly wasn’t paying attention to his actions and how he was hurting Squirrelflight. It’s like he didn’t care that they were mates at all. So yes I don’t blame Jessy (she’s a great cat), but I blame Bramblestar instead.

LØVƎSIƆK BLIИK (runnin’ 4 SW)

Blossompaw
Blossompaw
October 25, 2018 6:59 am

Yeah I just don’t understand why she was such a Mary Sue in my opinion. I just think that if the Erin Hunters made her less ‘so perfect’ I’d like her.

But I do agree with you about her helping Bramblestar finding where his heart lie

Spottedshine
Spottedshine
October 1, 2019 10:00 pm

I never liked her and in one part of the book she insulted Squirrelflight!!! I was so glad she left, she was making Squirrelflight feel like Sandstorm in Firestar’s quest when Spottedleaf kept checking up on Firestar. I really loved how Brablestar finally found a way to forgive Squirrelflight. Anyway I just hate Jessy.

Spottedshine
Spottedshine
December 4, 2019 12:25 am
Reply to  Spottedshine

*Bramblestar oops!

Squirrelflight13
Squirrelflight13
July 2, 2020 1:31 am

Yea I really hate jessy but I was glad when she told Bramblestar that he should be squirrelflight’s mate cuz I ship bramblexsquirrel they r my fav! 😄

Jayda
Jayda
September 22, 2020 3:09 pm

She was okay. I don’t hate her. She made Bramblestar realize that he’s always going to love Squirrelflight no matter how angry he was at her.

Turtle 🐢🐢🐢
Turtle 🐢🐢🐢
September 24, 2020 9:19 pm

I LOVE Jessy.
She helped Bramblestar to realize he belonged with Squirrelflight. That is NOT being useless!
She was NOT a Mary-Sue, and she was NOT annoying.

🍁Pine Among Striped Autumn Leaves🍂 (Pinestripe)
🍁Pine Among Striped Autumn Leaves🍂 (Pinestripe)
October 11, 2020 8:42 pm

YES! I second this! ^^

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch