Five Reasons Why I Love Tallstar’s Revenge by Star that Falls Through Navy Sky

Star that Falls Through Navy Sky shares why they love Tallstar’s Revenge. Spoilers for the aforementioned book and Yellowfang’s Secret!

Official art by Wayne McLoughlin

Helooooooooooooo BlogClan people! I am Star that falls through navy sky and this is my first article. So here we go! For my first article I thought that I would do some reasons of why I love Tallstar’s Revenge and think that it is the best Super Edition. Although I may be sliiiiiiiiiiiightly biased because Windclan is my favourite clan. Anyway, as I can’t think of anything else to say here, let’s get on with the reasons! P.S Spoilers for Tallstar’s Revenge (obviously) and Yellowfang’s Secrect.

Number One: No Prophecies or Special Powers
Most Super Editions (especially ones based on older characters) are themed around prophecies. Although this is not necessarily a bad thing, it can get boring after a while, like in Yellowfang’s Secret. Her power felt unnecessary and underused and has absolutely no mention at all in the Prophecies Begin arc. It is blatantly obvious that the power was only created for the Super Edition and is therefore easy to forget about. Tallstar’s Revenge breaks this pattern, being themed around family, revenge and unneeded hate. Which brings me to my second point…

Number Two: Relatable Characters
There are a lot of relatable characters in the book, including the hero himself. It is easy to feel the anger and sadness that he experiences when being bullied by Shrewclaw, ignored by Palebird and of course, Sandgorse’s death and his hunt for Sparrow afterwards. However it is not all sad ; when Tallpaw nearly beats the older apprentices on his first day of training (I think it was his first day. I’m too lazy to check.) it is clear that he is on top of the world. The depth of these characters is really enjoyable and heartwarming, therefore being another one of the reasons I adore the book so much.

Number Three: Themes and Morals
There are many good themes and morals in the book, some clearer than others. For example, Palebird’s post – natal depression after Finchkit dies. Of course, the biggest one is that revenge isn’t needed and, as Sparrow says, that we sometimes fill in the gaps by ourselves when we don’t know the whole story. There are also lessons about home and friends that Talltail learns through the duration of his journey.

Number Four: Character Flaws
The whole of this book is themed around Tallstar learning from his mistakes and becoming a better and wiser leader for it. This makes his character much more believable.

Number Five: TallxJake
Cannot describe this ship in words.

And that was my article! I hope you enjoyed it and will be compelled to read the book if you haven’t already (hold on a second – if you haven’t read the book and you’re reading this right now, then I’ve just told you some of the main plot points…oh well, I hope you like spoilers!). Tell me what was good about it and what I can improve!

Feel free to take a cookie on the way out to munch in the comments!
🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪

Fan Articles

Notify of
Leafsong (Gold Leaves That Adorn New Years Cheer)
Leafsong (Gold Leaves That Adorn New Years Cheer)
October 27, 2018 3:56 am

EVERYTHING IN THIS POST IS ME! I looooooooooooove Tallstar’s Revenge. I thought it was boring when I read it a while back but once I reread it a couple months ago I was in love with the book honestly. And TallstarXJake is the cutest thing ahhh 😀 😚

❃ Leaf

Littlefang is logged off and is not Littering
Littlefang is logged off and is not Littering
October 27, 2018 5:47 am

Wow! You speak my mind. I agree with the whole, solve StarClan’s problem every book. Fun fact, my father’s name is Shrewclaw and is on the elders list. Thanks for writing this

Dune Where Thistles Grow (Dunepaw/thistle)
Dune Where Thistles Grow (Dunepaw/thistle)
October 27, 2018 8:59 am

(noms cookie)

This was an awesome article!

"Haha, I tried." -me daily

Cheetahspark
Cheetahspark
October 27, 2018 1:27 pm

I love WindClan too! And Tallstar’s Revenge 😛 Great article!

Smoke (Smokepaw/flare)
Smoke (Smokepaw/flare)
October 27, 2018 3:22 pm

Great article! I also LOVE Tallstar’s revenge. 😀

ETC.
End of Thinking Capacity

Spotted Turkey's Spirit After Being Eaten
Spotted Turkey's Spirit After Being Eaten
October 27, 2018 6:08 pm

I agree with all of your reasons! I love how Tallstar is a very touching character and his book actually is therapeutic to read because it has a moral AND it doesn’t have a needless prophecy . I also love the LGBT+ warriors, or as close as they get to it! I just love this book!

Spoto, at your service

Star That Falls Through Navy Sky * Muffinfern * Navy
Star That Falls Through Navy Sky * Muffinfern * Navy
October 27, 2018 9:26 pm

Ok now I’m just imagining Jake as a therapist 😛

Wants a DW discussion page.

Blossomfire15
Blossomfire15
October 27, 2018 7:03 pm

I haven’t read Tallstar’s revenge yet but i heard it’s really good! I really enjoyed hearing your opinions on this book & it makes me want to run to the store right now & buy it!
Great article Star that Falls from Navy Sky and I cant wait for your next one!
(Chomps on cookie)
Yummie!😋🤗💟

Lilacpaw/frost - Li
Lilacpaw/frost - Li
October 27, 2018 10:45 pm

Great article! You basically voiced my opinions.

Live. Laugh. Love. Blog.

Brightpaw (pool)
Brightpaw (pool)
October 28, 2018 3:09 pm

Great article! Tallstar’s Revenge is one of my favorite books in Warriors! (WindClan is my favorite Clan too! High five! ✋ )

Riverpond
Riverpond
April 23, 2020 7:00 pm

Lucky 4 me, I have real cookies (girl scout cookies) 🙂

Well HEY-LO IM BACK

Rainbow Turtle That Waves Pride Flag.🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈(Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢)
Rainbow Turtle That Waves Pride Flag.🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈(Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢)
June 13, 2020 1:46 pm

Tallstar’s Revenge is awesome, and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE TallXJake.
She has those eyes, that smile. I’m starting to feel dizzy.

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch