The Three Best and Worst Ships by Ghostwhisper

Ghostwhisper lists their top three best and worst ships from the fandom. Are any of them on your list?

Art by Wings-of-North

SPOILERS AHEAD!
Everyone LOVES shipping. It’s probably one of the most fun things to do in the Warriors universe! However, a few ships sort of stuck out to me as odd 😛 To judge each ship, I’m going to be using a point basis. Two for chemistry, one for how long it lasts, and two for how they treat each other, or their affection towards each other. also, if you like some of the ships I put in the “worst” category, that’s great! I think it’s awesome you can see something I can’t ^-^

3rd Best Ship: Tallstar and Jake. Okay, I absolutely ADORE this one. I loved how at first, they didn’t really like each other, and I think Tallstar might’ve found him sort of annoying. (forgive me if I’m wrong, I’m currently lending out Tallstar’s Revenge) But after Jake pretty much saved his life, they grew closer and closer and that was so cute to watch! This one gets a 1 for chemistry, -1 point because I wish we had seen more of their adventures together, because that would’ve solidified it even more, if that makes sense. It gets a 1 for how long it lasts, because I read that Tallstar leaves StarClan to visit Jake occasionally, and he treated Firestar like his own son. it gets a 1.5 for how they treat eachother, -.5 because Talltail would sometimes ignore Jake’s advice. That gives it a total of 3.5/5!

3rd Worst Ship: Dovewing and Bumblestripe. Not this one! I’ll admit, I really shipped this when I first read OOTS. But just the way Dovewing treated Bumblestripe made me kinda annoyed. as Rosepetal once said, does it make her feel happy to crush Bumblestripe’s, well, crush on her? Yeah, even though they were mates for a while. Also, Bumblestripe was also kind of at fault because he was sorta creepy, saying stuff like “our kits would be beautiful!” 0 for chemistry, they really didn’t have any. It gets a 1 for how long it lasts. They were mates for about 6-7 moons I believe? It gets a 0 for how they treat each other, for reasons stated above. It gets a 1/5.

2nd Best Ship: Hawkwing and Pebbleshine. Aww, I loved this one! Hawkwing’s character development was great to watch. As his character progressed, so did his relationship with Pebbleshine, the cat he saved from a fire instead of his own brother. You could tell they really loved each other, and how dedicated he was to her memory after she was lost was beautiful. I just love this ship. 2 for chemistry, 1 for how long it lasts, because Pebble was abducted before long, and 2 for affection. That gives it 4/5!

2nd Worst Ship: Squirrelflight and Ashfur. I love Squirrelflight, and I liked Ashfur before the whole “you rejected me 20 cat years ago so now I’m gonna kill your entire family” thing. Yeah, it’s pretty obvious that Squirrel was using Ashfur as a jealousy tool against Brambleclaw. That’s… already a pretty bad basis for a relationship. Then, when Squirrelflight moved on, Ashfur decided, “Nope, nope. You know what would be fair? Me killing her and her children because I liked her when we were young warriors! Perfect!” Ashfur should’ve taken rejection like Thrushpelt. We need more Thrushpelts in the world. 0 for chemistry, 0 for how long it lasts, but a 0.5 for how they treat eachother. In the beginning of their relationship, they treated each other decently. 0.5/5.

1st Best Ship: Firestar and Sandstorm! Oh, StarClan, where do I start with this one? In TPB, Sandpaw was adorably wary of him, but she warmed up to him as time went by. When they were adult cats, it was so clear that they loved each other. I can’t think of any other pair who was so perfect for eachother! Sorry, Spottedleaf, this takes the cake. 2 for chemistry, 1 for how long it lasts and 2 for how they treat each other. 5/5, my favorite ship!

1st Worst Ship: Ashfur and Scourge. Oh, StarClan, where do I start with this one? They… didn’t even meet. The closest thing to an interaction they had was when Ashpaw killed his deputy with his fellow apprentices. I looked into this one a bit more, and I found out that some people shipped it because of “revengeshipping”, but I found enough serious ones to put it on this list. 0/5, they never met.

Hope you enjoyed this list! Again, if you like some of these, that’s great! Ghost out, my hands hurt from typing too much now.

Similar Posts:

19 Replies to “The Three Best and Worst Ships by Ghostwhisper”

1. November 6, 2018 at 2:13 am

Nice! I agree with these. I desperately want to read Tallstar’s revenge because of how much everyone likes TallXJake 🙂
    Oh mi gersh, Ashfur and Scourge?!??! They’re a thing?!? What has the world come too 😛

Owly 1.0

• Sunpaw
      November 6, 2018 at 2:51 am

There are two things I’ve heard about its origin:
      1. It started(and still is)as a crackship created by some fan.
      2. The fan who came up with it thought that Ashfur was a she-cat.

• Ghost
        November 6, 2018 at 5:20 pm

Oof, that’s odd. Probably the only thing kind of likable about it is they’re both edgy kitties.

ghostie <3

2. Ravenmist
    November 6, 2018 at 3:07 am

I completely agree with you on all of this!!!!!!!!!! I ship Bumblestripe and Rosepetal, because I feel like Rose always loved Bumble, and she was upset at Dove for treating Bumble horribly because when Bumble chose Dove, Rose wanted him to be happy, so she didn’t like it that Dove was hurting Bumble’s feelings. And Blossomfall literally says she can put in a good word for Rosepetal!!!

• Ghost
      November 6, 2018 at 5:19 pm

i hope so too, they’re a great match for eachother! If i put an honorable mentions for best ships it would be on there 😛

ghostie <3

• Sky
      November 8, 2018 at 3:36 am

I like RoseXBumble as well, but I cannot agree with you on how Dovewing treated him horribly.

Dovewing thought that she loved him, she really did want to love him. She tried her best to be a good mate. She just forgot how much she loved Tigerheart… she didn’t intentionally hurt Bumblestripe. Also, Dovewing might have stayed mates with Bumblestripe if HE hadn’t mistreated HER! If anyone was the bad mate in the DoveXBumble ship it was Bumblestripe, Dovewing deserves no blame. Bumblestripe tried to push the idea of kits on her and TOTALLY ignored her when she explained that she didn’t want them, that’s bad. Really bad. Don’t blame Dovewing for how the ship turned out, she tried her best, in the end Bumblestripe’s pushy, whiny attitude made her break up with him.

3. Sky
    November 6, 2018 at 3:13 am

Squirrelflight was NOT using Ashfur as a jealousy tool. She thought of him as a friend, someone who she could count on in a hard time. It was Ashfur who developed feelings and tried to force them on her.

• Ghost
      November 6, 2018 at 5:17 pm

hi sky! I respect your opinion, but i do believe that Squirrel was trying to make Brambleclaw jealous (even though i love her, cats do bad things when they’re young :P) because my memory of the previous arcs is a bit rusty (no pun intended) but I noticed that it seems like she only went to Ashfur when she and brambleclaw were in a fight.
      I respect your opinion though, and am not trying to yell at you for having a different one than me.
      thanks for reading the article!

ghostie <3

• Hungry Foxies Chasing Turkies
        November 7, 2018 at 12:06 am

Brambleclaw deserves to be jealous tbh. He’s so annoying (to me). Plus just look at how he fell in love with Jessy while his mate was right there!! Wow great job Bramblestar. At least Jessy helped him realize where his heart truly lies. But seriously. I sometimes feel like Brambleclaw is really blind to love that Squirrelflight had to shove it in his face because he’s so blind (I still don’t think she used Ashfur in that way cause they were just friends and he was a nice tom to confide in. *cough* well I say nice but uh *cough*) Nevertheless I still (and always will) ship BramblexSquirrel!

Count Your Blessings

• Sky
          November 8, 2018 at 3:38 am

I agree that Brambleclaw was a mousebrain when getting close to Jessy, but he’s not a bad cat… look at how he defended Hollyleaf! Look at how he pushed back his dark past.

But I agree with you on the Ashfur part.

• Sky
        November 8, 2018 at 3:41 am

Actually, she and Ashfur were friends and interacted before. She went to Ashfur for the longest period of time during her fight with Brambleclaw because… she needed someone, a F R I E N D for a longer period of time. Males and females can be friends without being in a romantic relationship, (no offense to LGBTQ+ people intended here, as I support lgbtq+) but had Squirrelflight gone to, say, Sorreltail I don’t think people would say that she was leading on Brambleclaw.

4. November 6, 2018 at 9:55 am

Nice article 😸! I absolutely like Fire×Sand too 😆! They’re the purr-fect couple for me! I hate Dove×Bumble, Squirrel×Ash and Ash×Scourge too 😾! Especially the last one, as it just come out from nothing, and I don’t get why people ship them.

Click my name for Meowingclan!

• Ghost
      November 6, 2018 at 5:22 pm

Sunpaw above had some things about it, i found them interesting and wacky 😛

ghostie <3

5. November 6, 2018 at 4:47 pm

It has been confirmed multiple times that Squirrelflight never used Ashfur for anything. It was simply Ashfur jumping to conclusions and assuming she had feelings for him. A male character and a female character can interact without being romantically involved.

Oops, defending him is WRONG!

• Hungry Foxies Chasing Turkies
      November 7, 2018 at 12:08 am

Agreed

Count Your Blessings

6. Lilacs That Wave in the Autumn Breeze
    November 7, 2018 at 11:04 pm

I pretty much agree.

Live. Laugh. Love. Blog.

7. flowerpower
    November 8, 2018 at 6:24 am

Tallstar and Jake is my favorite ship in canon they’re really sweet
    Squirrelflight and Ashfur is bad but before he went crazy he wasnt that bad, better than Brambleclaw
    I personally think Sol is trans and I ship Sol with Hollyleaf

A really generic trans, tbh

8. rookcrash goes bOnk
    November 9, 2018 at 7:16 pm

I hate Firestorm, I love Ashscourge,,, oops!

9. CheetahFlight
    November 13, 2018 at 12:48 am

I totally ship SquirrelXBramble, well because… Here, I’ll give you 3 reasons:
    1. Squirrelflight and Brambleclaw grown close over the journey, and seeing Squirrelflight confess her love to Brambleclaw was soo cute!
    2. Both cats have their own rivals; Ashfur, blind to love, and jumping in conclusions, and Jessy, came out of the blue, and started flirting with Bramblestar and making Squirrelflight feel annoyed. ;
    3. They raised Jayfeather, Hollyleaf, Lionblaze, and had their own kits: Alderheart, Sparkpelt, Dandilionkit, Juniperkit.
    For FirexSand:
    1. Sandpaw made me feel cruddy before, because of her treating Fireheart.
    2. How they talk and show affection everywhere. So cute!
    3. Sandstorm greiving for Firestar. So sad!
    Now for PebblexHawk:
    I have never payed attention to that relationship, since I felt it was not a major impact to our Warriors, But in HJ, They hang out with each other, Hawkwing, didn’t like her at first, then felled in love with her! Then Pebbleshine expecting kits, and tried to catch a chicken, but a monster took her away. So I don’t pay attention to that couple.

Puuuuurrrr at me! 🙂