Crowfeather’s mates by Wolfpaw

Artwork by Lithestep

Wolfpaw shares their thoughts on Crowfeather and his romance throughout the series. Spoilers for Crowfeather’s Trial!

Hi Wolfpaw here. This is my first article, and I will be talking about Crowfeather and who Crowfeather will probably choose in Starclan. The three possible she-cats that Crowfeather had some kind of relationship with are Feathertail, Leafpool and Nightcloud.
In the beginning of the second series, Crowpaw is the grumpy Windclan apprentice who was chosen for the quest. The only cat Crowpaw really gets along with is Feathertail, who is a Riverclan warrior. They are a cute couple but Feathertail is older than Crowpaw, and probably would’ve realised that forbidden romances don’t work out after what happened to her own parents. But we never get to find out what happens because Feathertail gives her life to save Crowpaw and the tribe. Crowpaw is heartbroken, and the cat that helps him is Leafpool.
Crowfeather saves Leafpool during the battle with Shadowclan, when Leafpool almost falls down a cliff. Crowfeather tells Leafpool about his feelings, and the two cats start meeting on the border. After a while Crowfeather asks Leafpool to go with him, away from the clans. Leafpool in the beginning doesn’t want to leave, but later agrees to go with Crowfeather but they have to return when Midnight tells them about the badgers that attacked Thunderclan. Leafpool then has the kits of Crowfeather: Lionblaze, Hollyleaf and Jayfeather.
Crowfeather is mistrusted by his clan after his departure with Leafpool, and takes Nightcloud as his mate. It was written in the Ultimate Guide that Nightcloud agreed to being Crowfeather’s mate because she was scared she wouldn’t have a chance to have kits, and thought that she could make Crowfeather love her. They have a kit, Breezepelt but Crowfeather doesn’t really care about his mate or kit. In Crowfeather’s Trail Crowfeather actually realises what he did wrong, and asks Nightcloud if they should become mates again, but Nightcloud herself points out that Crowfeather doesn’t love Nightcloud, and they should just be clanmates.
Personally I think Crowfeather will choose Leafpool. His relationship with Feathertail was really at the beginning, and after Feathertail’s death Leafpool helps Crowfeather come out of his depression. Nightcloud seemed more of a chance for Crowfeather to prove his loyalties to his clanmates after Leafpool.

Fan Articles

Notify of
Mapledrift
Mapledrift
December 24, 2018 5:45 pm

I agree, Crowfeather would definitely choose Leafpool in StarClan, he knows her best of all the cats and it seems like they both really loved each other

Somewhere that’s Green

Wolfpaw tired to log in from her phone
Wolfpaw tired to log in from her phone
December 24, 2018 10:27 pm

I didn’t think it would be published so soon.

Marrowfrost who doesn't want to log in
Marrowfrost who doesn't want to log in
December 24, 2018 10:38 pm

Honestly, I just hope that Crowfeather chooses nobody in StarClan instead of Leafpool/Feathertail since I think that would be best. (But I really hate CrowxLeaf as well, I can tolerate FeatherxCrow and NightxCrow.)

Potato
Potato
December 24, 2018 11:45 pm

I agree as well! As Maple said, she knows him best and they were actually together as adults, not children.
But I love Nightcloud and Crowfeather’s just friends relationship now!

A very artsy Cloudy 🎨
A very artsy Cloudy 🎨
December 25, 2018 9:50 am

Totally agree with you!

Gotta break the taboo

idk
idk
December 26, 2018 11:50 am

crowfeather doesn’t love leafpool now, it’s shown in he SE

𝕃𝕚𝕝𝕪𝕝𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 (𝕃𝕚𝕝𝕪) 𝕃𝕚𝕝𝕪 𝕋𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝔽𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕤 𝔸𝕝𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕎𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝔹𝕣𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝔸𝕦𝕥𝕦𝕞𝕟 𝕃𝕖𝕒𝕧𝕖𝕤
𝕃𝕚𝕝𝕪𝕝𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 (𝕃𝕚𝕝𝕪) 𝕃𝕚𝕝𝕪 𝕋𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝔽𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕤 𝔸𝕝𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕎𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝔹𝕣𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝔸𝕦𝕥𝕦𝕞𝕟 𝕃𝕖𝕒𝕧𝕖𝕤
January 9, 2019 2:01 pm

Wolfpaw! That was great! You did a great job! I agree, too, except for choosing Leafpool in StarClan. He may choose Feathertail because Nightcloud and he end off as just friends and Leafpool ends off in a not-so-good relationship with him and she ends as a medicine cat! So, yeah. Cats from different Clans are still mates in StarClan, Bluestar and Oakheart, and Graystripe just might choose Silverstream for example. That’s what I think. Young kid-cats can have feelings, too!

ɪ ᴀᴍ ɴᴏᴡ ʟɪʟʏ, ɴᴏᴛ ꜱᴘᴏᴛꜱʏ!

Diamondkitti
Diamondkitti
February 16, 2019 11:52 pm

I honestly like FeatherxCrow the best but I only do because they had the best relationship! In the ned, Crowfeather never truly loved Nightcloud and Crowfeather says when Leafpool is about to die that she never truly loved him and that her heart was in her clan. I’m certain that Crowfeather will definitely choose Feathertail in Starclan.

Silent
Silent
September 11, 2020 7:58 pm

I hated Feather x Crow/ Brook x Storm.

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch