Frostedpool lists the saddest deaths from the original series.
So yeah: good luck. In honor of Halloween and Day of The Dead, I am going to bring back some painful memories of the saddest deaths from the first series. This is all my opinion, so don’t feel offended if your favorite cat’s death wasn’t mentioned. This discludes any characters who have backstories that make their deaths sadder (Scourge.) Anyway here we go!
10. Silverstream: Her death really didn’t destroy me like some of these other cats, but still, it was so unexpected. It also caused my permanent hate of ShadowClan (Or at least ShadowClan how it is most of the time 🙂
9. Gorsepaw: This death wouldn’t be as sad if it weren’t for Onewhisker. His devastated explanation always makes me sad to read or reread the first series. As Onewhisker explained Gorsepaw’s death, and all the cats mourning him, it is always a tear jerker. This death always makes me hate Tigerstar so much
8. Whitestorm: I’ve always loved Whitestorm. He was such a monumental character, always kind to Firestar, and he is one of the first ThunderClan cats we meet. So that makes his death all the sadder. And how he tells Firestar “I was never destined to be deputy?” Somehow that makes it sadder: like he died without believing he was good enough.
7. Silverstream: How could I not put this one on the list somewhere? Silverstream was a cat I loved because of her uniqueness in the first series. Now and days the concept of cross Clan lovers is a bit overused, but Silverstream was the original. And when she died, it caught me off guard. And it was devastating. Her and Graystripe were so cute together too.
6. Swiftpaw: I loved Swiftpaw: and his death was so unjustified. This death made me furious at Bluestar. All he wanted was to be a warrior! And he deserved it!!!
5. Lionheart: I wish I could forget this tragic death, He was so nice! Lionheart was a great character, but his death was neccacary. (Btw someone make a fanfiction about and AU where Lionheart lives) Again, another cat who started my hatred if Shadowclan through death.
4. Brindleface: This death was TERRIBLE. I felt like it was so unfair, like Brindleface had so much more of a life to live. I mean she is Dustpelt’s sister (And Ferncloud’s mom, which is REALLY CREEPY.) She was kind of a forgotten character, but still, this death still gets me every time. I mean, was it really neccasary?
3. Snowkit: WHY DID CINDERPELT GET A REBIRTH BUT NOT SNOWKIT? I WANT ANSWERS STARCLAN!! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
2. Stonefur: NO. WHYY YOU WERE SUCH AN AMAZING BEAUTIFUL CHARACTER WHY DID YOU HAVE TO DIE? (At least you died a noble death though)
1. Yellowfang: This. Was. The. Saddest. Thing. I. Have. Ever. Read.